PDA

View Full Version : Johann Smith Vs. Abdus Ibrahim

[NBF]
01-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Simply put, "two men enter one man leaves".

Johann Smith:

You decide, also notice how on this video you don't see Johann Smith playing on the left side......... kinda makes you think:idea:

Hz4GJYZUxBA

Abdus Ibrahim:

There's only a few highlights of him folks :p:

A-1OdzDEXIc

Who's your man! Decide in yet another great poll!!!!:cool:

RedRum
01-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Ibee no question.

TFC OZZ
01-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Ibee's a striker on our team, and Johann is a left winger, for whatever reason. As far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't have to pick, they both have different pros and cons.

Like asking whether I'd rather have Guevera or Wynne.

Cambridge_Red
01-04-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't want to see either leave. Two young lads with bags of potential ahead of them.

DigzTFC!
01-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Johann pisses me off sometimes in the way he plays. Those stepovers were cool the first time you saw them, but when you realize he does it every time it loses its appeal. He is raw and needs more instruction on how to play. Raw athleticism isn't enough.

Ibbe is more polished. However, get this kid in the gym. He gets knocked off the ball way to easy.

ginkster88
01-04-2009, 12:22 PM
hmm... that little step over step over step over lose the ball at the touchline looks pretty familiar...

RE: DigzTFC!: damn! seconds before me!

MG42
01-04-2009, 12:43 PM
I think Ibee has more potential...Johann has less potential, but that means he might stay here longer?

Cambridge_Red
01-04-2009, 12:43 PM
People said the same thing about rondaldo in his first season. Oviously no way are they the same quality but smith has MLS quality in him. Example that beauty cross for Ibbe's second goal of the year. Possibly good to come off the bench??

FluSH
01-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Mortal Kombat...

FIGHT!

Roogsy
01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Johann pisses me off sometimes in the way he plays. Those stepovers were cool the first time you saw them, but when you realize he does it every time it loses its appeal. He is raw and needs more instruction on how to play. Raw athleticism isn't enough.

Ibbe is more polished. However, get this kid in the gym. He gets knocked off the ball way to easy.

The kid is 17/18. Just wait, he will fill out.

werewolf
01-04-2009, 02:32 PM
This thread is counter-productive.

rocker
01-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Ibby shows a great awareness of the game. He just knows where to be and what his teammates are doing. It looks like he's a solid finisher when he gets a chance.
At age 17 you'd always pick Ibby over Smith.

Jeff s
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Smith would be better imo if he cuts in more. When he takes on defenders he just continues to go out wide and than cross. Rarely does he just cut in and shoot. This imo is giving defender a good understand of his game plan.

Ibee, its to hard. hes still young, and like someone mentioned, very weak. But looks to have some sort of potential.

King Tut
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Ibee no question.

Agreed

rocker
01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
i'm still not sold on Johann the way others are... he's been really hyped up by people like Ives but I dunno.

I think Ibby is already a more "refined" talent, even being 4 years younger, than Smith. Smith has just shown me a few tricks.. like how he kicks the ball past the defender and runs after it, and then there's the stepovers. he's mighty fast, but Ibby just intrigues me wayyyy more.

DOMIN8R
01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
This thread is counter-productive.

Agreed.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Ibee.
I think Johann has plenty of potential and is a strong athlete, has a little work to do which the following season (and preseason) will help (hes very similar to Wynne, very fast but not alot of ballskills/natural soccer mind).

Ibee is a natural player, you can see it when hes out there.

Regardless i think they will both do well in time. Glad we have em both on our team.

Nodoubtguy
01-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Not that I think its one or the other.....but if I had to pick, I'd take Ibee

Detroit_TFC
01-05-2009, 11:36 AM
I want both.

James17930
01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
:out:

Big Bruva
01-06-2009, 02:06 AM
I want both.

Your wish is granted.

Shaughno
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Your wish is granted.

Fantastic, now for my final two wishes.... :rofl:

Technorgasm
01-06-2009, 10:18 AM

Posting is so much easier when someone NAILS exactly what you feel on the subject.

Thanlks Digz!

http://siskiyoucounty.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/corn-digz.jpg

Big Bruva
01-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Fantastic, now for my final two wishes.... :rofl:

Go ahead and ill see what i can do.

Shaughno
01-06-2009, 10:40 AM
2nd wish: TFC signs Bobby Boswell (best defender in the league IMO)
3rd wish: TFC signs a proper clinical goal scorer, DP or not.

It's not too much to ask, I swear! :lol:

Bloor West FC
01-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Ibee

Detroit_TFC
01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Your wish is granted.

Woo-Hoo!

:drinking:

trane
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
It is too early to decide on either. They are both to young. However, I will say that Smith has had more chances, and if he does not turn into a player by the end of 2009 he should be gone.

DoubleUp
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I think Ibby has alot of potential because he's younger. but what with the proper coaching, smith is a problem! Did you see his service? Did you see his speed/pace/foot speed? Did you see him finish? Did you see him in ibby's video? do we need them both? yes. do they need a coach? yes.

jloome
01-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Johann, hands down.

Seriously, if we're talking about ability to contribute to the team right now, Smith has done nothing wrong except compete well, to me. He's looking right now to be our starting winger, unless Todd Dunivant beats him out in camp, which I don't exepct to happen.

Ibee's got some skills and some presence of mind -- thus the neat rounding of Chicago's keeper (probably Busch, but I can't remember who was starting that day). But aside from being in the right spot for that last headed goal against New York, he didn't really look like a scoring threat to me; his ability to stretch the line with good diagonal movement isnt' there yet, and without the strength to hold off bigger defenders, he can't balance that weakness by being direct.

So I guess I pick Smith because I think he'll contribute far more this season than Ibee does. Now, in two or three seasons, it might well be a different story. If Ibee puts a wall of muscle on that frame and knocks some time off the old 40, maybe he's Jozy Altidore part II.

It's also worth noting that Smith is a converted striker. When he was with the US under 20 team he scored four times in five exhibition matches, so he can cut in and be dangerous, and work around the box. Plus, his crossing is very solid. I'd be pretty happy if we started the season with him wide left and Ricketts wide right. We just need a dangerous striker to partner Barrett and some defensive help.