PDA

View Full Version : Julian De Guzman

Pookie
12-15-2008, 01:23 PM
From today's Toronto Sun:

.... That brings us to the designated player spot, TFC's next highly anticipated move.

Rumours have been swirling about Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes as a possible target. Alessandro Del Piero's name never seems to go away.

Realistically, neither aging striker looks like an option at this point. Instead, why not stick with the Canadiana?

Sources say another Canadian international, Julian de Guzman, has been Mo's long-time target and the club is holding hope that something can be done to bring another Scarborough native home.

De Guzman, 27, is out of his contract at the end of the season and can begin negotiations with other clubs in the New Year. He repeatedly has reiterated his preference to stay in La Liga with Deportivo de La Coruna.

But de Guzman's injury-riddled start to the season may have made the crafty midfielder more expendable, considering contract talks are at a standstill.

Aside from TFC, there's been other interest in de Guzman across Europe, including the English Premiership. But de Guzman needs to ask himself, at this point of his career: What is the right move?

If de Guzman believes he's better off being a major player on one of England's or Europe's middle of the pack clubs, then so be it. On the flip side, returning home to become one of the faces of Canadian soccer may be a profitable and worthwhile venture.

De Guzman and De Rosario have instant marketing potential and also can have a long-term impact on the legacy of soccer in this country. Leading the way as a star player with a Canadian club in an ever-improving brand of MLS soccer is an option now more than ever.

Aside from the off-field possibilities, the on-field lineup options are even more intriguing.

DYNAMIC DUO

Ideally, de Guzman and Amado Guevera would run the show from the middle of the pitch. That would allow Carl Robinson to move back to central defence; a problem spot for TFC.

Paired with a proper sweeper, someone who's an experienced ball-winner and has the ability to keep the side organized at the back, Robinson could be extremely effective.

And a midfield featuring De Rosario, de Guzman, Guevara, and Rohan Ricketts from left to right would be among the most talented, if not the most talented in MLS.

Step 1 is done with D-Ro. Let the day dreaming begin with Step 2.

SLBuu
12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
day dreaming it is my friend........... plenty of it.

tfc
12-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Not happening. Footy blog called him up and he said maybe in a few years.

Lucky Strike
12-15-2008, 01:31 PM
This actually has been debunked by The Score. James Sharman contacted JDG's representatives and he has said that his future is in Europe for the time being.

Lucky Strike
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Not happening. Footy blog called him up and he said maybe in a few years.

Ahh, beat me to it! :D

tfc
12-15-2008, 01:36 PM
hahaha we should get sharman to call the reps of every prospective DP, if they dont deny it, hes the one!

JonO
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Doesn't JDG play the same spot as Robbo? No way we could have both on the team for salary cap reasons alone...

TFCREDNWHITE
12-15-2008, 01:47 PM
This actually has been debunked by The Score. James Sharman contacted JDG's representatives and he has said that his future is in Europe for the time being.

What would you be expecting them to say??

something like this:

Sharman:"Hi i was wondering if DeGuzman is coming to Toronto?"

JDG Rep:"Well yes, thank you for asking, actually he will be coming but pleassse don't say anything!"

Of course they will say no he isn't coming, firstly he is in contract negotiations with Depoertivo so he could get sued if he says he is talking to anyone else right now...

Pookie
12-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Doesn't JDG play the same spot as Robbo? No way we could have both on the team for salary cap reasons alone...

The writer talked about moving Robinson back to D.

Pookie
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
This is info on his contract status (from the Globe)

Canadian Julian de Guzman says financially troubled La Liga club Deportivo La Coruna owes him more than $1.2-million, and the Toronto-born midfielder hinted on Tuesday his days in the northern Spanish city may be numbered.

"As for my future, I met with my lawyer and agent because Deportivo owe me bonuses for over three years which now total up to 800,000 euros," De Guzman said on Tuesday.

"Deportivo would like to talk about extending my contract but we want the money before we start any talks. As for the rumours about moving abroad or staying put, nothing is certain right now."

De Guzman said his current contract will expire in six weeks and the money owed is for signing bonuses, image rights and appearance fees when he moved from German club Hannover 96 to Deportivo in 2005.

"It is a frustrating situation coming from Germany where everything was on time and punctual - you didn't have to look in your bank account to make sure you were paid." he said. "Now you don't know when the money is coming on the 15th or at the end of the month. My salary comes in no problem but as for the bonuses I don't understand how they could not pay a player for those amounts."

The Galician club recently asked their regional government for financial assistance in paying its debts, which are estimated by club officials to be close to $11.8-million (U.S.).

Club officials were not immediately available for comment.

De Guzman was voted team MVP last season for his outstanding play with Deportivo and indicated that a move to the German Bundesliga or somewhere else in Spain is also possible if Deportivo fails to renew his contract.

Reports surfaced last week that De Guzman is interested in a move from his current club and that English Premiership clubs Bolton, Tottenham and Middlesbrogh were in talks with Deportivo about a $2.9-million (U.S.) transfer from Deportivo.

"A couple of Bundesliga teams, EPL and La Liga teams are also interested - but I would prefer to stay in Spain. I strongly believe the football in Spain suites me well on and off the field and most importantly I'm happy here."

---

Obviously, no mention of Canada...

TFCREDNWHITE
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM

Well kinda, I mean on paper he is a holding mid at deportivo, but in actuality he is an attacking minded midfielder. He is very very dangerous from a stopped dead ball position to a firing on all cylinders go fast position....

I watch him in La Liga action and he is soooo deadly that it amazes me that he grew up in Canada! Even if you watched him in Canada's WCQ, at some points he would just pick up the WHOLE team by the scruff of the neck and would control everything on the pitch!! He is really amazing to watch!!

Damien
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
He aint comin, lets speculate about REAL possibilites plz.

Lucky Strike
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
What would you be expecting them to say??

something like this:

Sharman:"Hi i was wondering if DeGuzman is coming to Toronto?"

JDG Rep:"Well yes, thank you for asking, actually he will be coming but pleassse don't say anything!"

Of course they will say no he isn't coming, firstly he is in contract negotiations with Depoertivo so he could get sued if he says he is talking to anyone else right now...

Lol, no, of course not. :D The distinction for me is that JDG’s people went beyond simply denying the rumour. They specified that his future lies in Europe rather than just saying: “There are no plans for Julian to move to Toronto at this time” or something to that effect. While this doesn’t tell us anything one way or another for sure, the simple fact that they went beyond simply denying the rumour indicates they probably mean it. This is just my feeling of course: I’d be very glad to be wrong.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I still think we should offer this guy around 4/5 million a year! that is WAY more than what he'll get in the prem or budesliga...i think bolton or middlesboro would only pay him around 2 million per year...

TFCREDNWHITE
12-15-2008, 02:06 PM
He aint comin, lets speculate about REAL possibilites plz.

Hey please remember one thing. He wears a Canadian Mens National Team shirt!

secondly, Deportivo is screwing him around big time.

thirdly, He is really good friends with DeRo.

fourthly, He was here at BMO during the all star game and loved it! I specifically remember seeing a gleem/sparkle in his eye! He specifically said that he was going to come here...He is on record for saying that he would come! Now if we(TFC front office) were offering him millions of dollars as DP status(which is more than he'll get elsewhere) then why not come here and turn into a LEGENDARY GOD!! I mean think about it, He will have millions of dollars, he will be a freaking GOD, he will have so many marketing opportunities, he will be the face of Canadian soccer, He would litterally OWN this city, so by all accounts why not come here!?

Stryker
12-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Four or five million? I think you'd have a hard time convincing MLSE of that. For that kind of money they'd want a Beckem type name.
I think they're thinking something in the 1.5 million range for their DP. Two million TOPS.

Pookie
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Four or five million? I think you'd have a hard time convincing MLSE of that. For that kind of money they'd want a Beckem type name.
I think they're thinking something in the 1.5 million range for their DP. Two million TOPS.

I don't know. If you are planning a stadium expansion and want to ensure it is full, you might need to spend a little to make a little.

Stryker
12-15-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't know. If you are planning a stadium expansion and want to ensure it is full, you might need to spend a little to make a little.

True but expansion is a couple years away. No since in dropping the coin till then.

Oblio2
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Whatever the deal, he's under contract to another team, therefore, upon pain of tampering-Nothing can be said

Jack
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Gareth Wheeler at the Sun reads our board a lot.

Anyway, everyone also said DeRo would never come here...or at least not for a few more years.

Just remember that. De Guzman isn't as remote a possibility as we might think.

Whatever the deal, he's under contract to another team, therefore, upon pain of tampering-Nothing can be said
Not true. He's in the final six months of his contract with them and free to negotiate (a la Beckham)

jacobe11acm
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
would be great but wont happen maybe in like 3 or 4 years but by then de ro will be 34 so it will less of a duo

ensco
12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Anyway, everyone also said DeRo would never come here...or at least not for a few more years.

Good point. JdG does seem too young to want to come home yet, but a lot depends on where you want to live post-career.

You'll take less money if it means you can get established from a marketing/television standpoint in the market you want to be in long-term.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-15-2008, 02:48 PM

Not true. He's in the final six months of his contract with them and free to negotiate (a la Beckham)

Yup you're so right, anything can happen. Plus if we all know that money walks and money talks, so if we can offer up a nice big fat paycheck to him i think he will take it!

Oblio2
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM

I believe you can only negotiate AFTER December 31st

Roogsy
12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Reading this bit about De Guzman is like dreaming of winning a million bucks.

It COULD happen...but I am not going to bet on it.

But if it ever did...I think I'd pass out from sheer joy.

Jack
I believe you can only negotiate AFTER December 31st
Right. So if there's a deal in place, no one will be talking about it until after that.

Roogsy
Reading this bit about De Guzman is like dreaming of winning a million bucks.

It COULD happen...but I am not going to bet on it.

But if it ever did...I think I'd pass out from sheer joy.

invictusTFC
12-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Its one thing when armchair GMs like us speculate nonsense like this, but the fact that a journalist of a pretty well respected newspaper ran this story just shows how pathetic the media coverage in this country is for this sport. JDG is in his prime. He is coveted by clubs in the biggest leagues in the world. He won't come to the MLS until he reaches his European goals i.e. play in the Champions League. Other than the fact that Mo admires his talent (which any GM with half an eye for talent would), the rest of this article was pure fantasy.

ginkster88
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
He's 27. He won't be here until he's over 30, but I would love to be wrong.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Its one thing when armchair GMs like us speculate nonsense like this, but the fact that a journalist of a pretty well respected newspaper ran this story just shows how pathetic the media coverage in this country is for this sport. JDG is in his prime. He is coveted by clubs in the biggest leagues in the world. He won't come to the MLS until he reaches his European goals i.e. play in the Champions League. Other than the fact that Mo admires his talent (which any GM with half an eye for talent would), the rest of this article was pure fantasy.

Remember that money makes the world go 'round....and right now Mo is packin' a big wad 'o' cash!

Oblio2
12-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Right. So if there's a deal in place, no one will be talking about it until after that.

:)
Which is what my point was

ensco
12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Remember that money makes the world go 'round....and right now Mo is packin' a big wad 'o' cash!

Sorry but where is this coming from?

The $800K (at most) allocation dollars is rounding error as it relates to the price for good euro players.

With respect to any potential budget for a DP, we only have MLSE pronouncements about how an unspecified quantum of funds are available "for the right DP" - I think not too many of us think that Mo has authority to go spend many millions based on that.

Jack
12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
:)
Which is what my point was
Gotcha!:)

rocker
12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
allocation money does not directly relate to a DP. Two diff things. allocation money can't be used in any way for a DP unless it's needed for a transfer fee.
allocation money could be used to knock down contracts of non-dp players to make room for a DP in the cap though.

Jack
12-15-2008, 03:41 PM
allocation money does not directly relate to a DP. Two diff things. allocation money can't be used in any way for a DP unless it's needed for a transfer fee.
allocation money could be used to knock down contracts of non-dp players to make room for a DP in the cap though.

Ding ding ding!

jloome
12-15-2008, 03:53 PM

Column, not story. Very important distinction.

But the general point is correct; even the fanboys in the media -- and there are exceedingly few of them -- seem disconnected from the realities governing the football world. You will not see JDG playing here before the age of 30, guaranteed. I just can't see a guy with his competitive possibilities (and competition level is EVERYTHING to young pro players) coming to MLS right now.

Once he's convinced he's slain as many dragons as he can in Europe, he'll reconsider, to be sure. But that doesn't come one year after you win MVP for a team in La Liga. It's nonsensical.

Jack
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
While I, too, have very severe doubts, stranger things have happened.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Column, not story. Very important distinction.

But the general point is correct; even the fanboys in the media -- and there are exceedingly few of them -- seem disconnected from the realities governing the football world. You will not see JDG playing here before the age of 30, guaranteed. I just can't see a guy with his competitive possibilities (and competition level is EVERYTHING to young pro players) coming to MLS right now.

Once he's convinced he's slain as many dragons as he can in Europe, he'll reconsider, to be sure. But that doesn't come one year after you win MVP for a team in La Liga. It's nonsensical.

Sometimes money can make you do non sensical things, and that goes both ways, either having money or not having money can make you do some pretty crazy things...

The point is that some middle of the road prem or budesliga team will probably be offering to pay him a salary of (and im just speculating) somewhere around 1.5 million - 2 million per year. Also, playing as an attacking/holding mid for middlesboro is not a life changing career move..It certainly will not get him into UEFA Champions league or UEFA Cup for that matter...Playing for TFC can and will be a life changing thing for him....He would be the poster child for EVERYTHING!!

brad
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
The point is that some middle of the road prem or budesliga team will probably be offering to pay him a salary of (and im just speculating) somewhere around 1.5 million - 2 million per year. Also, playing as an attacking/holding mid for middlesboro is not a life changing career move.

It can be though, when week in and week out the folks at Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea are watching you. The bigger EPL teams always look to domestic teams and poach the talent that is proven in the league.

A move to TFC is the end of any such dream.

Jack
12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
It can be though, when week in and week out the folks at Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea are watching you. The bigger EPL teams always look to domestic teams and poach the talent that is proven in the league.

A move to TFC is the end of any such dream.
This is a very good point.

Northern Soul
12-15-2008, 04:42 PM
This would be great, and while it is a possibility, it's a remote one. I'm just happy we have DeRo for now! More to come....keep up the good work, Mo.

jloome
12-15-2008, 04:54 PM
This would be great, and while it is a possibility, it's a remote one. I'm just happy we have DeRo for now! More to come....keep up the good work, Mo.

ANd he's driving hard bargains, no less!

Big Bruva
12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
No strange things happening when it comes to Julian coming to TFC right now, it is what it is and that is he is not coming for now at least.

canadian_bhoy
12-16-2008, 12:30 PM
No strange things happening when it comes to Julian coming to TC right now, it is what it is and that is he is not coming for now at least.

Everybody's got a price though no?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2007/04/23/dibiase.jpg

Blazer
12-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Wha?! Juan Guzman's coming back to Toronto? I always loved that guy’s little Richard hairstyle.

Seriously, we get De Guz and the hardware is ours. Makin the call.

druid
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Deportivo are screwing him over. They haven't payed him outstanding bonuses and he's not a happy camper.

Add in the last comment in the off the pitch section:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/profile.asp?playerid=5&sub=2

You could also sell Robson for close to a million pounds to some English team and its looking a very remote possibility. You just have to convince him to come to Toronto.

Now there would be someone to replace Jimmy as captain... but I'm not holding my breath.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 12:58 PM
No strange things happening when it comes to Julian coming to TC right now, it is what it is and that is he is not coming for now at least.

Eh Bruv, We know you know more than your letting on! We know you are pretty close with JDG...So how come you haven't tried to sway him to come over here and become a SUPERSTAR!? (or have you already told him that??)

Yohan
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Eh Bruv, We know you know more than your letting on! We know you are pretty close with JDG...So how come you haven't tried to sway him to come over here and become a SUPERSTAR!? (or have you already told him that??)
big fish in a very small pond...
not very attractive

Stryker
12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Getting Dero the way we did was like winning the lotto. Expecting to get JDG right now is like playing the very next draw. So not gonna happen.

jabbronies
12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm sure he could land with another mid-level team in Europe before coming to TFC. He won't be here until he is at least 32

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 01:17 PM
not very attractive

Hey, some of us actually want DeGuzman here!! :canada:

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm sure he could land with another mid-level team in Europe before coming to TFC. He won't be here until he is at least 32

I disagree, We have the millions of dollars necessary to bring him here. Also he could have a very very solid 4 years here whereby, TFC/MLSE can promote a lot of the things they want to do like: TFC TV/Gol TV, Expanding the Stadium, Getting Grass, World Class Practice Facility etc...etc..

DeGuzman would help bouy a lot of these things while at the same time he would anchor a lot of money back into the TFC/MLSE organization!!

JDG!!! We WANT YOU!!!!

WE NEED YOU!!

OUR DREAMS REST WITH YOU!!

jabbronies
12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
f de Guzman believes he's better off being a major player on one of England's or Europe's middle of the pack clubs, then so be it. On the flip side, returning home to become one of the faces of Canadian soccer may be a profitable and worthwhile venture

Considering what Canadian Soccer has done to him over the past year with that shit ass qualification tourny, why would he want to help Canadian Soccer in the state that it's in?

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Considering what Canadian Soccer has done to him over the past year with that shit ass qualification tourny, why would he want to help Canadian Soccer in the state that it's in?

because he knows that canadian soccer can and is better than that. :cool:

Steve
12-16-2008, 01:38 PM
because he knows that canadian soccer can and is better than that. :cool:

That's like an abused wife claiming "I know he loves me, he just gets angry sometimes".

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
That's like an abused wife claiming "I know he loves me, he just gets angry sometimes".

HAHAHAA :D

torfchamilton
12-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I would love to have JDG here, but who gets shipped out. Somebody obviously would get shipped out, but whom. You would have DeRo at $400k, Robbo at $350K, Amado($225K ?), Ricketts($250K).

We really need a quality striker and centre back to anchor the team. I would definitely like to have him and send someone packing, but it will not happen.

Torcida
12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
not very attractive
Me thinks you are vastly overrating JDG.

brad
12-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I would love to have JDG here, but who gets shipped out. Somebody obviously would get shipped out, but whom. You would have DeRo at $400k, Robbo at $350K, Amado($225K ?), Ricketts($250K).

Robbo, obviously. I like him, but JDG is a serious upgrade.

Super
12-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I think our midfield is strong enough as it is right now. I'd personally rather have a DP striker -- if the option is there. I'd hate to walk into another season with severe scoring problems.

kodiakTFC
12-16-2008, 02:05 PM
we obviously wont see deguzman for another 3 years but imagine he did come now? Oh my God we would ruin the MLS with this midfield..

jloome
12-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Robbo, obviously. I like him, but JDG is a serious upgrade.

I believe his deal was just restructured. They mentioned he took a pay cut to re-sign, but given that you can match non-DP salaries with allocation money, our cap hit may be tamer than people think.

And they're not overrating him Torcida, he was just his team's player of the year in La liga, for crying out loud. He would instantly be the best midfielder in this league, Shalrie Joseph notwithstanding.

joel
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
It just doesn't make sense to me from JDG's perspective. The MLS is a league you come back to once you aren't getting good first-team action or the prosect of it. It is a fact until the salary levels and prestige of the league get higher. Which is 10+ years out.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
I think our midfield is strong enough as it is right now. I'd personally rather have a DP striker -- if the option is there. I'd hate to walk into another season with severe scoring problems.

JDG would have NO problem whatsoever scoring in this league...

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Big Bruva!! Where Art Thou???

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Its kinda funny....I was over at the deportivo fan site in their forum section where they talk about whos coming and whos going, and they don't even mention DeGuzman even once!! Its like he doesn't even exist there!! Really weird, i don't even see any pictures of the guy on the site...

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6022&page=79

Ossington Mental Youth
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
dude, he was la liga player of the year, resigned to a lowerpaying contract, hes not coming, please let this thread die

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey guys i just came across this interview/chat he did with Marca, spanish newspaper...Can someone help translate!?!

Full Interview:

http://www.marca.com/charlas/deguzman/10122008.html

Excerpt:

hola julian, mi pregunt era hasta donde creesque puede realmente llega el depor en liga este año...¿que via para llegar a europa ves mas factible, la copa o la liga? Enviada por curroalcala (09/12/2008 18:21) Buenas tardes. Creo que este año podríamos acabar en una posición mucho mejor que la del año pasado sin pasar apuros si seguimos con esta racha de victorias. Creo que la Liga sería nuestra via más factible para volver a Europa.

hola julian, queria saber tu opinion sobre el cruce que os ha tocado en la copa, ante el sevilla. ¿a quien ves favorito para pasae la eliminatoria? Enviada por curroalcala (09/12/2008 18:23) Sevilla es el favorito, pero seguro que tendremos nuestras opciones si llegamos con buen resultado de Sevilla en la ida.

hola julian, queria saber cual es tu impresion sobre los entrenadores que has tenido, sobre todo en el depor. ¿cual ha sido el mejor para ti? ¿que recuerdos guardas de caparros? Enviada por curroalcala (09/12/2008 18:25) En mi carrera desde que llegué a Europa tengo gran recuerdo de Ralf Rangnick, el actual entrenador del Hoffenheim, que lo tuve en el Hannover 96. Aqui en España me quedo con Lotina.

tfc
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Dude. He Isn't Coming!

flatpicker
12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
^ hahaha...

tfcmanu
12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Translation in English:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2Fcharlas%2Fdeguz man%2F10122008.html&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Torcida
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Translation:

TFCREDNWHITE is the coolest guy I know. I will be playing for Toronto FC next year for the minimun salary.

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Everyone on the Deportivo boards seem SURE that he is leaving! Its just a matter of where....Deportivo is in Financial Ruins....Supposedly their is NO way that they can pay him 800,000euros for bonuses and image rights.....

It def seems like he is leaving Deportivo....Now, the question is where?? and I say why not here?!?!

TFCREDNWHITE
12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
dude, he was la liga player of the year, resigned to a lowerpaying contract, hes not coming, please let this thread die

Well, he would have a tough time cracking the starting XI at another club that is bigger than Deportivo...Plus Depor can't pay the guy...

Shaughno
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Bah, refer to countless other threads on the same discussion.

Big Bruva
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Like it has been said, what TFC can offer him is mot likely just average to what he will be getting

Everybody's got a price though no?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2007/04/23/dibiase.jpg

Big Bruva
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM

Mentioned it but as a real friend i would like him to do what he is going to and stay in Europe for the upcoming contract as this will be his big one.

MLS is not at the level that he should be coming here at 27 with the level he is at.

Bloor West FC
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
It would be nice! But most likely not coming. With De Ro its pretty good already so I only see it getting better with or without De Guzman

Big Bruva
12-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Julian already ha interest from clubs in Spain and the Premiership so no TFC right now

Kayed
12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey guys i just came across this interview/chat he did with Marca, spanish newspaper...Can someone help translate!?!

Full Interview:

Excerpt:

hola julian, mi pregunt era hasta donde creesque puede realmente llega el depor en liga este año...¿que via para llegar a europa ves mas factible, la copa o la liga? Enviada por curroalcala (09/12/2008 18:21) Buenas tardes. Creo que este año podríamos acabar en una posición mucho mejor que la del año pasado sin pasar apuros si seguimos con esta racha de victorias. Creo que la Liga sería nuestra via más factible para volver a Europa.

hola julian, queria saber tu opinion sobre el cruce que os ha tocado en la copa, ante el sevilla. ¿a quien ves favorito para pasae la eliminatoria? Enviada por curroalcala (09/12/2008 18:23) Sevilla es el favorito, pero seguro que tendremos nuestras opciones si llegamos con buen resultado de Sevilla en la ida.

hola julian, queria saber cual es tu impresion sobre los entrenadores que has tenido, sobre todo en el depor. ¿cual ha sido el mejor para ti? ¿que recuerdos guardas de caparros? Enviada por curroalcala (09/12/2008 18:25) En mi carrera desde que llegué a Europa tengo gran recuerdo de Ralf Rangnick, el actual entrenador del Hoffenheim, que lo tuve en el Hannover 96. Aqui en España me quedo con Lotina.
This interview has nothing to do with this.

Captain Croatia
12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I wish JDG would come here. Fuckin awesome player, great technique and finesse, but he aint coming here for a while boys.

Kayed
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Regardless of whether he wants to come or not (And honestly, it should be easy to figure that one out), I would much rather for him to have a successful career in Europe.

invictusTFC
12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
What a pointless thread. JDG is gonna hook himself up with a significant contract in the EPL or La Liga. There is no way he is coming here. He said it himself. Anybody who thinks otherwise is dreaming in technicolor and smoking some good shit...

Alonso
12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
These are fan "question and answer" sessions via the website marca.com has nothing to do with this discussion or any trade rumors....

Full Interview:

Excerpt: