PDA

View Full Version : TFC E-Mail To Red Waiting List Members

stugautz
05-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I just got an e-mail from TFC.

Basically if I buy tickets to the two friendlies AND the champions league games, I get upgraded from the red waiting list to the gold waiting list. Hmm...tempting, tempting! But I don't want to see (or pay for) the international friendlies

Richard D
05-23-2008, 12:54 PM
How much do they want for the Friendlies?

jb831
05-23-2008, 12:58 PM
How much do they want for the Friendlies?

The package actually is reasonably priced (if you want to attend all the games anyway)...

We have also created a limited amount (500 packages) of four game Canadian International packages that will feature:

TFC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps on July 1st @ 3:00 p.m.
TFC vs. Pachuca on July 5th @ 7:30 p.m.
TFC vs. Independiente on July 15th @ 7:30 p.m.
TFC vs. Montreal Impact on July 22nd @ 7:00 p.m.

Here is the four game package pricing:

$114 gets you 4 matches in the light grey price point
$184 gets you 4 matches in the medium grey price point
That’s a saving of up to 40% off the face value

Stencils
05-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up! My home email doesn't forward to my work email, so I completely missed the last presale.

At least one of those 4 game packs WILL BE MINE!!!!!

VPjr
05-23-2008, 01:45 PM
The package actually is reasonably priced (if you want to attend all the games anyway)...

We have also created a limited amount (500 packages) of four game Canadian International packages that will feature:

TFC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps on July 1st @ 3:00 p.m.
TFC vs. Pachuca on July 5th @ 7:30 p.m.
TFC vs. Independiente on July 15th @ 7:30 p.m.
TFC vs. Montreal Impact on July 22nd @ 7:00 p.m.
Here is the four game package pricing:

$114 gets you 4 matches in the light grey price point
$184 gets you 4 matches in the medium grey price point
That’s a saving of up to 40% off the face value

that's actually quite fairly priced

MrHawk
05-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I may pickup some more tickets this Monday :0

Nodoubtguy
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM

Basically if I buy tickets to the two friendlies AND the champions league games, I get upgraded from the red waiting list to the gold waiting list. Hmm...tempting, tempting! But I don't want to see (or pay for) the international friendlies

that kinda sucks for people who are on the Red list, but tight on cash....

rocker
05-23-2008, 02:03 PM
isn't that just a side offer tho?
you can still buy the Nutrilite (!) tourney tickets without getting the friendlies, right?
you will just not get the bump to gold list.

giambac
05-23-2008, 02:36 PM

It's a money making scham. Why in the fuck are they forcing you to buy tickets to international games to move up on the waiting list.

This is almost as bogus as the scham during the winter. In order to guarantee a ticket for The LA game (BECKHAM who now is not playing) you had to purchase (I believe it was )10 tickets to the Marlie games. whatt the fuck does soccer have to do with minor league hockey. It was a scham and the fans were getting screwed. Now they are trying to screw you into buying international game tickets.

FUCK MLSE

Sab0tage
05-23-2008, 02:38 PM
There are already so many people on the Gold waiting list who will have access to season tickets before these people who will buy this package. It's pricing isn't bad but I don't really think the part about moving up is worth it.

Stencils
05-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I see the 'gold' waiting list as a bonus here, not the reason to get the tickets. And if you think there's a lot of people on the gold list, consider how many are on the red one.

For me this is perfect. I can't get to many of the main event Saturday games because of a course I'm taking, but these I CAN get to.

Plus, it's TFC! Any win we get is a confidence booster to the team and to us. Who cares if it's a friendly. Momentum is momentum no matter where you get it.

And...I like football? That counts as a good reason to get these right?

Oldtimer
05-23-2008, 03:27 PM
that kinda sucks for people who are on the Red list, but tight on cash....

If you can afford ST, you can afford this (which is a lot less).
If you can't afford this, no point being on the list.

olegunnar
05-23-2008, 03:42 PM
If you can afford ST, you can afford this (which is a lot less).
If you can't afford this, no point being on the list.

That's assuming this package is the only one they'll buy/ have to budget for.
What if they've already spent money on Ticketmaster single game tickets, or a half season or Marlies pack?

Nomad
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I got the email, clicked the link to access the tickets but it still told me "https://oss.ticketmaster.com/images/x.gif
You do not have the access to view any of the price codes for this event. If you wish to contact us regarding this event, please contact us at ."

Bah, i'll just call them on Monday.

King Jeff
05-23-2008, 03:59 PM
That's assuming this package is the only one they'll buy/ have to budget for.
What if they've already spent money on Ticketmaster single game tickets, or a half season or Marlies pack?

If they've bought a half-season pack, they're already on the Gold list and there's no advantage.

VPjr
05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Why in the fuck are they forcing you to buy tickets to international games to move up on the waiting list.

BECAUSE THEY CAN.

There are other ways to move up the waiting list too and they all involved spending money. It's called Supply and Demand. You mentioned in another post that MLSE is not a charity....you're damn right their not and this is a good example of that. Getting upset about it is ridiculous. If you ran the business and didn't do this very same thing then you would not be very good at your job. It's called incenting your clients to buy something they might not otherwise buy. No different that going to Foot Locker and getting a "buy 1 pair of shoes, get the 2nd at 50% off" offer.

As far as I see it, it's one hell of a good way to ensure that there is more interest for their friendlies and the Canada Cup matches. The fact that the prices for the tickets are very reasonable makes it ok with me. if they tried to really hose the customers who are desperate to get a higher spot on the waiting list, then I would have a problem with it.

giambac
05-23-2008, 05:16 PM
BECAUSE THEY CAN.

There are other ways to move up the waiting list too and they all involved spending money. It's called Supply and Demand. You mentioned in another post that MLSE is not a charity....you're damn right their not and this is a good example of that. Getting upset about it is ridiculous. If you ran the business and didn't do this very same thing then you would not be very good at your job. It's called incenting your clients to buy something they might not otherwise buy. No different that going to Foot Locker and getting a "buy 1 pair of shoes, get the 2nd at 50% off" offer.

As far as I see it, it's one hell of a good way to ensure that there is more interest for their friendlies and the Canada Cup matches. The fact that the prices for the tickets are very reasonable makes it ok with me. if they tried to really hose the customers who are desperate to get a higher spot on the waiting list, then I would have a problem with it.

Listen I totally agree with you and I know whay they are doing it. That's my point all along. It's economics, supply & demand and yet from the other threads people (no names mentioned ) think that MLSE are generous and giving things out for free.

They are in the business to generate profit and will do whatever it atkes and that's why they are using these tactics. It's part of their job and yet people keep saying things are beong given out for free.

Maybe you should try an dexplaining it onh the other thread. some people don't understand Economics 101, an dthey think what I'm posting is ridiculous.??????