PDA

View Full Version : Rohan Ricketts 1-on-1 with Gareth Wheeler Tonight @ 6:30pm...

Carts
01-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey boys,

Just got a msg from Gareth and he has a 1-on-1 interview with Rohan Ricketts tonight at 6:30pm on SunTV...

Carts...

rocker
01-14-2009, 10:36 AM
tell Gareth to ask him if he's signed a contract yet. i still haven't seen a report on that.

Carts
01-14-2009, 10:50 AM
tell Gareth to ask him if he's signed a contract yet. i still haven't seen a report on that.

Will do...

Any other suggestions I should pass along to Gareth...?

Post'em quick, as of right now I don't know if the interview is being done live, or being taped this afternoon...

Carts...

Big Bruva
01-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Will do...

Any other suggestions I should pass along to Gareth...?

Post'em quick, as of right now I don't know if the interview is being done live, or being taped this afternoon...

Carts...

Rohan and Gareth have told me its not live its being taped at 2-2:30pm

I told Gareth to ask Rohan if he feels he has a chance of beating him in the Big Bruva Fifa Tournament lol

Stryker
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
I would have asked him if he likes the idea of playing with McBride and Blanco...lol.
Nothing againest Rohan, I just want Rolfe here really badly.

Big Bruva
01-14-2009, 03:19 PM
You could most likely ask any TFC player that and they would love playing with Blanco and McBride, proven players.

I would have asked him if he likes the idea of playing with McBride and Blanco...lol.

CretanBull
01-14-2009, 03:26 PM

You'd rather have Rolfe than Ricketts? Glad you're not running the show. Rohan has some MLS experience under his belt now and he's going to have the benefit of a training camp and (hopefully) a stable roster to work with...his class will show throw this season.

TFC Cityboy
01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
WTF is Sun TV when it's at 'ome?
What is that on Rogers?

Stryker
01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
You'd rather have Rolfe than Ricketts? Glad you're not running the show. Rohan has some MLS experience under his belt now and he's going to have the benefit of a training camp and (hopefully) a stable roster to work with...his class will show throw this season.
Im hoping your right. I think Rohan is a good player don't get me wrong, but if you look strictly at the stats it would appear that Rolfe is twice the player Rohan is. He did however play at striker for a portion of the season and had a stronger supporting cast.
All and all I think they're close in terms of skill. Rohan distributes better but Rolfe has an eye for goal and even when playing the wing is more prone to press in and take the shot.

Big Bruva
01-14-2009, 03:52 PM
What is that on Rogers?

lol you never heard of SunTV mate? where you been geez?

giambac
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM

Tell Gareth ot ask him if he will earn his contract next year:D

Big Bruva
01-14-2009, 04:50 PM
What is that on Rogers?

I got it on 15 (Rogers) mate

ensco
01-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Expectations are very high for RR, nobody will be a bigger beneficiary of playing with DeRo (who will create a lot of room for him).

He needs to dominate. I think he can.

zeelaw
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
stream for this?

Roogsy
01-14-2009, 05:02 PM

Agreed. I think training with his team will provide an additional level of familiarity that will only improve on his own performance and the team's. I am looking forward to seeing what he does this year.

canadian_bhoy
01-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Expectations are very high for RR, nobody will be a bigger beneficiary of playing with DeRo (who will create a lot of room for him).

He needs to dominate. I think he can.

As they should be.

I've yet to see the level of play from him that you would expect from a guy who played for both Arsenal and Spurs.

FluSH
01-14-2009, 07:02 PM
nice just caught the tail end there...

Shakes McQueen
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Is it getting replayed at any point? What were the highlights of the interview?

- Scott

Roogsy
01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
There is a grill room playing in the morning, I hope it's a replay. I set my PVR.

I wish there was more notice on these things. They'd get better viewership.

Marco2K
01-15-2009, 09:44 AM

Woo dude. I know you have a man crush on ricketts but come On!!!:noidea:

rocker
01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Chris Rolfe makes $87,000. I love my Ricketts, but taking all things into account in the MLS market, i think most GMs would take Rolfe over Ricketts. For one thing, Rolfe had 9 goals and 7 assists last year, Ricketts was 4-4. Different positions, i know, but Ricketts made 212,000 last year. Again, I am a Ricketts fan, but I wouldn't be dismissing Rolfe outright... Great price, more production.
Even if you want to compare "first seasons in MLS", Rolfe was 8-5 in his first season in MLS.

I think Ricketts will come on strong this year and perform even better than he did this year. But given his price, he still has a ways to go before he provides the value per dollar that Rolfe does.
And Rolfe was drafted relatively low considering his important role now.