PDA

View Full Version : TFC declines options on Gaudet, Elkinson, Ruiz and Melo

Nuvinho
01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
http://my.thescore.com/footyblog/archive/2009/01/12/5989.aspx

Toronto FC has 16 roster spots available for International Players (5 of which must be used on US Domestic Players). The club did not exercise the option for the following players from its 2008 roster: defender Killian Elkinson, midfielder Joey Melo, forward Carlos Ruiz, and forward Derek Gaudet. The team lost forward Jarrod Smith to Seattle in the MLS Expansion Draft this past November, and defender Julius James in the deal that brought midfielder Dwayne De Rosario to Toronto. Defender Hunter Freeman joined IK Start in Norway in a move that was already in place when he joined Toronto FC midway through the 2008.

flatpicker
01-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm happy about Ruiz being gone...
I'm sure they can find a better player at the same price.

Oblio2
01-12-2009, 12:25 PM

A six week old mouldy potatoe is better than that muppet!

Nodoubtguy
01-12-2009, 12:27 PM
I think the only one I thought had any chance of sticking around was Melo.....but even that was slim considering he got no time this season.

dantdot
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Wikipedia's updated instantly. I'm scared.

Technorgasm
01-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Agreed Flats.

I mean , that dude is freakin LAZY!!!

Dead weight. Good Riddance.

Oblio2
01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Agreed Flats.

I mean , that dude is freakin LAZY!!!

Dead weight. Good Riddance.

At least a dead weight can be used for something.......this bag of monkey crap is useless......

Velvet Elvis
01-12-2009, 01:12 PM
At least a dead weight can be used for something.......this bag of monkey crap is useless......

I can get you one of those ... :D

:leaving:

Lucky Strike
01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Not surprised. Now all the players we have left are the ones I wanted TFC to keep to begin with. It's almost like I was making the decisions! Except Vélez is still there... *grumble grumble*

Hitcho
01-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey nice avatar Flat Picker Man!

We should emboss that on the front of our proposal to MLS on the two tier league system. Instant kudos.

flatpicker
01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey nice avatar Flat Picker Man!

We should emboss that on the front of our proposal to MLS on the two tier league system. Instant kudos.

haha... thanks...
And yeah... we need to start working on that proposal!

:D

Hitcho
01-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Nah, it writes itself really. It's the only sensible way to proceed once MLS gets past 16 clubs. I know we've done this before (hijack alert), but there's something quite comforting about knowing you're in a relegation scrap but can never really be killed off. it's a bit like paintballing or LaserQuest (if that made it here) - you get shot, but then you re-set yourself and off you go chargign around again. Sweet!

colman1860
01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Not important enough to open up a poll, but if TFC had to take back either Cunny or Ruiz (completely hypothetical, thank god), who would we prefer?

Shakes McQueen
01-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Not important enough to open up a poll, but if TFC had to take back either Cunny or Ruiz (completely hypothetical, thank god), who would we prefer?

I'd vote for death. But if I was forced to choose? Probably Cunny. Just because his cap hit is smaller, so we'd be paying less to have him riding the pines.

He also seemed to get a second wind upon arriving in Dallas - though I still wouldn't want that jackass on our starting XI.

- Scott

TFC07
01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Meh...not surprise they got waived. It is going to be hard to find good Canadian players who are willing to play for TFC for wel-fare money unless Mo decides to trade his draft picks for Canadian players.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
even then will they be canadians that can contribute?

gmacpheetfc
01-12-2009, 11:30 PM
any ideas what our Cap room is looking like now?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-13-2009, 12:19 AM
dont think any of those guys contributed heavily to the cap (specially any of the reserve players, i think those are ignored by the cap)

MUFC_Niagara
01-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Ruiz must give us some cap space, what was his salary?

Joe Kool
01-13-2009, 08:05 AM
I guess it's because we needed the roster spots but I thought Gaudet was supposed to be a really good young prospect at the beginning of last season. Maybe he wasn't turning out as predicted throughout last season.

Good riddance to Ruiz. Never liked him to start but was willing to give him a chance. The final act that made me think get him off the team was when they had to pull him off from a game and he knocked over the gatorade like a suck when he came off. I can't stand sucks.

Joey Melo I can understand because he had a couple years to make it onto the first team and never came through.

Elkinson also I understand because I think I have only ever seen his name on the roster only and don't actually recall ever seeing him play.

Hopefully all roster spots filled wisely. Fingers crossed.

rocker
01-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Ruiz must give us some cap space, what was his salary?

he was making 400K or so. given that he only was on TFC's roster for 2 months, I'm guessing he only really took up about 100K or so of our cap.