PDA

View Full Version : partial pack tickets

torontocelt
01-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi, does anyone know if there are still partial packs available?

I am on the red list and never received any opportunity to buy any kind of pack unfortunately. I did notice a couple of weeks ago however that some people were getting emails advising them that if they had friends who wanted tickets then they should contact TFC, I thought that was bit cheeky when they haven't even went through the red list.

In my experience the way Toronto FC contact people on the red list is completely random and not in order as my friend got an email despite the fact that I had signed up months earlier. The entire thing has left me perplexed and has annoyed me quite a bit.

I must say however that regardless I cannot wait until the new season starts.

Thanks.

Shakes McQueen
01-03-2009, 10:25 PM
They contacted everyone at the same time, as far as I know - only the window of time in which you could buy would be different, depending on your place in the queue.

Perhaps their email to you was discarded by your email client as spam by accident?

- Scott

torontocelt
01-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey Scott thanks for getting back to me. I have been checking my email every day including the deleted spam emails and I have not had any email from TFC for about 4 months. I even sent them an email of complaint although I am yet to hear anything back. I think I will call them on Monday and find out for sure. Thanks for your help though.

Bars92
01-04-2009, 12:23 AM
There are no tickets. Your only hope is to buy them off scalpers for $100 bucks each.

JDG
01-04-2009, 12:36 AM
There are no tickets. Your only hope is to buy them off scalpers for $100 bucks each.

:hand::hand::hand:

:seeya::thumbsup::seeya:

:coolgleam:

torontocelt
01-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I went to about 8 games or so last season and and got all of my tickets off ticketmaster so I will just do that again. Thanks for your help.

Mark in Ottawa
01-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Were you getting any e-mails from TFC prior to 4 months ago?
Have you switched e-mail addresses in the recent past?
Is it possible that they have a wrong e-mail address on file for you?

gmacpheetfc
01-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I went to about 8 games or so last season and and got all of my tickets off ticketmaster so I will just do that again. Thanks for your help.

Phantom

torontocelt
01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey Mark, I have had quite a few emails off TFC but none for about 4 months. I don't know what has happened but I emailed Anton Wimmer at TFC and he hasn't replied as of yet and that was on December 20th. I reckon I will give him a call tomorrow as it would be good to find out what happened. Ticketmaster was good enough for me last year so I will just do that again if I have to.

nfitz
01-04-2009, 04:54 PM
You should try logging into your red list (waiting list) account and confirm that the e-mail address is okay: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=tfc&l=EN

As far as I understand from the last e-mail that was sent out (December 18) is that there were some partial packs left after going through the Red List. The e-mail said:

"Just a heads up, if you need any tickets for next season or know anyone who wants some, we still have a few Toronto FC/Toronto Marlies All Season Sports Packages left, which include Toronto FC tickets for the 2009 season and Toronto Marlies tickets for the current 2008-09 season. For info on the packages click here. (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/partial_packs/) To buy, call 416-360-GOAL (4625)."

So it may be worth calling the number on Monday.

sulfur
01-04-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't know what has happened but I emailed Anton Wimmer at TFC and he hasn't replied as of yet and that was on December 20th.
As I understand it, he was off on vacation (along with most of the front office) from the end of the 19th through to.. well... tomorrow. :)

torontocelt
01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Nice one. I checked my email and it is down correctly, I will call tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for the replies, it is much appreciated.

Fort York Redcoat
01-05-2009, 07:45 AM
This happened to me as well. I called on the "last day" to ask why they hadn't got to me yet and they said the email went out weeks ago.

Now looking at the above posts, guaranteed I spammed some raptors email that automatically spammed my TFC news. MLSF'nE.

But look at me I have Marlies tix already, yipee!

relegated
01-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the info. i was in the same boat - no e-mail responses from TFC. I called this morning and got a partial pack (with Marlies as that is all that is left). Package A & C still available.

rocker
01-05-2009, 12:50 PM
so answer me this.. they went through the whole red list and didn't sell out the packages? is the demand not as great as we thought? what about that 13000 person waiting list they always talk about?
I thought they'd go through a small portion of the list and sell out by now. unless people are just interested in full seasons.

nfitz
01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
The parital (1/3) season packs were all sold out before they got to the Red List. It is the packs where you pay more for Marlies tickets than TFC tickets that they hadn't sold out of.

They aren't a great deal really (I say, even though I got a pair).

It was the same last year.

Shakes McQueen
01-05-2009, 02:24 PM
The parital (1/3) season packs were all sold out before they got to the Red List. It is the packs where you pay more for Marlies tickets than TFC tickets that they hadn't sold out of.

They aren't a great deal really (I say, even though I got a pair).

It was the same last year.

No they weren't. I'm a red lister, and there were partial packs available to me.

- Scott

Fort York Redcoat
01-05-2009, 02:30 PM
As many Marlies tix as TFC tix in the packages. Is it any wonder why people turn them down. I'll take it :eek: :hump:this year to not have to next. Is there anyone out there that had to get the Marlies pack 2 yrs in a row?

Mark in Ottawa
01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
so answer me this.. they went through the whole red list and didn't sell out the packages? is the demand not as great as we thought? what about that 13000 person waiting list they always talk about?
I thought they'd go through a small portion of the list and sell out by now. unless people are just interested in full seasons.

A number of factors at play here.
People want seasons but not in the Red sections... they can't afford em.
There just aren't enough of the Yellow section tickets available.

By now many people have worked out a ticket buying strategy via friends &/or ticketmaster for whatever games they can get.

People want tickets but are not willing to be held up to ransom what with having to buy Marlies tickets as part of the pack ( well some folks aren't willing but I bit... at least for one season ).

I wonder how many people got an invite to buy... had a look and then decided that it was too rich for them?

I wonder how many never got/saw the e-mail regarding the Red list on-line scheduling of slots when tickets would be available?

I wonder how many on the waiting list are scalpers who registered more than once and are not biting because they are not sure people will pay the exhorbitant asking prices for every game? If they buy a partial pack they are not sure what games they will end up with.

TFC HSV
01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
A number of factors at play here.
People want seasons but not in the Red sections... they can't afford em.
There just aren't enough of the Yellow section tickets available.

By now many people have worked out a ticket buying strategy via friends &/or ticketmaster for whatever games they can get.

People want tickets but are not willing to be held up to ransom what with having to buy Marlies tickets as part of the pack ( well some folks aren't willing but I bit... at least for one season ).

I wonder how many people got an invite to buy... had a look and then decided that it was too rich for them?

I wonder how many never got/saw the e-mail regarding the Red list on-line scheduling of slots when tickets would be available?

I wonder how many on the waiting list are scalpers who registered more than once and are not biting because they are not sure people will pay the exhorbitant asking prices for every game? If they buy a partial pack they are not sure what games they will end up with.

I do know people who sell me tickets face value when they cant go. Marlies tickets killed it for me. Just made it too expensive and right around christmas I got my offer, just isnt high on the priority list at that time. It sucks that MLSE screwed up and took for granted toronto was more then a leafs town, and now force tickets on us. I like the marlies but I dont want to be forced to buy their tickets just to see TFC. I'm on the red list hopefully next year I'll be able t secure my own tickets.

Suds
01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
As many Marlies tix as TFC tix in the packages. Is it any wonder why people turn them down. I'll take it :eek: :hump:this year to not have to next. Is there anyone out there that had to get the Marlies pack 2 yrs in a row?

I purchased the All Seasons Pack with the Marlies tickets last year and was able to upgrade to a Season Seat Holder this year, however, I was fortunate enough to be able to cough up the $920 for a single seat to do so. I know a lot of people ahead of me on the waiting list opted to not upgrade due to the fact only the higher cost tickets were available.

My advice would be to at least upgrade to the Gold List by purchasing a package and work from there. Eventually you'll end up with the seats you want even if it takes a few years. If you don't buy now everyone else that does will just jump ahead of you on the waiting lists.

dag
01-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I purchased the All Seasons Pack with the Marlies tickets last year and was able to upgrade to a Season Seat Holder this year, however, I was fortunate enough to be able to cough up the $920 for a single seat to do so. I know a lot of people ahead of me on the waiting list opted to not upgrade due to the fact only the higher cost tickets were available.

My advice would be to at least upgrade to the Gold List by purchasing a package and work from there. Eventually you'll end up with the seats you want even if it takes a few years. If you don't buy now everyone else that does will just jump ahead of you on the waiting lists.

Last year I bought myself two half-season/Marlies packs, which gave me all the TFC games except for LA. For 2009, I, too, was able to become a Season Seat Holder. The $920 I was willing and able to spend on myself was pretty reasonable, given what I had to spend last year.

Erkan16
01-06-2009, 08:18 PM
last year i didnt buy the sports pack and kicked myself all year. this year i sucked it up and bought the stupid thing so that the following year i get to buy seasons for TFC without marlies.... hopefully

Yagbod
01-07-2009, 01:38 AM
I just bought Home Final and the Friendly packages on Monday. I had to call directly because I guess my window had closed. I now have all three packages. I figure it is the LA game that is missing. What kinda stinks is that the Friendly package is 12 dollars cheaper and has one less TFC game (making 5), but you still get 6 Marlies games.

I figure it will be worth it.

Mark in Ottawa
01-07-2009, 06:44 AM
last year i didnt buy the sports pack and kicked myself all year. this year i sucked it up and bought the stupid thing so that the following year i get to buy seasons for TFC without marlies.... hopefully
I think a lot of us are on that same wave length ;)

BuSaPuNk
01-07-2009, 07:07 AM
^ Yeah i think so. I also purchased the marlies pack as well. Just recieved my Marlies tickets. Oh well sometimes you have to suck it up to get what you want.

olegunnar
01-07-2009, 09:49 AM
I think people are starting to realize the club is funnelling waitlist people throuhg a set system.
It's never going to be...sign up on the waiting list...wait your turn...get south end seats.

The system is: marlies half packs-->normal half packs--> seasons seats in dark grey or higher---> potentially relocate.

I don't think there's anyone that's used official channels and has gone from waitlist to anything less than dark greys.
You'll find those that did manage to go from wait list to cheaper than dark greys...either used the loophole with STH adding seats and transfering the seats to friends...or they pulled strings behind the scenes with either a SG or FO or both.

It sucks to have to buy Marlie tickets, or have only a choice of Dark Grey or Reds seasons, I know...I've been in both situations...but there's no other choice really, except for hoping the team still sucks in a few years and we still have turf...and the argos are playing at BMO and all the STH don't renew.

rocker
01-07-2009, 09:52 AM
it's the price one pays for coming late to the game.
i didn't get season's first year, cuz the location I wanted wasn't available except in a half-season pack. So I spent year 1 in a half season pack. Then I moved up to season's in year 2. eventually anyone who wants seasons will get em, but if someone came late to TFC, be patient and don't complain about the Marlies stuff.

olegunnar
01-07-2009, 09:59 AM
it's the price one pays for coming late to the game.
i didn't get season's first year, cuz the location I wanted wasn't available except in a half-season pack. So I spent year 1 in a half season pack. Then I moved up to season's in year 2. eventually anyone who wants seasons will get em, but if someone came late to TFC, be patient and don't complain about the Marlies stuff.

I agree with you for the most part.
The only thing that I believe people on the waitlist can complain about is the loophole that allowed people to bypass the list in the first off season.

I know people that got Seasons tickets from people they barely knew at work, or other parents at the daycare they take their kids, or people that had a matchmaker situation (oh you want TFC tix? I know someone that is a season's ticket holder, they can get some for you).

Now they've closed that loophole I don't think there are any real valid complaints about the system.

BuSaPuNk
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Nope no complaints here. Good system it seems, brings in a good percentage of new ticket holders a year. Just sucks that I came so late to the party!! :canada::pbjtime::pbjtime:

cementhead
01-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I,m kicking myself in the ass because I could had season in the frist year but wait now three year and a couple thousand dollars later I have them had to go though wait like everyone else. I would think there are a lot people in the same boat just kick them selfs!

torontocelt
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I just bought Home Final and the Friendly packages on Monday. I had to call directly because I guess my window had closed. I now have all three packages. I figure it is the LA game that is missing. What kinda stinks is that the Friendly package is 12 dollars cheaper and has one less TFC game (making 5), but you still get 6 Marlies games.

I figure it will be worth it.

Hi, can someone please confirm that this is the case ie the friendly pack offers completely different games to the first home game pack and the end of season game pack? The rep at TFC that I spoke to could not confirm any games at all on any packs? Has anyone done this before?

sulfur
01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I was told that if you get all three packs, you end up with all of the TFC games this season save two (I think that was the number).

torontocelt
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
So does anyone know if the more packs you buy pushes you further up the gold list ie if you have two then you are above everyone that only has one?

Fort York Redcoat
01-08-2009, 08:10 AM
I know. I asked and NO it does not matter how many packs you buy. Your place on the Gold list remains the same.

Gixmo
01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm not complaining either, I'll bite the bullet...

.... cause I just paid for a pair of All Season Pack 'A' in 111 side by side...

Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!

cmonyoureds
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM

yeah, me. i had three tix last year, with marlies, and the only thing they'd give me again this year was three tix with marlies. i was upper 110 last year, but this year they made me pay more, for fewer games, in lower 110.

I'm resigned to the fact that this is my lot in life for years to come, with of course the rejigging of packages, tickets, raised pricing and dart board seating charts, each and every year.

Pretty soon I'll be limited to buying 6 marlies tix in return for one TFC ticket, standing room next to the gents room on the concourse. Pass the k-y please.

Yagbod
01-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Of course, you cannot blame the Scorpion for biting the Turtle. That is what Scorpion's do. I just think it is 'not cricket' to push your failing franchise on the back of something else. One partial pack is the same price as some season's tickets for TFC. What really irks me is that the Marlies ticket is worth more than the TFC ticket. So my $55 per ticket is $30 Marlies.

I don't mind playing the waiting game for season's tickets. I just hate being gouged and force fed an unrelated and inferior product. I'd rather pay the extra dough for Acadamy games than MLSE's 'oops' product. Or how about pre-paid consession credits?

Sorry for being negative, I am mostly mad at myself for having a non-functioning credit card for the first two seasons...

giambac
01-20-2009, 06:45 PM

Isn't this the same as buying them off scalpers? I mean with the outrageous administration fees tickectmaster charges... what's the difference?

AL-MO
01-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Isn't this the same as buying them off scalpers? I mean with the outrageous administration fees tickectmaster charges... what's the difference?

No its not.

giambac
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
No its not.

What is the adminstration fee tickectmaster charges on a $20 ticket? What about on a $25 ticket?

Is it $5 (25%) $10($50%). I don't have the answer because I would never use the service and further deepen the pockets of another corporation. Can someone outline their fees.

BFin
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
What is the adminstration fee tickectmaster charges on a $20 ticket? What about on a $25 ticket?

Is it $5 (25%) $10($50%). I don't have the answer because I would never use the service and further deepen the pockets of another corporation. Can someone outline their fees.
This is hilarious coming from someone on a website supporting an MLSE off shoot company. Kid yourself not, this team is a full fledged company belonging to a big bad corporation.
Better stop going to TFC games soon!

AL-MO
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM

The fees are bad. But they aren't comparable to scalpers who are charging much more for a ticket.

Wow, Giambac the Ultra. Do you not wear the TFC jersey to a game too?

BFin
01-20-2009, 07:30 PM
^^
haha beat you to the punch.

AL-MO
01-20-2009, 07:30 PM
^^
haha beat you to the punch.

Indeed you did, but I just had to pile on! :p

BFin
01-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Indeed you did, but I just had to pile on! :p
Like if I asked him if he has ever purchased one of the $12 beers before at BMO field either? OR better have you paid your Rogers bill yet for the use of these interwebz??

haha jk

nfitz
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Isn't this the same as buying them off scalpers? I mean with the outrageous administration fees tickectmaster charges... what's the difference?The difference is, that if your suffering from the ticketmaster fees, then you've been screwed.

But if your buying from scalpers, then you've chosen to do the screwing.

And of course it is a crime.

Mark in Ottawa
01-21-2009, 06:42 AM
The difference is, that if your suffering from the ticketmaster fees, then you've been screwed.

But if your buying from scalpers, then you've chosen to do the screwing.

And of course it is a crime.
Quite right... a crime for both the seller and the buyer as outlined in the Province of Ontario Ticket Speculation Act.
http://www.canadalegal.com/gosite.asp?s=1892

Although businesses like TicketMaster seem to be bypassing the act with subsidiary web sites linked to from their main ones :noidea:

nfitz
01-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Although businesses like TicketMaster seem to be bypassing the act with subsidiary web sites linked to from their main ones :noidea:Yeah, that doesn't seem right. I'd like to see MLSE put a stop to that. Heck, I'd like to see MLSE ditch Ticketmaster completely, and do it themselves - you'd think that between ACC, TFC, Marlies, Maple Leafs, and Raptors, that MLSE doesn't need Ticketmaster, and could run their own operation.

Pookie
01-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Quite right... a crime for both the seller and the buyer as outlined in the Province of Ontario Ticket Speculation Act.
http://www.canadalegal.com/gosite.asp?s=1892

Although businesses like TicketMaster seem to be bypassing the act with subsidiary web sites linked to from their main ones :noidea:

It's not so much that they are bypassing it, just bypassing the responsibility.

Stubhub is in partnership with MLB.

Their official stance is that "Reselling tickets is legal in all 50 states. Many states have laws against reselling tickets at an event site due to nuisance issues, fraud risk, and potential personal risk. In some states there are limitations on the amount above face value that can be charged. In order to sell tickets on the StubHub Marketplace, sellers must accept StubHub's terms of service, and agree to abide by local regulations."

Ultimately, the legal risk goes on to the seller in the states where there are limitations on the amount above face value. Commissions are charged by the site based on the selling price that the seller agrees complies with local law.

Where the only law is to prevent selling near the event site, well the internet takes care of that.

Ultimately, with just about any law, it is a matter of who would choose to bring the charges forward.

My neighbours might be noisy but unless I complain, it is extremely unlikely that the police are going to go out of their way to launch an investigation.

Same goes with tickets. It's really up to the team if they want to pursue any legal recourse.

They would only do so if it could be shown that scalping was lowering the value of their ticket.

In the case of sports teams, they have either elected to get in on the action (MLB and the NHL with Stubhub as an example) or let the practice go so that they can charge Personal Seat License fees (see Raptors, Leafs and NFL teams of recent for examples).

The Personal Seat Licenses enable the holder of the ticket(s) to sell them at whatever price they deem appropriate. It's a small benefit to the holder who may have paid upwards of $50,000 for that PSL.

Steve
01-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, that doesn't seem right. I'd like to see MLSE put a stop to that. Heck, I'd like to see MLSE ditch Ticketmaster completely, and do it themselves - you'd think that between ACC, TFC, Marlies, Maple Leafs, and Raptors, that MLSE doesn't need Ticketmaster, and could run their own operation.

The problem with that is not necessarily in the cost of the operation itself, so much as in peoples' behaviour. Right now, the defacto place to get tickets is ticketmaster, that means that if you removed your tickets from them, potential buyers might not know where to go, and might not care enough to find out. I imagine in the future you're going to see a huge change in the way this is run, with event organizers offering their own automated ticket process online (for cheaper than ticketmaster) and a third-party website being setup/gaining popularity (like a craig's list/ebay/etc) that will offer search functionality, and link out to the appropriate ticket websites. That site would be run off add revenue (most likely add revenue paid by the event organisers to pimp their events).

Of course, that being said, people aren't ready for that yet. As long as a significant part of ticket sales are done through telephone, or tickets are picked up at locations, ticket distribution (and therefor ticket purchase) must be done through a centralized company, which, in this case, would be Ticketmaster.

SilverSamurai
01-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I got a call last night. I would've bought but I just paid my tuition off and am poor. since I wanted a single they would've been able to put in in 111. :( boo