PDA

View Full Version : No TFC DP on the horizon - The Footy Blog

Daveisonfire
01-23-2009, 08:33 PM
http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2009/01/23/6946.aspx

MG42
01-23-2009, 08:41 PM
good article...I'm not sure what to think about the whole DP thing :( :) ????

egoodwin
01-23-2009, 08:46 PM
meh

don't need one

i'd like to see the effects of DeRo + (CB) + Draft choices will be before rendering a decision on this matter

based on last year's lineup I'd say yes, but things have changed

Redcoe15
01-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Not worried. Problably a good thing.

Daveisonfire
01-23-2009, 09:04 PM
So does this mean trading the slot for a proven CB and allocations to keep Ricketts and co on the roster?

Dirk Diggler
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Of course there's no DP .... the season tix renewal period has come and gone.

MG42
01-23-2009, 09:19 PM
After reading the comments again I think I can see the truth :)

We have to wait _____ years until young world class players want to play in MLS for TFC.

Don't hold your breath...

Jack
01-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Very cynical.

andyc
01-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Very cynical.

But still true...

Super
01-23-2009, 10:24 PM
If we're not going to use the DP slot we better trade it away early. I'd hate to waste it, again!

Jack
01-23-2009, 10:26 PM
If we're not going to use the DP slot we better trade it away early. I'd hate to waste it, again!

I agree with this.

But still, I think if we get the right player then we should use it.

That's always been my feeling on the DP. If you can get the right player, then use it. Otherwise, you wait or you trade it.

rocker
01-23-2009, 10:33 PM

do you really believe masses of people renewed because of this?

i'd like to give the fans a bit more credit than that.. that they love the team not just simply because we might get a DP.

I renewed my seats cuz I love the team itself, win or lose, not because there was a rumour TFC might sign a DP.

And if any fans did renew just because of that, and there's no DP This year, and they renew again cuz rumours say a DP is coming, they are fools.

As George Bush once said... "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again" ;)

andyc
01-23-2009, 10:49 PM

i'd like to give the fans a bit more credit than that.. that they love the team not just simply because we might get a DP.

I renewed my seats cuz I love the team itself, win or lose, not because there was a rumour TFC might sign a DP.

And if any fans did renew just because of that, and there's no DP This year, and they renew again cuz rumours say a DP is coming, they are fools.

As George Bush once said... "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again" ;)

I agree that fans renewed for the love of the team - I certainly did. What frustrates me is that the club clearly don't believe this. Why else do the DP and grass quotes all come out at this time???

In my opinion this is a case of the club having no respect for the fans by trying to build up the demand for season ticket renewal with false stories. Most of the time I think that the club does a pretty good job at balancing the business demands against looking after the supporters but the whole silly season seat renewal time where the quotes come out thick and fast leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Pachuco
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM

All the guy is saying is that MLSE uses the DP thing as a marketing ploy when needed (during season ticket renewals).

Your response though is the same as saying the following:

Do you really think people buy Coca-Cola because they saw an advertisement on the highway?

That advertisement on the highway is used as much by Coca-Cola as TFC uses the DP thing for marketing.