PDA

View Full Version : Joey Melo Cut

Flipityflu
01-05-2009, 10:10 AM
http://24thminute.blogspot.com/2009/01/reds-cut-melo.html

Parkdale
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
can't say it was hard to see it coming. There are a lot of guys ahead of him for game time.

All the best for the rest of your career Joey. You were part of something big from the very beginning. Never forget that.

Flipityflu
01-05-2009, 10:20 AM
at least we got our Jan 5 player news i guess.

Parkdale
01-05-2009, 10:43 AM
at least we got our Jan 5 player news i guess.

HAHAHA... that was the big story? SIKE!

Stryker
01-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Joey who?

Parkdale
01-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Joey Melo.

Flipityflu
01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
HAHAHA... that was the big story? SIKE!

it was big news for Joey i expect.

rocker
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Joey Melo.

Joe Melo who?

Stryker
01-05-2009, 11:54 AM
HAHAHA... that was the big story?

it was big news for Joey i expect.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Torcida
01-05-2009, 05:32 PM
can't say it was hard to see it coming. There are a lot of guys ahead of him for game time.

All the best for the rest of your career Joey. You were part of something big from the very beginning. Never forget that.
What career?

Cambridge_Red
01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Perhaps he'll go play for York!?!?!? Wait........ maybe not.

MUFC_Niagara
01-05-2009, 05:59 PM

+1....agree with everything parky

rocker
01-05-2009, 05:59 PM
at least has a hot girlfriend to console him...

Brooker
01-05-2009, 06:00 PM
all the best to joey, for sure.

Yohan
01-05-2009, 06:06 PM
at least has a hot girlfriend to console him...
pic of melo's hot gf or stfu

jaahuuu
01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
At one game last year I was trying to get somebody's autograph before the game. I was waiting behind the stadium and Joey walked by me, through a crowd of people and in to BMO, then he came back out walked throught the crowd of people and went somewhere. He came back a couple minutes later and walked through the crowd again and into the stadium. Several other players had come and had decent crowds of people surround them, even some other reserve guys, but I don't think anyone stopped Joey any of the 3 times he walked by. I kinda felt bad for him, if he's got a hot gf than I guess I don't feel too bad.

I second the request for pics.

SilverSamurai
01-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Didn't he get her prego?

Either way, all the best to him.

rocker
01-06-2009, 11:01 AM
pic of melo's hot gf or stfu

check his facebook page... when i've posted that shit here I get people criticizing me for creeping and invading privacy (even tho it's public) ;)

she doesn't look pregnant in any recent pics!!!
she's a cutey.. well done Mr. Melo!

Hugh Jazz
01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
This is probably the best for Joey, where ever he goes he should get more playing time.

Shaughno
01-06-2009, 12:17 PM
This is probably the best for Joey, where ever he goes he should get more playing time.

Definitely the best for him. With no reserve league (retarded idea IMO) the players at the bottom of the pecking order aren't going to get much time, never mind the Dev roster ones.

Velvet Elvis
01-06-2009, 12:25 PM
No reserves is a terrible idea !!!

rocker
01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
why wouldn't a guy like him (or Lombardo for that matter) try the USL?
Maybe Melo is thinking of that... but Lombardo didn't, which seemed strange to me. I think these guys could play in the USL for sure.

Parkdale
01-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Maybe Melo is thinking of that... but Lombardo didn't, which seemed strange to me. I think these guys could play in the USL for sure.

They'd probably have to move, and that might not be a desirable option for younger guys like Melo and Lombardo. I know that After Marco Reda was finished at TFC, he found his way to the Charleston Battery. He's old enough that playing is a career thing for him, and he'd move to where the job was taking him.

Oh, and we taunted him when we saw him play in Charleston. I talked with him in the pub after the game and wished him well. Any player who was on TFC, and a) played with heart, even if they wern't that great and b) didn't want to leave the team, will get some respect from me. Joey Melo will get more respect from me than someone like Nagamura.

VPjr
01-07-2009, 04:47 PM

no they can't....neither of them could walk into a USL1 side and see playing time right now.

USL2 maybe.

I recommend Melo to find a team in the CSL, bust his ass for a good coach and then maybe go on the tour to Singapore that netted some good paying jobs in the S-League for 3 local boys.

VPjr
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
No reserves is a terrible idea !!!

maybe something better will emerge...I've got high hopes

Yohan
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
check his facebook page... when i've posted that shit here I get people criticizing me for creeping and invading privacy (even tho it's public) ;)

she doesn't look pregnant in any recent pics!!!
she's a cutey.. well done Mr. Melo!
no facebook. it is of satan's loins