PDA

View Full Version : More Canadians?

cementhead
12-13-2008, 08:53 AM
By signing and get De Rosario do you think we may have a better chance getting some of our better Canadian player to play here?:canada:

werewolf
12-13-2008, 08:54 AM
it doesn't hurt, but I think its more of an issue that the top Canadians are still in their prime and playing at a decent European level, or they are young guys that are trying to break into the bigger clubs.

Ageroo
12-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Let's hope that it at least makes them think about it.........

Nuvinho
12-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Don't forget Mo was looking at Hume as well, before his terrible injury.

CoachGT
12-13-2008, 09:31 AM
As much as I'd like more Canadians, I'd rather not have another year of everybody leaving for international duty. That being said, may not be much of an issue as long as Mitchell is the coach.....

CretanBull
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
As much as I'd like more Canadians, I'd rather not have another year of everybody leaving for international duty. That being said, may not be much of an issue as long as Mitchell is the coach.....

Exactly....

Broadview
12-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Gold Cup is gonna be a killer this year.

OneLoveOneEric
12-13-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm stoked about DeRo because he's one of the best players in the league. He could be from Antarctica and I wouldn't care.
The better question to ask is,
Now that we've signed DeRo, will we have a better chance of signing more high calibre players?
I'd have to think the answer here is yes -- it's a great statement of intent from management.

mighty_torontofc_2008
12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
By signing and get De Rosario do you think we may have a better chance getting some of our better Canadian player to play here?:canada:

did you see how our nats performed during the wcq? and you want more Canadians:eek:

gmacpheetfc
12-13-2008, 11:36 AM
you mean how dale mitchell preformed

Chewy Unikronik
12-13-2008, 11:48 AM
you mean how dale mitchell preformedDale Mitchell wasn't on the pitch.

ginkster88
12-13-2008, 02:18 PM
If JDG were to come home he would be the only other Canadian I would like to have. The rest aren't good enough to justify losing for National team play; a player of comparable skill level and no national commitments could be found elsewhere.

Cashcleaner
12-13-2008, 02:35 PM

Hey yeah! That's a pretty good point. Consider the fact that we've got three of the current best Canadian players on the roster (Brennan, DeRo, and Sutton) that alone could be the sort of leverage we need to bring in some more home-grown players.

Yes, there is an argument that having too many domestic players could end up hurting us through international call-ups, but I think a good balance could be struck with regards to national commitments.

djking2
12-13-2008, 06:36 PM
If we got enough CMNT players maybe we could draft Carver to coach the national team