PDA

View Full Version : La Game Becks?

mick.seagulls
05-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Now to those who love or hate Becks....I have no preference might he be there now along with Ladycakes....if England just play the US then they have time to get back to play in Toronto 3 days later. The only reason he wasn't coming was because of the T&T game and that is now in doubt.....See Below

Thoughts?

England's friendly match against Trinidad and Tobago on 1 June could be cancelled in a domestic row over rental terms for the stadium.
The country's Ministry of Sports owns the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
But the Caribbean nation's football federation (TTFF) are in dispute with them over advertising and rental fees.
Fifa vice-president Jack Warner, a TTFF special advisor, said unless the terms of the agreement were changed the England match would be cancelled.
"If the sports minister does not answer and withdraw this agreement, we have authorised our attorney to file an injunction to restrain the minister for imposing these conditions," he said.
"If the injunction fails, the match fails, I refund people their money and apologise to the world.
"If the injunction wins, then the game is on. If the minister chooses to withdraw this today, then there is no injunction, the game is on."
A letter from the TTFF's attorney, published in the local media on Wednesday, said the conditions demanded by the ministry "will result in a breach of contract with the English FA and may result in a cancellation of the match".
The dispute is the latest in a series of rows involving the TTFF and comes after it was ordered by an arbitration panel in London this week to pay its 2006 World Cup squad extensive bonuses.

Fort York Redcoat
05-23-2008, 07:10 AM
If he doesn't make the Toronto game after TT is cancelled the turf conspiracy question will gain some credit...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-23-2008, 07:17 AM
If he doesn't make the Toronto game after TT is cancelled the turf conspiracy question will gain some credit...

hell he played in Salt LAke...and the turf there is 100X worst then the field turf they use in Toronto....

akoto
05-23-2008, 07:20 AM
I really hope for the people of T&T that this match is not cancelled. This would be a once in a lifetime experience for a lot of them. Also, I don't want Soccer Spice at BMO!

olegunnar
05-23-2008, 07:22 AM
It's just Jack Warner being Jack Warner...a douche.
I guess he felt over shadowed by Beckham and wanted some press

akoto
05-23-2008, 07:22 AM
hell he played in Salt LAke...and the turf there is 100X worst then the field turf they use in Toronto....

Exactly! I don't believe that Beck's won't play on the turf. He has and will again play in NY (the so called "Best Game in MLS History") and SLC.

Red CB Toronto
05-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Even though I am a true Reds I would love to see Becks here as I have a reall appreciation for watching the best, David Beckham is one of the best that the game has had in recent times, I loved watch Jordan, Montana, the Great One, so watching Becks would be nice to see.

KdotOdot
05-23-2008, 07:25 AM
Who is this Beckham guy everyone keeps obsessing about? Is he like the white Pele?

mick.seagulls
05-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Even though I am a true Reds I would love to see Becks here as I have a reall appreciation for watching the best, David Beckham is one of the best that the game has had in recent times, I loved watch Jordan, Montana, the Great One, so watching Becks would be nice to see.

I actually saw him play his first pro game. It was a League Cup game vs Brighton (my English team) he was subbed in...... I always laugh at people that think he is shite......I don't think you can say that about anyone that is about to play 101 international game for his country....anyway this is not a becks bashing thread, its a discussion about that he might actually play against us

denime
05-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Now to those who love or hate Becks....I have no preference might he be there now along with Ladycakes....if England just play the US then they have time to get back to play in Toronto 3 days later. The only reason he wasn't coming was because of the T&T game and that is now in doubt.....See Below

Thoughts?

It is already posted in NEWS THREAD.
Today's News (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=843)

DON'T START MULTIPLE THREADS,PLEASE

:nono:

Rochdale
05-23-2008, 08:02 AM
It's just Jack Warner being Jack Warner...a douche.
I guess he felt over shadowed by Beckham and wanted some press

The only reason England are going there is because Jack "Corrupt" Warner has so much power that England hope he will influence delegates to pick them to host the 2018 World Cup.

Chevy
05-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Who is this Beckham guy everyone keeps obsessing about? Is he like the white Pele?

Duh!! Don't you know Landon Donovan is the white Pele? Where have you been the last two years???

:D

MisterMacphisto
05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
====================

Juanito
05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
I hope he comes because I will admit, I LIKE HIM! The bigger problem is the fact that these "friendlies" (there's no such thing) seriously impede with the MLS schedule. If we are losing players like this, the MLS should file a formal complaint with FIFA to make sure that scheduling conflicts don't occur.

FluSH
05-23-2008, 08:27 AM

We need to get rid of the Turf... it's well known that most of the players don't like it... in fact their is probably a gag order preventing them to say anything against it...

Heathen
05-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Duh!! Don't you know Landon Donovan is the white Pele? Where have you been the last two years???

:D

No according to the MLS, Pele is the Black Donovan

TorontoBlades
05-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Donovan is the balding Barry Melrose

Pachuco
05-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I for one don't want to see Beckham at BMO. We will already be missing three starters (At a minimum) for that game and all I care about right now is getting 3 points.

Ladies Love Julius James
05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I really hope for the people of T&T that this match is not cancelled. This would be a once in a lifetime experience for a lot of them. Also, I don't want Soccer Spice at BMO!

Agreed...are country is going down with a rise in murders, aids, and high inflation prices...watching Beckham would be amazing for the people that grew up watching him.

TFC_Junky
05-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I for one don't want to see Beckham at BMO. We will already be missing three starters (At a minimum) for that game and all I care about right now is getting 3 points.

3??? WHO? I know Edu got the nod from the US but who else are we losing?

ACSertL
05-23-2008, 11:46 AM
3??? WHO? I know Edu got the nod from the US but who else are we losing?

Brennan and Sutton got called up to the Canadian squad for the match against Brazil on the 31st.

RPB_TFC_FAN
05-23-2008, 11:54 AM
so players potentially missing this match ;
Toronto FC : Brennan , Sutton , Edu
LA Galaxy: Beckham , Donovan , Antic

DinamoTFC
05-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Isn't Robinson going to be missing for this match too since he will be playing for the Welsh NT vs Netherlands?

ACSertL
05-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that's right, I forgot about Robbo.

So Rosenlund and Harmse or Phelan and Harmse in the middle?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Donovan is the balding Barry Melrose

There's only one Landon Donovan
There's only one Landon Donovan
With a pocket of sweets
And a Cheeky smile
Donovan is a foooookin PEDOPHILE!

Pachuco
05-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Isn't Robinson going to be missing for this match too since he will be playing for the Welsh NT vs Netherlands?

Oh dear, Honduras is playing Haiti May 31st. Looks like we will be missing 5 starters, including in my opinion, our best player Guevara.

Sutton
Brennan
Robinson
Edu
Guevara

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh dear, Honduras is playing Haiti May 31st. Looks like we will be missing 5 starters, including in my opinion, our best player Guevara.

Sutton
Brennan
Robinson
Edu
Guevara

Time for Ricketts..and a few other players to step up.....!

RPB_TFC_FAN
05-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Sutton
Brennan
Robinson
Edu
Guevara

oh god
thats nearly half of our starting lineup

losing our starting
keeper , defense, and 3 mids

ACSertL
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I still think there is cause for optimism...LA is a weak squad without Beckham and Donovan so even though we are missing 5 regulars I don't think its really the end of the world.

With that said, no reason to take the Galaxy lightly even without the teeth of their team. The 12th man will need to be very influential.

ACSertL
05-23-2008, 01:05 PM
And they'll still have Abel Xavier :D

Dunc
05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
We've got the depth to take care of this. Honestly it just hit me when I was watching the broadcast of the DC match and they brought up a list of the subs each team had on the bench, and it really sunk in what a great squad we've got.

Cunningham
Smith
Dunivant
Tebily
James

lineup would still be great putting Robert in Guevara's attacking mid spot, replacing his place on the wing with Smith (or Ricketts on the left with Smith on the right).

Dunivant at LB, Velez at RB, and Marshall and either Tebily or James at CB.

for our other CDM, replacing Edu, maybe James or Tebily, whichever one isn't at CB, could fill that role.

and edwards in keeper of course

it's fucking incredible the depth we have this year considering how shit our depth was last season. Having four of our starting XI out last season meant certain defeat

Dunc
05-23-2008, 01:23 PM
eh I totally forgot about Robinson, but still i don't think we're in trouble. There's still Harmse, Phelan, and a ton of other plays that would be fine in a pinch.

And Galaxy is having half their goddamned salary cap missing for this game, we really shouldn't have any problems.

werewolf
05-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I just saw golden balls at the Lakers game :noidea:

Jeff s
05-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't want him hear, I don't want all the little girls come out and cheer every time he touches the ball.

Daveisonfire
05-23-2008, 10:22 PM
I couldn't give a shit if he played or not...in all honestly.

pepher
05-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Little Jack Warner,
Sat in his corner,
Hoping to charge 'advertising' upto the sky.

He held England for ransom,
Told T&T they "can't have some",
And said,
"What a rich boy, am I"