PDA

View Full Version : Van Den Bergh to FCD

MG42
01-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Let the Trades begin :lol:

3rd Degree has been able to confirm with a MLS source that a trade for Dave van den Bergh of New York Red Bulls has indeed gone down. Dominic Oduro will be going the other way. We don’t have any details yet and don’t know if there are other pieces included in the move. Van den Bergh will immediately fill the left midfield void FCD had with the non-renewal of Victor Sikora.
Edit: Details are beginning to emerge. 3rd Degree has learned FCD has sent two unknown picks to NY in the deal with one unknown pick coming back. Dave van den Bergh will be signing a new deal with FC Dallas.
One has to think it likely that some other piece may be going with Oduro to the Red Bulls, whether it be picks or some allocation money. Although Oduro is significantly cheaper and younger than van den Bergh and clearing cap room ay be a priority for Red Bull. Last year Oduro made $33,000 playing for FC Dallas, van den Bergh had a base of $240,000 with incentives that could be much higher. Red Bulls originally acquired van den Bergh from Kansas City in 2007 in exchange for third round pick in 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft

READ MORE
http://www.3rddegree.net/2009/01/oduro-to-red-bull-for-van-den-bergh/

Nuvinho
01-12-2009, 09:35 PM
interesting....

Could this be a move that could lead to more moves by Dallas.

I wonder if TFC can pry DVB from Dallas now for the 2nd overall pick?

Razcle
01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Interesting since DVB was arguably the Shite Bulls best player for much of the season. I rate him very highly in this league for his left foot crosses. I guess a cap this size forces decisions that would not be normally be seen in the sports world.

Nuvinho
01-12-2009, 09:42 PM
2nd+4th+something else???

for

VDB and Serioux + 11th pick??

Nuvinho
01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
FCD: DvdB and #29 pick
RBNY: Oduro, #11 pick, #18 pick

from a comment on that article.

rocker
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't think VandenBerg will be leaving Dallas now. I read somewhere his wife is from Dallas, and Dallas was the team that wanted him when he came into MLS.

Wooster_TFC
01-13-2009, 09:07 AM
This makes thing very interesting for the rumours about FCD trading up to pick Gonzalez. Maybe they were sick and tired of being held over the coals by MoJo, and decided to pursue other opportunities?

I don't see Mo trading the 2nd pick straight up for Serioux...

Chevy
01-13-2009, 09:35 AM
I think the 4th or even the 2nd pick for Serioux would be a pretty good deal for TFC.

VDB must make decent cash, so Dallas could now be looking to reduce some salary. The player that they take with the pick would obviously be making much less than Serioux.

Flashman
01-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Wonderful news....now the NY Energy Drinks are SHITE'er

rocker
01-13-2009, 10:00 AM
i just remember that Van Den Burgh goal in the rain at BMO early in the season. We woulda won that match if he doesn`t take that shot from way out that went past Sutton.

rocker
01-13-2009, 10:02 AM
I think the 4th or even the 2nd pick for Serioux would be a pretty good deal for TFC.

VDB must make decent cash, so Dallas could now be looking to reduce some salary. The player that they take with the pick would obviously be making much less than Serioux.

good point. They could get rid of Serioux`s $125,000 to TFC to help them fit in VDB. Then take Gonzalez with TFC`s second pick. He`s GA, so that would cost zero against the cap, giving them a defender.

Wooster_TFC
01-13-2009, 10:23 AM
What I meant to say, is I don't see Mo trading the 2nd pick for Serioux straight up. The rumours tended to include Dallas' late first round pick in the trade, but now that has been dished off to RBNY in this trade.

This trade just reduced the possibility of Serioux coming to TFC in my opinion.

Chevy
01-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Maybe the 4th pick for Serioux straight up? That seems fair.

Wooster_TFC
01-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe the 4th pick for Serioux straight up? That seems fair.

FCD will only trade for a pick that we hold if it can guarantee them getting Gonzalez. The 4th does not guarantee that in any way. Technically the 2nd doesn't either, but it's unlikely Seattle will pick Gonzalez, based on the other choices available.

I see the only options available beforehand were Serioux + 11th for 2nd, but that's not going to happen now. Guess we'll just see what falls, after all this is all just speculation on my part.

Chevy
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM
VDB to Dallas is a done deal.

The New Jersey Red Bulls traded midfielder Dave van den Bergh to FC Dallas for forward Dominic Oduro and a second-round selection (18th overall) in this week's MLS draft.

The teams also swapped first round picks in Thursday's draft. The Red Bulls will select 11th overall. FC Dallas will select 14th.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/wires/01/13/2050.ap.soc.mls.red.bulls.fc.dallas.trade.0302/index.html?eref=si_soccer

Total speculation on my part, but since Dallas traded down they may be willing to give up Serioux for our 4th.

rocker
01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Ives get the low down on why VDB was traded... he asked to go due to family stuff:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/01/the-lowdown-on-the-van-den-bergh-trade.html

onemanbarmyarmy
01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
FCD will only trade for a pick that we hold if it can guarantee them getting Gonzalez. The 4th does not guarantee that in any way. Technically the 2nd doesn't either, but it's unlikely Seattle will pick Gonzalez, based on the other choices available.

I see the only options available beforehand were Serioux + 11th for 2nd, but that's not going to happen now. Guess we'll just see what falls, after all this is all just speculation on my part.

Don't be surprised to see Mo pull the old sign and trade. He could also trade the pick after the 1st pick is made guaranteeing the second choice for whoever wants it.