PDA

View Full Version : How excited are you for the new season?

MUFC_Niagara
12-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I for one can not wait for March to get here!

dag
12-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm FINALLY a season ticket-holder, and we've got DeRo. As much as I looked forward to the club's premier season, I cannot wait for next spring.

Razcle
12-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Season 1, I had no idea what to expect and the soccer was shit for the first many games.

Season 2, My expectations weren't high because we couldn't sign anyone and thus the team remained pretty much the same as the end of year 1

Season 3, We got De Ro.........and serious talk of a DP....Enough said...

Deee Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-o-o-o
Deee Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-o-o
Deee Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-o-o-o
Deee Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-o-o

Na Na Na - Na Na Na- Na Na Na

Roogsy
12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
For me it was Season 1.

Season 2 and Season 3 anticipation have been great, but there was nothing like the countdown to day we could reserve our seats, the day of the draft, the day BMO was opened to the STH, the first game at the Elephant and Castle and finally...the first game at BMO Field.

Season 1 holds a special place in my heart forever.

TorCanSoc
12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
I can't wait for that first goal, and 20,000 people doing the DeRo shake & bake !!

rocker
12-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I didn't anticipate Season 1 that much really. certainly not as I am now, in December.
I had no clue how crazy the fans would be or that it would be sold out. Becks hadn't signed to MLS, so the hype of that wasn't around here.

I think Season 2 I was maybe a bit more psyched up than Season 3 upcoming... I had unrealistic expectations I guess.

Canadian Blue
12-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Of we get a DP or a few other quality signings then I will be excited for this upcoming season. As it stands right now I don't want to put too much pressure or anticipation of results solely on Dero's sholders

Boris
12-19-2008, 08:34 PM
I think if we can sign some defense id feel more at ease...
Currently, i look at our back and am not confident at all.

Regardless, i cannnnnot wait at all for march to come by. To me thats like the real christmas.

MrHawk
12-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Lousy Smarch Weather

Yohan
12-19-2008, 10:32 PM
ask me in a few weeks after the DP signing (if it ever happens)

James Oliphant
12-19-2008, 11:37 PM
I am very excited about the new season....

...of Flight of the Conchords.

Cashcleaner
12-20-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm pumped about the upcoming season here in Toronto, no doubt. But I'd still have to say the most anticipation was for our inaugural season. Back then, we were just so excited to have a new professional team in town and there was so much talk and speculation going on.

olegunnar
12-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Season 2 for sure.

Season one was great and with the promised improvements I thought season 2 was going to be a great success. Then there was all the planning for the Columbus trip and bus after bus having to be added due to demand. The Columbus game couldn't come soon enough.

This year my excitement is muted because Mo et al have lost a lot of trust/repsect from all the bs thrown at us in the past couple of years, the revolvong door of trialists and rumours and the track record of having a patchwork roster later into the season.

Nodoubtguy
12-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Season 1 was special for so many reasons.....nothing will ever be like that

Season 2 was fun....not a huge success, but fun

Season 3 should be a good one if our team is competitive.....which I think they will be

ensco
12-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm surprised by the vote. It was Season 2 by a mile.

Season 1 was hard to know what to expect. Getting news was difficult. Nobody knew if anyone would really care, even with the Beckham effect. I will never forget that first game against KC because, even though we lost, that was when I/we realized we had something special here! (I remember thinking that Reda was going to be MVP based on the advanced press the guy was getting on RPB!!!....that deserves its own thread!)

Season 3, even with the DeRo news, we're just that little bit jaded, we've tasted real disappointment, and we've come to the grinding realization that Toronto has real disadvantages, and not advantages, in luring players to play here. We also understand the other teams, and the league, much better now, I think we all thought winning would be easier than it turns out to be...

But Season 2, with how good we'd looked before the injuries did us in Season 1, and with the afterglow from that Dichio goal, the tournament with Montreal and Vancouver to look forward to, and the huge Columbus buildup...that was special

Pachuco
12-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Up until we signed Dero, Season 1 for me. Then Dero came :)

Drew
12-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Very excited - also a first time season ticket holder.

ask me in a few weeks after the DP signing (if it ever happens)

I thought I recognized that avy from somewhere ;)

twistedchinaman
12-21-2008, 12:01 AM
First trip to BMO for this Westerner in Year 3...hells yes I'm damn pumped.

Also new players and a new western road trip -- Seattle. It should be fan-fucking-tasta-feckin-riffic.

king dave
12-21-2008, 12:40 AM
It's only December and March isn't that far away when you think about it.
I'm in Charleston for the Charleston Challenge Cup March 6-16, doing KC the next weekend , Columbus the following weekend (Yes, I said Columbus) and home opener in April.
The DeRo acquistition and a DP, TBA in the new year, makes this the most exciting off-season.
KD.

H Bomb
12-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Year one....I've been waiting my whole life for a team to shout at...who could hear me at least. I'm used to losing so my results expectations remain low at all times....which is fine because it doesn't make winning any less awesome

Erkan16
12-21-2008, 08:34 AM
season 1 was great... but i am FINALLY off the Red List so this season means the most to me. if you can believe, i refrained from going to any TFC games at all until I got them through the season ticket process.

ensco
12-21-2008, 10:23 AM
season 1 was great... but i am FINALLY off the Red List so this season means the most to me. if you can believe, i refrained from going to any TFC games at all until I got them through the season ticket process.

Let me guess... no sex before marriage for you? ;)

Roogsy
12-21-2008, 12:20 PM

To each his own I suppose...not sure why you would do this though, you've only deprived yourself.

Yohan
12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I thought I recognized that avy from somewhere ;)
should have recognized the name before the avatar ;)

MUFC_Niagara
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I voted for season 3 only because the results were so poor in the first 2 seasons that each new season brings renewed optimism

FluSH
12-21-2008, 09:44 PM
besides a DP... I would be even more excited if they made a new version of the TFC winter jacket. I have the grey one which I bought the during the first TFC game... and I would love to have a new version of it.

MUFC_Niagara
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM
besides a DP... I would be even more excited if they made a new version of the TFC winter jacket. I have the grey one which I bought the during the first TFC game... and I would love to have a new version of it.

I would bet there is one coming out this year with the new TFC line of training strip...

Beach_Red
12-21-2008, 09:49 PM

Yes, when we're in the Champions League next year there could be home games in February - we'll need red parkas.

FluSH
12-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I would bet there is one coming out this year with the new TFC line of training strip...

I hope so... here are the good old days... first game of the season:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Kenny31/Stands112.jpg

That's Old School FluSH (some say I was happier back then haha), Pronto beside me... and a few other well known RPB's above and below me... bonus points if you can guess who

MUFC_Niagara
12-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Stephen Harper, aka Mike Dubrik on the bottom....Antonska next to him.

SQUIRREL
12-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm sooooo excited about the 3rd season. It's my first year as a season ticket holder and we got DeRo (and possibly a DP).

As for the jacket that FLUSH was talking about, I would love for them to come back with those starter jacket that used to be so popular in the 90's, with the kangaroo pouch at the front and a giant logo of your team. I used to love my Redskins jacket that I had with the pouch and giant logo on the back. It would look awesome with a giant TFC logo and a pouch to put my wallet and other things in it.

gtaguy
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
i think every year has been something good about it .. first year was our grand opening (low expectations in quality of play), second years was our positive progress towards a playoff birth.3rd year is the solidifying of the team and the much needed additions to make us a playoff contender. with the way the team is molding and the much needed additions. I think toronto fc will become a very tough and challenging team to play at home and away..
4th and 5th years.. will be our sss revamps to make bmo truelly ours with some really needed stadium upgrades ( more seats and some really nice real green grass on the pitch.. as for supporters i encourage all presidents of supporter groups to get together to solidify our chanting and stand support..

Super
12-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Different excitement for me this time around. We've matured more, and now at least we know the league better and we've established ourselves as a team in the league. This 3rd season will feel more like a real season to me. I feel like I can allow myself to have expectations of great things to come.

flatpicker
12-23-2008, 08:31 AM
I don't really care... I'm actually not that interested in soccer... I just like scarves a lot.

wzhxvy
12-23-2008, 06:02 PM
I am fully in support of whatever activity/hobby that allows RPBs to come out of their shell/closet ^.

Fort York Redcoat
12-25-2008, 09:37 AM
The season upcoming always has the most anticipation.

Antoshka
12-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I hope so... here are the good old days... first game of the season:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Kenny31/Stands112.jpg

That's Old School FluSH (some say I was happier back then haha), Pronto beside me... and a few other well known RPB's above and below me... bonus points if you can guess who

woot, haha, first season all the way!
still feeling those goosebumps!