PDA

View Full Version : TFC offical broadcasters

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Now that im back from my "vacation" i would like to take a jab at the CBC, Sportsnet and the score , TFC official broadcasters for not covering the MLS draft. These mediocre networks don't care for the league as was proven agian this year by not covering the draft, but their lack of covering MLS games other then TFC games is disturbing. I know the CBC is not letting fox sports world canada show their usual weekly mls game that they used to show before CBC got its hand on the rights, but then agian nothing about the cbc surprises me anymore, thank god they lost the olympics. I just waiting to see how they butcher the world cup with thir mediocre production standards. CBC is only coveing TFC games as MLSE can dangle Maple Leafs games on a stick, to make sure the team does get coverage. To get the League more coverage MLSE should tell cbc that if the coverage of MLS does not improve then boot the cbc from Mpale leaf games...but i doubt MLSE has the balls to pull that one off.
The score i didnt expect anything really from that infomercial channel,
sportsnet i expected more of but alas nothing. TFC needs a tfc channel,
asap for the good of the game.

Shakes McQueen
01-15-2009, 11:14 PM
The MLS draft literally would have had about 68 viewers in Canada, 98% of them from this board. I don't blame them even a little for not showing the draft.

- Scott

billyfly
01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
^ Holy! Now you are a Bruins fan as well?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 11:17 PM
not enough support for them to carry the draft and theres not enough support to carry a tfc channel.

what happened this year, espn through tfc was great, itll eventually change but babysteps to start

JDG
01-15-2009, 11:22 PM
I almost fell over this evening when I heard Mo's name mentioned along with his pick from the draft. I had CP24 on!!!

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-15-2009, 11:27 PM

Don’t come down too hard on The Score - they’re the only one of your "mediocre networks" who actually did show the first round of the draft one year.

I agree with the prevailing sentiment here, if TFC games struggle to find a TV audience, why would a network waste time and money showing the MLS draft?

AL-MO
01-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Mighty you never have anything positive to say. All you do is use the RPB board to bitch, whine and complain about anything that pisses you off the least bit.

mighty_torontofc_2008
01-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Mighty you never have anything positive to say. All you do is use the RPB board to bitch, whine and complain about anything that pisses you off the least bit.

well it is pretty hard to be positive of Canadian tv...besides look at all the Mo bashers from day one....their same old song and dance remain, when the guy has done a terrific job. Getting and keeping top draftpicks...no other gm in Torontos sports has done that in recent years!! and Made the team better, again no other TO team has actually improved since TFC
has been around??:eek:

AL-MO
01-15-2009, 11:51 PM
well it is pretty hard to be positive of Canadian tv...besides look at all the Mo bashers from day one....their same old song and dance remain, when the guy has done a terrific job. Getting and keeping top draftpicks...no other gm in Torontos sports has done that in recent years!! and Made the team better, again no other TO team has actually improved since TFC
has been around??:eek:

Whatever you are smoking I want some of it. It would make for an interesting drive home.

shwade
01-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Let's bitch about O'brian White not being on the front page of the Sports pages tomorrow too.

Sonny Cheeba
01-15-2009, 11:58 PM
close this shit already!

MrHawk
01-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Now that im back from my "vacation" i would like to take a jab at the CBC, Sportsnet and the score , TFC official broadcasters for not covering the MLS draft. These mediocre networks don't care for the league as was proven agian this year by not covering the draft, but their lack of covering MLS games other then TFC games is disturbing. I know the CBC is not letting fox sports world canada show their usual weekly mls game that they used to show before CBC got its hand on the rights, but then agian nothing about the cbc surprises me anymore, thank god they lost the olympics. I just waiting to see how they butcher the world cup with thir mediocre production standards. CBC is only coveing TFC games as MLSE can dangle Maple Leafs games on a stick, to make sure the team does get coverage. To get the League more coverage MLSE should tell cbc that if the coverage of MLS does not improve then boot the cbc from Mpale leaf games...but i doubt MLSE has the balls to pull that one off.

You were gone?

Flipityflu
01-16-2009, 12:55 AM
i'd be curious to know how many watched the stream. i don't think it warranted cbc interupting its normal programing. one of the sports channels might be nice, but we aren't there yet. a few more years of expanding and maybe...

Mark in Ottawa
01-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Lots of coverage via internet reporters etc...
It is the modern way and after all this was a draft

TFC*FAN
01-16-2009, 08:27 AM
A ridiculous rant in my opinion.

Little to nobody cares about the MLS Superdraft. A Wind At My Back marathon would garner way better ratings.

And a Toronto FC channel?

Leafs TV and Raptors TV are both crap. Very little substance, even with years of old games and clips. Imagine nonstop reruns from the last two seasons! Agreed we've had some good games, but would you turn in to watch our 4-1 loss to DC at the beginning of the year, or our loss to Dallas at home?

Have you actually thought about these ideas or did you just write as they popped into your head?

djking2
01-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Rather than a reason to bitch about the lack of coverage the draft is actually a reason to give props to TFC for getting the stream on-line on such short notice. So thanks Paul and crew.

Parkdale
01-16-2009, 09:20 AM
sportsnet i expected more of but alas nothing.

TFC needs a tfc channel, asap for the good of the game.

and what kind of advertising do you honestly think you'd see on 'TFC TV'?

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8577/16158298hi0.jpg

Flipityflu
01-16-2009, 09:38 AM
don't you dare take the piss out of the shamwow.

Parkdale
01-16-2009, 09:48 AM
shamwow would soak all the piss back up.

I'm just saying that a TFC television channel would be lucky to have any advertising at all. If Setanta can't sell enough advertising during EPL games, which is why they play the yellow ball for so long, then do we really think advertisers would pay for ad space over year old TFC losses?

KrazyKanadian
01-16-2009, 10:17 AM
It's the MLS, not the NBA, and you have to get used to that. TV coverage in Toronto of games themselves is non-existent other than TFC, so it's unreasonable to expect broadcasters to spend money on an event that very few people care about. I bet TSN gets better ratings on their spelling bees than they would for the draft.

Whining about CBC not airing the draft is a waste of energy.

Parkdale
01-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Whining about CBC not airing the draft is a waste of energy.

welcome to the internet - population: you!

I bet TSN draws more viewers for Poker Tourneys or Fishing than they would for a non-TFC MLS game.

Kevvv
01-16-2009, 10:29 AM
shamwow would soak all the piss back up.

I'm just saying that a TFC television channel would be lucky to have any advertising at all. If Setanta can't sell enough advertising during EPL games, which is why they play the yellow ball for so long, then do we really think advertisers would pay for ad space over year old TFC losses?

Leave Setanta alone! I can't get enough of the yellow ball's theme music.

Never mind the ads on Setanta, look at the ads they get on CBC Newsworld - endless ads for Grey Power, Premier bath, their spots must be cheap, cheap.

KrazyKanadian
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Besides, how many people here would honestly take time out of their work day to watch the MLS draft in the lunch room?

Roogsy
01-16-2009, 10:36 AM
There are too many channels on TV...ad revenue is being shared across too many options. Of course it's going to be scarce, it's a limited resource.

MUFC_Niagara
01-16-2009, 12:21 PM
lame thread...wow

AL-MO
01-16-2009, 12:52 PM
close this shit already!

lame thread...wow

Yep. I should have closed it last night...