PDA

View Full Version : Reality Vs. Football Manager

[NBF]
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
:canada:Ok, so I'm a homer for asking this, but what the heck I'll be a homer.

I was playing TFC in FM2008, I tried the 4-3-2-1 formation with my 3 midfielders set as defensive midfielders and the 2 as attacking midfielders and I had alot of success.

So my question is, could the real TFC have success in this type of formation.

:yesnod:Version 1 ____________________________:yesnod:Version 2
-------------Sutton------------- -------------Sutton--------------
Wynne--Velez--Marshall--Brennan Wynne--Velez--Marshall--Dunivant
-------------------------------- ---------------------------------
--Rosenlund--Robinson--Harmse-- -*Rosenlund--Robinson--Brennan--
-------------------------------- ----------------------------------
------Guevara-------DeRosario-- ----Guevara-------Ricketts-------
-------------Barrett------------ ----------DeRosario--------------

*In V.2 I would go with either Harmse in Midfield or Marshall with Harmse playing CB.

So, this kinda looks like a 4-3-3, but you basically are passing it to your playmakers through the middle and the playmakers pass it to your target man which is either Barrett or DeRosario with Dichio as a sub.

So, if you enjoyed my thread give me a feedback on whether my 4-3-2-1 idea would work in the MLS, if not I leave you with a video that only true TFC/ FM2008 Homer's would enjoy!

:drinking:Here's The Best of Phil Collins: "Baaaaaaam! Peanut Butter and Jaaaam!":drinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evCj25UtfLM

Yohan
12-29-2008, 10:35 PM
are you that bored?

[NBF]
12-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I got nothin........

Even with the draft coming up its almost meaningless.

I asked, because I thought I would get some feedback about the 4-3-2-1.

I do recall TFC passing through the middle of the field more often than all of the sideline crosses into the river. I think Barrett prefers to run onto the ball anyways and this would allow him to do so.

I am disappointed though that my video of Phil Collins didnt go through:sad:

jloome
12-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Dude, if it makes you feel any better, with respect to the database, Everton actually signed a deal to get open access to it for scouting, and both Jose Mourinho and Harry Redknapp have both admitted using it in the past to identify real-life players.

Beyond that, you have to figure there's an "ease of success" element to it, or it wouldn't be the best-selling game it is. For example, I doubt Newport County would actually allow me to blow my wage budget by 4,000 pounds a week, or that a B.Square team would successfully sign internationals from Chad and Liberia.

zeelaw
12-30-2008, 02:32 AM
lol..... lol

CretanBull
12-30-2008, 02:54 AM
4-4-2

SLBuu
12-30-2008, 03:22 PM
when there was that team that was bought out by internet investors from around the world, the guy heading the organization used FM as credentials in player management. He also stated and swore he took some 4th division team to premiere league glory in 5 or 6 seasons without cheating. BAHAHA

I laughed for a week.

Jeff s
12-30-2008, 06:40 PM
when there was that team that was bought out by internet investors from around the world, the guy heading the organization used FM as credentials in player management. He also stated and swore he took some 4th division team to premiere league glory in 5 or 6 seasons without cheating. BAHAHA

I laughed for a week.

I dunno man anything is possible int hat game.
I took a really weak 2nd division Portuguese team, 2 seasons later, finished second in the first division.....

Toronto fc also became mls champs in 08 :eek:

SLBuu
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I took a really weak 2nd division Portuguese team, 2 seasons later, finished second in the first division.....

Toronto fc also became mls champs in 08 :eek:

hey, im not knocking the game.... personally i love it. I took GD Peniche which was in the 3rd tier division C league team to the Champions league in 4 or 5 season.

Im just laughing at the guy using it as credentials for player management in real life. i no doubt do not believe i could do the same in real life. LOL

trane
01-02-2009, 08:48 AM
;315926']I got nothin........

Even with the draft coming up its almost meaningless.

I asked, because I thought I would get some feedback about the 4-3-2-1.

I do recall TFC passing through the middle of the field more often than all of the sideline crosses into the river. I think Barrett prefers to run onto the ball anyways and this would allow him to do so.

I am disappointed though that my video of Phil Collins didnt go through:sad:

I think that 4-3-2-1 is what they should play with Dichio ( if healthy) as the lone striker, and DeRo and Barret as the two attacking mids.

King Jeff
01-03-2009, 12:17 PM

Example 1:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7489/velezpotwse9.jpg

Ron Manager
01-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Jeff, what tactics do you use for TFC?

Jeffro
01-04-2009, 02:39 AM
4-2-3-1

Yohan
01-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Example 1:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7489/velezpotwse9.jpg
and Barrett is consistently 12-17 goal scorer for TFC :noidea:

King Jeff
01-04-2009, 09:05 AM
4-2-3-1

Or, if you meant me, I always play variations of 4-4-2. If we're favoured in a game, I play an attacking 4-4-2, if it's pretty much an even game, I'll play a flat midfield. When we're the underdog, I drop the central midfielders back.

The key in the last couple years has been to use wingers. Especially in the 3d engine, as players don't seem to be able to exploit space in the middle of the park as well as they should. Just push wide and fire crosses in to Dichio.

I may have spent a little too much time playing CM/FM games over the past 15 years :o