PDA

View Full Version : Keon Daniel and Gregory Richardson

ben_vw
01-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I wasn't sure if anyone picked up on this so I did a short write-up about it.

http://www.tfcconnected.com/2009/01/keon-daniel-and-gregory-richardson.html

It looks like Keon Daniel and Gregory Richardson could be in camp when pre-season training starts.

Thoughts?

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Outstanding. I wonder if Keon Daniel is being brought in to push Ricketts and Smith?

H Bomb
01-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Great news. Bring em in. There are no negatives to bringer in players for camp IMO. Pushes others into better play, and gives us a chance to be as good as possible

Nuvinho
01-24-2009, 03:02 PM
how many international spots do we have left to use?

Jitter
01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Anyone have an idea of how likely it is that either of these guys would eventually sign with us?

I remember seeing Richardson in action and damn, he would look great on the squad!

Ossington Mental Youth
01-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Good look, i hate to say it but this, IF its true, means Ricketts is on his way out

tfc
01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
^^^ a distinct possibility. Remember how many spots we have open too ... none. Somebody has to be shipped out; with that said, i'd drop velez, edwards, melo, and dunny before Ricketts. he's pure class.

ben_vw
01-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Melo's already gone.

dantdot
01-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Hmm, I wouldn't be too sure if this means anything for Ricketts, how many trialists did we have last season?

Wooster_TFC
01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
how many international spots do we have left to use?

Why oh why do people always ask this?

Link: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

Note: this roster currently includes Grella and Hall, both of whom are not signed. We are currently full up on the roster situation if you count the two of them, but have 1 international, or US roster spot available (I'm not sure if a player takes up the specific spot, or if we just have to be less than the number, so it could matter since we only have 4 full internationals, but a bunch of US players taking up the I spots).

The interesting questions become whether Ibrahim is GA anymore or not (there is info that demonstrates he won't be anymore), and whether or not the 4 Dev spots are senior or not (this makes it interesting for Attakora and Rosenlund, who might get bumped up if there are no more Senior Dev type salary allowances.)

As others have said, it never hurts to have players come in an trial, worst thing that happens is they play their way onto the team, and someone else gets traded or cut.

As for rumours on who's going out, I'd bet it would be one (or more) of our defenders before Ricketts, since both Dunivant and Marshall would fetch a fair amount in a trade, and would cut the salary down almost as much.

Dirk Diggler
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
That Richardson dude sounds good .... any one who can score a hat trick on New England is MLS-calibre to me.

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-24-2009, 07:08 PM
The other interesting thing about the interview Mo mentions that some young African and Brazilian players also might be attending camp.

Highlights of the Joe Public - Revs match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrNNyrwRW5g&feature=related

Ossington Mental Youth
01-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Its not a matter of taking up an senior internation slot, its a matter of replacing him in that position (re: Ricketts)

jloome
01-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Its not a matter of taking up an senior internation slot, its a matter of replacing him in that position (re: Ricketts)

I'm not sure why you think they'd move Ricketts ahead of Smith, who has produced substantially less for the team and has way more trade value.

They're not just going to release Ricketts; he's an eight-point midifielder who can cross with both feet. That's not common in MLS, crappy results last year notwithstanding.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-25-2009, 04:58 AM
Im only suggesting this as there could be some value in the rumor that Ricketts wants to leave and these guys would be his replacement.

Marco2K
01-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Cause Smith makes somehting like 37 000$ and ricketts is expecting 250 000.

I DONT GET ALL YOU GUYS WITH YOUR MAN CRUSH ON RICKETTS

DOMIN8R
01-25-2009, 09:44 AM
We prefer the term "Bromance".

Nuvinho
01-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Smith makes $37K pro-rated, Ricketts makes $200K. A 50K swing in MLS, is a big deal with the salary cap ;)

Pachuco
01-25-2009, 10:20 AM
holy crap this Richardson looks good in those highlights.

rocker
01-25-2009, 10:41 AM
looks like Mojo is gonna have some quality players at training camp and see who stands out and works well in the system. He has assets to trade.. I mean, I don't necessarily WANT to trade any of these guys, but they are valuable: Dunivant, Marshall, Ricketts (NYRB inquired about him last year), Edwards, Frei, Cronin, Smith.

I wouldn't worry about roster spots at this point.

NF-FC
01-25-2009, 12:34 PM
That Richardson dude sounds good .... any one who can score a hat trick on New England is MLS-calibre to me.

to be fair it was basically the Revs reserve squad

rocker
01-25-2009, 12:38 PM
one thing I noticed about Joe Pubic against the Limp Act is they seem pretty smart offensively (I assume those two played in those Limp Act games I saw, but I forget details). Joe Pubic was crappy defensively and the keeper sucked, but offensively they seemed organized and interested in getting forward.