PDA

View Full Version : DERO speaks from his website

deltox
01-09-2009, 01:51 PM
De Ro answers questions from fans

http://www.dwaynederosario.com/files/b220ec57acff3d3f7de2d2d0f3317c32611819cb.jpg
Q: What do you remember about playing in Toronto when you were a teenager? Where did you play? Which team is in your minds from that time? Herberth a Soccer coach in Scarbourough
A: Toronto has a large and knowledgeable soccer community. I Started playing for the Blizzard then St. Andrew & Malvern (Majic) & G.S United. Anyone that was around for those years can tell you about our team, the Mavern Majic, and our great accomplishments. It was really a family and I enjoyed every one of those years. I hope that soccer in Scarborough can establish itself as back in the days.

Q: You always wear Puma boots. Do you ever wear round studded boots instead of the bladed type? What about for natural grass instead of Fieldturf? Thank you and welcome home!
De Ro: Puma is my personal sponsor and enjoy wearing there product and boots. Most of the boots made today are made with the blades, especially the lighter style of boots. I prefer to Always play on natural grass! Thanks

Q: Do you still have family in the Toronto area?
De Ro: Yes I have a lot of family in and around Toronto and I’m looking forward to having them around and supporting me during my games.

deltox
01-09-2009, 01:53 PM
De Ro: Yes I have a lot of family in and around Toronto and I’m looking forward to having them around and supporting me during my games.

sounds positive to me

TFC OZZ
01-09-2009, 02:40 PM
"I prefer to Always play on natural grass!"

-hahaha

Wagner
01-09-2009, 03:16 PM
sounds promising.
:D

massive_magpie
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
How about a 'Don't worry I'm 100% playing for TFC and we're bringing home the cup' comment?

giambac
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
How about a 'Don't worry I'm 100% playing for TFC and we're bringing home the cup' comment?

Yes,

he isn't saying the things you would expect a player to say if he was all excited about coming here. Something doesn't add up and all the hush around his signing is making it akward. I get a weird feeling about this whole thing.

Big Bruva
01-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Thats my team lol well done DD

[quote=deltox;325027]De Ro answers questions from fans

A: Toronto has a large and knowledgeable soccer community. I Started playing for the Blizzard then St. Andrew & Malvern (Majic) & G.S United. Anyone that was around for those years can tell you about our team, the Mavern Majic, and our great accomplishments. It was really a family and I enjoyed every one of those years. I hope that soccer in Scarborough can establish itself as back in the days.

Derko
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes,

he isn't saying the things you would expect a player to say if he was all excited about coming here. Something doesn't add up and all the hush around his signing is making it akward. I get a weird feeling about this whole thing.

It is a little eerie and strange, the somewhat cool vibe I feel.
I certainly hope I am proved wrong, wouldn't you agree?

loconet
01-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Also on the homepage..

"
I hope every one had a happy and safe holiday season and is ready for 2009. I am looking forward to a very exciting year on and off the field. Thanks again for your support, and stay tuned right here to Dwaynederosario.com as I will take you through the pre-season with my new team as we prepare for the upcoming season.
I also just wanted to give a heads up to everyone in the Orlando area to check out the Kick It 3 v 3 Soccer World Championships (http://3v3world.com/) that will be held January 16-18, Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, at the Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex. I’m involved with MLS WORKS, which will have a presence at…"

TFC OZZ
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
??

Honestly, you guys are thinking wayyyyy too hard about this. The website asked him three simple questions about his earlier soccer career, what kind of shoes he wears, and the fact that he has family in Toronto.

Pachuco
01-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I have no doubt he'll be with us in 2009. 2010 is another story.

Martin Groove
01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
??

Honestly, you guys are thinking wayyyyy too hard about this. The website asked him three simple questions about his earlier soccer career, what kind of shoes he wears, and the fact that he has family in Toronto.

seriously people, go shovel your driveways!

tfc
01-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Soccercentral just had an interview with Carver - He is really excited for DeRo to be at training camp February 1. He did not seem concerned even in the slightest.

TorCanSoc
01-10-2009, 01:04 PM
More I read stuff. More I "read into them", which leads directly to mis-reading them. Horrible.

What I consider out biggest signing, and the FO is this silent? This leads to all the reading between the lines kind of scrutiny. Personally I think he is going to be in a TFC uniform for sure.

BlizzardBhoy
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Toronto needs some good investigative football journalists!

SweetOwnGoal
01-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Why? half of you would accuse him or her of making it up anyway...

;)

http://24thminute.blogspot.com/search/label/DeRo

I'm very confident in my information. Even more confident in it than when I first started to post it. Whether the number is $600,000 or $500,000 or something else the reality is that there is a gap.

BOTH camps what this done. Both are still working at it. But, you don't have to read between lines to realize that there is still work to be done. With all the noise--from bloggers AND the mainstream--do you not think TFC would have made a statement to shut it down by now? Even a flip line on here from mlsintoronto...