footyfan
05-23-2008, 09:55 AM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/05/morning_kickaround_30.html

TorontoBlades
05-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Blades hates Steve Goff

Nuvinho
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
who cares about Goofy......he is just mad his team lost, and will lose again on Saturday.

S_D
05-23-2008, 10:06 AM
who cares what he thinks. Bottles aren't being tossed with the streamers.

ilikemusic
05-23-2008, 10:12 AM
but inevitably someone is going to include a bottle in their handful of streamers (intentionally or not)

Why would it be unintentional? :canada:

Lucky Strike
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Just a sore loser. Claudio Reyna had more class when he said he liked them when they were thrown at him.

Oldtimer
05-23-2008, 10:15 AM
So what?

TFC Tifoso
05-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Good for Goff (or Goof, whatever you prefer)....one day someone will throw a bottle...yeah probably. Until then fuck you, shut up...thanks.

GabrielHurl
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Good for Goff (or Goof, whatever you prefer)....one day someone will throw a bottle...yeah probably. Until then fuck you, shut up...thanks.

it has already happened

Carts
05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
it has already happened

And nobody died or ended up in hospital...

Goff lost and is pissed...

As he said, moving on to his squad sucking LOL...

Carts...

PS: to the RPB road warriors going to DC, more more more more more more more more more streamers than you first thought... And a nice - "this streamer is for Goff" sign... LOL

footyfan
05-23-2008, 10:30 AM
who cares about Goofy......he is just mad his team lost, and will lose again on Saturday.

Actually DC United is not Goff's team. He is a journalist and does not have a rooting interest. He has gotten into more hotwater with the team for reporting detailed observations of practices to the point where he is banned from them (they only do closed practices to keep him out now).

footyfan
05-23-2008, 10:32 AM
And nobody died or ended up in hospital...

No but they could have. You guys need to stop that shit for real. Streamers are OK, bottles are not. How would you like it if the barra threw a bottle at Dichio?

Ossington Mental Youth
05-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Dichio would slaughter them and their families.
Goff sucks anyways, Ives has always been the better well rounded writer with regards to the MLS
Noone throws bottles on the regular, there have maybe been 1 or two incidents in the past and people get banned for life, so i wouldnt worry about it.

werewolf
05-23-2008, 10:46 AM
oh no! not Goff! what are we going to do now!?!?!

talk about overstating ones importance.

TFC Tifoso
05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
it has already happened

Well there's no place for that. Besides it was probably thrown by some drunk fuck who would've done it streamers or not.

TFC Tifoso
05-23-2008, 10:49 AM
No but they could have. You guys need to stop that shit for real. Streamers are OK, bottles are not. How would you like it if the barra threw a bottle at Dichio?

Dichio would eat the bottle and spit it back at barra in the form of hollow point bullets.

ilikemusic
05-23-2008, 10:58 AM

Irellevant. The bottle would shatter itself once it got within 10 feet of him.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Dichio eats broken glass for breakfast every morning!!!!!

Then he shits out logs bigger and with a lot more talent then Marcelo Gallardo!!!

Fuck you guys got ripped off with Gallardo!!

dantdot
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Slippery slope is a logical fallacy therefor is not a valid argument, please try again.

Lucky Strike
05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Danny Dichio."

Do we have a new Chuck Norris?

Carts
05-23-2008, 01:01 PM

Honestly, I'd feel the same way I do when someone (rarely) tosses one at BMO...

Look, some guy is drunk and pissed off... No big deal... (a better question would be how the person snuck a glass bottle, or capped plastice bottle in to BMO)...

Should it happen - NO...
Do I do it - NO...
Do I like it - meh, not really but don't hate it...
Is it a HUGE deal - NO...

BUT, every time a whiny reporters team loses are we going to hear "... I don't like the streamers or supporters (WAIT: that's not going to make a headline so I'll add) soon its going to be a bottle and hospitalize someone (there, that'll catch people's attention)..."

I'm really looking forward to Philly and the Sons of Ben coming into the league... When they're the "talk of the league" (being the new guys and hopefully an excellent, rowdy, passionate supporters group - which it appears it will be by their early work) they can take the flack from all the jealous cities/writers/bloggers etc etc etc...

It really is a shame your team/fans don't have more or you, so you could chat away with them about Goff and his little articles (and based on the support I see at DC, I'm suprised you do have to come here for things like this - I always thought the Eagles and Brava had big numbers. They certainly treated us well last year with a great tailgate)...

Carts...

Carts
05-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Besides it was probably thrown by some drunk fuck who would've done it streamers or not.

QFT.

We see beers throw at NFL games, nobody throws streamers...

Carts...

jloome
05-23-2008, 01:04 PM
FF, this argument is retarded. They've got bans in place on ANYTHING being thrown all over Europe, and yet the preferred choices there tend to be coins, keys and batteries. Streamers, if nothing else, give them a safe alternative.

And the bottle being discussed was PLASTIC, and EMPTY. So quit the typical North American hysterical overreaction, would you?

etro
05-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Funny article. Sounds a lot like the "Marijuana is the gateway to harder drugs!" argument to me LOL!

noochie
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM
You know... we happen to have a "Post" paper also that I never read nor care for.

Cambridge_Red
05-23-2008, 02:26 PM
This is what passes for journalism? He went to a match at BMO and all he could write about was streamers??? Get your thumb out of your bum Goff you idiot.

TFC07
05-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Who the hell is Goff?

Cambridge_Red
05-24-2008, 02:15 AM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=259

Good question indeed!

Roogsy
05-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Funny enough...speaking about sportscasters that hate streamers...I ran into Wilborn at a Saks store in DC.

JDG
05-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Funny enough...speaking about sportscasters that hate streamers...I ran into Wilborn at a Saks store in DC.

Did you give him a shot to the head?

BBBulldog
05-25-2008, 04:47 PM

he's not fan of DC :D

Roogsy
05-25-2008, 05:06 PM
LOL!

He's actually a big guy! I am 6'...so he must be 6'3"...I told him I catch PTI all the time but as a Toronto FC supporter I had an issue with his opinion on streatmers and he should give TFC and MLS another look.

He didn't need to know I was one of the few that agreed with him about the streamer...LOL!

ExiledRed
05-25-2008, 11:25 PM
. How would you like it if the barra threw a bottle at Dichio?

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/ExiledRed/hellfire.jpg