PDA

View Full Version : A statement from Dwayne De Rosario to Houston fans.

tfcmanu
01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
This statement says it all... he will be with TFC this season, no worries.

listen to statement @ 42min:25sec

http://790thesportsanimal.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=glenndavis.xml

sulfur
01-09-2009, 10:36 AM
for those of us that can't listen to stuff today... can we get a quick summary besides "no worries"? :)

Ageroo
01-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Actually at 45min:48sec

Stencils
01-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I'll type it up once I've got it dl'd.

Ageroo
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Just really thanking the houston organization, fans, etc.....said was a tough decision, but better for himself and his family to make the move....in a nut shell......only a couple of minutes...

Stencils
01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Slightly (very slightly) paraphrased.

"Hi, this is Dwayne de Rosario saying a warm and sincere thank you to the Dynamo organization, to the great media here in Houston, including yourself, for the tremendous support that you have shown, not only for myself but here in Houston and for soccer in MLS, to the large soccer community, to my players. You know we've shared some great memories on and off the field, it was definitely a family, and to the wonderful coaching staff that I was very fortunate to play under.

Dominic Kinnear, I consider him as a great friend of mine, and playing under John Spencer and sharing a lot of his knowledge and passion for the game, he passed that on to me. I'm very grateful for that.

Last and definitely not least, to the wonderful passionate fans here in Houston. I'll never forget the drive they made from Houston to DC and when the bus didn't actually make it we were still able to celebrate with them at the after party and those are memories that definitely will stay in my mind and my heart forever.

From our transition from San Jose to Houston my family and I have come to know the true meaning of southern hospitality and I thank you very much for that for the memories and definitely hold a special place in my heart and I wish for continued success to the Dynamo and the fans, all the best in the Champions League coming up. I will definitely be following it and I hope that you guys get a stadium because you definitely deserve it.

Thanks again for your passion towards soccer and the MLS, for your passion towards the Dynamo, and to my family and myself.

It's a tough decision for me to leave but it's one that I felt was right for myself and for my family and I'd like to thank Dominic Kinnear for being open to that. I look very much forward to when we meat again, when we play each other, and you guys will always hold a special part in my thoughts and in my heart, so take care and best wishes."

Shakes McQueen
01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
It's a tough decision for me to leave but it's one that I felt was right for myself and for my family and I'd like to thank Dominic Kinnear for being open to that. I look very much forward to when we meat again, when we play each other, and you guys will always hold a special part in my thoughts and in my heart, so take care and best wishes."

If that's the case, then it sounds like reports that he asked to be allowed to come to Toronto were correct.

- Scott

Canadian Blue
01-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I just find it odd that they have a radio program yet we are forced to do the (currently MIA) Red Patch Live on our own.