parrott114
12-17-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/12/17/dobson_tfc_derosario/

Shaughno
12-17-2008, 03:37 PM
News section?

MG42
12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I have a feeling dobson knows what's going on but won't drop the bomb...he keeps giving little hints :)

shawn6597
12-17-2008, 03:45 PM
DeRo and mystery DP striker to be unveiled together in the new year!?
the anticipation is almost unbearable :)

BuSaPuNk
12-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I have a feeling dobson knows what's going on but won't drop the bomb...he keeps giving little hints :)

I have a feeling he knows something as well. I wonder this big splash must be the talk of the DP? They have been very close knit about this signing. Wonder who it is?

Shaughno
12-17-2008, 03:48 PM
My guess is that if there IS someone ready, they have to wait until the new year. ie transfer window in Europe. Speculation... BEGIN!

deltox
12-17-2008, 03:50 PM
i mentioned in the other thread...
from dero's website
DERO sent a msg to dynamo fans thanking them,... but thats it so far

TicTacTabarnack
12-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Hehehe ... Keep digging Dobson! :p

"However, Mo is more like one of Santa's elves these days, working hard to bring more presents to the TFC faithful. He was too busy to spend much time chatting Wednesday morning as he was working on another big deal. Who it is, and when it will happen is anybody's guess.

But something is up."

Boris
12-17-2008, 04:02 PM
My guess is that if there IS someone ready, they have to wait until the new year. ie transfer window in Europe. Speculation... BEGIN!

:rofl:
oh man...

TFCREDNWHITE
12-17-2008, 04:06 PM
HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYY SHITE!!!!

I'm gonna explode!!!

Its gonna be BIG BIG BIG!!!! BIG I TELL YA'

TFCREDNWHITE
12-17-2008, 04:06 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh I screaming with anticipation!!!!

MisterMacphisto
12-17-2008, 04:11 PM

I know what you mean. Having a hard time not doing this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4).

shawn6597
12-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I know what you mean. Having a hard time not doing this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4).

AHAHAHA dude i watched this like 3 times - it got funnier each time AHAHAH

Stugatzo
12-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Mo got us a DP and I....
Jizzed in my pants.

stretchthetruth
12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Mo got us a DP and I....
Jizzed in my pants.

hahahahahahaha

it would be cool if they did a big thing where supporters got to attend like they do sometimes in europe (or with beckham)...

BuSaPuNk
12-17-2008, 05:16 PM
hahahahahahaha

it would be cool if they did a big thing where supporters got to attend like they do sometimes in europe (or with beckham)...

That would be nice to bring out DeRo and the DP at the same time.....that would be great and especially if they can keep a lid on the DP until he walks out... :hump:

Gobi
12-17-2008, 05:29 PM
^ I disagree.
Doesn't seem fair to lump the two together in a one big reveal.
Depending on who the DP is, he could seriously overshadow DeRo, who ought to have a bit of a moment in the spotlight alone.

Of course, who the hell knows anyway; it's pure speculation.
Can't believe I'm buying in. :o

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-17-2008, 06:04 PM

Im telling you right now..the big splash will be JDG!:canada:

Thats why dero is on the low.....there waiting t'll January for his close friend to arrive.. any other player then JDG..and DERO would of been revealed.....but this will be special..as the top 2 canadian football players will be revealed together!

:drunk:

shawn6597
12-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Im telling you right now..the big splash will be JDG!:canada:

Thats why dero is on the low.....there waiting t'll January for his close friend to arrive.. any other player then JDG..and DERO would of been revealed.....but this will be special..as the top 2 canadian football players will be revealed together!

Jesus of Nazareth, i hope youre right

werewolf
12-17-2008, 06:17 PM
If there is two players to unveil, hold a press conference at the ACC, open to all fans, free. You can have the players walk out when the arena is configured to Toronto Rock specs and they can juggle the ball a little and address the fans.

brad
12-17-2008, 06:35 PM
JDG has said that he recently (after the column in the Sun was written) that he is not coming to TFC.

Strikers
12-17-2008, 07:33 PM
The good news is that January is around the corner. Can't wait for the announcement. I'm guessing this is going to be big news as some people know who the DP is; it's like they have a Sopranos contract stated that they will die if they ever release the info before it's time.

TFC_Toon
12-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh man, its like Christmas is secondary right now, a "big splash" Mo says....Oh man, bring it on.

James Oliphant
12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Remember guys, we have to wait 'til January 15th for the MLS window to open. Let's not have a repeat of the last two years where everybody got excited and thought we'd have a big signing on New Year's Day.

Yohan
12-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Until I hear official press release, I'm not getting my hopes up

swan
12-18-2008, 01:15 AM
^ same here

Brooker
12-18-2008, 01:43 AM
if i can wait 5 long months for the season to start.... i can handle a couple of weeks for DP announcment....

the DeRo news will hold me until then. :canada:

come onnnnnnnnnnnnn striker!

Hitcho
12-18-2008, 09:34 AM
^ I disagree.
Depending on who the DP is, he could seriously overshadow DeRo, who ought to have a bit of a moment in the spotlight alone.

As to point 1, not sure I agree. De Ro is a home grown hero and even if he's revealed with a DP the fans will still go nuts for him. nothing can take away from his home town boy status.

As for the second point, I'm with you there. De Ro was a surprise, and a really, really good one. But that doesn't mean we should ramp our hopes up about every exciting rumour that comes along.

As for Dobson knowing but not letting on - don't believe it for a second. If anyone in the TO media knew about this, they'd reveal it as an exclusive. It's their job, it's what they live for. no way would they keep it secret. Would they?! :noidea:

Hitcho
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Just read the blog - GD doesn't know shit. He's basically working on the same kind of speculation that we are. There's no way De Ro would be revealed without Paul etc being around - no chance in hell. Is Carver even here? Both of them would need to be in town, along with MoJo and De RO himself of course. My guess is they got the deal done asap but cannot find a convenient reveal time with the holidays now in full swing and people away for the off season.

The hints about Mo working on another big deal could just be Mo pulling GD's pisser, or he could have just made it up reading between the lines and getting it wrong. There's nothing even semi-concrete in there to get us all jizzed up.

Lucky Strike
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Just read the blog - GD doesn't know shit. He's basically working on the same kind of speculation that we are. There's no way De Ro would be revealed without Paul etc being around - no chance in hell. Is Carver even here? Both of them would need to be in town, along with MoJo and De RO himself of course. My guess is they got the deal done asap but cannot find a convenient reveal time with the holidays now in full swing and people away for the off season.

The hints about Mo working on another big deal could just be Mo pulling GD's pisser, or he could have just made it up reading between the lines and getting it wrong. There's nothing even semi-concrete in there to get us all jizzed up.

I somewhat agree. I think he has reasoned there's something up but I disagree with others who believe he knows precisely what's going on.There's treachery afoot!or, for followers of "House": The game is an itchy foot!I'm really looking forward to the opening of the transfer window. Is it really on ther 15th though (because it is the receiving club's transfer window that matters, btw).

Lucky Strike
12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
^P.S. There are formatting issues with my above post that it won't let me fix.

Nodoubtguy
12-18-2008, 10:02 AM
^ I disagree.

As much as I wish they would announce a DP, the more I think about it ....the more I think Gobi is right. No way they would overshadow DeRo's announcement with a DP.

denime
12-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Before we jump to any conclusion,I think we should check first what MLS Rumors has to say about this.:rolleyes:

brad
12-18-2008, 10:38 AM
I somewhat agree. I think he has reasoned there's something up but I disagree with others who believe he knows precisely what's going on.There's treachery afoot!or, for followers of "House": The game is an itchy foot!I'm really looking forward to the opening of the transfer window. Is it really on ther 15th though (because it is the receiving club's transfer window that matters, btw).

Does the MLS not allow transfers to be announced in advance?

To my knowledge, they can't completed until the transfer window, but they can be announced at anytime they are complete. That's how it works overseas.

Lucky Strike
12-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Does the MLS not allow transfers to be announced in advance?

To my knowledge, they can't completed until the transfer window, but they can be announced at anytime they are complete. That's how it works overseas.

I can't see why not; I just don't recall that ever being the case in MLS.

TorontoBlades
12-18-2008, 01:22 PM
^ I disagree.

Nah, clubs love to do the multiple unveilings...a recent example would be Tevez & Macherano - whom have since gome to their wits and long since left the club