PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC Website needs upgrading/updating

Luanda
01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I do not know how many of you logon to the Toronto FC website. I, occasionaly, do. And when I do, I am nearly always disappointed. Why, you may ask. Because this bloody website is rarely, if ever, updating/upgraded.

Take the "Roster" section, as an example. Today, you still find on the TFC "roster" players like: Elkinson, Gaudet, and Melo, who were let go sometime ago; Freeman who had long departed for Europe; and, sacrilege of sacrileges, Ruiz!!!!!!

Time for Toronto FC to start providing fans with updated information, whether it be on the "Roster" or anything else. NO?

AL-MO
01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I hardly ever go to the TFC website for any sort of information.

Our website along with the other SG's seem to have much more info that the club site.

ginkster88
01-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Our website along with the other SG's seem to have much more info that the club site.

...right, but you'd at least expect the TFC Homepage to be current regarding club developments and definitely team roster. It's a fair point to be raised I think.

Damien
01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
if u use torontofc.ca as a prime news source then EL OH EL.

TFC Cityboy
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
offishul sites are inevitably crap

rocker
01-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Today, you still find on the TFC "roster" players like: Elkinson, Gaudet, and Melo, who were let go sometime ago; Freeman who had long departed for Europe; and, sacrilege of sacrileges, Ruiz!!!!!!

Time for Toronto FC to start providing fans with updated information, whether it be on the "Roster" or anything else. NO?

but it does have the drafted players up, so the roster is being edited regularly.

MLS does the updating, and is actually usually pretty good about it.

My sense is that guys like Melo and the like are not off MLS's roster books officially, and are still considered on the roster of TFC in a technical sense -- even though they've probably been notified they won't be kept on.

There's a date coming up in a month or two when the formal roster is set and at that point MLS will settle up the rosters online.

Whoop
01-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Official sites never have any good information or breaking information.

Most breaking news, for any sports, is usually found on "unofficial" websites.

Ageroo
01-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Official sites never have any good information or breaking information.

Are you officially telling us this...or unofficially? :D

billyfly
01-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I can't find a picture of me anywhere on that site. Ridiculous.

rocker
01-22-2009, 08:08 AM

well, most of the stuff on the unofficial websites is total bullshit too... like the Johann Smith "gone to croatia" so-called news. It wasn't on the TFC site cuz it wasn't true. we also can't expect the official site to report things that are still in process. Like if Vitti was in Toronto to look around and discuss a contract, I wouldn't expect the TFC official site to say that. After the pen hits paper, it'll be on the site.