PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Hall...

supernothingman
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Small article on our Kyle Hall.

http://media.www.dailyorange.com/media/storage/paper522/news/2009/01/20/Sports/Msoc-Hall.Picked.By.Toronto.Fc.In.3rd.Round.Of.Mls.Draf t-3589654.shtml

Pachuco
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Really good article. My support is with anyone who comes out and says they will work their butt off to make the team.

BFin
01-20-2009, 01:08 PM
"I got to go back to work and start training and getting myself in shape because I have to make this team," Hall said

Use of the word HAVE to make this team, shows me determination. I like the attitude, lets hope the skills translate!

ensco
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Rooting for him already.

Shway
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
He is good, ive seen him play numerous of times, he is probally going to be one of the fastest players on TFC. Hes a great player

remember TFC-Arsenal said that!

Pachuco
01-20-2009, 02:14 PM
He is good, ive seen him play numerous of times, he is probally going to be one of the fastest players on TFC. Hes a great player

remember TFC-Arsenal said that!

one of the fastest? man, we already have Wynne, Johann Smith who are probably the fastest in the MLS :) we are also hearing Vitti has lots of pace. This could be one fast team.

Broadview
01-20-2009, 02:25 PM
He seemed pretty tenacious during Olympic qualifying, I hope he shows the same with TFC. And I wish our rosters could be bigger because you know a lot of these guys we're rooting for are going to be cast aside. Oh well, life in the pros I suppose.

I wonder if he's signed an MLS contract? If he's getting a look from Vancouver, this could be one of the guys who could pull in more dough in the USL than he could in our weird little league.

VPjr
01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I remember Kyle Hall when he played for Canada at the Pre-Olympic qualifying tournament last year. I've never seen him play for Syracuse.

He is an above average / excellent athlete....very good footspeed...I'm not sure he is as quick as Wynne or Johann Smith but I guess the only way to know is have them race each other...regardless, he is fast.

I'm told by people who have played with him that he's got an excellent work rate and has a good attitude.

The biggest negative thing I noticed about Hall was his mediocre first touch and 1v1 skills. He also appeared a bit out of his depth from a tactical standpoint, especially compared to the guys who were already playing pro. Without the ball, he looked lost at times.

However, Dasovic was his coach in that tournament so he must have impressed Nick on some level to convince Mo to give him a shot. I'm glad he's with TFC and I hope he makes an impression. He'll need to improve a lot to get a chance at playing for TFC anytime soon but he seems to have the right attitude.

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
He seemed pretty tenacious during Olympic qualifying, I hope he shows the same with TFC. And I wish our rosters could be bigger because you know a lot of these guys we're rooting for are going to be cast aside. Oh well, life in the pros I suppose.

I wonder if he's signed an MLS contract? If he's getting a look from Vancouver, this could be one of the guys who could pull in more dough in the USL than he could in our weird little league.

The TFC roster page has him listed as an unsigned draft pick.

I wish this guy the best of luck and he seems to have the right attitude, but I just feel he’s a real longshot to even land a dev. spot with the team.

Carter
01-20-2009, 03:57 PM
The TFC roster page has him listed as an unsigned draft pick.

I wish this guy the best of luck and he seems to have the right attitude, but I just feel he’s a real longshot to even land a dev. spot with the team.

Ahh yes, the wonderful Roster Page, which states we have 26 Senior players.

Mark in Ottawa
01-21-2009, 06:55 AM
one of the fastest? man, we already have Wynne, Johann Smith who are probably the fastest in the MLS :) we are also hearing Vitti has lots of pace. This could be one fast team.
Danny D.... laying the ball off to the flying teammates and then coming along trailing the play for that great goal! ;)

Is it springtime yet :(

BuSaPuNk
01-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Good to hear this guy has a lot of spirt and heart just what we need. Hopefully he can make the team even as a bench player. Wish the best for him.

rocker
01-21-2009, 09:16 AM
it's gonna be really tough for this guy to make the roster.
24 spots available... only 4 dev spots. Frei and Ibby already take up a dev spot each, so really there are only 2 dev spots left. I think there's about zero chance he'd be one of the 20 on the senior roster.. so guys like Gala, or Nana, or Rosenlund will have to be promoted to the senior roster to even open up a dev spot, if he's willing to accept it.

T_Mizz
01-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Ahh yes, the wonderful Roster Page, which states we have 26 Senior players.
True but only 23 players that might be on the team come opening day, with Ruiz, Melo, Gaudet, Freeman, Elkinson, and Grella all gone

Yohan
01-21-2009, 03:48 PM
i'd expect couple of trials mixed in, if last pre season is any indication