PDA

View Full Version : We need a CB! or 2

Axeman
01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Where's the defence? :noidea:
Yes DeRo has everyone excited, but where's the Centre-back that gives opposition forwards nightmares?
Where's our Tough, Scary Defender that will solidify a quality lineup?
Wynne and Brennan are a wonderful pair of defenders on the flanks but we need a big center back aka Jason DeVos type. that will get the ball in the air play tough, and will give us the kind of stability that will rub off on the other players.
Everyone seems sold on getting more forwards but for my vote go get a big CB, or 2. and god forbid use a DP slot on it and truly solidfy this team.:canada:

wzhxvy
01-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Maybe in the summer...winter is the off season, does not make sense for MO to make a move when he should...he needs to find the right guy...but maybe he will find a CB before the summer...but what if he can not find the right guy...we are not sure really.

Flipityflu
01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
hmmmmm, maybe one should wait until after the expansion draft to complain...

we have draft picks teams want. those teams have players we want.

wzhxvy
01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I have been waiting for Mo for 3 years...2 more weeks wont kill me

Canadian Blue
01-10-2009, 04:21 PM
2 CB's you say?

Well Canadian_Bhoy and myself can probably do the job for a game or two....

Pachuco
01-10-2009, 05:11 PM
contrary to what alot of people think here, I personally think Marshall is good enough for this league. I do believe we need 2 CBs, but one that's a starter and one that can be a good backup to Marshall and future CB.

rocker
01-10-2009, 05:31 PM
chris Bosh?

Stryker
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I personally think Marshall is good enough for this league

You've got quite an eye for talent.
I mean he was only defender of the year and a member of the MLS Allstars a few seasons ago.
:rolleyes:

trane
01-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I think Marshall was the best of our CBs, other then Tebily. However, he hardly played error free football. CB is a position of great need of upgrade. I have to say this saying that Marshall is good enough for this league, is true, but misleading, as most CBs in this league are pure shite. Two quality CBs would go a long way for us.

jloome
01-10-2009, 06:33 PM
I mean he was only defender of the year and a member of the MLS Allstars a few seasons ago.

He was a younger, faster, stronger player. He's still a good defender, but he's not a backline leader anymore. We need that.

Stryker
01-10-2009, 06:54 PM
He was a younger, faster, stronger player. He's still a good defender, but he's not a backline leader anymore. We need that.

I totally agree with you, but the very notion that he's not good enough for the league is laughable.
Even with the concentration lapses he'd still make a top 10 CB list.

CretanBull
01-10-2009, 07:25 PM
2 CB's you say?

Well Canadian_Bhoy and myself can probably do the job for a game or two....

I feel left out :(

Pachuco
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I totally agree with you, but the very notion that he's not good enough for the league is laughable.
Even with the concentration lapses he'd still make a top 10 CB list.

I don't get it, who said he wasn't good enough for this league? Not me that's for sure.

Pachuco
01-10-2009, 09:21 PM

I agree, and that's why I'm saying we need 1 starting CB not necessarily 2. Marshall is good enough in my books to start on our back line this year.

J .
01-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I like Marshall as a backup. I would play Harmse over him right now.

But yeah, we need two new CBs this year. Preferably not from the draft, but game ready.

Pachuco
01-10-2009, 09:23 PM

So you agree with me but yet you type a smart ass remark? You look real smart right now.