PDA

View Full Version : What will we do with Kevin Harmse?

Stryker
01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Baring a catastrophic injury to Robbo, he'll no doubt get the lions share at defensive mid. Sam Cronin's impresive NCAA numbers indicate he has a far brighter future than Harmse ever did and Mo will be anxious to give him any playing time that becomes avalible. So where does that leave Harmse?
Obviously he'd have no business playing a wing postion but he showed promise at defensive back last year. Many would even go so far as to argue that he should have been there all along.
So do we attempt to convert him to a CB, let him ride pine all season as a utility player or attempt to trade him?
:noidea:

Pachuco
01-16-2009, 11:38 AM
I'd keep him as a utility player. He's Canadian, he doesn't cost much, why not?

BuSaPuNk
01-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Keep him. He played well in the back for us last season. I think he deserves a chance to start for us.

Shaughno
01-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Why get rid of him? Utility Canadian, enough said.

jrey
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
As long as he's not in any kind of attacking role and he can keep his cheap shots in check, I'd keep him.

Stryker
01-16-2009, 11:44 AM
He cost $72,000.00 last year. Which is resonable. Yes he's canadian but he also left to play for the CMNT last season. Don't think theres much chance of that this year though. :rolleyes5:

TFC Tifoso
01-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Q: What do we do with Kevin Harmse?

A: Who cares? (which is also a question, but still an answer)

Roogsy
01-16-2009, 11:56 AM
We need a deep bench. Harmse on the bench gives us a solid fill in. He is no starter, but can be of use to us. Why let a cheap Canadian go?

Parkdale
01-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Can we pay him in maple syrup?

GabrielHurl
01-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Why get rid of him? Utility Canadian, enough said.

+1 - no need to add anything more

JonO
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Can we pay him in maple syrup?
Still counts towards the cap

Parkdale
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Still counts towards the cap

bah! what about our allocation poutine?

Pigfynn
01-16-2009, 12:06 PM
One thing that almost no one ever considers when we talk about players is potential for a big season.

You know? You can't completely judge a player's worth on the previous season, they may have a MUCH better year this year then they did last year right?

I'm not suggesting that Harmse is going to light the league on fire but what about Barrett? He could have a great year and then what will everyone be saying about his ability. I happen to think that any one of our players that scores a hat trick next year will end up in a song and the day of will be touted as a TFC god.

So let's just wait and see shall we?

Pachuco
01-16-2009, 12:17 PM
One thing that almost no one ever considers when we talk about players is potential for a big season.

You know? You can't completely judge a player's worth on the previous season, they may have a MUCH better year this year then they did last year right?

I'm not suggesting that Harmse is going to light the league on fire but what about Barrett? He could have a great year and then what will everyone be saying about his ability. I happen to think that any one of our players that scores a hat trick next year will end up in a song and the day of will be touted as a TFC god.

So let's just wait and see shall we?

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any thread crucifying Barrett. I think for the most part people on here want Barrett as a starting striker. It's the player who will play beside him that some people are hoping comes before the season starts.

peter_tfc
01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Harmse is a proud Canadian and he'll try his best in front of his home country fans - especially Vancouver. Then again, would I rather have someone really good or marginally good, but Canadian? I'll have to think about that one.

Pigfynn
01-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any thread crucifying Barrett. I think for the most part people on here want Barrett as a starting striker. It's the player who will play beside him that some people are hoping comes before the season starts.

When did I mention people crucifying Barrett? That wasn't at all what I was saying. I just meant there are people who judge a player's past and are convinced it will only continue the same without improvement.

That's not always the case. That was my point.

sidney
01-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Get rid of Harmse pronto. He'd make a good correctional officer. Perhaps we can trade him to the Don Jail.

supernothingman
01-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Keep him, we need the bodies when the International dates come around.

Broadview
01-16-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm a convert, over the course of the last season he grew on me. Keep 'em.

jloome
01-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Keep him. He played well in the back for us last season. I think he deserves a chance to start for us.

In four defensive starts he was burned badly for two goals. I fail to see why people are high on his defensive performances, which were mediocre at best.

Cashcleaner
01-16-2009, 06:59 PM
All I can do is agree with what most has been said. He's cheap and Canadian. Works for me.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
He was good in central defence last year. He's useful in case of injuries and international callups. Not great, but a decent player to have around.

TheRenter
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
depth at CB

J .
01-18-2009, 03:00 PM
a shot at starting CB or depth guy

Nuvinho
01-18-2009, 03:12 PM
What is wrong with Harmse? I think he is a good depth player, and seemed to get more comfortable as the year progressed. There is no need to get rid of him. He fills the canadian quota, plays both CB and DM, and can really help us if we need to add the physical element needed for some matchups.