PDA

View Full Version : Generation Adidas News

Nuvinho
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I figure a one-stop shop for all the GA news filtering out:

The Insider has confirmed that midfielder Jeremy Hall and defender-midfielder Rodney Wallace, who decided to leave Maryland early to turn pro, are planning to sign with MLS. Negotiations are apparently in the late stages. There had been speculation that Europe was an option for both players. MLS is expected to unveil several Generation Adidas signings (non-college seniors) in the coming weeks. We told you the other day that Terps defender Omar Gonzalez passed up opportunities in Mexico to sign with MLS.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/12/hall_wallace_to_mls.html#more

kodiakTFC
12-22-2008, 12:41 PM
The most interesting part of that article was the Gonzalez turned down Mexican offers, just proves MLS is getting better.

VPjr
12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
The most interesting part of that article was the Gonzalez turned down Mexican offers, just proves MLS is getting better.

or that the offer from Mexico was not from a Primera team. there is more to Mexican football than just the top division.

its like some kid saying, "i passed up europe for MLS"....well, what he might not be not telling you is that he passed up playing 2nd division in Lichtenstein for a semi-pro squad.

jloome
12-22-2008, 06:17 PM
or that the offer from Mexico was not from a Primera team. there is more to Mexican football than just the top division.

its like some kid saying, "i passed up europe for MLS"....well, what he might not be not telling you is that he passed up playing 2nd division in Lichtenstein for a semi-pro squad.

....and even then, at their relative inexperience, they may be looking at a development/reserve squad deal.

Nuvinho
12-23-2008, 01:37 PM
More GA news

The Insider has learned that junior Kevin Alston, an outside defender from Indiana who was a Big Ten first-team selection, has agreed to a Generation Adidas contract with MLS and will be available in the Jan. 15 draft. He is from Silver Spring, Md., attended Good Counsel High School and played for the USA in the Under-17 World Cup in 2005. Indiana announced Monday he was leaving school early. Alston (http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/alston_kevin00.html) has signed with mega-agency Wasserman Media Group.

Nuvinho
01-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I couldn't find any of the other mock draft threads started before, and I don't really want to start a new thread every mock draft is out.

Ives has his new one out.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/01/sbi-mls-mock-draft-version-30.html

After reading it, it seems that Opara doesn't really want to play in Seattle or Toronto?? But will declare if its LA or DC.

LA swapping picks with Toronto to take Opara.......will we get Jazic and his high salary??

Ossington Mental Youth
01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
i doubt it
Theres no way Mo would gamble on Jazic, his injuries and his high salary

joesoccerfan
01-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Much more likely is the suggestion that Mo swaps one of the picks to FCD for Serioux and TWO first round picks. I like that one a lot better.

gus
01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Do a deal with Dallas that includes picks 2 & 4 (whatever the package) to get Serioux.
Dallas wants Gonzalez, as does the Galaxy who have pick 3.
Dallas has pick 5. Do the deal.

Read the write ups on Gonzalez, they are the same as Julius James from last year.

TFC should pick youth, Gen A, if they pick at all.

I too would like to see the picks packaged for proven MLS vets.

VPjr
01-04-2009, 10:07 PM
^ I'm pretty sure John Carver and the coaching staff shares your sentiments.

They need to start winning and challenging for the Play-offs. More college players coming into the roster won't do much to accomplish that goal. Established players will.

I would be surprised if TFC keeps any of their 3 1st round picks.