PDA

View Full Version : When will we hear from DeRo ?????

SteeltownBhoy
12-18-2008, 09:20 AM
OK

It's been 5 -6 days I believe.

When will DeRo in introduced at a press conference. Or a least a statement telling the BMO masses about how thrilled he is to-come here.

I sure he is extremely happy, right????????????????

pubboy
12-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Maybe he's on holiday.
What exactly do you want him to say ? It's pretty much common knowledge that he wanted to come and play for us, and it's really his desire that forced them to do the deal with TFC. I dont care about the BS press conference. Cant wait for the first game of the season when he runs out in a TFC kit !!
:party:

ensco
12-18-2008, 09:26 AM
It's cool - after Xmas

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/12/17/dobson_tfc_derosario/

I can see the argument for waiting, and spreading this out. It's a long way to March 21.

Nodoubtguy
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
The one and apparently only guy who is still around town is Director of Soccer Mo Johnston. He laughed when I wondered what was up. He assured me that all is well and when everyone is back after the holidays, there will be what everyone connected with the club likes to call a big splash.

Sounds like theres more to come then the DeRo announcement. Something everyone knows about cannot be considered a big splash.....right??

spark
12-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't think it's that outlandish to speculate that given the January transfer window is arriving that it could be possible we'll be snatching someone up then (hell we could already have agreed with someone in principle right now) and we could see an announcement of DeRo with someone else.

rocker
12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
i still think it ain't hard to run out a press conference for a player. Is there a tight budget on press conferences at MLSE? ;) Is Michelle Lissel too busy? ;)
I didn't realize we had to economize on press conferences in these troubling economic times! ;)

Marco2K
12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I agree that he should have said something by now. Even with his webcam at home.

But i am very excited to hear the news.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-18-2008, 06:34 PM
as mentioned previously, prob gonna wait till we have our DP and a CB to announce them as a package, people will go nuts

VPjr
12-18-2008, 06:34 PM
There are ALOT of emails floating about the interweb....Something's up but I'm not sure what...I think spark is on to something...we might be getting a bigger press conference than just a homecoming party for DeRo.

rocker
12-18-2008, 06:57 PM
as mentioned previously, prob gonna wait till we have our DP and a CB to announce them as a package, people will go nuts

why not have 2?

1 for Dero and 1 for the DP?

like I said, we don't need to economize on press conferences. I believe Dero deserves to be the lone man at a press conference.

shwade
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
why not have 2?

1 for Dero and 1 for the DP?

like I said, we don't need to economize on press conferences. I believe Dero deserves to be the lone man at a press conference.

If there's a DP unveiled at the same time there will be even more media attention/frenzy than just DeRo.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-18-2008, 07:06 PM
There are ALOT of emails floating about the interweb....Something's up but I'm not sure what...I think spark is on to something...we might be getting a bigger press conference than just a homecoming party for DeRo.

Totally.

I dont think its a matter of trying to economize on pressconferences i think its a matter of making a big deal of these signings and saying this years the year we make it to playoffs (and hopefully past that)

Ossington Mental Youth
12-18-2008, 07:07 PM
God id love to see Lucarelli signed here

TorCanSoc
12-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Makes the team look kind of chincy.

Pachuco
12-18-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm still in shock that we got him.

Captain Croatia
12-18-2008, 07:53 PM
^ For real. Who cares if he doesnt talk, if he brings us glory he doesnt have to talk.

dantdot
12-18-2008, 08:37 PM
I think people are reading too much into this, the guy is on vacation right now.

VPjr
12-18-2008, 09:16 PM
I think people are reading too much into this, the guy is on vacation right now.

there are alot of people within the TFC FO that are on vacation right now, not just DeRo. That's likely one reason the press conference.

However, there might a better reason for the delay. Maybe we'll be getting a big new year's present early in January....???

Blizzard
12-18-2008, 09:41 PM
there are alot of people within the TFC FO that are on vacation right now, not just DeRo. That's likely one reason the press conference.

However, there might a better reason for the delay. Maybe we'll be getting a big new year's present early in January....???

I've been told that MLS in Toronto is on vacation.

dantdot
12-18-2008, 10:00 PM

Ok, so what's the deal? Clearly you are hinting at something here and Nigel Reed just pulled the ol' "a little birdy told me" on the soccer show to expect something in the new year. So spill the beans! :D

SweetOwnGoal
12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
It's being reported that camps start around Jan 17, so an announcement in Toronto would probably have to happen before then.

Jack
12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Something will be happening after the holidays are done.

Everyone is away and the TFC staff is in offseason mode. They put in long, hard days during the season (all of the FO staff).

Something big is in the works and they want to make a big splash all at once.