PDA

View Full Version : EDU back at TFC?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
With EDU's lack of playing time at Rangers......wonder if MO has ever thought of bringing him back on LOAN this summer!.....Could be good for both rangers and TFC. :)....he has always been a project by rangers since the signing....this way he still gets to develope during there off season..and could be a good thing with his lack of minutes at Ibrox!....

Possible?:drinking:

Yohan
01-05-2009, 04:39 PM
all loan agreements must have a permanent buy clause

for some reason i dont think rangers would go for that

Cambridge_Red
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
For Edu it would be one step forward 3 steps back. I don't think hes at the standard a Rangers or Celtic player should be, but with time perhaps a good fit elsewhere in the SPL.

Kevvv
01-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Does it have to be for a reasonable amount? IE, if the buy clause is for, say $10m, Rangers wouldn't need to sweat.

Kevvv
01-05-2009, 04:43 PM
For Edu it would be one step forward 3 steps back. I don't think hes at the standard a Rangers or Celtic player should be, but with time perhaps a good fit elsewhere in the SPL.

That would make more sense - get playing time in the league he's to play in

canadian_bhoy
01-05-2009, 04:43 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/rutzkh.jpg

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-05-2009, 04:44 PM

well mabey 2 steps back...;)

Yohan
01-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Does it have to be for a reasonable amount? IE, if the buy clause is for, say $10m, Rangers wouldn't need to sweat.
well, if MLS head office has to approve, would they be having a laugh over such clauses?

out of curiousity, what is the biggest transfer fee paid in MLS?

torontocelt
01-05-2009, 10:05 PM
A more realistic plan for Rangers would be for Edu to go on loan to an English Championship team. Celtic have done this successfully with an injury prone John Kennedy and Rangers sent Alan Gow out on loan also and he is tipped to sign for Wolves. The good thing about sending him to the championship is that the league is competitive, quite aggressive like Scotland, the standard of football is decent enough and teams in that league could afford to buy Edu if he is successful.

I don't think that returning to the MLS would be a good move for Edu, he needs to be playing at a higher level and in a league which is similar in pace and aggressiveness to the SPL if he wants to play for Rangers. The Scottish league isn't great but playing for Celtic or Rangers is very demanding, you have to win every game, second place is not an option. The football is fast, at times direct and players are constantly harried with little time on the ball. It is extremely difficult for some players to adjust and better players than Edu have not made the grade before.

Rangers will not loan him to any other Scottish team and no other Scottish team outside of Celtic could afford to buy him so that would be a no go also. I still reckon that Edu will be with the Gers until at least December 09, if Rangers lose the league again this season then Smith will be gone I think and if that happens a new manager will want to gauge his own opinion of players. Even if Smith stays I still think Edu will have until at least xmas to prove himself unless he goes to the manager and states he wants a move.

cy43
01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
he's not coming back, and no we dont want him back... we'd be much better with one central defensive mid-fielder... aka Robo.

Edu, all the best in Scotland... but not welcome back til you're 28 in my books

lufc1919
01-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Edu has attracted the attention of some mid-table Premiership teams AFAIK

Miko
01-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't know about Scotland but in England there is a rule prohibiting players being loaned back to the team they came from within 12 months of their transfer.

Canadian Blue
01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
all loan agreements must have a permanent buy clause

You sure about this?

joel
01-08-2009, 04:30 PM
That would be akin to admitting failure, it would also make it very difficult for rangers staff to watch him play and follow his progress, as is done with young on loan players.

silly, he is no longer a TFC player, and first team action does not represent all the things he is getting out of his current stint with rangers

T_Mizz
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Please for the love of God, let it go you're still at the first stage of grief, denial, while the rest of us are at stage 5 acceptance don't drag us back with you haha