PDA

View Full Version : New field lacrosse team at BMO.

SoccMan
01-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Just saw a little article in today's Toronto Sun mentioning that a possible NLL field lacrosse team might be coming to play out of BMO starting this year, a decision will be made on Feb. 1st by the league ( the NLL) whether to accept a Toronto team. If the team is accepted they will start play this coming season 2009.

SQUIRREL
01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
What happen to the ROCK?

London
01-25-2009, 11:04 AM
What happen to the ROCK?

NLL outdoor

rocker
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
any crazy extra lines painted on the field for outdoor lacrosse?!?!

3appleshigh
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
not much by my search maybe a goal crease circle thats about it.

also ift is MLL for the outdoor lacrosse.

dclaro
01-25-2009, 01:46 PM
how many professional teams can Toronto support?, i thought the bills would the last one, even if it's not technically ours. The more the merrier i guess.

Beach_Red
01-25-2009, 01:59 PM
If a field lacrosse team played at Lamport or Varsity I'd buy a ticket and go see them, but I'm going to boycott anything that's not soccer in the National Soccer Stadium.

J .
01-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Fuck this shit.

Seems like another protest this year to fight this garbage of stuffing teams into our house. MLL can get stuffed.

King Tut
01-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Fuck Lacrosse and fuck this shit. Not another bullshit effort to come in and fuck BMO Field up...

BMO Field = Strictly for Toronto FC and Canada's NT ONLY!

Broadview
01-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Lamport has Lacrosse lines. Think Lamport.

Sab0tage
01-25-2009, 03:01 PM
This is ridiculous. Looks like another year of protest to keep other teams out of BMO..

werewolf
01-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Maybe I am a part-time supporter, but I really don't see this as that big of a deal if absolutely nothing about the stadium gets changed. If they put in a crease that is visible for soccer games, then I am not in favour of that, but the principle of having the team play there really isn't a big deal to me. I understand the ideal sacredness of the stadium, but we can't cry wolf anytime a small issue gets brought up. No one protested for the Genesis concert awhile back. If we protest too much, when we have legitimate issues, no one will care. The Argo's was a big deal that would have really effected the stadium...this outdoor Lacrosse, I would be surprised if it lasts 3 years. Anyone remember the Toronto Phantoms?

icecoldbeer
01-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Anyone remember the Toronto Phantoms?

I do!

http://www.logoserver.com/football/TorontoPhantoms.GIF

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-25-2009, 03:24 PM
This is good as their lines dont mess up the field too much, and another non gridirion tenant is welcome. this is good news.

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Fuck Lacrosse and fuck this shit. Not another bullshit effort to come in and fuck BMO Field up...

F**K a canadian sport...theres national pride!!:rolleyes:

Blizzard
01-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Agreed. Putting a lacrosse team into BMO is a no-brainer bankruptcy in the making.

Lamport is ideal (although twice as big as those crowds would possibly require).

B

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Agreed. Putting a lacrosse team into BMO is a no-brainer bankruptcy in the making.

Lamport is ideal (although twice as big as those crowds would possibly require).

B

Field lacrosse has a good following, and could average 10,15000 at BMO
no problem....If we are ever to get real grass in we need another tenant
that wont mark the field up to help make it possible. Canadas Natl team games are few and far between as much as people going to watch the side, so they are not the answer either. this will be a added bonus...TFC
game in the afternoon...lacrosse at night....perfect.

Dirk Diggler
01-25-2009, 03:55 PM
I really don't see a problem with this either as it would most possibly not require crazy field markings and the retraction of the south stand.

MG42
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM

And public rentals :lol:

James Oliphant
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
And rugby (originally)

tfcmanu
01-25-2009, 04:02 PM
BMO Field may be getting a new tenant.
According to Inside Lacrosse, a group in Toronto is close to landing a Major League Lacrosse franchise that would take the field this summer.
According to the report, the team would be affiliated with the National Lacrosse League's Toronto Rock, but would not be owned by the team. The MLL will decide whether to add the Toronto team by Feb. 1.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/othersports/2009/01/25/8139586-sun.html

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-25-2009, 04:29 PM
I really don't see a problem with this either as it would most possibly not require crazy field markings and the retraction of the south stand.

the markings are not as bad as gridiron would be...But for the soccer purists out there its got to be rememberrd that TFC play 15 home games
in a calender year, 2 friendlies, 2 Canada cup for 19 games...not exactly busy...But TFC could move the academy teams there but the fans would
have to come out and support it. TFC could aslo have a u_21 team in the USL playing out of BMO then again it needs support...thats the only way BMO would be a foorball only facility.

Keyman
01-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Can't they play in a park somewhere in Toronto?

Blizzard
01-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Field lacrosse has a good following, and could average 10,15000 at BMO
no problem....If we are ever to get real grass in we need another tenant
that wont mark the field up to help make it possible. Canadas Natl team games are few and far between as much as people going to watch the side, so they are not the answer either. this will be a added bonus...TFC
game in the afternoon...lacrosse at night....perfect.

That would make it #1 in the league if they could pull it off. Average attendance was about 4400 in 2007.

I have nothing against lacrosse BUT if we end up getting a grass field one day, do we really need a lacrosse match in the rain tearing up the field a day before a TFC match?

That is obviously moot right now.

I don't see why you think that another tenant is necessary to get a grass field. I think the opposite is in fact true. The more wear and tear on a grass field, the more the quality of the grass field will deteriorate through the summer.

But, as I said above, that is moot for the moment.

If they can be succesfull, good luck to them!

B

rocker
01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
new varsity stadium has lacrosse lines.. perfect location for them to play.

Dirk Diggler
01-25-2009, 05:33 PM
In England and France a lot of football teams share their stadiums with Rugby teams and the natural grass pitch, more often than not, is in decent condition. In addition, I'm absolutely certain that Rugby players cause more damage to the pitch than field lacrosse players.

And most importantly, those stadiums also need to have their end stands a bit farther away in order to accommodate the bigger rugby pitch ... something that I believe is not in order to accommodate the lacrosse pitch. So all in all, I really don't see a problem with the stadium being utilized for the growth of another sport in the city that is not hockey, especially considering how it would figure to have absolutely zero affect on TFC games. Lastly, if BMO Field is accommodating 2 professional clubs without any other structural expenses, there might be significantly less pressure from the city to retrofit the stadium in order to host the Argos as well.

ExiledRed
01-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Can't they play in a park somewhere in Toronto?

My sentiments too.

james
01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
i dont care if a lacrosse team comes to BMO field as long as we cant see there lacrosse lines on the soccer field. I dont think they would reck the field even if it was grass, its not like rugby or Pointy ball.

But if i see even the slightest bit of Lacrosse lines when TFC play i will be PISSED OFF and start a riot!:D

Wagner
01-25-2009, 06:57 PM
the season is only 12 regular season games...so 6 home dates..maybe a pre-season, maybe a playoff game...
8 sunday afternoons...when TFC plays on saturdays.
I don't see this as a big deal at all. it's wrong to equate this to the argo situation.
as long as there are no lines on the pitch during TFC - who cares??
Does the City get the money from the field rental??

Wagner
01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
i dont care if a lacrosse team comes to BMO field as long as we cant see there lacrosse lines on the soccer field. I dont think they would reck the field even if it was grass, its not like rugby or Pointy ball.

But if i see even the slightest bit of Lacrosse lines when TFC play i will be PISSED OFF and start a riot!:D

every time someone walks on turfgrass it breaks the blades.
which can recover. but they need time and food and water etc...
the more stress you put on the turf....just like a person...the longer it takes to recover and the more susceptible to disease.

rugby and pointyball are the worst, as those monster dudes dig in and push...

AL-MO
01-25-2009, 07:47 PM

B

People will throw money at anything apparently.

nascarguy
01-25-2009, 08:42 PM

fuck yeah do you want to lose there fan base.

Blizzard
01-25-2009, 10:30 PM
People will throw money at anything apparently.

Yes, well, if it happens, perhaps they'll surprise us. I've nothing against lacrosse so if they can make it work, more power to them.

Kickit09
01-25-2009, 10:52 PM
what the fuck!

is MLSE or city of toronto shopping BMO field around or something? doesnt SSS mean anything?

for fucks sake

nascarguy
01-25-2009, 10:57 PM
it's the city mlse does not own the field the city does.

rocker
01-25-2009, 10:59 PM
is MLSE or city of toronto shopping BMO field around or something?

huh?

ccopela
01-25-2009, 11:19 PM
In my opinion its not that big of a deal. Toyota Park (Chicago) and Home Depot Center (LA) both host MLL games for their respective teams. Don't see any Lacrosse lines on their fields.

Dirk Diggler
01-25-2009, 11:21 PM
In my opinion its not that big of a deal. Toyota Park (Chicago) and Home Depot Center (LA) both host MLL games for their respective teams. Don't see any Lacrosse lines on their fields.

Exactly.

End of thread.

nascarguy
01-25-2009, 11:44 PM
yeah they need to use this place or the hardcore soccer fans are going to burn down bmo field.

Toronto Ruffrider
01-26-2009, 12:17 AM

I've seen traces of lacrosse lines in pictures of Paetec Park. Perhaps chalk lines can't be cleaned off of fieldturf as easily as grass.

James Oliphant
01-26-2009, 12:33 AM
doesnt SSS mean anything?

Yeah dude...it means Soccer Specific Stadium. As opposed to SES, which would be what you're thinking of...Soccer Exclusive Stadium. Or SOS...Soccer Only Stadium.

Soccer Specific only means it's built to the specifications (hence the "specific" bit) of a soccer field.

twistedchinaman
01-26-2009, 12:50 AM

I'll +1 to that, but to correct you -- the HDC has a special lacrosse field, and does not use the main stadium.

Cashcleaner
01-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Maybe I am a part-time supporter, but I really don't see this as that big of a deal if absolutely nothing about the stadium gets changed. If they put in a crease that is visible for soccer games, then I am not in favour of that, but the principle of having the team play there really isn't a big deal to me. I understand the ideal sacredness of the stadium, but we can't cry wolf anytime a small issue gets brought up. No one protested for the Genesis concert awhile back. If we protest too much, when we have legitimate issues, no one will care. The Argo's was a big deal that would have really effected the stadium...this outdoor Lacrosse, I would be surprised if it lasts 3 years. Anyone remember the Toronto Phantoms?

Its not that big of a deal and really just more of manufactured outrage on the part of the kneejerkers. If there is no negative effect on the stadium, why should people even give a fuck? I'd really like to know where this sense of entitlement is from some people. Are they not forgetting that the city owns the stadium, not TFC/MLSE?

Here's an idea, why not we petition the club and ownership to purchase BMO Field outright from Toronto. That way the club could do whatever the heck they wanted with the place.

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Outdoor Lacrosse? Finally. What we've all been waiting for. I played some in high school. It's popularity was rated around field hockey. This is a dumb move and will be as popular as the Argos moving in.

stugautz
01-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Its not that big of a deal and really just more of manufactured outrage on the part of the kneejerkers. If there is no negative effect on the stadium, why should people even give a fuck? I'd really like to know where this sense of entitlement is from some people. Are they not forgetting that the city owns the stadium, not TFC/MLSE?

Here's an idea, why not we petition the club and ownership to purchase BMO Field outright from Toronto. That way the club could do whatever the heck they wanted with the place.

Or....we could raise our own funds and by the stadium...that way WE could do whatever WE want :D

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2009, 10:38 AM

Entitlement. City owns stadium. Taxes go to city. I'm not entitled at all?

I'll sign the petition. I'll participate in an opposing sharing. I want only soccer at BMO.

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
the markings are not as bad as gridiron would be...But for the soccer purists out there its got to be rememberrd that TFC play 15 home games
in a calender year, 2 friendlies, 2 Canada cup for 19 games...not exactly busy...

and play off games makes it at least 20 games!!! ;)

As for the pitch markings, for me this is a none-negotiable issue. If we ever see BMO Field with ANY pitch markings other than soccer, I'd be monumentally pissed off and would seriously consider giving up my season tickets in protest (or at least not going to the games). Same goes for changing the livery of the stadium - it stays red and it stays TFC only.

If the lacrosse thing comes in and has nomore impact than the fun leagues that play footie at bmo field, i don't care about it. if the impact is any greater than that, it's the same problem as the argos (although maybe not to the same scale).

deltox
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM
i dont want any other pitch markings either....but during last yr, you could see where they marked out training fields on the pitch...the lines were still visible.

do you still wanna give up your seasons tickets?

Cantstoptherock
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM

As for the pitch markings, for me this is a none-negotiable issue. If we ever see BMO Field with ANY pitch markings other than soccer, I'd be monumentally pissed off and would seriously consider giving up my season tickets in protest (or at least not going to the games). Same goes for changing the livery of the stadium - it stays red and it stays TFC only.

If the lacrosse thing comes in and has nomore impact than the fun leagues that play footie at bmo field, i don't care about it. if the impact is any greater than that, it's the same problem as the argos (although maybe not to the same scale).

I'll take your tix.

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 11:08 AM
there are two root causes of all this stuff: 1. MLS not making an outright declaration that ALL franchises have to be SSS only, and 2. the split ownership issue with the city. neither looks likely to go away anytime soon, so we;re just going to have to keep on sucking this stuff up or making a big enough noise about it that the club and city listen to us.

right now, we total 16,000 SSH plus another 9,000 or so on the waiting list. if we can convince the relevant people that we;re unified in our voice, we're a big factor to try and ignore. trouble is, in reality we're a few thousand SG people at best and only a handful would turn up to protests. I imagine an awful lot of the BMO Field match day attendance is soccer moms and families and they would quite happily support lacrosse and god knows what else at BMO Field.

Still, a big banner unfurled from the south end saying "keep bmo field soccer only" on match days makes it look like 20,000 people all want the same thing, and gets tv coverage to boot. the camera never lies!!! ;)

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2009, 11:08 AM
TFC regular + post season, friendlies and V cup,

And all the Canada games the CSA should be scheduling!

Just because other cities don't care about multi use fields doesn't mean we shouldn't prefer exclusivity to one sport.

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
i dont want any other pitch markings either....but during last yr, you could see where they marked out training fields on the pitch...the lines were still visible.

do you still wanna give up your seasons tickets?

take your point, but i don't remember seeing them and at least it was still soccer (principle over substance i know, but we know for 100% definite that the city soccer games are not leaving bmo field for now, and that was always part of the deal).

if the lacrosse team comes in and leaves markings for a different sport on the pitch, then what next? the argos come in too? we get blue seats in with the red?

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I'll take your tix.

Hah - i knew someone would post this. I don't think i could ever actually give them up (even when i am dead), but the thought of pointy ball lines on the pitch makes we want to throw up. :mad:

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
TFC regular + post season, friendlies and V cup,

And all the Canada games the CSA should be scheduling!

Just because other cities don't care about multi use fields doesn't mean we shouldn't prefer exclusivity to one sport.

Agreed 100% :hump:

deltox
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
so if lacrosse comes in and marks the field, but the lines are barely visible (like they are now), would you still get pissy?

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 11:27 AM

yes to the playoffs...so tha is still 20 at most for TFC, coummunity use, how many nights is that used? an event that would being in money and would not mark the field would be an outdoor wrestling card....TNA prefered over wwe. they will be slight lines on the field for the lacrosse but bot as bad as cfl lines would have been.

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
so if lacrosse comes in and marks the field, but the lines are barely visible (like they are now), would you still get pissy?

see my above post, which covers this. if there's no impact to the potch and stadium livery, I don;t care. it's only if the pitch gets ruined and/or they start to brand in other teams that I would consider it a big issue.

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
yes to the playoffs...so tha is still 20 at most for TFC, coummunity use, how many nights is that used? an event that would being in money and would not mark the field would be an outdoor wrestling card....TNA prefered over wwe. they will be slight lines on the field for the lacrosse but bot as bad as cfl lines would have been.

21 at most. as for community use, i have tried to book bmo field on a couple of occasions for footie use and the place is absolutely chock full all the time. there were only a couple of one hour slots available in like a one month period. factor in the TFC training time as well and the thing is in near constant use by the sounds of it. whether that's an issue on the lacrosse thing i don;t know, but if your point is the place is hardly used, then you're way off from what i understand (which isn't inside info, just based on my attempted bookings).

Cantstoptherock
01-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Hah - i knew someone would post this. I don't think i could ever actually give them up (even when i am dead), but the thought of pointy ball lines on the pitch makes we want to throw up. :mad:

I agree with the pointy ball lines. Have you ever seen a field lacrosse pitch? There are some marking, but it's nothing to have a coronary over.
A little X at midfield, two lines about ten yards long perpendicular to the midfield line and two circles for the goal creases 6 yards in diameter. The creases would sit right around the penalty spot anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mens_lacrosse_diagram.svg

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
there are two root causes of all this stuff: 1. MLS not making an outright declaration that ALL franchises have to be SSS only, and 2. the split ownership issue with the city. neither looks likely to go away anytime soon, so we;re just going to have to keep on sucking this stuff up or making a big enough noise about it that the club and city listen to us.

right now, we total 16,000 SSH plus another 9,000 or so on the waiting list. if we can convince the relevant people that we;re unified in our voice, we're a big factor to try and ignore. trouble is, in reality we're a few thousand SG people at best and only a handful would turn up to protests. I imagine an awful lot of the BMO Field match day attendance is soccer moms and families and they would quite happily support lacrosse and god knows what else at BMO Field.

Still, a big banner unfurled from the south end saying "keep bmo field soccer only" on match days makes it look like 20,000 people all want the same thing, and gets tv coverage to boot. the camera never lies!!! ;)

just get the RPB/ and other supporters groups to draw up a petition to keep BMO football only!! I like outdoor lacrosse, but wouldn't mind BMO just being football only....the Lacrosse could be at the dome???

gtaguy
01-26-2009, 11:42 AM
if this gets approved will that mean the death of a real grass field.
If there was ever plans for one ??

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I agree with the pointy ball lines. Have you ever seen a field lacrosse pitch? There are some marking, but it's nothing to have a coronary over.
A little X at midfield, two lines about ten yards long perpendicular to the midfield line and two circles for the goal creases 6 yards in diameter. The creases would sit right around the penalty spot anyways.

Bias much CSTR? Hitcho called it with the principle. They have the opportunity to make a place that's home for soccer alone. They don't need other sports if they're going to rent out a field always in demand. Call it a Coronary if you like. I call it unnecessary.

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 12:10 PM
just get the RPB/ and other supporters groups to draw up a petition to keep BMO football only!! I like outdoor lacrosse, but wouldn't mind BMO just being football only....the Lacrosse could be at the dome???

at the start of the htread i thought you were in favour of letting in the lacrosse team?! :noidea:

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 12:14 PM

Not familiar with lacrosse, no. but the point is if you allow a few lines to be pained on the pitch for lacrosse, then you no longer have a clean pitch for footie. and if that's ok, what's the difference to playing in giants stadium? it's one of degree only, not kind.

like i said, i have no issue with a lacrosse team coming in to play so long as there are no pitch markings put down (unless they can be completely removed after each use) and no changes to the livery of the stadium.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Cantstoptherock
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Bias much CSTR? Hitcho called it with the principle. They have the opportunity to make a place that's home for soccer alone. They don't need other sports if they're going to rent out a field always in demand. Call it a Coronary if you like. I call it unnecessary.

What makes you think I'm bias?:noidea:

Cantstoptherock
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Not familiar with lacrosse, no. but the point is if you allow a few lines to be pained on the pitch for lacrosse, then you no longer have a clean pitch for footie. and if that's ok, what's the difference to playing in giants stadium? it's one of degree only, not kind.

like i said, i have no issue with a lacrosse team coming in to play so long as there are no pitch markings put down (unless they can be completely removed after each use) and no changes to the livery of the stadium.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that because so few markings would be needed, it wouldn't be hard to simply chalk down the markings. Also, I'm don't see how simple chalk can't be removed by the brush they use on synthetic fields to work in the plastic pellets.

Until MLSE decide to buy the stadium, the City can rent it to whomever they please.

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2009, 01:29 PM
What makes you think I'm bias?:noidea:

;) just a hunch. my apologies.

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM
at the start of the htread i thought you were in favour of letting in the lacrosse team?! :noidea:

first priority would be a soccer only building...2nd if MLSE is running this lacrosse team and makes money at it maybe the will keep prices for TFC down...:eek: i know its asking a bit, but heres hoping.

Whoop
01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't know why everyone is so pissy. It's not like this idea would ever even fly. Like Al-Mo said, people will throw their money at anything.

I know lacrosse has a following in Canada, but most prefer box lacrosse over field lacrosse. Now if it was the Toronto Rock wanting to move to BMO, then I could see them getting 20,000 on some games, but there is no way a MLL team would get anywhere near 10,000 for a field lacrosse game.

If I were to get a MLL franchise I would try Lamport or Varsity before even considering BMO.

Not worried because it's not going to happen. Bankruptcy waiting to happen as someone else posted.

Dirk Diggler
01-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Wow ... so much unnecessary whining ... fact of the matter is that none of us owns the stadium so we should stop acting like it. To protest against the Argos was justified since they would have required whole sale renovations to the stadium.

An MLL team on the other hand would require zero to very little changes. As someone already mentioned in this thread, MLL teams play at HDC and Toyota Park ... and you never see any markings. In addition, whats the big deal about the stadium being shared by someone else as long as there is no change being made? Do you see the Leafs fan whining about how they have to share ACC with the Raptors? Also, as I mentioned earlier, there are teams in the EPL and Ligue 1 that share their stadium with rugby clubs. As a result, their end stands are farther away and on some days, the rugby markings are clearly visible. Are you telling me that a 3rd year franchise in a 3rd rate league is more prestigious that those teams? Get a grip folks ....

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't know why everyone is so pissy. It's not like this idea would ever even fly. Like Al-Mo said, people will throw their money at anything.

I know lacrosse has a following in Canada, but most prefer box lacrosse over field lacrosse. Now if it was the Toronto Rock wanting to move to BMO, then I could see them getting 20,000 on some games, but there is no way a MLL team would get anywhere near 10,000 for a field lacrosse game.

If I were to get a MLL franchise I would try Lamport or Varsity before even considering BMO.

Not worried because it's not going to happen. Bankruptcy waiting to happen as someone else posted.

I believe some on the Rock players will be on this team, this will pay better then the Ontario summer league. Lamport and Varsity seating is too small. an MLL team could get over 10,000 easy.

AL-MO
01-26-2009, 03:15 PM
I believe some on the Rock players will be on this team, this will pay better then the Ontario summer league. Lamport and Varsity seating is too small. an MLL team could get over 10,000 easy.

MLL average attendance seems to state otherwise. I don't know alot about Lacrosse, but box lacrosse is bigger up here than field anyways. They seem to play more field in the states.

Hitcho
01-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm sure that because so few markings would be needed, it wouldn't be hard to simply chalk down the markings. Also, I'm don't see how simple chalk can't be removed by the brush they use on synthetic fields to work in the plastic pellets.

Until MLSE decide to buy the stadium, the City can rent it to whomever they please.

For me, no impact on the stadium means no problem. Agreed that city can rent to whomever they choose, but that doesn't mean that, as paying SSHs, we can't have an opinion about it.

Anyway, we're kind of on the same page and it doesn't sound as though there's much in this!

Dirk Diggler
01-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Even if box lax is more popular here, I would have to think that any form of lacrosse should be able to draw better here than Los Angeles. Most people in the States don't have any idea was lacrosse looks like.

Fort York Redcoat
01-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow ... so much unnecessary whining ... fact of the matter is that none of us owns the stadium so we should stop acting like it. To protest against the Argos was justified since they would have required whole sale renovations to the stadium.

An MLL team on the other hand would require zero to very little changes. As someone already mentioned in this thread, MLL teams play at HDC and Toyota Park ... and you never see any markings. In addition, whats the big deal about the stadium being shared by someone else as long as there is no change being made? Do you see the Leafs fan whining about how they have to share ACC with the Raptors? Also, as I mentioned earlier, there are teams in the EPL and Ligue 1 that share their stadium with rugby clubs. As a result, their end stands are farther away and on some days, the rugby markings are clearly visible. Are you telling me that a 3rd year franchise in a 3rd rate league is more prestigious that those teams? Get a grip folks ....

If you want to revisit prestige in EPL grounds those that are shared are looked down upon there as well. I couldn't say our prestige in world football is better than say Wigan but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to maintain standards. You go to Wigan (for egs.) and they point and say that's where the rugby and football are played. I would prefer not to say that's where Toronto's football, gridiron and Lacrosse and frisby are played.

If you don't care you don't care:noidea:.

I do.

C.Ronaldo
01-26-2009, 04:00 PM
lacross has something like a 12 game season

its no big deal

AL-MO
01-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Even if box lax is more popular here, I would have to think that any form of lacrosse should be able to draw better here than Los Angeles. Most people in the States don't have any idea was lacrosse looks like.

Just like hockey, Lacrosse is big in some areas.

I have cousin's in Syracuse and its quite big down there.

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 04:20 PM
MLL average attendance seems to state otherwise. I don't know alot about Lacrosse, but box lacrosse is bigger up here than field anyways. They seem to play more field in the states.

But Toronto is way beter at supporting sports then the states!!:D

rocker
01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
i saw a report on TV about how at some US colleges lacrosse is becoming bigger than many of the traditional sports. And some games get massive turnouts.

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-26-2009, 04:54 PM
i saw a report on TV about how at some US colleges lacrosse is becoming bigger than many of the traditional sports. And some games get massive turnouts.

lets face it us collages make the most out of rivalries, while the nhl has 3 real good ones, Boston-Montreal, NY Rangers-Islanders and Detroit_chicago nothing comes close to say a Notre Dame_Michigan,
USC-Ohio State ones.

james
01-26-2009, 06:25 PM
If you want to revisit prestige in EPL grounds those that are shared are looked down upon there as well. I couldn't say our prestige in world football is better than say Wigan but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to maintain standards. You go to Wigan (for egs.) and they point and say that's where the rugby and football are played. I would prefer not to say that's where Toronto's football, gridiron and Lacrosse and frisby are played.

If you don't care you don't care:noidea:.

I do.

ya for the most part Wigan's field is matained pretty well. For the most part the field is good. There is very few visible lines in Rugby compared to an NFL field, id always rather a soccer team play on a rugby field then a NFL field, NFL field Gridline is just disgusting.

But there was a game last year in Wigan vs Arsenal where the field was really ripped up at mid field from a rugby match the night before or somethin and Arsenal complained and were gonna try to fine Wigan for not metting stadium standards. I dont know what ever happened with that but you can see some teams deffinitly do look down on a EPL club playing on a ripped up Rugby Field.

Dirk Diggler
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Who the hell is going to look down at us for sharing the stadium with a lacrosse teams? Aside from the NYRB when they get their new stadium, no one in the league is in a situation to ridicule others for ground sharing and what not. We are NOT in the EPL guys .... get used to it.

james
01-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Who the hell is going to look down at us for sharing the stadium with a lacrosse teams? Aside from the NYRB when they get their new stadium, no one in the league is in a situation to ridicule others for ground sharing and what not. We are NOT in the EPL guys .... get used to it.

i think most people just dont want any lines on the soccer field. If they do then we look worse off then even some amature teams who play on better fields thens us!

james
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/James_David_Champken/JJB.jpg

Here is what Wigan field sometimes looks like when sharring with Rugby. Its not that bad, much better then seeing New York play at Giant Stadium. Lacrosse wouldnt reck the field like that either.

Hustle
01-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Lacrosse begins and ends in T.O with the rock. Thats it. Keep them Out of our Field!

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Lacrosse begins and ends in T.O with the rock. Thats it. Keep them Out of our Field!

even if Rock players are on the new team? giving them a better paycheck? Rock players have played outdoor lacrosse, most have been
on Canadas national side indoors and out.....

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2009, 12:52 PM

Me. I'll look down on it. That's enough for me. Better question is why you're so excited to share BMO with other sports? I've not seen someone so excited about not caring about something for a while.

W're not an EPL team. Does that mean we shouldn't strive to have the best football ground on this continent?

C.Ronaldo
01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
i prefer outdoor lacrosse, its more technical and fun to watch the long range passes

Keystone FC
01-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Just an outside opinion but wouldn't a lacrosse team at BMO mean more money going to BMO which could lead to early expansion of said BMO. I know BMO was meant to be for TFC and a National Stadium for Canada but it seems that until grass can be put down then the CNT will stay away from BMO. If a lacrosse team comes in then couldn't there be some sort of clause that would have them pay for at least half of the grass and ground crewe which would also help in costs for the stadium and TFC?
Not only could this help TFC but it could benefit BMO as well.

romburgundy
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Here's what it looks like. I'm not sure that I have a real problem with that. After all the more teams moving in with the least impact on our game day experience the better chance we have of keeping the Argos and their messy lines out of our house.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Mens_lacrosse_diagram.svg

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Just an outside opinion but wouldn't a lacrosse team at BMO mean more money going to BMO which could lead to early expansion of said BMO. I know BMO was meant to be for TFC and a National Stadium for Canada but it seems that until grass can be put down then the CNT will stay away from BMO. If a lacrosse team comes in then couldn't there be some sort of clause that would have them pay for at least half of the grass and ground crewe which would also help in costs for the stadium and TFC?
Not only could this help TFC but it could benefit BMO as well.

The CMNT have and will play there again grass or no grass. BMO, unlike most other teams in the league, sees plenty of money. As it is the expansion will come. If it means waiting another year vs watching a shared pitch I'll wait.

Dirk Diggler
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Me. I'll look down on it. That's enough for me. Better question is why you're so excited to share BMO with other sports? I've not seen someone so excited about not caring about something for a while.

W're not an EPL team. Does that mean we shouldn't strive to have the best football ground on this continent?

I'm "excited" about it because not only will Toronto have one more professional sports team, it will also help in keeping the Argos out of BMO without having any form of negative impact on TFC. Simple as that. I don't understand the need to attach any form of sentimental value to the exclusivity of a publicly owned stadium such as BMO.

Fort York Redcoat
01-27-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm "excited" about it because not only will Toronto have one more professional sports team, it will also help in keeping the Argos out of BMO without having any form of negative impact on TFC. Simple as that. I don't understand the need to attach any form of sentimental value to the exclusivity of a publicly owned stadium such as BMO.

Public owned or no I want it exclusive. I'm sorry you don't understand my sentimental valuing of BMO.:noidea:

egoodwin
01-27-2009, 06:33 PM
why are people who don't want this team at BMO being cast as unreasonable, ignorant, and bigots?

I don't want this team at BMO either.. and I think they should play at Lamport, but eitherway, I doubt we will succeed and if by chance we do, I give it a couple of years

Keystone FC
01-28-2009, 07:20 AM
The CMNT have and will play there again grass or no grass. BMO, unlike most other teams in the league, sees plenty of money. As it is the expansion will come. If it means waiting another year vs watching a shared pitch I'll wait.

I see your point and to an extent I agree with you. The powers that be have stated that expansion will come and grass is on the way. I guess I'm looking at this from a point of view where for a loooooong time sports teams shared one facility and I think we may be going back to that type of arrangement in the near future.
I think it comes down to that the fans are kept in the dark on so many things in reguards to matters like these that it becomes necessary to air our pros and cons.
If we were given definite answers to simple questions then I think alot of this stuff wouldn't take place.