denime
01-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Mornin'

No TFC or MLS news for now.

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) :D

The Kingpin
01-20-2009, 07:04 AM
Ahhh, nothing like a high end stripper!

Morning sir! Hopefully we'll have some news of a CB soon!

BuSaPuNk
01-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Morning D! Seriously Kingpin that is one high end stripper....lol....i swear i've seen her at the airport strip!! lol. yeah CB news would be great.

The Kingpin
01-20-2009, 07:30 AM
I might drop that 20 quid for her.... To "Rappers Paradise" maybe... :)

denime
01-20-2009, 08:10 AM
It is not directly MLS connected but it funny.

Friendly pulled from proposed Miami stadium by Ridge Mahoney, Tuesday, Jan 20, 2009 7:01 AM ET [MLS EXPANSION] What had been billed as the first of perhaps many soccer games to be played at the new football stadium of Florida International University in Miami never occurred.

Instead, Honduras and Chile played at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale Sunday after Chile's coach, Marcelo Bielsa, refused to play on the FieldTurf surface at FIU.:rolleyes: Honduras had scheduled the match at FIU to prepare for its Hexagonal opener Feb. 11 on the artificial surface at Saprissa Stadium in San Jose, Costa Rica, and trained on the field for more than a week.
Carlos Pavon and Toronto FC midfielder Amado Guevara scored in the second half for a 2-0 Honduras win watched by a large crowd at Lockhart, the former home of the NASL Fort Lauderdale Strikers that also hosted the MLS Miami Fusion from 1998 until the team's demise in early 2002.
The official attendance was 12,282. The Miami Herald described (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/soccer/story/860388.html) the 18,000-seat stadium as "near-capacity." The FIU stadium is nearly the same size.

Whether this development hinders the bid of Bolivian businessman Marcelo Claure and Barcelona president Joan Laporta to land an MLS expansion franchise in Miami isn't clear, yet league officials have already expressed concerns about the FIU facility as well as the Miami market.

Read more (http://www.socceramerica.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=30642)

rocker
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
good to hear Miami's problems.. :)

also interesting how the biased Miami Herald called that game a near capacity attendance when it wasn't even close.

p.s. sunshine girl has a facebook page if you want more ;)

Stouffville_RPB
01-20-2009, 08:18 AM
i guess the sunshine girl is directly linked to the temperature outside. last week was freezing this week is a little warmer.

Oldtimer
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Final two MLS expansion to be announced in March

Courtemanche has since advised that both bid winners will be announced by mid-March, attributing the delay to unexpected travel setbacks. According to The Vancouver Sun, MLS Commissioner Don Garber has visited all bidding cities except Ottawa and plans to complete the trip by the end of January. Originally, Ottawa was one of three Canadian cities to submit a bid, but now the race is down to two.

http://www.eufootball.biz/Clubs/6625-mls_expansion_announced_march.html

flatpicker
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM
interesting story with Miami.
But let's face it, these field turf stories, although annoying, could prove beneficial down the road.
Enough bad press just might add enough pressure for teams to really make an effort to rid themselves of this green demon.
I don't think it's going away anytime soon... the league needs to do something about it!

DOMIN8R
01-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Not team news - more about the fans really but we get a honourable mentione here.

"Toronto fans have burst onto the scene the past two seasons with like-minded individuals who put on a spectacle and add to the in-stadium experience. Who is to say that their efforts haven’t provided a bit of “healthy shaming” to other franchises in the league?"

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/6219973.html

canadian_bhoy
01-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I might drop that 20 quid for her.... To "Rappers Paradise" maybe... :)

Shut up! You're from Canada! 20 Bucks, Dollars, Duckets, Bones!!!!

:D

Hitcho
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
^ But a ducket stems from a ducat, which was a common term for monetary value in England as far back as Shakespearean times Mike ("Dead, for a ducat" says Hamlet when he stabs Polonius thinking he has slain the King). So how is that Canadian?! ;)

deltox
01-20-2009, 10:05 AM
^ oh Snap!!!!

CretanBull
01-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Morning sir! Hopefully we'll have some news of a CB soon!

yeah CB news would be great.

I don't have a lot to report really. I'm on holidays so I slept in late, got up, fed my dog and sat down with a cup of tea to watch Obama's Inaugeration....oh, you meant news of a Center Back didn't you?

Sorry :o

BFin
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
I will not complain today.Great body more than makes up for the stupid look on her face.However, the next time the Sunshine Girl is somehow related to Barack Obama, I may puke.

The Kingpin
01-20-2009, 10:48 AM
^ But a ducket stems from a ducat, which was a common term for monetary value in England as far back as Shakespearean times Mike ("Dead, for a ducat" says Hamlet when he stabs Polonius thinking he has slain the King). So how is that Canadian?! ;)

Thanks for putting that ignorant Canadian in order!! :canada:

ben_vw
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
My attempted recap of the last few days in MLS...

http://www.tfcconnected.com/2009/01/training-notes-january-20-2009.html

Parkdale
01-20-2009, 11:00 AM
great work on the recap Ben.

canadian_bhoy
01-20-2009, 11:52 AM

The word Dollar comes from a German term "tolar" (sp?)

So does that mean that dollar isn't Canadian either?

At least people use the word Ducat here.

Oldtimer
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
The word Dollar comes from a German term "tolar" (sp?)

So does that mean that dollar isn't Canadian either?

At least people use the word Ducat here.

Dollar comes from "Thaler," a Bavarian coin in the middle ages. The mine of St Joachimsthal produced a lot of silver, the coins minted from them were called Joachimsthaler (i.e. "from Joachimsthal"), later shortened to "Thaler."

rocker
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
holy shit what just happened to this thread???

DOMIN8R
01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
also high·jack tr.v., -jacked also -jacked, -jack·ing -jack·ing, -jacks -jacks.
1. To stop and rob (a vehicle in transit).
2. To steal (goods) from a vehicle in transit.
3. To seize control of (a moving vehicle) by use of force, especially in order to reach an alternate destination.
1. To steal from as if by hijacking.
2. To swindle or subject to extortion.
n. The act or an instance of hijacking.

BFin
01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
NERD ALERT!

Oldtimer
01-20-2009, 01:05 PM
holy shit what just happened to this thread???

Someone paid two quid to hijack it. :lol:

BFin
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Someone paid two quid to hijack it. :lol:
And then barterred their hijacked thread for 5 ducats instead.

DOMIN8R
01-20-2009, 01:14 PM
You mean 5 Joachimsthals don't you? Get the currency right, damn it!

canadian_bhoy
01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
And then barterred their hijacked thread for 5 ducats instead.

Don't blame me! I was just trying to mock and laugh at Kingpin! (A time honoured tradition!)

Yohan
01-20-2009, 01:16 PM
boobs look fake. fail

The Kingpin
01-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Don't blame me! I was just trying to mock and laugh at Kingpin! (A time honoured tradition!)

And all I was trying to do is innocently go a round or two with a stripper... regardless of the denomination...

canadian_bhoy
01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
And all I was trying to do is innocently go a round or two with a stripper... regardless of the denomination...

No one can fault you for that!

I'd spend 5 Bershares on that!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5j4-HcQaC9EuWWbYdBDdKz60V51dQ?size=m

Yohan
01-20-2009, 01:22 PM
should have gotten some blow instead

The Kingpin
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
should have gotten some blow instead

Have you met me, the last thing you would want is me on blow. But... point taken... :D

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
http://www.eufootball.biz/Clubs/6625-mls_expansion_announced_march.html

Garber is Visting Ottawa this week.....:canada: yes to Ottawa...No to Vancouver.

JonO
01-20-2009, 01:31 PM
of the stripper or the currency?

canadian_bhoy
01-20-2009, 01:33 PM

LOL :D

The Kingpin
01-20-2009, 02:47 PM

The only denomination I'm looking for is hotness!!:thumbsup:

Roogsy
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Shut up! You're from Canada! 20 Bucks, Dollars, Duckets, Bones!!!!

:D

LMAO!

Cheers mate.

BFin
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM
boobs look fake. fail
I question whether this is a fail haha.

deltox
01-20-2009, 04:00 PM
garber has already gone to vancouver twice before.

ottawa is the last city he has to visit

DigzTFC!
01-20-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.fansfc.com/story/5131.html

Looks like Mike Grella is doing well for himself at Leeds

jloome
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
:yum:

Hamlet was Danish. Ducats were gold coins that were standard trading value around Europe for about 500 years. They went out right before the gold standard was dropped and were never particularly used in England, except by foreign merchant traders.

In fact, England was one of the few great empire nations that didn't have a ducat "mint" to create their own version of the coins, although the nature of the sea trade in the colonial age meant lots of them probably made their way into England, and there was a Ducat mint for some time in Scotland.

Over here, ducats has been used more colloquially to mean tickets, although the saying died out somewhat around the 1960s.

Pachuco
01-20-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.fansfc.com/story/5131.html

Looks like Mike Grella is doing well for himself at Leeds

Holy crap three goals. That can't bode well for us.

Roogsy
01-20-2009, 10:37 PM
:yum:

Hamlet was Danish. Ducats were gold coins that were standard trading value around Europe for about 500 years. They went out right before the gold standard was dropped and were never particularly used in England, except by foreign merchant traders.

In fact, England was one of the few great empire nations that didn't have a ducat "mint" to create their own version of the coins, although the nature of the sea trade in the colonial age meant lots of them probably made their way into England, and there was a Ducat mint for some time in Scotland.

Over here, ducats has been used more colloquially to mean tickets, although the saying died out somewhat around the 1960s.

I love history!

Interesting stuff.

On the 60s thing...I still hear people calling it ducats, even on sportscasts and the such. I don't think it's completely died off yet.