PDA

View Full Version : My Rumor/My Wishlist (Your TFC Player Movement)

DigzTFC!
12-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Gentlemen,

I have a Christmas wish list. It involves TFC filling up more senior spots with Canadian players that will help alleviate our draft day dilemma.

MLS Trades:
Tyronne Marshall & a 2nd Rounder in 2009 for Adrian Serioux
Marco Velez and Brian Edwards for Ugo Ihemelu
Johann Smith for Will Johnson

Signing
Wojtek Zarzycki from Hungary (26 Year Old Canadian GK)
David Simpson (Utility man, forward of DM)
Keon Daniel

Draft
Zakuani (GA)
Omar Gonzalez(GA)
O'Brian White
Toisaint Ricketts

Senior Roster
1) D Brennan CAN
2) D Serioux CAN
3) D Harmse CAN
4) D Ihemelu CAN
5) D Nana Attakora-Gyan CAN
6) D Wynne USA
7) D Dunivant USA
8) W Will Johnson CAN
9) W Rohan Ricketts ENG
10) W Keon Daniel TRIN
11) W Toisaint Ricketts CAN
12) CM Robbo WAL
13) CM David Simpson CAN
14) CM Amado HOND
15) CM DeRosario CAN
16) F Dichio ENG
17) F Barrett USA
18) F O'Brian White CAN
19) GK Sutton CAN
20) GK Wojtek Zarzycki CAN

Development Roster

1) Omar Gonzalez (GA)
2) Steve Zakuani (GA)
3) Ibbe Ibrahim (GA)
4) Gabe Gala (PROSPECT)

Nuvinho
12-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't know the trades, but I like the draft.

I think Gonzalez would be great in a TFC kit.

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-13-2008, 03:38 PM
DigzTFC! - this is good stuff. The trades are a little difficult to assess, but I like the push for Canadian content. I’d like to see TFC give Dave Simpson another look too, particularly in that there was some miss-communication between his agent and the club about whether he was trailing with the team or working on his fitness. I also like the idea of drafting T. Ricketts and putting him on the senior roster. In truth maybe he’s more of a development player, but if we offer him janky ass development pay, he’s going to try Europe, where he’s likely to bounce around for a few years and end up coming back to Canada anyways.

Is there a limit to how many GA players you can have on the roster? Also, would we really need both Zakunai and White? Plus, no DP?

DigzTFC!
12-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Is there a limit to how many GA players you can have on the roster? Also, would we really need both Zakunai and White? Plus, no DP?

There isn`t a limit that I know of but you can place them on the developmental roster. With only 24 players (20 senior and 4 dev) its important to make those players as talented as possible. Because of the need for depth, TFC has to get domestic players so they can draft GA internationals and bring in top foreign players.

Guys like Velez, Ruiz, Marshall, J.Smith (not so much) and Brian Edwards (Is Monsalve ready) need to be replaced with servicable Canadians.

Dave Simpson (forward, winger, DM), Serioux (DM, CB) and Will Johnson (LW and AM) bring a lot a flexibility to the team too.

mighty_torontofc_2008
12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Gentlemen,

I have a Christmas wish list. It involves TFC filling up more senior spots with Canadian players that will help alleviate our draft day dilemma.

MLS Trades:
Tyronne Marshall & a 2nd Rounder in 2009 for Adrian Serioux
Marco Velez and Brian Edwards for Ugo Ihemelu
Johann Smith for Will Johnson

Signing
Wojtek Zarzycki from Hungary (26 Year Old Canadian GK)
David Simpson (Utility man, forward of DM)
Keon Daniel

Draft
Zakuani (GA)
Omar Gonzalez(GA)
O'Brian White
Toisaint Ricketts

Senior Roster
1) D Brennan CAN
2) D Serioux CAN
3) D Harmse CAN
4) D Ihemelu CAN
5) D Nana Attakora-Gyan CAN
6) D Wynne USA
7) D Dunivant USA
8) W Will Johnson CAN
9) W Rohan Ricketts ENG
10) W Keon Daniel TRIN
11) W Toisaint Ricketts CAN
12) CM Robbo WAL
13) CM David Simpson CAN
14) CM Amado HOND
15) CM DeRosario CAN
16) F Dichio ENG
17) F Barrett USA
18) F O'Brian White CAN
19) GK Sutton CAN
20) GK Wojtek Zarzycki CAN

Development Roster

1) Omar Gonzalez (GA)
2) Steve Zakuani (GA)
3) Ibbe Ibrahim (GA)
4) Gabe Gala (PROSPECT)

Never give up Marshall for Serioux, Serioux blows. the other deals would turn TFC into the national team almost and that wouldnt do, while its nice ato have a few more Canucks on the team, do not make the majority

Canadian, we would struggle.

DigzTFC!
12-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Okay riddle me this, when is the last time you saw Ihemelu, Simpson and Zarzycki on the national team....only Will Johnson (sometimes) and Serioux (Our starting CB because he is GOOD).

Ihemelu qualifies as a Canadian under MLS rules (I think) while not eligble as a national player. He makes 60K.

Simpson has played in lots of mid-level leagues in europe and has had contact with TFC. Not a started but a real asset. This is the MLS

I traded Marshall for Serioux as they are the same cap hit but Serioux is younger, domestic and in my opinion better

I traded Johann Smith for Will Johnson because I think Will is a more complete player and they a relatively the same cap hit as well

Oh yeah, OBrian White won't play for the Canadian National team as he is Jamaican....last time I checked they had a bunch of guys from England that play forward

mighty_torontofc_2008
12-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Okay riddle me this, when is the last time you saw Ihemelu, Simpson and Zarzycki on the national team....only Will Johnson (sometimes) and Serioux (Our starting CB because he is GOOD).

Ihemelu qualifies as a Canadian under MLS rules (I think) while not eligble as a national player. He makes 60K.

Simpson has played in lots of mid-level leagues in europe and has had contact with TFC. Not a started but a real asset. This is the MLS

TFC could have got simpson but didn;t, ok he had a decent season with RSL, but lets see him do it agin?

DigzTFC!
12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Simpson was here on a conditioning spell. He`s signed with a Hungarian team until January i believe. Why do we have to wait for Will Johnson`s value to go up before trying to acquire him...

I made the roster with the angle of having depth in the squad. I thought I achieved that, but not all these players are starters.

---------DeRo Dichio
Subs: Barrett, Ibbe, White

Daniel---Robbo---Amado---Ricketts
Subs: Johnson, Simpson, Ricketts, Gala, Zakuani

Brennan---Serioux----Ihemelu----Wynne
Subs: Nana, Dunivant, Harmse

The only thing I can think of to improve with my rationale is to trade Dunivant and sign a monster foreign CB to start ahead of Ihemelu

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-13-2008, 04:41 PM
According to Dave Simpson’s wiki he’ll be looking to move on in January:

In late September Simpson elected to forego the third year of his contract with Sparta Prague in order for maximum playing time .He signed with Hungarian side Dunaujvaros F.C. The official team site has already stated he will be leaving for a bigger team this winter transfer season.

Lets hope TFC gives him another look.

ensco
12-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't see RSL moving Johnson, they love the guy out there.

reggie
12-13-2008, 06:16 PM
i think you will see david edgar here on loan this season,i'm thinking mo will trade one of his 1st rd picks along with marshall for something.
mo also mention before that if they get a dp it will be a canadian,any ideas who?

Lucky Strike
12-13-2008, 06:48 PM
According to Dave Simpson’s wiki he’ll be looking to move on in January:

Lets hope TFC gives him another look.

I hope not. He plays in the Hungarian second division (the first division is ranked 34th by UEFA) and the team he's on now is 15th of 16th. It doesn't bode well, to say the least. I hope I'm wrong, but you can't really ignore it.

http://www.dfc.hu/alap.php

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I hope not. He plays in the Hungarian second division (the first division is ranked 34th by UEFA) and the team he's on now is 15th of 16th. It doesn't bode well, to say the least. I hope I'm wrong, but you can't really ignore it.

http://www.dfc.hu/alap.php

It’s not like he’s a career Hungarian second division player. He went there to get match fit again - with the team’s understanding that was his intention. He would be a good utility guy to have - like an offensive version of Harmse. He can play wide, up front, or centrally.

I don’t think it’s make or break for TFC land Simpson, I just think he could do well here and it would be nice to see another Canadian come to the team.

I’d like to see him get an invite to camp.

106-12
12-13-2008, 11:20 PM
If we trade for all thsee canadian players . What will we do if there is an international game .

mighty_torontofc_2008
12-14-2008, 12:06 AM
If we trade for all thsee canadian players . What will we do if there is an international game .

we will be f**ked...that why a good balance for us/foreign players is needed along with some Canadian talent.

BuSaPuNk
12-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Don't forget if MoJo and Carver lands Ameobi from Newcastle.

jloome
12-14-2008, 02:25 PM
It’s not like he’s a career Hungarian second division player. He went there to get match fit again - with the team’s understanding that was his intention. He would be a good utility guy to have - like an offensive version of Harmse. He can play wide, up front, or centrally.

I don’t think it’s make or break for TFC land Simpson, I just think he could do well here and it would be nice to see another Canadian come to the team.

I’d like to see him get an invite to camp.

I thought he was really impressive. They moved him to DM and his extreme size, combined with his foot skills, seemed a good fit there. Problematically, he's not going to want to come be a bench player at his age, and having had few real chances to show over his career. So it probably won't happen. But he'd be a good fit in MLS, I think -- sort of a low-rent Shalrie Joseph.

jloome
12-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Don't forget if MoJo and Carver lands Ameobi from Newcastle.

They said the other day on Setanta that Viduka is out of contract at the end of the year. THat could be another good DP from tyneside.

BuSaPuNk
12-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah there was foder going around about Ameobi and Viduka coming here as a good will thing with Carver to try and get him back to Newcastle when he is done coaching here. I would like either of them to come here...even though Viduka has a fitness problem hopefully Winsper can fix that. I would much rather see Martins come here if they are going after a Newcastle player.

Nuvinho
12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
From the draft, I'd love to see O.Gonzalez and S.Zakauni drafted with #2 and #4 if they are GAs.

DigzTFC!
12-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Wojtek Zarzycki is currently out of contract. See below details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjugyC217RQ

http://blog.canoe.ca/thefull90/2008/08/13/canadians_playing_in_hungary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_Zarzycki