PDA

View Full Version : NYRB vs All Stars for Hope - Charity Game

Nodoubtguy
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Saw this on mls-rumors.net....

On June 14, Red Bull New York will take on an "All Stars for Hope" squad at Giant's Stadium consisting of:

Mikael Silvestre
Cristiano Ronaldo
Thierry Henry
Nikolas Anelka
Didier Drogba
Bacary Sagna,
Claude Makelele
Emmanuel Adebayor
Patrick Viera
Frank Lampard
Gael Clichy
Manuel Almunia
Ousmane Dabo
Ryan Giggs
and William Gallas

with more expected to join. All-Stars for Hope is a weekend of events to raise funds for Mikael Silvestre's Schools for Hope Foundation, whose goal is to build schools around the world. Tickets are available starting at $14.Pretty impressive list of names.....
mroe info and tickets http://allstarsforhope.org/

They also have a charity auction (http://allstarsforhope.org/auction) with some really cool items up for bid including a "all star experience" ($10,000) that includes riding on the bus with the players, access to the dressing rooms and watching the game from the bench. Other items include a Man U team signed kit, a Ronaldo signed boot......a few other Man United things.

flatpicker
01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
All-Stars will win by a touchdown

Stryker
01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
All-Stars will win by a touchdown
LOL, 2 touchdowns.
Can you imagine the score if the Allstar team took the game seriously?

Parkdale
01-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Mikael Silvestre
Cristiano Ronaldo
Thierry Henry
Nikolas Anelka
Didier Drogba
Bacary Sagna,
Claude Makelele
Emmanuel Adebayor
Patrick Viera
Frank Lampard
Gael Clichy
Manuel Almunia
Ousmane Dabo
Ryan Giggs
William Gallas

bold names are either France Nationals, or French speaking Africans who've played in Ligue 1.

and why can't France put together a decent national team anymore?
I would love to see this line up play as if they had a cup on the line.

Billy the kid
01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Too bad they are not playing the MLS allstars. It still wouldn't be close, but would be a little more interesting.

Oldtimer
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
and why can't France put together a decent national team anymore?
I would love to see this line up play as if they had a cup on the line.

If France had a decent coach who didn't base his player decisions on astrological signs, they might have a chance.

If the FFF really cared about their performance, as opposed to internal politics, they would be replacing Domenech.

France has also suffered in the post-Zidane era in not having that dominating midfield control. They need a major re-think in their teams' strategy, player selection, etc. It's time to blow it up and rebuild from scratch.

Stryker
01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
*post game presser

Journalist - "Ryan Giggs what are your thoughts on the opposing team"
Giggs - "The Red Bulls are shite"!

Parkdale
01-12-2009, 11:15 AM
If the FFF really cared about their performance, as opposed to internal politics, they would be replacing Domenech.

don't think I don't know that.

When Trezeguet said he would renounce his French citizenship if Domenech wasn't dropped as head coach, I thought it was a bit extreme. I personally think Trezeguet was the man who lost us the WC to Italy when he shot wide on a PK, but now it seems like he might have had a valid point. I say they bring #10 back to coach!