PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Thursday , Jan.08

denime
01-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Curious case of De Rosario
Ryan Johnston

Back in January of 2007 soccer popstar David Beckham showed the rest of the world that there was money to made in Major League Soccer. It turned conventional thinking on its head and gave the up-'til-then-abiding-player populous a new lease on their professional lives. ...

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2009/01/07/johnston_derosario/)

Dunivant ready for preseason
Reds defender back after ankle injury

Todd Dunivant has stepped up his training and continues to make good progress in his recovery from an ankle injury that kept him out of action last season. Dunivant was restricted to just nine MLS appearances for the Reds in 2008 and was ruled out from mid June. He is now back training at BMO Field and started running this week. ...

Read more (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090107&content_id=211070&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

David Beckham coming to Toronto
by: Ben Rycroft

This is huge breaking news. I can barely contain myself to stop, take a breathe and tell you that David Beckham is moving to Toronto to play for the Toronto FC. General Manager Mo Johnston confirmed it himself late last night. He will be arriving in Toronto immediately following his loan to AC Milan.
Yep, that should be about enough text to fill up the pre-description. ...

Read more (http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/163780)

MLS announces 2009 Generation adidas signings

MLS announced Wednesday the 2009 class of Generation adidas players that will enter the professional ranks for the 2009 MLS season. MLS teams and adidas identified nine players and signed them to MLS contracts before the completion of their NCAA eligibility. All are eligible to be selected in the upcoming 2009 MLS SuperDraft. ...

read more (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=607512&cc=5901)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

sidvan
01-08-2009, 08:26 AM
morning Denime, thanks for the effort

Stouffville_RPB
01-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Good morning,

I can't say how happy I am to hear about Dunivat.

Hugh Jazz
01-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Me too, his work ethic seems great and we need him on the left side.

scooter
01-08-2009, 09:32 AM
mornin
dunivant is great news
i didnt risk checking out the sg should i ?

Stouffville_RPB
01-08-2009, 10:12 AM
mornin
dunivant is great news

i'd say good call.

Stryker
01-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Hope thats a tasty beer Ben Rycroft won himself today. It just cost him what little journalistic integrity he had and made himself look like a complete wank to boot.

James17930
01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Hope thats a tasty beer Ben Rycroft won himself today. It just cost him his what little journalistic integrity he had and made himself look like a complete wank to boot.

No kidding.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Hope thats a tasty beer Ben Rycroft won himself today. It just cost him what little journalistic integrity he had and made himself look like a complete wank to boot.
Agreed. That seems like the sort of article you write up in the five minutes before the deadline. There's nothing of any substance in the whole piece.

Stouffville_RPB
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Agreed. That seems like the sort of article you write up in the five minutes before the deadline. There's nothing of any substance in the whole piece.

you read the whole thing? why?

Carts
01-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Agreed! This is brutal...!!!

Could you imagine TSN or Sportsnet running headlines "...Sidney Crosby traded to the Leafs for a package of draft picks and prospect..." roll headlines, start the show with Sidney's picture and say "...sorry, that's not true, we just needed a raitings boost!". Could you imagine the public outcry over that...???

The editor who allowed that to go to print should be embarrassed & possibly fired - as well as the guy who wrote it...

Carts...

Stryker
01-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Im happy to see you guys agree with this. I know I'm completely outraged by it.
Considering all the DP talk thats going on within the TFC fanbase at the moment I find this article to be both completely irresponsible and irrehensible.
I propose that the Red Patch boys band together with the other supporter groups and block all links to this hacks articles from this day forward.
You wanna play games Mr. Rycroft? Fine, kiss half your readership goodbye.

Stouffville_RPB
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Agreed! This is brutal...!!!

Could you imagine TSN or Sportsnet running headlines "...Sidney Crosby traded to the Leafs for a package of draft picks and prospect..." roll headlines, start the show with Sidney's picture and say "...sorry, that's not true, we just needed a raitings boost!". Could you imagine the public outcry over that...???

The editor who allowed that to go to print should be embarrassed & possibly fired - as well as the guy who wrote it...

Carts...

Didn't a Toronto newspaper have an article that stated Gretzky was traded to the Leafs years ago?

Stryker
01-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Didn't a Toronto newspaper have an article that stated Gretzky was traded to the Leafs years ago?

I don't know of the article your speaking about but I do know that at one time the Leafs did persue Grets. Current GM's found the asking price was just to high and he ended up with the Rangers.

CretanBull
01-08-2009, 11:31 AM
mornin
dunivant is great news

She's hot-ish...better than what we've seen lately.

Technorgasm
01-08-2009, 12:52 PM
DUni is BACK!

sweeeeeeet, like microwave smores

Will this effect our quest for a new center back to shore up the back line?

Would Jimmy B be a good candidate to fill that spot should we fail to land one?

Technorgasm
01-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Dunivant has commented "We have the best training staff in the league"

Other than Paul Winsper, and Carmelo Loube. . who do we have?

Hitcho
01-08-2009, 01:14 PM
^ Carver and, as of today, Toshack. I think it;s a pretty good set up, although "best" is quite a claim.

Very glad to see TD back though, we've yet to see the best of him and it gives us a lot more depth on the left hand side. I think we'll see Brennan at left mid before we see him at CB though. Having JB and TD overlapping on the left will be very good for TFC, we were lacking that for most of last season.

Shaughno
01-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, but at the same time Dunivant has seen a few of the leagues set ups. I'd take his opinion over... say Blanco's on the same subject.

nascarguy
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
this is funny "quote"
David Beckham walks into a sperm donor bank, "I'd like to donate some sperm" he says to the receptionist. "Certainly Sir" replies the receptionist, "have you donated before?". "Yes" replies Beckham "you should have my details on your computer". "Oh yes, I've found your details" says the receptionist "but I see you're going to need help. Shall I call Posh Spice for you?" "Why do I need help?" asks Beckham. The receptionist replies "Well David, it says on your record that you're a useless wanker...."

denime
01-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Toronto FC adds goalie coach

THE CANADIAN PRESS
Canadian Michael Toshack was hired as the goalkeeper coach for Toronto FC on Thursday.
Toshack, a native of Prescott, Ont., joins Toronto FC after spending three seasons in the MLS with the Houston Dynamo.
"We are excited to have him on board," Mo Johnston, Toronto FC's manager, director of soccer, said in a statement. "Mike comes highly recommended. ...

Read more (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/563704)

Redcoe15
01-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Someone needs to remind Rycroft that April Fool's Day is less than three months away.

And besides, Beckham would never play on that turf.

Toronto Ruffrider
01-09-2009, 01:20 AM
She's hot-ish...better than what we've seen lately.

I bet tomorrow's SSG will be an improvement.;)