PDA

View Full Version : ****2009 Superdraft Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nuvinho
01-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I don't know if anyone would oppose to having another thread about the SuperDraft, but it seems I can't find the others that were started.

Since we are 5 days away from the draft, figured we may need a catch-all thread with all SuperDraft info. We know Trader Mo will be busy

Some notes:

Toronto FC picks:

1st Round: 2nd, 4th, and 13th
2nd Round: No picks (traded to CHV for Guevara?)
3rd Round: 34th
4th Round: No picks (traded to LA for Harmse)

- Marcus Tracy is out, signed with a team in Europe supposedly

- GA class (http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/events/superdraft/2009/article.jsp?ymd=20090107&content_id=211019&vkey=draft2009&fext=.jsp)

- Combine Rosters (http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/events/superdraft/2009/article.jsp?ymd=20090109&content_id=211319&vkey=draft2009&fext=.jsp)

- Zakuani projected as top pick, with Gonzalez the 2nd pick

Please add more, if anyone has info. I would love to know any info from the combine or trade rumours that come up at the combine.

Jan 15th, 2008 - 2pm

loconet
01-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Another useful site:

http://mlsdraft.net/

Nuvinho
01-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Sean Keay has Day 1 info up:

http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=node/149

Red CB Toronto
01-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Marcus Tracey has signed to play in Demark. I wonder if someone will bank on him late just to hold his rights, with less dev. spots and smaller rosters this year why not in say the fourth round rather than someone who most likely not make your team.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1614/americans-abroad/2009/01/09/1052758/college-soccers-best-chooses-denmark-over-mls

denime
01-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Here is the sticked draft thread :
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=7085

I will move this thread there by tomorrow morning,no need for multiple thread. ;)

ccopela
01-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Info on Tosaint Ricketts from Norway:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14360&whichpage=14

Tosaint Ricketts made an impression in Norway when he ran the fastest time ever recorded on the 40-metre dash by a soccer player: 4.47. He ran exactly the same time on the second try and 4.56 on his third. Coach Henning Berg was impressed by his speed but thinks his overall skills have some way to go yet. Lillestrřm are will not be signing him to a contract now but hope to get another look at him at a later date.

Ricketts is off to a trial at Sřnderjyske in Denmark.

http://www.rb.no/lsk-magasinet/article4036077.ece

I didn't realize he was that fast good for him. I still think TFC should use a late pick to get his rights.

Nuvinho
01-12-2009, 01:24 PM
TFC eyeing 1st overall pick, Ives.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/01/toronto-fc-eyeing-no-1-pick.html

Ossington Mental Youth
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
curious move for us to grab first round pick.
either we are going to a) trade it off, b) keep it, grab the player and trade the player off or c)keep the player as we have cbs coming in from elsewhere

VPjr
01-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Info on Tosaint Ricketts from Norway:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14360&whichpage=14

I didn't realize he was that fast good for him. I still think TFC should use a late pick to get his rights.

i would not be at all surprised if they do just that.

VPjr
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
TFC eyeing 1st overall pick, Ives.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/01/toronto-fc-eyeing-no-1-pick.html

I think TFC's interest in Frei is very real.

It would not surprise me in the least if TFC picks Frei (who is Gen Adidas so he only takes up a DEV roster spot and his salary would not count against the cap) and trade or release Brian Edwards (who does count against the cap and counts as a Senior Roster player). I'm not sure they need to move up to #1 to get Frei as it is highly unlikely Seattle would want him (but they could always pick him and hold him ransom to the highest bidder post draft).

I'm no fan of the draft and would rather see proven players brought in exchange for draft picks but if Mo can manage to get both Cronin and Frei, I'd say it's a job well done (and those are very hard words for me to utter in Mo Johnston's direction). If they can only grab one of the two, take Frei because of the scenario I described above.

leafdolfan
01-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I recently talked to the U-Sector's own Sean Keay about the MLS Draft and he helped me out with a few questions, and I've put in my own opinions on the upcoming MLS draft here:

http://canadianstretty.blogspot.com/2009/0...ft-preview.html (http://canadianstretty.blogspot.com/2009/01/2009-mls-superdraft-preview.html)

Nuvinho
01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Goff reports that Gonzalez has moved up to the #1 spot.

Nuvinho
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
from Ives

Seattle is openly courting offers for the No. 1 overall pick. So who might be in play for the pick? Sources tell SBI that Toronto has already made an offer while D.C. United and FC Dallas are also interested.

Another team looking to move up is Chivas USA, which desperately wants California goalkeeper Stefan Frei. Chivas USA could be tempted to dangle fullback Jonathan Bornstein in order to secure a high enough pick to draft the best goalkeeper available. If and when Chivas USa does deal Bornstein, they could wind up dealing for LA's Ante Jazic or Toronto FC's Todd Dunivant as a replacement.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-14-2009, 11:28 AM
meh, Bornstein plays a position we already have covered twice

JonO
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
You misunderstand. He is saying that they deal Bornstein for a pick that would get them the keep they want. They would then look to acquire Dunivant from Toronto to cover his departure. Not sure what we could get in return though...

Nuvinho
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM

very true, but his trade value would be pretty high, Mo could flip him.

But honestly, I have no idea why TFC would go for the #1 pick? Is it for someone else? or is Gonzalez the real deal? or do the want Zakuani?

but.....that being said........In Mo We Trust.

GabrielHurl
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
ESPN Soccernet's predictions

1. Seattle FC -- Steve Zakuani, Akron, F

Zakuani didn't do much at the combine at all, but some scouts still caught glimpses of the speed and skill that made him the top prospect coming into the draft. Seattle is seriously weighing offers for the top pick, and now looks more inclined to drop down and acquire more picks, but if Seattle stands pat, Zakuani is still the choice.

2. Toronto FC -- Stefan Frei, California, GK

Death, taxes and Mo Johnston making trades. Some things are just inevitable, and there are few things more inevitable than TFC trading this pick. Better said, TFC will not be keeping whoever is picked here, whether it is the pick being dealt, or Toronto drafting a player to deal. Frei is the best pro prospect in the draft and several teams are interested in moving up to acquire him. Toronto likes him too, but seem unlikely to keep him with Greg Sutton and Brian Edwards already in goal.

3. Los Angeles Galaxy -- Sam Cronin, Wake Forest, M

The long-held belief is that the Galaxy will target a Generation adidas player to help with the team's salary cap situation. The only problem is Bruce Arena insists that the cap won't keep the club from making the moves it needs to improve. If that is so, then taking Cronin is a no-brainer for a club that could use a player with his skill and poise in the central midfield. The club could also turn to Maryland central defender Omar Gonzalez, but Cronin is the better bet.

4. Toronto FC -- Omar Gonzalez, Maryland, D

Here is another pick that Toronto is very unlikely to keep. If Toronto picked based on need here you might see them grab Jeremy Hall, who didn't have a good combine. However, Toronto is more likely to draft Gonzalez and dangle him in a trade, with several teams likely to show interest. Gonzalez struggled on the first day of the combine but rebounded on the second day to show why he's such a highly regarded prospect. He could go as high as No. 2, but won't fall past No. 5 .

5. FC Dallas -- Kevin Alston, Indiana, D

The Hoops addressed a major need with its acquisition of Dave van den Bergh and can now focus its attention defensive needs. Enter Alston, who is arguably the most polished fullback in the draft. A left back in college, Alston showed at the combine that he is better suited for right back, a position Dallas could afford to upgrade. Rodney Wallace is another option here, but his weak combine showing may lead to him sliding down the draft board.

6. D.C. United -- Jeremy Hall, Maryland, M

Another top prospect who was underwhelming at the combine, Hall is still too talented and highly regarded to fall past D.C., which could stand to get younger and more athletic. Yes, D.C. needs help in central defense but can address that with its second-round picks. There just aren't center back options in the first round unless D.C. wants to put together a package to move up and grab Gonzalez.

7. D.C. United -- Peri Marosevic, Michigan, F

Few players impressed more at the combine than U-20 striker Marosevic, who showed strength and impeccable finishing ability. He has a nose for goal and is quicker than you would expect. He would be an appealing long-term prospect for a team that has some aging attacking options, such as Jaime Moreno.

8. Kansas City Wizards -- Chris Pontius, UCSB, F

The most polished forward in the draft, Pontius also showed an ability to play on the left wing. He has good size, a strong shot and can turn on defenders. If he were a Generation adidas player he would probably be a top-five pick. The Wizards would have preferred a good central midfield prospect, but Pontius is too good to pass up.

9. Chivas USA -- Rodney Wallace, Maryland, D

So why would the Goats draft a left back when they have Jonathan Bornstein? Sources insist that Preki is looking to deal Bornstein, who is in the final year of his MLS contract, and could groom Wallace as a replacement. Wallace could very well go a few spots higher, but there are questions about just how much more he has to learn to be ready to play consistently in MLS. That said, his athleticism and Generation adidas status will assure him of going no later than ninth.

10. New England -- Michael Lahoud, Wake Forest, M

The Revs aren't likely to find the central defender they need at this pick and are more likely to go with the best available player. Lahoud impressed several scouts with his quality play in central midfield, where he can cover a lot of ground and transition into the attack well. A bit undersized, Lahoud is still a sharp passer who could draw attention from teams picking higher.

11. New York -- Babajide Ogunbiyi, Santa Clara, D

Few players were more impressive at the combine than Ogunbiyi, who was dominant in the air and always put himself in good positions. At 6-foot-4 and 212 pounds, Ogunbiyi could develop into a force in the middle. The Red Bulls also covet left-sided players, both in midfield and at fullback, but the players the club would take with the his pick are off the board. Wake Forest right backs Evan Brown and Lyle Adams are the type of attacking fullbacks Juan Carlos Osorio might take here.

12. Real Salt Lake -- Kyle Patterson, St. Louis, M

RSL is looking for a right winger and Patterson was one of the more impressive ones at the combine. He is quick enough to beat defenders and passes well, but he didn't show off much crossing ability, which might keep him from going this high. RSL could also turn to a forward, such as O'Brian White or Jordan Seabrook, or a defender such as Notre Dame's Matt Besler, who was one of the more impressive central defenders in the combine.

13. Toronto FC -- O'Brian White, Connecticut, F

White is recovering from ACL surgery and may not be back until June, but his stock has actually gone up considerably since the departures of Marcus Tracy and Mike Grella for Europe. With the forward pool thinner, White could actually wind up going higher in the draft (though the fact he hasn't signed with MLS yet could deter teams). It shouldn't be forgotten that if White, the 2007 Hermann Award winner, had come out as a junior last year he would have been a top-three pick. D.C. United and Real Salt Lake are also rumored to be interested in the speedy striker.

14. FC Dallas -- Brad Ring, Indiana, M

Another player who might have benefited from missing the combine (he was injured), Ring is a solid central midfielder who could help provide some depth for the Hoops. The Hoops could also look for a central defender, such as Besler or Duke's Darius Barnes.

15. New England -- Matt Besler, Notre Dame, D

The Revs won't have an easy time replacing Michael Parkhurst, and will be hoping Gabriel Badilla can do the job. Look for them to grab the best central defender available in order to build up some depth. Besler, St. Louis' Calum Angus, Barnes and Washington's George John are all capable center back prospects who could be drafted here, but look for Besler to get the call.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-14-2009, 11:56 AM
You misunderstand. He is saying that they deal Bornstein for a pick that would get them the keep they want. They would then look to acquire Dunivant from Toronto to cover his departure. Not sure what we could get in return though...

very true, but his trade value would be pretty high, Mo could flip him.

But honestly, I have no idea why TFC would go for the #1 pick? Is it for someone else? or is Gonzalez the real deal? or do the want Zakuani?

but.....that being said........In Mo We Trust.

both good points, this coupled with the espn article (and a billion other articles) we are in for a good day.

As VpJr has stated I do think TFC wants Frei. Dunno whether they want to keep or trade him tho... also if they keep him in not sure how it effects us signing some solid CBs from another team.

God i love how strategic this shit can get

Any chance we could get the mods to add that other thread in the news etc to this one?

T_Mizz
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Generally ESPN knows what they're talking about but none of those top 5 are going to land that way besides Cronin. Gonzalez is now the clear #1 and that is why Mo is going after the #1, so he holds all the cards and is able to sell Gonzalez to the highest bidder

T_Mizz
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
However, having said that if the draft works out in this fashion I will need a fresh pair of pants

SweetOwnGoal
01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes...

but does any of it really matter? (http://24thminute.blogspot.com/2009/01/these-numbers-are-drafty.html)

Nuvinho
01-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Toronto offered the 13th overall pick for Mike Magee, but the NYRB turned it down, b/c they already had the deal in place with the Galaxy, as per Ives.

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Toronto offered the 13th overall pick for Mike Magee, but the NYRB turned it down, b/c they already had the deal in place with the Galaxy, as per Ives.

I read about that. It's just as well, in my view. A 1 in 6 MLS striker. Meh.

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 10:55 AM
All quiet so far in terms of deals involving TFC.

H Bomb
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Draft is today....we will have something to talk about in 3 hours at the latest! But lets all remember, chances are good that we'll know dick all about the players we draft....so no complaining!!:D

SweetOwnGoal
01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
There are a couple TFC focused live chats scheduled today:

http://24thminute.blogspot.com/2009/01/live-blogging.html

http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=tribune

BuSaPuNk
01-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Draft Tracker on the MLS website: http://web.mlsnet.com/mls/events/superdraft/2009/draft_tracker.jsp

Oldtimer
01-15-2009, 11:51 AM
White, a native of Scarborough, Ontario, holds Canadian citizenship and has expressed interest in playing in Toronto, according to a recent interview with the Toronto Sun.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_connecticuts_obrian_white&prov=goal&type=lgns

canadian_bhoy
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Here's hoping that Mo trades the overrated draft spots for some good talent!

Could be an exciting day - could be a dud.....

we'll see.

Stryker
01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
As per article just posted by Ives:

There were no deals last night (save for RSL sending Dema Kovalenko to Los Angeles in a long-rumored deal for allocation money), but there should be some major moves made before MLS commissioner Don Garber reaches the podium this afternoon at the St. Louis Convention Center.

The Pope
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
from the ives chat

Matt, Seattle: who do you think that the Sounders will select with the first pick?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Ives Galarcep: (1:12 PM ET ) I'd say Seattle is a safe bet to take Zakuani. It doesn't look like they will be dealing the top pick. It isn't for a lack of trying either. They just offered the pick to Toronto, which may be standing pat now.

H Bomb
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
from Sean Keay in the livechat at http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=tribune

skeay: Toronto Fans: There is somthing going on, but its interesting to see how they talk to each other..

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
fascinating, please be for Marshall and maybe a handshake or something

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
marshall + 4

traded for

1 plus allocation money

I would take that, but only if we have an established top level CB coming in from outside the draft.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
apparently we turned it down, but are still possibly up for a trade with Dallas for Serioux

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 01:36 PM
makes sense they just signed Purdy

BFin
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Seattle isn't taking Gonzalez...so I think our trade for Serioux is safe, thus not needing the 1st overall pick.
Just my opinion tho.

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Out of curiosity (open question), if we send our #2 to FCD for Serioux, do you consider that a fair deal?

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Seattle isn't taking Gonzalez...so I think our trade for Serioux is safe, thus not needing the 1st overall pick.
Just my opinion tho.

That sounds like Serioux and Gonzalez at CB with the vet teaching to kid.

BFin
01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Based on the demands of the fan base for playoff soccer, I would say it helps in making this a much more fair deal.

BFin
01-15-2009, 01:41 PM
That sounds like Serioux and Gonzalez at CB with the vet teaching to kid.
No I meant, if FCD wants Gonzalez for Serioux (the rumored deal) then that trade is safe without needing the number 1 pick if MO is sure that Seattle is not taking him.

ensco
01-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Out of curiosity (open question), if we send our #2 to FCD for Serioux, do you consider that a fair deal?

Probably. There is a weird symmetry. We traded Serioux for O'Brien, we traded O'Brien for that pick, now if we trade that pick for Serioux....we're back where we started.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Probably. There is a weird symmetry. We traded Serioux for O'Brien, we traded O'Brien for that pick, now if we trade that pick for Serioux....we're back where we started.

HAHAHA too true

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
No I meant, if FCD wants Gonzalez for Serioux (the rumored deal) then that trade is safe without needing the number 1 pick if MO is sure that Seattle is not taking him.

Lol I noticed that we'Re having the same chat. Ideally, I'd like to see us pick Gonzalez, and trade our 4th pick (plus probably a little something else) for Serioux.

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 01:46 PM

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh :D

BFin
Ya, imagine Serioux and Gonzalez coming out of this draft for TFC with O'Brian White at 13...if we could package a 4 and Marshall for Serioux.
I would be in TFC heaven.

BuSaPuNk
Either way I think getting Serioux is #1 on the list for MoJo.

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Either way I think getting Serioux is #1 on the list for MoJo.

Ha ha! Good job he traded him away to begin with then! :rolleyes:

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Ya, imagine Serioux and Gonzalez coming out of this draft for TFC with O'Brian White at 13...if we could package a 4 and Marshall for Serioux.
I would be in TFC heaven.

Even more ideally, I'd like to see #4 and Vélez (aka. la catastrophia) - that's not really a Spanish word anyway - for Serioux.

Oldtimer

No loss there, plus O'Brien was very good for us (when he was healthy).

Serioux wants to be in T.O., so if this comes to pass, it would be good for him, on our side it would give us a solid defender.

BFin
apaprently mo is having a face to face with steve nicol as we speak...whats New England got?

dantdot
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Ruh Roh, Mo's doing work.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
no clue, can anyone think of their CBs off hand?

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
apaprently mo is having a face to face with steve nicol as we speak...whats New England got?

Saw that too. Funny, I always though they looked alike (is that just me?). New England doesn't really have anything for us do they? They want to keep defenders seeing as to how they lost parkhurst, they'll never give Twellman and we're pretty set in the midfield.

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 01:55 PM
no clue, can anyone think of their CBs off hand?

Albright, Badilla, Heaps, Igwe and Valentino are defenders. They probably can all play at CB since Nicol really has a man-crush for his 3-5-2.

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
those two jocks are probably just discussing irn bru or something.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Albright, Badilla, Heaps, Igwe and Valentino are defenders. They probably can all play at CB since Nicol really has a man-crush for his 3-5-2.

Good point, sounds good to me

DinamoTFC
01-15-2009, 02:00 PM
What link are you guys watching this? The one on tfc homepage isn't on yet.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.justin.tv/cramex

TFC Via Buffalo
Even more ideally, I'd like to see #4 and Vélez (aka. la catastrophia) - that's not really a Spanish word anyway - for Serioux.

That is the best nickname ever. I can now sub that with the 700 different cursewords I yell at him.

I just want to leave this draft better then when it started. I don't think that's asking for much.

denime
http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Ives Galarcep: (1:48 PM ET ) Mo Johnston and Steve Nicol are talking as we speak. Seattle's staff is sitting and waiting at the table, which tells me that maybe they have stopped their shopping and are ready to use the No. 1 pick.

Lucky Strike
What link are you guys watching this? The one on tfc homepage isn't on yet.

I'm personally following with Sean Kay's live blog: he's there in person.

BuSaPuNk
01-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Works now!!

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 02:03 PM
94 viewers on this thread now - a record??!

KrazyKanadian
Anyone see if Deniz is there again? :D

Broadview

Oh! Alexi Lalas insights!

Thanks for the link.

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Sounders are on the clock.

Technorgasm
01-15-2009, 02:04 PM
This is a Canadian Squad. .

Shouldn't we be Dodging this "DRAFT" Business. .

(RE-coils into the corner for being a bad Canadian jokester)

Technorgasm
01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
trader Mo!

DinamoTFC
01-15-2009, 02:06 PM

Thanks. Looks like the TFC one just started working as soon as I asked.

loconet
01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
CB please!

Draft or traded. PLEASE!

Oblio2
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM
CB please!

Draft or traded. PLEASE!

Chris Bosh?

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM
30 seconds for Seattle...

rocktml
01-15-2009, 02:08 PM
snap!
no trade

Lucky Strike
Zakuani is 1st!

Nodoubtguy
Zakauni 1st

canadian_bhoy
I don't know if I can watch this. Alexi Lalas is such a tool it makes me want to puke.

Dunkers
01-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Mo is surely taking Gonzalez

BFin
Zakuani goes #1

SilverSamurai
Crap Lalas is on..
Boo!

Technorgasm
01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
ZAKUANI to Sounders. . NO SURPRISE.

NOW. . . HIT US UP!

Don Garber?

He doesnt care about Toronto!
He Doesnt Care about the FANS!
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER CLUBS
ARE IN THE WRONG HANDS!

zeelaw
Steve Zakuani goes first

BuSaPuNk
Come on trader Mo!!! Anyone else feel like TFC is down by a goal in the last minutes of a game right now??

BFin
gotta be gonzo at #2

TheRenter
comeooooonnnnnnnn....OMAR!

BuSaPuNk
01-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah Gonzo has to be #2

BFin
01-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Mo Is On The Phone According To Skeay!

loconet
01-15-2009, 02:12 PM
here we go......

BuSaPuNk
1 minute mark

dantdot
Key losses eh

Stouffville_RPB
i wouldn't be shocked if frei went now
i heard his stock has gone up considerably

Lucky Strike
Sam Cronin?

H Bomb
new player!!!

Nodoubtguy
01-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Cronin?

Pachuco
Cronin has to be a trade, can't see Mo taking a midfielder

zeelaw
wtf 20 seconds left?

Sab0tage
Interesting.

BuSaPuNk
????

BFin
Cronin!?!?!?

loconet
a mid fielder??

Technorgasm
from WAKE FORREST.

SAM CRONIN (MF)

WELCOME TO TORONTO

Stouffville_RPB
deal in the works guys...relax

TheRenter
woooooow!

canadian_bhoy
Cronin has to be a trade, can't see Mo taking a midfielder

agreed

BuSaPuNk
Has to be part of a trade, mabey the serioux deal?

SilverSamurai
01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know if I can watch this. Alexi Lalas is such a tool it makes me want to puke.

+1 :(:mad::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

TheRenter
01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
that was dumb...cronin would never go #3 as la were picking a D no matter what....la will take gonzo i fear....

Technorgasm
Has to be part of a trade, mabey the serioux deal?

+ 10 major kudos points. . .

COME ON MO!

dantdot
http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Ives Galarcep: (2:12 PM ET ) Before TFC fans go nuts about their team taking a midfielder, I would say it is a safe bet Toronto trades Cronin.

Easy...

Is it just me or is the board slowing down?

TheRenter
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
cronin would of still been there at #4....i don't get it...gonzo is the best D in the draft and we need a CB????

Stouffville_RPB
01-15-2009, 02:17 PM
how long til this thread crashes the server???

TheRenter
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
faaaaaaaaaaack me.....wtf mo?!

Lucky Strike
LA apparently takes Gonzalez.

Pachuco
cronin would of still been there at #4....i don't get it...gonzo is the best D in the draft and we need a CB????

The guy got mixed reviews. I'm not to sure he's going to fair well in the MLS. Apparantly he's really slow. Just what LA needs :)

loconet
In Mo we trust? :(

BFin
so Omar goes 3, does that mean we take Frei 4?
Is Frei a pick we're keeping?

TheRenter
just plain fuckin dumb

Technorgasm
LA . . . . .GRAB GONZO.

this is a rollercaoster. .

BFin
01-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Apparently Nicol wants Cronin, so that means hes headed to New England?

Martin Groove
trade bait fo sho. he is the best non-keeper in the draft... and I have a feeling that Mo is betting LA doesnt take Gonzo :) so he can grab him as well

if he thought this way then he is a tool!

Stouffville_RPB
omar is gone to la...i bet they're thrilled.....assholes

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Cronins bait for sure, i bet Frei is next

Pachuco
just plain fuckin dumb

Honestly, maybe you should save your opinion until we see the bigger picture.

loconet
Peri Marosevic (http://mlsdraft.net/?q=node/9&id=18) next

TheRenter
i just don't get the cronin move.....mo could of had both if he drafted gonzo at 2 and cronin at 4....????....i have no idea who we grab next??? another forward...i just don't get it

dupont
strange draft so far. I hope mo knows what he is doing.

rocker
01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
do any of you guys really know the quality of Cronin and Gonzalez beyond the mixed reports we've read? I mean some of you sound pretty confident in your comments on these picks.

noochie
if he thought this way then he is a tool!

LA wanted a MF... they took Gonzalez because he was the best available... now Mo can take Frei.

Oldtimer
just plain fuckin dumb

nahhh. He's trade bait for sure.

flatpicker
I have to say... I really do appreciate TFC for broadcasting this on their website!
Very cool!

and on we go!

Shaughno
Apparently Nicol wants Cronin, so that means hes headed to New England?

I would think that was probably the 'talks' that Mo had with Nicol.

Marco2K
WOOO

Im nervous.

I hope Mo knows what he is going.

Omar seems to have been the right pick. Lets see what happeans now

BuSaPuNk
01-15-2009, 02:22 PM
O'Brien White this early??

nfitz
White it is ...

Lucky Strike
O'Brien White at #4??!?!?!?!

Ossington Mental Youth
Guess Obrien was coveted by someone else

TheRenter
omg.....wtf...you could of had him at 13 mo.....fuck me

Shaughno
i just don't get the cronin move.....mo could of had both if he drafted gonzo at 2 and cronin at 4....????....i have no idea who we grab next??? another forward...i just don't get it

No way, LA would have taken Cronin for sure.

BFin
01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
O'brian white...that must mean the trade involves #2 and #13...or else MO has lost his mind.

Technorgasm
01-15-2009, 02:23 PM
STOP freakin talking and show our man!!!
(AGAIN)

rocker
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM

you could see the future?

how do you know he'd have been available then?

how do you know TFC even will have the 13th pick? let's see how the trades come out.

Lucky Strike
I still want Serioux though, somehow...

Pachuco

WTF do you know? are you there? seriuosly man, get a clue

Shaughno
Guess Obrien was coveted by someone else

That's my guess, he wouldn't have used that pick for White unless he felt it was comprimised.

rocktml
01-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Trade to be made soon.....

Flipityflu
notice that white was not limping or anything. hopefully thats a good sign of a nice recovery.

Martin Groove
well now we see if all this trade talk right, here is dallas, lets see if he moves the midfielder, maybe dallas wanted the mf for sure

H Bomb
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
we've been hoping for White for over a year. Lets hope he works out! He's real young, can recover from injury.

Martin Groove
01-15-2009, 02:27 PM
blah, i dont know why i watch this, just to bring new levels of stress in regards to the club lol

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 02:28 PM
notice that white was not limping or anything. hopefully thats a good sign of a nice recovery.

Im thinking Winsper can put him into shape in no time.

Martin Groove
01-15-2009, 02:29 PM
we've been hoping for White for over a year. Lets hope he works out! He's real young, can recover from injury.

thats understandable, to give the kid a shot, if he worked his butt off to have a healthy comeback, then he could be something really really good, its the MF selection that brings about questions, but hey, lets see what happens, then make this a 24 page thread on how we cant believe what MO did at the draft lol

Technorgasm
01-15-2009, 02:29 PM

From what I understaood of our needs it went something like this

1. CB
2. FWD

SO. . . What the hell happened.

This gamble betternot blow up in our face.
WE took a Canadian though, that helps.

dantdot
01-15-2009, 02:30 PM
More bandwidth required ahhhhh

Martin Groove
01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
More bandwidth required ahhhhh

now is a perfect time to start a donations accepted for the message board thread lol

Flipityflu

exactly. i'm happy we got him.

Pachuco
I'm really exited about White, many people rated this guy #1 last year. He simply got hurt, he's young, he'll recover quickly.

joel
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM

sure thing..expert!

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Ives Galarcep: (2:20 PM ET ) Toronto FC takes O'Brien White with the No. 4 overall pick.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Ives Galarcep: (2:21 PM ET ) A few things. First, White signed a contract with MLS last night, so there will be no issues with him not signing. Secondly, White would not have been there at No. 13 for Toronto. A few teams were very high on White and were ready to look past his recent ACL surgery to grab him early.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Ives Galarcep: (2:22 PM ET ) For those unfamiliar with White, he was the 2007 Hermann Award winner and would have been a Top Three pick in last year's draft had he come out. A serious knee injury last fall put his future in doubt, but he is on the road to recovery and is expected to be back by June. He's definitely a long-term pick, and being from Toronto he makes perfect sense.

H Bomb
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
From what I understaood of our needs it went something like this

1. CB
2. FWD

SO. . . What the hell happened.

This gamble betternot blow up in our face.
WE took a Canadian though, that helps.

I don't like drafting kids as CB's. Maybe Mo has the same thinking. There will be more changes, Cb=Veteran, Fwd=O'Brien White

BuSaPuNk
01-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah still happy with White I guess smarter to take him now instead of hoping he wasn't picked and available at #13. Now where is our CB??

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 02:35 PM
193 viewing - nice!

olegunnar

He better
Or else White will be 24 or 25 by the time he plays his first pro game. He's an "old" rookie.

Here's hoping he's great for us if we keep him, but because of his age and injury I think he's a risk.

BakaGaijin

He should be back at full speed sometime early this year. ACL surgury has come a long way.

Ossington Mental Youth
There ya have it folks

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
If OW was going to be taken by the time we used our 13th pick, then I'm all for getting him now. Still kinda puzzled by Cronin but if he apprentices with Robbo, I guess we can have Batman and Cronin.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 02:37 PM
193 viewing - nice!

Mo has FUCKED UP big time with this draft. Cronin was a wank choice, Mo is now relying on being able to trade him for someone good that we need, but i don;t think he'll be able to.

OBW would have been a good choice later on, but with our 2nd and 4th picks Mo has selected two payers WHO HAVEN'T GOT A FUCKIGN PRAYER OF SETTING FOOT ON THE FUCKING PITCH ALL SEASON.

KILL MO!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre not serious are you?

AL-MO
5 minute time out?

WTF?!?

Ossington Mental Youth
Cronin is tradebait

Shaughno
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
193 viewing - nice!

Mo has FUCKED UP big time with this draft. Cronin was a wank choice, Mo is now relying on being able to trade him for someone good that we need, but i don;t think he'll be able to.

OBW would have been a good choice later on, but with our 2nd and 4th picks Mo has selected two payers WHO HAVEN'T GOT A FUCKIGN PRAYER OF SETTING FOOT ON THE FUCKING PITCH ALL SEASON.

KILL MO!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is an ounce of seriousness in that post, then you should be shot.:rolleyes:

Nodoubtguy
People....you may not be happy with Cronin being drafted.....but lets not forget that Mo drafted some kid named Josmer Altidore in the 2nd round once so I give MO the benefit of the doubt.

Pachuco
193 viewing - nice!

KILL MO!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Mo trades Cronin for a proven CB, I'll shove this post right up your ass.

TheRenter
WTF do you know? are you there? seriuosly man, get a clue

i know that no one wants a player who said he wants to go to toronto in the draft or he'll look at europe....a guy who's injured....and a guy who counts as an itn'l on any other club....so piss off

dantdot
No offense Oklahoma, stay classy.

rocktml
Trade comming up between DC United and TFC

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 02:39 PM
OMY - no, I'm angry dude! OBW is out for the season, so we;re told. So he won;t be on the pitch all season. Cronin has no prayer fo getting in ahead of RObbo, and/or he'll be traded, so he won;t be on the field all seaosn either. we could have got Gonzalez, we could have got frei. instead what have we got? Someone we don't want or need, and a player who we hope can recover and become good. not exactly a good outcome compared to what it could have been.

i grant you that Mo may turn it into something a lot better, you have to give him that. but off the bat, it's a fuck up to me.

nfitz
Mo has FUCKED UP big time with this draft.I'm always amazed at the audacity of amateurs to so quickly challenge the choices of someone whose track-record at this is as good as anyones, and far better than those criticizing him.

H Bomb
But lets all remember, chances are good that we'll know dick all about the players we draft....so no complaining!!:D

didn't think i'd have to repost this already :D

Stencils
193 viewing - nice!

KILL MO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax. I don't think there's any way he would have taken a MF if an agreed upon deal hadn't already been laid out OR he know something we don't. Say what you want about Mo, but he's not an inexperienced trader.

No guarantee that White would have been available later, and with the domestic player requirements, getting GOOD Canadian talent is KEY. We really can't afford to let the good Canadian players get away. It's that simple.

Oblio2
01-15-2009, 02:40 PM
193 viewing - nice!

KILL MO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back to bed

Oldtimer
193 viewing - nice!

KILL MO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure Mo worked out the deal before he made the pick.

AL-MO
Didn't know Party Boy played footy.

Pachuco
01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
OMY - no, I'm angry dude! OBW is out for the season, so we;re told. So he won;t be on the pitch all season. Cronin has no prayer fo getting in ahead of RObbo, and/or he'll be traded, so he won;t be on the field all seaosn either. we could have got Gonzalez, we could have got frei. instead what have we got? Someone we don't want or need, and a player who we hope can recover and become good. not exactly a good outcome compared to what it could have been.

i grant you that Mo may turn it into something a lot better, you have to give him that. but off the bat, it's a fuck up to me.

BULLSHIT, White is supposed to be ready by June.

.J.B.
we shouldve used these picks as bargaining chips, we don't have time for developing rookies... oh well this is still fun

Jack
Seriously guys. At the MLS draft you're not doing to address team needs. Very few MLS rookies can step in and be impact players.

So you draft the best players available at each pick. That's what Mo's been doing so far.

He's picked up some good assets so far.

Hitcho
When Mo trades Cronin for a proven CB, I'll shove this post right up your ass.

please do. and i hope mo can make a good trade with cronin. but it;s a gamble, as is our 2nd pick. that worries me because it could blow up in our face, and then we may be wishing we had selected gonzalez and frei.

Lucky Strike
Trade comming up between DC United and TFC

Says who?

canadian_bhoy
LOL!

Chris Pontius!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/GreenDayWhore101/partyboy.bmp

olegunnar
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM

fyi

He's older than Marvell Wynne

Technorgasm
Draft picks dont mean players.

EVeryone take a chilllax pill.

Ossington Mental Youth

Obrien was out for 6 months... IN OCTOBER, count the months, thats not the whole season besides he wont be starting anyways.
As for Cronin, i can guarantee he wont be here, hes trade bait. Gonzalez wouldnt start and we need a CB in that position. Dude, slow down and let the draft play out. If we are still in this position on the first day of the season you have every right but NONE of these drafts are proven talent, they are all a gamble with rising and falling stock.

Hitcho
BULLSHIT, White is supposed to be ready by June.

If OBW is fit by June (fkirst I heard of it) and he can get back playing to his top level, then it might yet be a good move. but there are two big ifs in there. even if they both work out, we still don;t know if OBW could make it at pro level. so you have to concede it;s a big gamble, however it turns out.

rocker
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
please do. and i hope mo can make a good trade with cronin. but it;s a gamble, as is our 2nd pick. that worries me because it could blow up in our face, and then we may be wishing we had selected gonzalez and frei.

Sam Cronin was highly rated.. one of the few "sure things" according to experts. even if Cronin stays, he's not any more a risk than any other draft pick.

SLBuu
Cronin is tradebait

thats what i was thinking........ or we could use him as cover for the international break.

Pachuco

Right Gonzales, the one who got mixed reviews at the combine, the one we are told is very slow. that's exactly what we need playing beside Marshall or Velez, two other slow guys. Come one man, let the day play out, and if nothing happens, then I'll be on your side.

Beach_Red
Seriously guys. At the MLS draft you're not doing to address team needs. Very few MLS rookies can step in and be impact players.

So you draft the best players available at each pick. That's what Mo's been doing so far.

He's picked up some good assets so far.

Yes. That's the best draft strategy - pick the best player available, regardless of position.

And, like you say, none of these players are for the 2009 season.

Technorgasm
Eddie Vedder has a better chance of making an impact this year for the Sounders than Freddie Ljundberg."........

rocker
Ok look, I'm entitled to my opinion too dude, so chill the fuck out.

what ? you screamed in text saying "KILL MO!!!!" and you're telling others to chill?? hahahahahha

I think maybe you need to chill.

Chewy Unikronik
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Go back to bed
LOLOLOL!!!!!!

Parkdale
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm sure Mo worked out the deal before he made the pick.

that would be the logical deduction.

think I'm going for another cup of tea. something to relax with.

H Bomb
01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
fyi

He's older than Marvell Wynne

who is young. We have to stop comparing American College talent to European talent. US guys haven't put nearly the miles under their legs than a player of the same age in Europe. It's not a fair comparison. O Brian White has young legs, I'm not that worried about the surgery long term...the turf however

Stouffville_RPB
what is over/under on how many pages this thread ends up being?

27.5?

SLBuu
a cup of tea does sound pretty good right now.

Broadview
OW spent more time at UConn than he did in Canada...there's a good chance he's got a green card and counts as American in MLS terms.

nfitz
01-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Any thoughts on who Toronto should/would/could take at 13? (great minds think alike - my pot is steeping!)

Azerban
01-15-2009, 02:46 PM
the sky is falling the sky is falling

oh god the sky is falling

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Obrien was out for 6 months... IN OCTOBER, count the months, thats not the whole season besides he wont be starting anyways.
As for Cronin, i can guarantee he wont be here, hes trade bait. Gonzalez wouldnt start and we need a CB in that position. Dude, slow down and let the draft play out. If we are still in this position on the first day of the season you have every right but NONE of these drafts are proven talent, they are all a gamble with rising and falling stock.

what i heard (and i am no doctor so i have to go by what info comes to me) OBW was going to miss the whole season. if he's back half way through, the gamble is less, but we still need to hope he recovers fulyl and can do well at this level, even if that happens. now i know its a draft and there are no first teamers walking around (save maybe edu 2 years ago but even that was with an expansion side) but when you look at what we could have done instead with those 2 picks, i am worried about what mo has done.

i hope i am wrong, i hope he stuns us all by getting a kick ass established player with Cronin. but you can see why there are concerns right now, no?

but yeah, let;s see how it plays out. mo has got a repuataion, got to give him a chance, i agree.

SLBuu
OW spent more time at UConn than he did in Canada...there's a good chance he's got a green card and counts as American in MLS terms.

he is of jamaican and Canadian decent...... he wont count as an international unless he plays for another National Team other than canada.

BakaGaijin

He had surgury in November. Pro atheletes can now recover from this surgury in 3 months. He'll be doing light drills at training camp.

loconet
so how soon could we hear about trades/deals?

Chewy Unikronik
01-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Up next... Chee-Vass

JonO
he is of jamaican and Canadian decent...... he wont count as an international unless he plays for another National Team other than canada.
???

Anyway, I doubt he has a green card - they're not easy to obtain. He was probably on a student visa (all guessing, no actual knowledge)

Hitcho
what ? you screamed in text saying "KILL MO!!!!" and you're telling others to chill?? hahahahahha

I think maybe you need to chill.

hehe, well i wasn't serious about killing mo, but i see that it may have come across that way given my post. it was mroe of a pun on the classic "fire mo" posts we always see on here.

noochie
Frei may fall to 13?? cant be... can it :)

TheRenter
01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
this draft is very unpredictable.....no frei chivas....???

Stouffville_RPB
Any thoughts on who Toronto should/would/could take at 13? (great minds think alike - my pot is steeping!)

Frei if he's there, or best available

Chewy Unikronik
i hope i am wrong.
No. You are.

Lucky Strike
I'm astonished that Chivas didn't take Frei. they went with Lahoud instead.

JonO
01-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Surprised that Chivas didn't take Frei considering the noise about it.... No wonder it's impossible to get a handle on this draft

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 02:52 PM
what i heard (and i am no doctor so i have to go by what info comes to me) OBW was going to miss the whole season. if he's back half way through, the gamble is less, but we still need to hope he recovers fulyl and can do well at this level, even if that happens. now i know its a draft and there are no first teamers walking around (save maybe edu 2 years ago but even that was with an expansion side) but when you look at what we could have done instead with those 2 picks, i am worried about what mo has done.

i hope i am wrong, i hope he stuns us all by getting a kick ass established player with Cronin. but you can see why there are concerns right now, no?

but yeah, let;s see how it plays out. mo has got a repuataion, got to give him a chance, i agree.

Sorry man i still cant see it. Ive been trying to find an article but the mlsdraft.net blog is too distracting. Im still pretty confident in the drafts only because last year was a dose of realism for me. I dont think any of these guys will have an instant impact and Mo has a great record (the majority tends to agree) as far as drafting is concerned. Like i said, its still early days...

TheRenter
i think toronto will go w/ marshall....but then again i'm completely confused by the pics we've made so far....i like OW but he would of been there at 13....although pachuco knows best...lol

ensco
If we can somehow get Frei at 13, that would make me feel great about White at 4 (although I'm happy with White)

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Right Gonzales, the one who got mixed reviews at the combine, the one we are told is very slow. that's exactly what we need playing beside Marshall or Velez, two other slow guys. Come one man, let the day play out, and if nothing happens, then I'll be on your side.

i thought gonzalez blew out the supposition he was slow at the combine, but i see your point. either way if we're to stand a chance of winning something in 2009, we need an established CB to come in, not gonzalez.

if this draft blows up in Mo's face then with the icks he had, he;s going to be under massive pressure. that's what worries me, because season 3 is kind of key for us when you look at our squad and the ages of the core players.

Technorgasm
01-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Nyrb Are Shite

Lucky Strike
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
NER picks Alston in 10th

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
No. You are.

Hah, whatever dude. Can you pick the lottery numbers too?

Wagner
01-15-2009, 02:55 PM
whoever they draft in the next 10 seconds is Shite.

Hitcho
alston might be a good pick for NER. one for the future though.

TheRenter
if we get frei then edwards or sutton has to go....as frei can step right in it has been said....i don't see why we grab frei except for in a trade....but he hasn't gone yet so i don't see why all the attention for him (i mean chivas needs a goalie and they don't take him + he
s from cali....????............yohance is the best defender/CB left

ensco
so two more teams pick before us now - the top ranked names that haven't gone yet are Frei and Jeremy Hall - will they both be gone before 13?

JonO
01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
i think toronto will go w/ marshall....but then again i'm completely confused by the pics we've made so far....i like OW but he would of been there at 13....although pachuco knows best...lol
You don't know that - easy to make an assumption from where we are sitting, but Mo's been at the draft chatting with the other teams. This is just an example of us having to make a move we may not have made if it weren't for the restriction on the number of Americans that we are allowed...

That said -I'm happy with White and hope Mo has more up his sleeve...

Ossington Mental Youth

Pachuco and Me and Ives etc etc
dude, other teams wanted OBW, its a fact

AL-MO
i thought gonzalez blew out the supposition he was slow at the combine, but i see your point. either way if we're to stand a chance of winning something in 2009, we need an established CB to come in, not gonzalez.

if this draft blows up in Mo's face then with the icks he had, he;s going to be under massive pressure. that's what worries me, because season 3 is kind of key for us when you look at our squad and the ages of the core players.

He will not be under pressure because of the draft. He will be under pressure, if he does not add some veteran players and get us to the playoffs.

ChrisLav
01-15-2009, 02:57 PM
TFC TV is updated with a draft profile on Sam Cronin already

Ossington Mental Youth
i doubt even if we a) draft a cb and b) keep that CB that they will start, we will look elsewhere for a CB like someone who has experience

Wagner
Hall is shite.

eustacchio
01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Jeremy Hall is shite

TheRenter
fack you hall...hahahaha....the red bull are shite!! hall is shite!!!

Technorgasm
1. FWD- Steve Zakuani *- Seattle
2. MID - Sam Cronin - Toronto
3. DF - Omar Gonzalez *- LA
4. FWD - O’Brain White - Toronto
5. FWD - Peri Marosevic *- Dallas
6. MID- Rodney Wallace *- DC
7. MID / FWD - Chris Pontius - DC
8. DF - MATT BESLER - KC
9. MID - Michael Lahoud - CHVAS
10. DF - KEVIN ALSTON *- NER
11. MID - JEREMY HALL *- NYRB

Red bulls are shitE

, and no championsship, silverware, Win or Goal WILL EVER CHANGE THAT!

Hitcho
the thing with OBW is only time will tell if Mo was genius or fool to pick him at 4. he's got to recover from a serious injury and then prove he can live up to the hype, so added risk from a normal draft pick. Mo is usually pretty astute though, so we just have to hope he got it right.

if it works out, he'll be a local hero, the best kind! :D

TheRenter
01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
hall had a bad combine

Pigfynn
Frei will go now

Pachuco
fack you hall...hahahaha....the red bull are shite!!

Holy Shites, we agree on something ;)

Shaughno
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
the thing with OBW is only time will tell if Mo was genius or fool to pick him at 4. he's got to recover from a serious injury and then prove he can live up to the hype, so added risk from a normal draft pick. Mo is usually pretty astute though, so we just have to hope he got it right.

if it works out, he'll be a local hero, the best kind! :D

Curious, how would he be a 'local' hero?

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
frei has to be ours at 13 if he doesn;t go to RSL. they must be scratching their heads thinking "well we were going to pick this guy, but hell, we'll take this top rated keeper instead!"

SLBuu
01-15-2009, 03:01 PM
why do we 'need' frei?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I think RSL has enough depth in goal, if im not mistaken

Hitcho
01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Curious, how would he be a 'local' hero?

ok, it's tenuous, but he "could" play for Canada (not will) and in MLS terms, canada is local for toronto.

not quite in the de rosario mould, but good enough for me if he becomes a TFC legend.

TheRenter
pure speculation here but #13 to chivas, to toronto - bornstein + 2nd rd pick

Parkdale
wow....