PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Monday , Jan.12

denime
01-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Mornin'

Canadian gem could be TFC's
By GARETH WHEELER (gareth.wheeler@suntv.canoe.ca)

O'Brian White isn't nervous or anxious -- he's curious.
All cards have been thrown on the table for the striker from Scarborough ahead of Thursday's MLS SuperDraft.
A projected top pick just a year ago, White's professional ambitions took a hit, tearing his ACL in October after he decided to return for a senior year at the University of Connecticut.
So White, who won the M.A.C. Hermann Award as the NCAA's top soccer player just a year ago, isn't sure what's going to happen Thursday.
Will he be drafted early or will he be drafted at all?

Read more (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2009/01/12/7991361-sun.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/) :frown2:

Mark in Ottawa
01-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Mornin D. The more I read about the upcoming draft the more I like the various interesting storylines and intrigue.

O and I agree with your assessment of the SSG.
singing (to the tune of You are my sunshine) ...
"Please just taaaaake that sunshine away!"

ensco
01-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Do you think anyone ought to point out to Wheeler that White considers himself more Jamaican than Canadian, and is likely to play for Jamaica internationally?

Oldtimer
01-12-2009, 08:13 AM
ROME -- David Beckham was given a surprise start in his AC Milan debut against AS Roma yesterday and played 89 minutes, contributing a solid -- if not outstanding -- performance in a 2-2 draw.
"I felt good in the game, very strong and I enjoyed it," Beckham said. "I enjoyed playing with these players and in this city. We played some good football."

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/Soccer/2009/01/12/7990776-sun.html

BuSaPuNk
01-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Morning D! I think we will land White, injury or not. He has the talent that we need and really the draft isn't the place for guys that are superstars already. I would be happy if Mo grabed White with any pick. I think the most interesting part of draft day will be the transactions between the teams. That is where we can make our headway.

Toronto Ruffrider
01-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Do you think anyone ought to point out to Wheeler that White considers himself more Jamaican than Canadian, and is likely to play for Jamaica internationally?

White has already been capped for Jamaica at the youth level. I'm not even sure he's eligible to switch national teams at this point - he's over 21, but has he been capped since he hit 21?

tfc
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM
its up to him where he wants to play - jamaica or canada. as far as i know, he is still eligible

BFin
01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
SSG looks like she finished third place in a shovel fight.

Bluenose13
01-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Don't they have any standards ?

Toronto Ruffrider
01-12-2009, 05:06 PM

At least she isn't coated in as much bronze as some of last week's SSGs.:eek:

BFin
01-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Don't they have any standards ?
I'm beginning to question that myself. I mean have we run out of women in this city? There are more then enough good looking female TFC supporters to fill the pages of the Sun, start there!:hump:

BFin
01-12-2009, 07:43 PM
At least she isn't coated in as much bronze as some of last week's SSGs.:eek:
Ya coated in a boat load of ugly and a little pooch around the stomach is much better. I mean, don't get me wrong, she is not hideous, but the Sunshine girl is SUPPOSED TO BE HOT...what happened??

Toronto Ruffrider
01-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Ya coated in a boat load of ugly and a little pooch around the stomach is much better. I mean, don't get me wrong, she is not hideous, but the Sunshine girl is SUPPOSED TO BE HOT...what happened??

My comment was meant to be a pun on your post - Third Place = Bronze Medal.;)

BFin
01-13-2009, 11:01 AM
hahah there were no medals awarded to anyone but first place.
The rest of the competition all looked like this at the end. No reward for that hah.