PDA

View Full Version : Video interviews from St. Louis !!!!

redrocket08
01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
with new guys White, Frei and Cronin!!!!
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

ben_vw
01-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Houston?

ensco
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I think he means "Hudson", or maybe "Hudson River"

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
none of them seem that jazzed about coming to TFC, all standard lip service stuff.

i know these guys are in a whirlwind and cannot really know all about each of the MLS clubs so have something specific to say about them if they happen to get drafted there, but I was really hoping one of them would mention the crowd or atmosphere. Bummer!

Cronin is mates with Edwards, and even HE didn't say anything about the fans.

Still, at least no-one slammed the plastic pitch!! ha ha!!

Detroit_TFC
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
They've probably heard about Trader Mo - they probably won't unpack their luggage too soon.

Flipityflu
01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
They've probably heard about Trader Mo - they probably won't unpack their luggage too soon.

lol QFT

forza_tfc
01-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Sam Cronin sounded like Firemarshall Bill. The only person who authentically sounded happy to be with TFC was Frei. But ya, no mention of fan support was weird.

Daveisonfire
01-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Sam Cronin sounded like Firemarshall Bill. The only person who authentically sounded happy to be with TFC was Frei. But ya, no mention of fan support was weird.

Yeah but the guy has a sticked up lip, so cut him a bit of slack lol

forza_tfc
01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah but the guy has a sticked up lip, so cut him a bit of slack lol

That and the nerves, but I still laughed.

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Well OBW pretty much figured he was going to TFC so that kind of explains his neutral attitude. Frei seemed excited about joining the club, I like his enthusiasm. As for Cronin, it almost seems like he expected to go to LA, felt entitled to it but ended up at TFC and he's now sulking. He ought to be damn grateful instead for the priviledge of being with TFC. :D

Pigfynn
01-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Well OBW pretty much figured he was going to TFC so that kind of explains his neutral attitude. Frei seemed excited about joining the club, I like his enthusiasm. As for Cronin, it almost seems like he expected to go to LA, felt entitled to it but ended up at TFC and he's now sulking. He ought to be damn grateful instead for the priviledge of being with TFC. :D

Ya, something about that dude (Cronin)doesn't sit well with me. Might be that he's a real yanky yank and the thought of coming up to Siberia doesn't excite him.

Oh well, he can either get excited or fuck off...just like the rest of them.

FluSH
01-15-2009, 06:38 PM
I think he means "Hudson", or maybe "Hudson River"

Hudson Street...

dantdot
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Ya, something about that dude (Cronin)doesn't sit well with me. Might be that he's a real yanky yank and the thought of coming up to Siberia doesn't excite him.

Oh well, he can either get excited or fuck off...just like the rest of them.

Maybe it's because he thinks he's going to TOR-ON-TO, don't worry, once he finds out it's torono, he'll be ok.

BFin
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Who messed up Cronin's lip in between the combine and draft?!?

BFin
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
And to eventually play in front of the best damn fans in MLS. I'd be stoked as shit to know that I could walk into a Shoeless Joe's and be treated like a god.:p Long live TFC! Tho I didn't get the feeling he didn't want to be here. He's probably neutral like previously mentioned cause he thinks hes not staying here.

dantdot
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
from http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gOiHeeFHncv2dQ09fkrkMp7Ajf4AD95NSIN00

"I didn't come in with really any expectations, I'm just excited to be here and soak it all in," Cronin said. "To be the second pick and going to Toronto, I couldn't be happier."
Cronin sported a fresh wound on draft day after an elbow to the mouth during the final day of the MLS Combine resulted in 10 stitches.
"Almost made it," Cronin said. "I went up for a header, caught an elbow and sliced it pretty good. I won the ball, though."

Ouchie.

Cashcleaner
01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
White doesn't seem so impressed with the whole deal, but I like Cronin and Frei's enthusiasm. All said, I'm pretty happy with how this draft played out for us.

BFin
01-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I like to see Cronins toughness in that story. Get in there and give 'em shit!

Draracle
01-15-2009, 07:50 PM

10 stitches in the combine is a good start.

BFin
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
10 stitches in the combine is a good start.
10 stitches AND HE WON THE BALL....hah

Keyman
01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
O'Brian White has always seemed, at least to me, to be very arrogant, through reading articles on him. The interview on the site was the first I had actually seeen, and he seemed very pompous, maybe that's just me though. Obviously, a sense of arrogance can be a very positive characteristic for an athlete, but it can also be a major flaw, as seen with Jeff Cunningham. Let's hope we don't have another Cunny on our hands.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Im not too worried, these guys are happy to play anywhere to be honest, im sure they dont know what to expect but are excited, the fact they arent crazy psyched to play for a 3rd year team in another country doesnt phase me. thatll change when they have their first home game.

Pachuco
01-16-2009, 01:47 AM
O'Brian White has always seemed, at least to me, to be very arrogant, through reading articles on him. The interview on the site was the first I had actually seeen, and he seemed very pompous, maybe that's just me though. Obviously, a sense of arrogance can be a very positive characteristic for an athlete, but it can also be a major flaw, as seen with Jeff Cunningham. Let's hope we don't have another Cunny on our hands.

call me crazy, but I never say Cunny to be that arrogant. I don't know if you interviewed him though and saw another side.

Cashcleaner
01-16-2009, 02:13 AM
For the record, I never got that sorta vibe from Cunningham either. But like you said, sometimes a hint of arrogance is indicative of confidence. Confident players are an asset to any club.

Oh, and the story behind Cronin picking up the busted lip is ace!

Keystone FC
01-16-2009, 06:14 AM

I saw that quote and thought of Dichio biting the Fire player. That's what we need is a mucker, a real bulldog of a player who know how to play the game but won't take any crap from the other team.

Oldtimer
01-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I saw that quote and thought of Dichio biting the Fire player. That's what we need is a mucker, a real bulldog of a player who know how to play the game but won't take any crap from the other team.

QFT

Cronin can be our enforcer once DD retires.