PDA

View Full Version : Rohan Ricketts re-signing?

jloome
01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Come on BB, give it up, what the deal-io?

There's been no word on him re-signing yet. But he plays with both feet, so the various discussions of whether DeRo might play wide left are a bit moot, 'cos he could play on the right.

I figure Ricketts is even more important now, as he plays the same kind of style as the rest of our attacking mids, getting the ball down and using dribbling technique. Johann isn't ready to take his place and DeRo is better inside.

Keyman
01-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I hope that the rumours of the bright lights of Broadway enticing him to play for the Energy Drinks aren't true. Sadly though, when there's smoke, there's usually fire.

The major dilemma that I keep having with myself is who the hell would we even get in return for Ricketts? Dane Richards? Jorge Rojas? Allocations? Nothing really seems to add up. Hopefully Rohan is as committed to Toronto as he was when I interviewed him way back when, because at that point he seemed genuinely interested in staying with the club for an extended period of time. Losing Rohan would be a horrible turn of events. He was one of our best players last season, and I only see him improving now that he has a year under his belt.

Yohan
01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
actually, from what i've seen from Dane Richards, I wouldnt mind having that guy.

that boy is fast as hell and has some finishing ability to boot

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2009, 08:24 PM
when does his contract end?
I really dont think hes going to be leaving us.
He will still be the only winger on the field, with DeRo playing the other side

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Id rather have Ricketts than Richards.
It looks as if hes happy here doing charity work and public appearances.
I too fail to see what NJ has to offer.
Where did the rumor come from btw?
I remember NJ was interested in him but there was no proof of him wanting them

Keyman
01-21-2009, 08:27 PM
“Yeah, it’s a two-year deal,” said Ricketts, a right-sided midfielder who most recently played for Barnsley in the Coca-Cola Championship. Other terms were not released.

It's a two year deal, but I believe the second year was an option year.

Damien
01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
"Ricketts-to-RBNY" is a made up rumor by someone on this (or another tfc) board.

Can anyone actually find me a link that says he's linked to RBNY?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2009, 08:39 PM

I do believe we will sign him on, if we were he surely would have split by now, no?

Damiiano, i know theres a small little bit around in an article somewhere stating NJs interest in him, its a blurb tho so it might be difficult to find.
I do believe that the interest the otherway (ie Ricketts to NJ) was made up

Damien
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Damiiano, i know theres a small little bit around in an article somewhere stating NJs interest in him, its a blurb tho so it might be difficult to find.
I do believe that the interest the otherway (ie Ricketts to NJ) was made up

U sure? I havent seen anything at all... and believe me, i scour!

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
HAHAHA
im feeling pretty certain about this, if i wasnt just headed out the door id try and find it for ya.

olegunnar
01-21-2009, 08:47 PM

And if it's like the other contracts of ourplayers, the club has the option not the player.

I think the nervy times come when the club "declines" the option ala dichio and robbo, in order to renegotiate a lower salary, at which point the players are technically free to walk away should they not like the offer.

I believe we can just pick up RRs option and pay him what his current contract states he's due in the 2nd year.

BFin
01-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Little tidbit I just came across in re-reading the 360 magazine they gave out at the TFC kit party...they had a Q&A section with Jimmy B, Barrett, and Robbo and one of the final questions they asked was who trained the poorest on the team, and just to spark the fire around here :)....Chad Barrett gave this delightful answer: "Ricketts. He always seems late and if there is an optional extra he wont choose it."
Just a little food for thought. Maybe he's not loved in the locker room.

TFC_123
01-21-2009, 08:52 PM
I had a couple of long conversations with Rohann some months back and he absolutely loves the city of Toronto. Having described the Toronto "as his favourite city in the world", I doubt he'll choose NYC over Toronto, given the choice. Also, he's building quite the life here; I honestly don't think he'd want to give it all up and start over in NYC.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Little tidbit I just came across in re-reading the 360 magazine they gave out at the TFC kit party...they had a Q&A section with Jimmy B, Barrett, and Robbo and one of the final questions they asked was who trained the poorest on the team, and just to spark the fire around here :)....Chad Barrett gave this delightful answer: "Ricketts. He always seems late and if there is an optional extra he wont choose it."
Just a little food for thought. Maybe he's not loved in the locker room.

Sounds like pisstaking to me.
I dont think dude would be up front about his dislike if there was one. Especially being the new guy on the team

Nuvinho
01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
errrr.......Barrett and Rohan are friends......don't they live together. That was probably a joke or taken out of context.

J .
01-21-2009, 10:31 PM
I want him to come back and be an every game guy. With DeRo and Guevara, Ricketts wont get as much attention as last season, but he has to make the plays when he does have the ball, too many times he didnt get it done when he could have.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-21-2009, 10:38 PM

There's been no word on him re-signing yet. But he plays with both feet, so the various discussions of whether DeRo might play wide left are a bit moot, 'cos he could play on the right.

I figure Ricketts is even more important now, as he plays the same kind of style as the rest of our attacking mids, getting the ball down and using dribbling technique. Johann isn't ready to take his place and DeRo is better inside.

He play's on the LEFT...
He PLay's on the RIGHHHHHHHHT!
The boy ROHAAAAN....makes COLUMBUS look SHITE!

Marco2K
01-21-2009, 11:04 PM
He seems to be a nice guy but it is looking like there is no room for his 200 000 plus salary.

He is to incostistant to be a big time player in the league. Let the Red bulls have him.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2009, 11:14 PM
He will be more consistent this year, im feeling pretty certain of this, wait and see.
And who or what would you take from the Redbulls for Ricketts?
They have nothing of value that we need

James17930
01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
U sure? I havent seen anything at all... and believe me, i scour!

Yeah -- at the moment this rumour is only coming from one person on this board, who claims to have an inside source . . . and I think it's someone who should've known better before spreading it around (whether it's valid or not). :D

Roogsy
01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
He seems to be a nice guy but it is looking like there is no room for his 200 000 plus salary.

He is to incostistant to be a big time player in the league. Let the Red bulls have him.

Funny...I find him to be more consistent than most of the team.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-21-2009, 11:25 PM
as mentioned a billion times over (and i dont know why i feel compelled to say all of this)
Ricketts lack of consistency was based on three things:
1- not being match fit when he arrived
2- not knowing the team
3- being double teamed whenever he had the ball

This season he will be fit, know the team and its style of play and will have two other players in midfield (at least) to draw attention away from himself allowing him to pass and shoot alot more.

Hes a talented player and we are lucky to have him, he will make a greater impact this year.

scooter
01-22-2009, 12:10 AM
as mentioned a billion times over (and i dont know why i feel compelled to say all of this)
Ricketts lack of consistency was based on three things:
1- not being match fit when he arrived
2- not knowing the team
3- being double teamed whenever he had the ball

This season he will be fit, know the team and its style of play and will have two other players in midfield (at least) to draw attention away from himself allowing him to pass and shoot alot more.

Hes a talented player and we are lucky to have him, he will make a greater impact this year.

i agree
he did play hot and cold
but he scored a few really nice goals
what got me was he sometimes played lazy and didnt go hard in for some balls he could have won
but onward and upward hopefully he will be match fit and ready to play
he certainly should make a bigger contribution this year

andyc
01-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Also show me a player that has a great game every week... Who among us is a superstar in work every day? And we have a lot less pressure than someone playing football being heckled by thousands of armchair experts...

There is a lot of talk about players especially Ricketts being inconsistent. Can anyone name a premiership player that dominates week in/week out? They are all patchy and inconsistent. No every pass is perfect or every shot on goal.

The one thing I see from Ricketts is that he works his butt off every minute on the field. This is not normal for a winger... He cares a lot, he chases back, he wants the team to win...

Next time someone wants to say he isn't worth his salary, go look at some of the lazy fucks in the tier 1 leagues. They earn big multiples of Ricketts salary and fade in and out of games permanently.

We're not watching highlight reel soccer. This is real football - warts and all...

Roogsy
01-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Thank you! Finally...

BFin
01-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Also show me a player that has a great game every week... Who among us is a superstar in work every day?
My boss says that I am.:cool:

Yohan
01-22-2009, 12:36 AM
and just how often do you polish your boss's knob? :p

Ricketts is good. You can see that other team takes into account Rickett's play, hence why he didnt shine as much when he first got into the team.
I can only see Ricketts do better. Boy is too talented and he actually gives a damn.

andyc
01-22-2009, 12:39 AM

You work for your mom??? :D:D:D:D

Ossington Mental Youth
01-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Well said Andy C (re: Consistency)

Big Bruva
01-22-2009, 12:53 AM
1. He loves the city/club
2. He wants to be here for a long time
3. He and Johann are the only proper wingers, ive heard some say get rid of Ricketts and put Cronin (DM) in his spot lol ya ok
4. New York have showed interest in the past but apart from some stuff here and there and JACK apparently having some kinda source i don't know about any recent interest.
5. He must really love the city coz he ain't been back to England since he has been here lol
6. I read someone say he got doubled teamed a lot last season and that he did and often got out of it or like Dwight Howard made a good pass to a teammate. Now DeRo will grab all the attention so hopefully that will help RR's game.
7. It showed at times that he was unfit especially at the start when he first came and if anyone plays footy, the wing is the most tiring position but when he got fitter i felt like he was doing more grinding/hustling than quite a few of the players and that ideally he should of been doing. Cough there is a reason why JC played RR on the left especially when Laurent was here, coz of his hustle back and forth and the right side had Marvel who compensated for Laurent's lack of hustle cough

I would love to see some games where JC plays both Cronin and Robbo and they both just sit and allow Amado, RR, and Dero to concentrate on attacking and linking up with Chad. Amado is the type of player that you know should be just worrying about creating and should have a ball winner (Robbo) behind him to give him the ball back when its lost.

Oh and yeah Chad and RR are friends and lived together last season, and RR is one of the characters in the locker room so no nothing to think about.

Never know what can happen but we will see.

dupont
01-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Rohan is an exciting player and the way he is acting by staying here during the off-season and doing all the charity work makes it seem like he's staying. I hope it's as simple as that anyways!

James Oliphant
01-22-2009, 01:48 AM
When did this even go up for debate?

Ricketts is a Red in 2009, no question.

Fucking offseason....

onemanbarmyarmy
01-22-2009, 07:13 AM

Fucking offseason....

Because if El Presidente says something the unwashed masses that "elected" him will believe anything he says. That's why so many people want to play the political game in this supporters group. It's all about the power and the women (and the kick-backs).

rocker
01-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Because if El Presidente says something the unwashed masses that "elected" him will believe anything he says. That's why so many people want to play the political game in this supporters group. It's all about the power and the women (and the kick-backs).

uh no.
stop smoking the crack.

rocker
01-22-2009, 08:04 AM

Fucking offseason....

so explain Big Bruva's comment "Never know what can happen but we will see."

every timesomebody says "Ricketts loves it here!!!" there's always this qualification at the end of the message like "but ya never know.." or "there's no guarantees" which suggests to me this ain't a slam dunk.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-22-2009, 09:14 AM
for next season, he may have a shit season and TFC may not want to renew or he may have a great season and go back home. Either way we have him for this upcoming season, if im not mistaken.

James17930
01-22-2009, 11:06 AM
3. He and Johann are the only proper wingers, ive heard some say get rid of Ricketts and put Cronin (DM) in his spot lol ya ok
4. New York have showed interest in the past but apart from some stuff here and there and JACK apparently having some kinda source i don't know about any recent interest.
5. He must really love the city coz he ain't been back to England since he has been here lol
6. I read someone say he got doubled teamed a lot last season and that he did and often got out of it or like Dwight Howard made a good pass to a teammate. Now DeRo will grab all the attention so hopefully that will help RR's game.
7. It showed at times that he was unfit especially at the start when he first came and if anyone plays footy, the wing is the most tiring position but when he got fitter i felt like he was doing more grinding/hustling than quite a few of the players and that ideally he should of been doing. Cough there is a reason why JC played RR on the left especially when Laurent was here, coz of his hustle back and forth and the right side had Marvel who compensated for Laurent's lack of hustle cough

I would love to see some games where JC plays both Cronin and Robbo and they both just sit and allow Amado, RR, and Dero to concentrate on attacking and linking up with Chad. Amado is the type of player that you know should be just worrying about creating and should have a ball winner (Robbo) behind him to give him the ball back when its lost.

Oh and yeah Chad and RR are friends and lived together last season, and RR is one of the characters in the locker room so no nothing to think about.

Awesome. Thanks.

Hitcho
01-22-2009, 11:41 AM

Well that was a pretty reassuring post until the final sentence BB - what happened?! That's not some kind of get out clause is it? What are you not telling us?!

I'm with you on the 4-2-3-1 formation at times next season though. I'd really like to see us play that against teams who play 3 at the back, like NER. DD up front to completely occupy at least one of the CBs with his strength and hustle, and then our attacking triumverate running in on them as well, with RR and De Ro switching sides freely to boot. Nice.

bhoybobby
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Funny...I find him to be more consistent than most of the team.

Therein lies the problem with our team. RR, was very inconsistent last year, underperformed IMHO

Nice job by Mo today getting us a truly classy player & a Canuck to boot.

bhoybobby
01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Rohan is an exciting player and the way he is acting by staying here during the off-season and doing all the charity work makes it seem like he's staying. I hope it's as simple as that anyways!

Nice that he lives here, kudo's for his charity work. I'm more interested in what he does on the field, he was pretty underwhelming last year. Overpaid/underperformer, need big time improvemnt in his consistency.

jloome
01-22-2009, 09:18 PM
He had four goals and four assists, which hardly qualifies as underperforming in this league.

On top of that, as with Robert, he provided very good service to an offensive third in which the strikers were usually somewhere other than threatening the goal. Both wingers were vastly underrated because they didn't "produce" -- except that the people doing the underrating (some of whom have obvious xenophobic issues with players from England) aren't considering that wingers need someone to actually finish.

When he was single teamed -- particularly early on, when they played him on the right with Wynne on the overlap -- he won position on the dribble constantly. THat's why he spent half the season double-teamed, which usually isn't a tactic your opponent employs if you're an inconsistent player.

Even in those games he contributed by backtracking defensively and was frequently the only midfielder outside Robbo who actually did so.

Beach_Red
01-22-2009, 09:22 PM
^ In the other thread we're talking about how the speculation probably has more to do with salary cap limitations.

I'd really like to see what RR could do over a full season with some guys to play with.

brad
01-22-2009, 09:24 PM
^ Well said.

I'll also add the entire team wasn't performing as a unit last year which does not help the situation.

IMHO it is imperative to keep this squad together. We've added DeRo and drafted well. We need to add a striker and CB, let the team go through a proper preseason as a unit. Only then will we really be able to judge accurately.

ensco
01-22-2009, 09:32 PM
He had four goals and four assists, which hardly qualifies as underperforming in this league.

On top of that, as with Robert, he provided very good service to an offensive third in which the strikers were usually somewhere other than threatening the goal. Both wingers were vastly underrated because they didn't "produce" -- except that the people doing the underrating (some of whom have obvious xenophobic issues with players from England) aren't considering that wingers need someone to actually finish.

When he was single teamed -- particularly early on, when they played him on the right with Wynne on the overlap -- he won position on the dribble constantly. THat's why he spent half the season double-teamed, which usually isn't a tactic your opponent employs if you're an inconsistent player.

Even in those games he contributed by backtracking defensively and was frequently the only midfielder outside Robbo who actually did so.

Well...maybe. I guess we'll find out now if the problem last season was the supporting cast.

My prediction is that Rohan has until May or June to show he can be outstanding with this group, or he'll be gone. I'd be delighted to see him be a star here.

jloome
01-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Well...maybe. I guess we'll find out now if the problem last season was the supporting cast.

My prediction is that Rohan has until May or June to show he can be outstanding with this group, or he'll be gone. I'd be delighted to see him be a star here.

I think the most supportive issue on this front, Ensco, is that Guevara's stats were almost identical to Ricketts's. Neither is going to light up the assist chart when we have five-goal strikers. If Barrett continues his year-to-year trends, he's in for about 10 goals and eight assists this year, and if we sign VItti or another striker and they're finishers, it'll be easier to judge the offensive value of both midfielders.

Shaughno
01-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Cough there is a reason why JC played RR on the left especially when Laurent was here, coz of his hustle back and forth and the right side had Marvel who compensated for Laurent's lack of hustle cough

I noticed that, nearly every game he would switch the wings early in the second half. :lol: Lazy frenchie. You can definitely understand him being not 100% fit and yet having to bust his balls moreso in the last 1/3 of the game and it affecting his stamina.

I definitely am looking forward to seeing Cronin play along side Robbo as I don't think we've had a 'proper' DM to play alongside Robbo (Edu is more of a CM and Harmse is utility). Same with our attack, with DeRo he should have a little bit of extra time and space. Ricketts will benefit as well. Amado last year ended up playing more of a CM than an AM. He was doing grunt work at times and making tackles deep in his own half, not necessarily what he should be doing IMO, but what had to be done by someone anyway.

Roogsy
01-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Jay...you need to stop with these posts I agree with. Go back to being unreasonable. :D

Shaughno
01-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I never changed ;)

James17930
01-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm really getting sick of people turning on our players so easily. Cunningham was probably deserved, but christ, how can anyone be so down on RR? He's one of the most purely skilled players we have. Is he not allowed to get a year under his belt in a brand new league before everyone starts calling for his head?

Seriously, people, relax. If there are salary cap issues, I'm sure we've still got some allocation money left -- maybe we can fix the problem with that.

Shaughno
01-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm really getting sick of people turning on our players so easily. Cunningham was probably deserved, but christ, how can anyone be so down on RR? He's one of the most purely skilled players we have. Is he not allowed to get a year under his belt in a brand new league before everyone starts calling for his head?

Seriously, people, relax. If there are salary cap issues, I'm sure we've still got some allocation money left -- maybe we can fix the problem with that.

I was saying that for ages but nobody listened. Even Velez isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Marshall is decent but is on a downslope. Barrett is getting better, Rohan should be in tune with the team and with a proper preseason with all our players (hopefully), everything should be an improvement going into the season IMO.

Roogsy
01-22-2009, 10:34 PM
I agree on Cunny...and let's remember...he did get a chance. We waited a loooooong time for him to come around.

RR has already produced and showed much improvement as the season dragged on. But even at the beginning...he was already a remarkable improvement at the position.

And I am willing to give Velez another shot.

I am hoping a solid preseason without any substantial player movements will enable the team to gel and start the season right. As always...a good start is necessary if we are to make a playoff run.

But a playoff spot this season is a must. Everyone from the top down to the bottom needs to understand that.

James17930
01-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I was saying that for ages but nobody listened. Even Velez isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Marshall is decent but is on a downslope. Barrett is getting better, Rohan should be in tune with the team and with a proper preseason with all our players (hopefully), everything should be an improvement going into the season IMO.

Yep, all true.

I just really hope players don't read the boards, see the negative comments from four or five people and let it get to them (I know they're professionals and it shouldn't matter yadda yadda . . . but you never know).

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Agreed 110%. Cunningham was a bum, RR has heart, gives the effort and clearly wants to be here. Anyone who questions RR's commitment needs their head examined, to be honest.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-22-2009, 11:10 PM
So hang on... 95% of the threads in the public forum here are nothing but wild rumour spreading, but if Jack drops ONE, he's a moron? Unless there was some implied sarcasm here that I didn't pick up on...

For the record, I've found personally that the kind of supporters who play those kind of games (wanting to make this a social club instead of a supporters group) are the type who show up for a week, flame their asses off, shooting down ideas while contributing nothing themselves, and then vanish into thin air.

Roogsy
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
x2...

Jack
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM

So you're saying that what I heard isn't true?

Don't be jealous, dude, I'll share some of the women and the kickbacks with you ;)

Steve
01-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Are you guys really wondering how Ricketts could love it here, but might be moving? Seriously?

Come on, at this point it's probably not really up to him. His salary cap hit is high. I would bet you money that Mo has gone to Ricketts and offered him a much lower number to stay on. Ricketts probably wasn't a huge fan of that number, so might have talked about a possible trade (to a city that would pay him more). So far nothing has happened, that means either Mo and Ricketts are still negotiating, or Mo played hardball, and no other MLS team wants to pay Ricketts as much as he's asking. Personally, I think Ricketts is trying to bank on his popularity with the fans to secure a bigger paycheck, a strategy that I'm sure was undercut when DeRo was signed. We'll see what happens, but stop pretending like the ball is in Ricketts' court on whether he stays or not.

icecoldbeer
01-27-2009, 09:03 AM
BB has spoken.

/Thread

Shaughno
01-27-2009, 09:07 AM
but stop pretending like the ball is in Ricketts' court on whether he stays or not.

That's what gets me. People seem to think the player is going to choose a city. They can request a city sure, but Mulrooney didn't want to come here... somehow he ended up here though, amazing huh?

It's North America where you rarely get to 'pick' your team unless you are held high enough by the league to warrant it.

felipe
01-27-2009, 09:21 AM
RR is worth every penny he gets; and not just from a soccer perspective.

It takes a special kind of athlete that is willing to get stuck into a community like Rohan has.

When you are blessed with a gifted athlete that is willing, (and able) to make themselves a part of the communtiy and raise the clubs profile for all the right reasons - (unlike say a Stevie Gerard or Joey Barton) - and work their ass off on the field - as a professional club you shouldn't allow them to ever leave - even in retirement. See Dichio, Danny and Brennan, Jim as examples.

I would much rather lose a slightly more gifted player that just shows up and collects a cheque and does nothing off the field for his team.

If TFC allows Ricketts to leave, IMO it's a terrible decision.

Why are we even having this discussion?

jabbronies
01-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Sorry, I still have my doubts about Ricketts.

I think he's got loads of talent, I'm just questioning wether or not we'll see his full potential come out. He was very inconsistant last year (as were a few others), and inconsistancy can be a tough habit to break.

If TFC does play a more favourable 4-2-3-1 system, hopfully he can excel and show us what he can do.

As for him re-signing or being traded, it's all just rumour talk IMO. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he does pack up and leave. Actually, I'm just waiting for the day that it does happen. It will happen. wether he goes to NY or back to england, i can really say, but I'd be surprised if he stays for more than two years.

AL-MO
01-27-2009, 12:35 PM
BB has spoken.

/Thread

But do you really think he would say something otherwise?

You can't admit RR is going to NYRB, and expect to get the same amount of registrants for your FIFA 09 Xbox tournament. :p

(I think RR will be around, but it makes me curious when I hear what Jack has to say)

Jack
01-27-2009, 12:41 PM

You can't admit RR is going to NYRB, and expect to get the same amount of registrants for your FIFA 09 Xbox tournament. :p

(I think RR will be around, but it makes me curious when I hear what Jack has to say)
It's all rumours and hearsay.

I guess time will tell.

Steve
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
BB has spoken.

/Thread

Did you read what BB said? He said RR liked it here. That doesn't mean RR won't leave! Esky liked it here too. After saying RR loves Toronto, BB said "but who knows" which means "the club might not decide to keep him". Again, why does this board assume every decision is always in the players' hands? Even if he did ask for a trade, that might have been due to the way contract talks were going more than his not being happy in Toronto.

Jack
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Did you read what BB said? He said RR liked it here. That doesn't mean RR won't leave! Esky liked it here too. After saying RR loves Toronto, BB said "but who knows" which means "the club might not decide to keep him". Again, why does this board assume every decision is always in the players' hands? Even if he did ask for a trade, that might have been due to the way contract talks were going more than his not being happy in Toronto.
Slow down there...that's putting a lot of people on the same side of a coin. There are myriad opinions and points of view on this board all the time.

I just put forth a rumour that I'd heard. We'll probably never know if it's true, though I'm inclined to believe the person who told me.

But as you say (and as I said to this person), Mo could very likely have said gtfo to the request.

Steve
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Slow down there...that's putting a lot of people on the same side of a coin. There are myriad opinions and points of view on this board all the time.

I just put forth a rumour that I'd heard. We'll probably never know if it's true, though I'm inclined to believe the person who told me.

But as you say (and as I said to this person), Mo could very likely have said gtfo to the request.

True enough.

Big Bruva
01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Doesn't really make sense when the tourny is packed. :(

Roogsy
01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Players moving is a part of sports. RR will eventually move on...of that I have no doubt. Whether it be for Europe or another MLS team.

I am not sure why everyone is either so eager or so sure that it will happen sooner rather than later. Mo is too busy trying to fill the striker and CB roles...does he really need another job in trying to fill RR's spot when lacked so poorly in the first year?

Just appreciate he was here last year and hopefully this year and then take it year by year. Unless you want the team to regress...I personally would hope we would all support RR since he IS on TFC and IS a talent we need. Whenever he moves on...I will wish him well but I know he can never forget Tdot.

Beach_Red
01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
^ Makes too much sense.