PDA

View Full Version : BMO Checklist - GoTFC Throwback article

James Oliphant
12-17-2008, 06:55 AM
I was going through some old pieces I wrote, and this one put a huge grin on my face:

Checklist for a day at BMO (http://gotorontofc.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=224)

Published: Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 09:31 AM

Recognize that date?

Share your first game memories here...

MG42
12-17-2008, 08:00 AM
I remember walking out with a huge smile thinking "what the hell just happened?", it was amazing, a day I'll never forget...and EJ gettting the beer in the face after mugging in the south end was funny (admit it people, it was funny)

James Oliphant
12-17-2008, 08:21 AM
I don't seem to have the original picture any more, but I do have the quickie photoshop job I did shortly after receiving it...

http://gotorontofc.com/jamey/the_beer_witch_project.jpg

egoodwin
12-19-2008, 07:22 PM
how colourful the stands are... sure didn't take long for that multicoloured mess in the stand to turn into a big red wave

rocker
12-19-2008, 08:26 PM
i remember thinking BMO was a cute little stadium that first day. The seats on the west side sorta had this cute lego look to them. I also could feel a palpable energy as I walked through the Carlsberg patio. It was like being a kid before opening christmas gifts. Everyone looked giddy before the game. I also remember my dad's reaction. I had to put up the cash for a half season pack since he wasn't too optimistic about this whole TFC thing (he was a Blizzard STH).
So his expectations were low. But then by halftime he was like "wow, I can't believe the crowd support... and it's not all ethnic groups or just men... can I go to the next game????"

James Oliphant
12-19-2008, 08:52 PM
how colourful the stands are... sure didn't take long for that multicoloured mess in the stand to turn into a big red wave

Remember how hard it was to get TFC jerseys before the season started?

And then how hard it was to get TFC jerseys after the season started?

Lineups for the Team Shop those first few games were unreal. They ran out of everything before kickoff most days.

Two chants I remember fondly from that day...the first was the obvious "all we are saying..." song in the second half, and the second was 115/116 singing the Smurfs theme song when the KC subs came down the south end with their little blue toques.