PDA

View Full Version : Jazic to Chivas - Should We Have Gotten Involved?

ensco
01-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I never saw any discussion about this, but Ante Jazic (plus the 35th and 49th overall picks) moved across town in return for a second round pick (19th overall) on Thursday.

http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090115&content_id=212472&vkey=news_cdc&fext=.jsp&team=t120

Anyone else surprised we didn't make a move for him? I am. Here we are moving Harmse to CB, and a guy who is also Canadian, and can actually play that position, is available for peanuts. Jazic makes $125K, only $50K more than Harmse. I know Jazic has been hurt a lot, but I think Chivas made a hell of a deal.

rocker
01-18-2009, 04:28 PM
LA fans don't seem sad to see him go. at least harmse is young. Jazic turns 33 this year.. Dunivant is younger and a bit cheaper.

ensco
01-18-2009, 04:31 PM
No argument re Dunivant. But Harmse is a marginal role player, with limited upside. I'd rather see Jazic in there any day of the week.

Pachuco
01-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Jazic sucks. That's my opinion. I'm glad he's with Chivas.

Beach_Red
01-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone else surprised we didn't make a move for him?

What would you have given up for him?

Shakes McQueen
01-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Jazic is terrible. I would rather have Harmse. Or maybe a bag of potato chips on wheels.

- Scott

ensco
01-18-2009, 04:44 PM
What would you have given up for him?

One of ur two third round picks looks like it would have done it. I'd have paid that.

Beach_Red
01-18-2009, 04:50 PM
One of ur two third round picks looks like it would have done it. I'd have paid that.

Yeah, I would have taken that shot too. Of course, I don't know what else is coming and how it affects the roster spots. I guess you could always get the guy and then just cut him to make room if you need to in a week or two, but that'll just piss off his agent. Who is his agent?

Shakes McQueen
01-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I would have taken that shot too. Of course, I don't know what else is coming and how it affects the roster spots. I guess you could always get the guy and then just cut him to make room if you need to in a week or two, but that'll just piss off his agent. Who is his agent?

I think he works in the food court at the mall.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
01-18-2009, 04:58 PM

We'd be picking up salary, for a player who is demonstrably awful. I assume that is why Mo didn't even give him a look.

Given our roster restrictions, salary cap, and so on, we can't really afford to just soak up proven losers in the hope that they have an epiphany and remember how to play football.

Can you tell I think Jazic sucks? :D

- Scott

RedsYNWA
01-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Jazic sadly does not have it I don't think he ever did

cementhead
01-18-2009, 05:44 PM
I read somewhere he was a bit costly!

Pachuco
01-18-2009, 05:51 PM
I read somewhere he was a bit costly!

If I had to pay $1 for Jazic that would be too costly.

torfchamilton
01-18-2009, 07:25 PM
We have Dunivant and Brennan who can play left back/left half. No thanks to jazic. We also have Gala on the dev roster.

TFC OZZ
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
PROS:
-He's Canadian, that's it.

CONS:
-He's not good anymore
-We have enough people at that position
-He has a significant salary
-He's injury prone

Ossington Mental Youth
01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
yep agree with Ozz, he doesnt offer anything we need outside of being canadian.
that certainly isnt enough to warrant making moves for him

TorCanSoc
01-18-2009, 08:20 PM
As much as I am not a Harmse fan. He has his role. To hammer the crap out of guys that can actually play soccer.

ensco
01-18-2009, 09:02 PM
25 CMNT appearances, 4 years as a starter for Rapid Vienna, started for the Galaxy when they won the MLS cup, younger than Marshall.....what a fool I must be for thinking he can play in MLS, at least ahead of a guy (Harmse) who has seriously never, ever done anything.

And btw despite the numerous posts going on about his salary, he makes $125K, which is $50K more than Harmse. He's not exactly making Davino money.

Where'd all this hate for Jazic come from?

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Jazic...is not woth the time or effort to get him...Chivas can have him...Let TFC build a decent team, not bringing in overrated has beens.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Its not hate for Jazic, its just honesty (on my part anyways).
Wrong side of 30, injured regularly (he was out alot of last season) and makes more money.

Zeke_Jones
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I dont know much about Jazic and his career but if hes injury prone the worst thing you could do is make him play on that turf at BMO.

Keegan
01-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Jazic is a great MLS defender. Why all the hate? Anyone who watched the Galaxy last year or for the past couple years knows he is consistently one of their better players every game.

He was also great imo for Canada at the 2007 Gold Cup with Klukowski missing.

rocker
01-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Jazic is a great MLS defender. Why all the hate? Anyone who watched the Galaxy last year or for the past couple years knows he is consistently one of their better players every game.

i watched LA. He was just "OK" to me. Considering they had one of the worst defenses the past two years, I'm not sure what his contribution was to that. I would not say he's "great" in MLS. That adjective is best for guys who make the all-star team or whatever.

he also has not played a full season in the past 2, barely playing a half a season each year.

he turns 33 in a month.

but honestly, I just don't see what he provides to us beyond what we have (other than not having to take up an INT spot).
Who's he an upgrade on? Brennan? Dunivant? and if he's an upgrade -- I don't think he is tho -- how much is the upgrade, 10%? 50%??
and if we get only a half season from the guy, as LA got, who takes his place the rest of the year?

too many questions for me. I just don't see a reason to bother with him.

LucaGol
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
No....

supernothingman
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Thankfully, we didn't.

felipe
01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
if we didn't already have significant cover at his position, I'd say bring him on. He was pretty good at one point, and can still hold his own now. But there is absolutley no point in adding him at this point in time. And I can't imagine he'd be too happy watching Brennan and Dunivant play. But if we didn't have those two? I'd say he's a perfectly serviceable MLS left back - and other teams could certainly do worse.