PDA

View Full Version : When will MLS Schedule be released ?

Luanda
01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Does any one know where this (the 2009 full MLS schedule) can be found?

DOMIN8R
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
FFS you fooled me with the title of the thread Dude. Add a question mark or something.

It's not out yet.

Rudi
01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
About three weeks in the future.

Luanda
01-20-2009, 01:49 PM
About three weeks in the future.

But is not odd that a professional (?) league would announce its full schedule at about or just after teams start training camp?

Shaughno
01-20-2009, 01:53 PM
But is not odd that a professional (?) league would announce its full schedule at about or just after teams start training camp?

It's how the MLS has always done it. What isn't odd about this league?

Shaughno
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
From what I remember, it's usually the second week of Feb.

JonO
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Not really surprising considering the scheduling difficulties in this league. Until all the teams are the primary tenants in their own stadium, I can't see this going away...

giambac
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM

word is out that they will release the official schedule the day before the season begins. You wull then be mailed out your season tickets and should get them by the 2nd or 3rd week of the season.:noidea:

Such is life in the MLS

Beach_Red
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
It's how the MLS has always done it. What isn't odd about this league?

If every team had its own stadium and the TV schedule could be set, I'm sure they'd get it out sooner. It's what happens when you're the "little brother," league.

Won't always be that way.

Hitcho
01-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Not really surprising considering the scheduling difficulties in this league. Until all the teams are the primary tenants in their own stadium, I can't see this going away...

Unfortunately I think this may have some sound logic behind it.

Is a SSS a must have for any new teams joining the league? If so, the league should also force existing franchises to get their own digs within a fixed time frame. if i have to watch one mroe away game on tv played out over a grid iron pitch, I think I'll throw up. :noidea:

ensco
01-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I would rather they take their time, and do their utmost to get games away from international dates, to the extent possible.

Hitcho
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I would rather they take their time, and do their utmost to get games away from international dates, to the extent possible.

Agreed, but the international calendar is out way, way in advance of the MLS fixture list, so that should be easy to get round and not delay things too much.

However, trying to work out if a home game for someone will clash with a potential NFL game, MLB game or madonna concert is a headache I imagine, since neither the league nor the franchises in question will have any say over dates for a venue they don't own or control.

rocker
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
unless you need it to schedule summer holidays around games, it doesn't matter when it comes out.

jaahuuu
01-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Is a SSS a must have for any new teams joining the league? If so, the league should also force existing franchises to get their own digs within a fixed time frame. if i have to watch one mroe away game on tv played out over a grid iron pitch, I think I'll throw up. :noidea:
If FCB gets a team in Miami they will play at a college football stadium, so you get gridiron lines, field turf, and a main tennant that ties up any number of saturdays from August to December.

unless you need it to schedule summer holidays around games, it doesn't matter when it comes out.
It's still nice to know, for some of us a game ties us up for a whole day.

EastYork
01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
I would like to know the schedule so I can start booking days off from work so I can go to away games.

sulfur
01-20-2009, 04:49 PM
word is out that they will release the official schedule the day before the season begins. You wull then be mailed out your season tickets and should get them by the 2nd or 3rd week of the season.:noidea:

Uh huh. Keep talking out that ass G.

MUFC_Niagara
01-20-2009, 05:09 PM

Yes, be we are talking about a league that is professional in name only sooooo......

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-20-2009, 10:52 PM
the schedule ususal follows about 10-14 days after the draft...

Mark in Ottawa
01-21-2009, 06:47 AM
http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/schedule/2009/first_kick.jsp
Currently shows the schedule for the first three weeks.

http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/schedule/important_dates/
Makes no reference to the schedule release date.

Gobi
01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
From what I remember, it's usually the second week of Feb.

That's what I remember too. Usually announced mid-week. (?)
My bet is Feb. 12 this year. :)

ensco
01-21-2009, 11:02 AM
It came out on February 7 last year
http://www.soccer365.com/mls/story_7208220434.php

Nuvinho
01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
from goff:

*The league is close to finalizing the regular season schedule and hopes to unveil it by the end of next week. Teams have received preliminary schedules and are making alterations. The process of determining the site of MLS Cup is also in the late stages. The Insider reported last week that Seattle is among the finalists.

flatpicker
01-21-2009, 02:41 PM
The Insider reported last week that Seattle is among the finalists.

Sheesh!

Seattle is a long way to go when Toronto makes the Cup final!
Ah well, it will be worth the trip.

That said, if it is Seattle, it's actually not a bad choice.
There would be a lot more room to have a larger capacity in that stadium.

james
01-21-2009, 11:44 PM
i think the fact that MLS is trying to fit the 2009 schedule so that it wont interfere with International dates is one reason for not releassing the schedule till a later date.

Another reason would be the fact that some teams only rent out there current stadiums, so they must work the schedule around other sport teams schedules.

james
01-21-2009, 11:48 PM

ya me to, at least teams are slowly starting to get rid of those NFL gridline fields tho. Only Houston, New England and New York are exspected to play on those fields this year. And New York is getting a bran new SSS stadium in the fall.

Seattle claim they wont have gridlines on there field....we will have to see i guess once the NFL season starts in August!

Phil
01-22-2009, 10:44 AM
The league is close to finalizing the regular season schedule and hopes to unveil it by the end of next week. Teams have received preliminary schedules and are making alterations. The process of determining the site of MLS Cup is also in the late stages. The Insider reported last week that Seattle is among the finalists.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Thanks to oldtimer for finding this.