PDA

View Full Version : Ives' Mock Draft

H Bomb
12-18-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/12/sbi-mls-mock-draft-version-10.html#more

Ossington Mental Youth
12-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Looks pretty reasonable to me

egoodwin
12-18-2008, 06:58 PM
i want TFC to get Tossaint Ricketts

TFCREDNWHITE
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
OB White has a massive knee injury.....in footy you never mess with the knees! once they take a massive hit, they will never be the same!!

Ossington Mental Youth
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
i want TFC to get Tossaint Ricketts

we all would, still dunno if hes signing to the MLS, prob fancies his chances overseas playing for Dagenham and Red or whatever.
Sigh.
I hate that shit but its a fact of life with the MLS and its current structure

Ossington Mental Youth
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
I dont necessarily see us making a grab for Obrien that early but it wouldnt surprise me if we did

Lucky Strike
12-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Because of the injury, I can't see O'Brien White being taken any higher than the 13th pick (the 3rd best that TFC owns).

egoodwin
12-18-2008, 07:09 PM
we all would, still dunno if hes signing to the MLS, prob fancies his chances overseas playing for Dagenham and Red or whatever.
Sigh.
I hate that shit but its a fact of life with the MLS and its current structure
he'd rather play league 2?

ensco
12-19-2008, 08:23 AM
He has Seattle taking Tracy and us taking Ike Opara and O'Brien White.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/12/sbi-mls-mock-draft-version-10.html#more

Lots of discussion elsewhere about whether Tracey will go first, given that he is not a GA player.

Hard to believe White will go at the number 4 overall slot given his injury.

EDIT: thanks mod for putting this where this belongs

CretanBull
12-19-2008, 09:01 AM
I'd be really happy with Ike Opara!

Seatle have lots of cap space and probably aren't concerned by Tracy's non-Gen Adidas status...and new teams always need goal scoring.

I'd like to see O'Brian White come to Toronto, but not with the 4th pick...if he's available at 13th he's worth a look.

Steve
12-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd be really happy with Ike Opara!

Seatle have lots of cap space and probably aren't concerned by Tracy's non-Gen Adidas status...and new teams always need goal scoring.

I'd like to see O'Brian White come to Toronto, but not with the 4th pick...if he's available at 13th he's worth a look.

Agreed. I don't see Mo taking white any sooner than 13th (if he even takes him at 13, might wait for round 2). Mo is known for playing the game. He uses strategy to not only take who he wants, but to know who other teams will take so he can maximize his return. Look at Altidore (who was drafted in the second round by Mo, in the same year as Wynne). White is not only injured, he's old, and he's Canadian. Other teams will be much less likely to use up not only a roster spot, but an international spot, on an injured player who might never fully recover. Mo will be smart to take him (he might as well since he's Canadian), but I think it would be a huge waste to take him at 4th. I would say 13th if and only if Mo doesn't see any other player still available that is useful for either trading, or using.

Remember, by the time we get to our second round draft pick, we'll be on our 4th player before most teams get to choose their 2nd (and some their first). Few teams will choose their first player on an injured Canadian, so we might as well use our 4th.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
he'd rather play league 2?

it was more ro less an example simply because alot of our players would rather make a ton of cash playing in relatively lesser leagues but yeah, hes talked about europe if im not mistaken

Pachuco
12-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Agreed. I don't see Mo taking white any sooner than 13th (if he even takes him at 13, might wait for round 2). Mo is known for playing the game. He uses strategy to not only take who he wants, but to know who other teams will take so he can maximize his return. Look at Adu (who was drafted in the second round by Mo, in the same year as Wynne). White is not only injured, he's old, and he's Canadian. Other teams will be much less likely to use up not only a roster spot, but an international spot, on an injured player who might never fully recover. Mo will be smart to take him (he might as well since he's Canadian), but I think it would be a huge waste to take him at 4th. I would say 13th if and only if Mo doesn't see any other player still available that is useful for either trading, or using.

Remember, by the time we get to our second round draft pick, we'll be on our 4th player before most teams get to choose their 2nd (and some their first). Few teams will choose their first player on an injured Canadian, so we might as well use our 4th.

I think you are assuming that we will have all those picks by the time the draft day arrives. I'm pretty sure we won't. We'll probably have the 2nd or 4th, but not both. That's my guess anyways.

TorontoBlades
12-19-2008, 10:43 AM
OB White has a massive knee injury.....in footy you never mess with the knees! once they take a massive hit, they will never be the same!!

shit I tore my MCL the other week playing at the Hangar...is it over for me and my shot at the MLS

S_D
12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Mo Johnston will be absolutely giddy to be able to grab Opara, a 20-year-old defender with tremendous upside who could play right away

Where have I heard that before lol. @ 20 years old.....Ives is out to lunch.

With the new roster restrictions etc, I bet there are going to be a lot of trades of draft picks. I will be surprised if TFC has more than 1 draft pick in the first round.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-19-2008, 03:28 PM
shit I tore my MCL the other week playing at the Hangar...is it over for me and my shot at the MLS

Not just for the MLS, Its over for you regarding everything..:D