PDA

View Full Version : Another Typical Anti-Establishment Rant

[NBF]
01-08-2009, 02:11 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/trailerintv3.jpg
Smell that anyone? I do and it smells like shit! Beware of the winds of shit boys!

I think what I've done to make you view this thread is exactly what the MLSE is doing to the average fan to make them attend games and stay excited about the team, but I think this year will be another reminder that in order to bring someone like Nuno Gomez or even Hakan Sukur MLSE needs to change their strategy.

I like the DeRosario transfer. Nothing wrong with that, the people demanded it and they delivered. Good. Progress is made, but not enough progress to want to become CONCACAF Champions League Winners, or even Canadian Championship Winners. I think MLSE needs to start rethinking this winning the MLS Cup crap and start winning titles which are within their reach.

Titles in order of importance:

1. CONCACAF Champions Winners
2. Canadian Championship Winners
3. MLS Cup Winners
4. Super Liga Winners (if invited)

To me, it seems like MLSE just wants to be a commercial success rather than being a competitive team and winning the titles mentioned above. I believe that this season they will deliver a DP, but all the fans will be left wondering whether the long wait was worth it. TFC is just another north american team at the moment, but it has what alot of the MLS teams dont have and that is full stadiums. Lots of buzz and lots of fan support. The MLSE needs to ante up the effort in building a quality team or begin bracing for the long slide down Miami Fusion Hell!

The_Frop
01-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Why don't we just wait till the Transfer window opens up for the MLS then wait and see I am sure Mo has a plan the Draft has not even come and the Transfer window has not even started up.

Like come on now man there will be moves made why make them now? They have no clue yet what they will end up with at the draft ....Yes it has been a really slow off season so far but it does not help that the draft and the Transfer window is so far away from seasons end......

I am sure there will be lot's of changes to come along before training camp starts and probably alot of new faces that will help TFC suceed this year.

Hold the predictions instead of Assuming MLSE is Shitting on everybody.

It's all patience and they probably will not make a announcement till atleast the Window is open but I am sure at the Draft is Mo get's a sensible trade offer he will take it.

BuSaPuNk
01-08-2009, 07:17 AM
It's funny because trust me MLSE gets it. They want to get this team to be competitive and win. No smoke and mirrors here, think about it. Me and my buddy had this conversation the other day. CONCACAF champions leauge, Canadian Championship, Super Liga......are all other games that are not neccessarly on the schedual that they have. Added games at home due to qualification is added revenue. (especially when it's going to be a 19,000+ sellout) I just don't understand how people can blame MLSE for the lack of action on the DP side. I agree with what they are doing, with lots of thought in chemistry and how the player will be in the room. Do we really need someone from England Championship, La Liga, Serie A that is going to come in here with this holier than thou attitude. NO! Let's let MO do his job and we will land the right guy for the job.

CretanBull
01-08-2009, 07:21 AM
It's funny because trust me MLSE gets it. They want to get this team to be competitive and win. No smoke and mirrors here, think about it. Me and my buddy had this conversation the other day. CONCACAF champions leauge, Canadian Championship, Super Liga......are all other games that are not neccessarly on the schedual that they have. Added games at home due to qualification is added revenue. (especially when it's going to be a 19,000+ sellout) I just don't understand how people can blame MLSE for the lack of action on the DP side. I agree with what they are doing, with lots of thought in chemistry and how the player will be in the room. Do we really need someone from England Championship, La Liga, Serie A that is going to come in here with this holier than thou attitude. NO! Let's let MO do his job and we will land the right guy for the job.

Stop making sense, it's not welcomed around here ;)

BuSaPuNk
01-08-2009, 07:27 AM
^ LOL!! Yeah it's true. I just hate when people use the fact that they don't have a DP yet to blame the ownership. They want to make money, look at your ticket prices!!

Chewy Unikronik
01-08-2009, 07:56 AM
;323330']Titles in order of importance:

3. MLS Cup Winners

How can you have number 1, without number 2?

Fort York Redcoat
01-08-2009, 08:31 AM
;323330']

3. MLS Cup Winners

Super Liga may not go anywhere after the tournament is over but at least there is more than 2 countries involved. Otherwise I agree that the champions league is bigger than MLS, then Superliga, (for as long as it's around) and finally the league.

I think right now it's more MLS than MLSE that degrades the champions league.

CretanBull
01-08-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm not sure if the MLS 'degrades' the Champions League, I just think that there's a silent admission that we can't really compete with Mexican teams so it's hard to high-light the importance of the CL without pointing at the (current) short comings of our league at the same time. As our league grows, as the cap goes up and more and more established players look to the MLS as a viable option for them I think we'll see more fan-fare surrounding the CL.

IMO I already rank it higher than an MLS title...

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Um... I clicked on this thread to go "LOL" at the idea of any team above the Conference level wanting to buy Dean Windass, not to get excited and post omfgz awesome DP player ideas.

rocker
01-08-2009, 09:11 AM
can a mod edit the deliberately misleading title on the thread? thanks

i don't like it when some smartass cunt lures me into a thread on false pretenses.

joel
01-08-2009, 11:15 AM
This thread sucks. 0 Stars

SilverSamurai
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I would rather do well in the Champions League (well winning it would be nicer) over winning the MLS Cup.
But no harm in doing well and winning both. ;)

Redcoe15
01-08-2009, 03:30 PM
IMO, Toronto FC is one of those properties MLSE leaves to its own devises. There are other shinny items for them to mess up (Leafs).

The on field success of TFC is in Mo's hands.

romburgundy
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I'd like to beat Montreal Damn it. I may be alone on this one. But seeing those wankers raise a cup in our house left a really bad taste in my mouth.

T_Mizz
01-08-2009, 08:08 PM
;323330']

Titles in order of importance:

3. MLS Cup Winners
4. MLS Supporters Shield
5. Carolina Challenge Cup
6. Texas Soccer Festival
7. Super Liga Winners (if invited)

A little revision for you, WTF gives an eff about superliga really? It doesn't even warrant capital letters
(Obvious exaggeration but you get the point)

T_Mizz
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh PS love the Mr. Lahey reference!
PPS I don't think MLSE is trying to do anything commercial with rumours because the only ones who care about or even hear the rumours are the die-hards who are at every game anyway.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Dean Windass has just been loaned out by Oldham for the rest of the season, thought that was ironic.

wzhxvy
01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
How about the Trillium Cup...

And that Cup the Mexicans got...

Would be nice to start building a winning tradition...

Martin Groove
01-09-2009, 10:05 PM
maybe im wrong, but i dont mind what im seeing, the building blocks are being built, i think I was raised in a different environment, where clubs dont just start, and all of a sudden win titles, it does take time, then again this is something that north america is just not used to. I see incredible progress to next years team, the fact that we have people that have the ability to put a ball in the net is phenomenal, Im not looking for a title, and im not going to put a list together of important titles, if the squad wins any off that list at the top of the thread i will be happy, and im not aiming too low, or not being too much of a ra ra supporter, i just dont see it as happening, and looking at north american models of sports franchises, but appart from one franchise in the CFL, how many expansion squads actually win titles in their first 5 years?

MG42
01-09-2009, 10:18 PM
maybe im wrong, but i dont mind what im seeing, the building blocks are being built, i think I was raised in a different environment, where clubs dont just start, and all of a sudden win titles, it does take time, then again this is something that north america is just not used to. I see incredible progress to next years team, the fact that we have people that have the ability to put a ball in the net is phenomenal, Im not looking for a title, and im not going to put a list together of important titles, if the squad wins any off that list at the top of the thread i will be happy, and im not aiming too low, or not being too much of a ra ra supporter, i just dont see it as happening, and looking at north american models of sports franchises, but appart from one franchise in the CFL, how many expansion squads actually win titles in their first 5 years?

Chicago Fire
Florida Marlins
Milwuakee Bucks

That's all I can think of...not many

Mikey
01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
just to stir the shtpot....

I don't think we'll see a DP this season.

Ticket sales are still up, Dero is 99% on board.
If the team suck monkey butt again this year straight from the go, we'll see a lot of talk of DP but no delivery.
If the team doesn't suck until the second half of the season, then DP mania will be used to stop loss season holders from not renewing (based on the "you'll miss out on something big next week if you dont renew before the deadline ...."), and to justify another 30% hike in tickets.

Marco2K
01-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Dallas won the MLS cup in its first year did it not.

Mo and Carver have to get it done, BOTTOM LINE

rocker
01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Dallas won the MLS cup in its first year did it not.

uh no they didn't.

dallas has never won the MLS cup.

Bluenose13
01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
uh no they didn't.

dallas has never won the MLS cup.Don't let the facts get in the way of the anti Mo/Carver crowd :rolleyes:

sidvan
01-10-2009, 03:09 PM
uh no they didn't.

dallas has never won the MLS cup.

I think it was Houston, but, they were the defending champs SJ Earthquakes v.1 transferred to Houston.

Corrections wanted please...my memory isn't what it used to be.

Wagner
01-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Do you want a DP for the sake of having one?
or do you want the right one?

I'm not even convinced that having a DP is the answer.
I'd rather spread the funds out...
More than any other sport, football is about team play, not a singular star.
Look at the mess in LA...

I personally would rather have 2 or 3 more players at the calibre of Robbo/Jimmy B at that kind of money, than one Diva like Soccer Posh.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Don't let the facts get in the way of the anti Mo/Carver crowd :rolleyes:
:drinking:

I agree. It's not worth the aggravation.

James Oliphant
01-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Chicago Fire
Florida Marlins
Milwuakee Bucks

That's all I can think of...not many

You forgot DC United and Kansas City.

Of course, they won in the first five years of the LEAGUE, so... ;)

rocker
01-10-2009, 03:56 PM
half the league hasn't even WON the MLS Cup.
Maybe we can be greedy but having such high expectations after 2 seasons is gonna let ya down hard when they aren't met. forget even how the team is constructed -- the mathematical odds themselves make it hard to win the cup no matter how good your team is.

Columbus just won its first MLS Cup ...... in its 13th season.
The Shite Bulls/Shitro Stars have never won it...

Only 2 teams by my count won in their first season -- Chicago Fire in 1998 and Dc United in the inaugural season, 1996. I don't count Houston cuz they were just San Jose with a new name.

KC took 5 seasons... LA took 7 seasons before winning it.

ben_vw
01-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I think it was Houston, but, they were the defending champs SJ Earthquakes v.1 transferred to Houston.

Corrections wanted please...my memory isn't what it used to be.

Chicago won the MLS Cup in its first season in 1998. Life as an expansion team in MLS in 1998 was a LOT different than life as an expansion team these days.