PDA

View Full Version : Position problem: Where will Toronto FC play De Rosario?

johnmolinaro
01-23-2009, 10:02 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/01/23/f-derosario.html

Nice problem to have.

RedRum
01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Another article about our midfield that makes no mention of Ricketts...

ginkster88
01-23-2009, 10:48 PM
...right, but that's because the article was talking about central midfielders. No mention of Jo Smith either.

Keystone FC
01-24-2009, 03:47 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2009/01/23/f-derosario.html

Nice problem to have.

I agree. It's a nice problem that we have that will cause alot of headaches for other teams. We could actually field several different formations with the same players.
I just hope DeRo lives up to his presser comment when he said he would play in goal if they asked him. To me that means he his willing to be in the mix rather than be the star.

Super
01-24-2009, 04:16 AM
DeRo brings a winning mentality to the team. I do believe this is worth more than his weight in gold. No way DeRo will allow this team to fail the way it did in its first two years. I'm very optimistic going forward. Can't wait for the season to start!

Jamaicanadian
01-24-2009, 09:53 AM
I agree. It's a nice problem that we have that will cause alot of headaches for other teams. We could actually field several different formations with the same players.
I just hope DeRo lives up to his presser comment when he said he would play in goal if they asked him. To me that means he his willing to be in the mix rather than be the star.

You dont have to worry about DeRo being a prima donna....
He walks his talk!

BFin
01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Answer to the thread topic...wherever the fuck he wants to play. In my books at least.

Damien
01-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Guevara should be where DeRo aint and vice versa.

rocker
01-24-2009, 02:15 PM
I wanna see how the opposition deals with us now. I'd like to see Ricketts not have to deal with the doubleteam, or Guevara not have to be smothered til he gets pissed and hits somebody for a red card. De Ro is gonna draw so much attention, which he can deal with, and the other guys are gonna reap the benefits.

Dirk Diggler
01-24-2009, 02:20 PM
That is not even something I will worry about until the beginning of the season.

TFC OZZ
01-24-2009, 03:38 PM
as long as hes on the field im happy

scooter
01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Answer to the thread topic...wherever the fuck he wants to play. In my books at least.

exactly

Keyman
01-25-2009, 04:28 PM
------------Barrett-----------
------DeRo--------Guevara---
Smith----------------------Ricketts--
-----------Robinson------------------
-Brennan--Marshall--(?)--Wynne---
-------------Sutton----------------

Stryker
01-25-2009, 04:38 PM
^ that line up looks promising but as Ive said before we just have too many strikers now to play a lone man up front.
Ethier DeRo will play a wing or Guevara will have to be traded.

Keyman
01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Or we just let go of one of our strikers...

Nuvinho
01-25-2009, 05:08 PM
The thing is.....this year we may have alot of strikers:

Dichio, Barrett, Ibbe, Smith, and White

But, when you look at it closely. White won't be ready til about the summer. Dichio is in his last year probably. As well, I think Smith is the odd guy out, if we were to move someone, just because he is a international for us, and does have a lot of trade value.

Nodoubtguy
01-25-2009, 05:30 PM
The thing is.....this year we may have alot of strikers:

Dichio, Barrett, Ibbe, Smith, and White

I don't think Smith would be used up front.......so that leaves us with 4 forwards.

White is gonna be a rookie coming of an injury so probably won't see lots of time....down to 3.

I love the guy, but DD can't play a whole season at 100% health.

So we got Ibbe and Chad as our guys this year. Is that enough?? :noidea: