PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that we still don't have an online store?

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I know we have a website that you can purchase products from the US from, but why don't we have a TFC on-line store where you could order gear from say Centre sports?

I mean, no one can tell me there isn't the demand right?

Like for instance, this new shirt...If I want one, I have to drive to the friggn' ACC?

I'm not trying to start a bitchy thread here, just wondering...seriously wondering why there is STILL not an online store with products coming from Canada.

:rant:

Shaughno
12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
It's a sham I tell you, SHAM!

MrHawk
12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
[/URL]I dunno what to say

[url]http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt (http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt)

use this site

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
It's a sham I tell you, SHAM!

No, I wasn't asking you.

:)

Shaughno
12-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I dunno what to say

http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt

use this site

And get ripped off? No thanks. :lol:

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I dunno what to say

http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt

use this site

and have the product shipped from the US and pay for it...right?

Velvet Elvis
12-11-2008, 11:38 AM
What about the shopadidas.ca site?

Carts
12-11-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm not trying to start a bitchy thread here,

We know you're not starting a Bitchy thread, you didn't mention her once... :rofl:

Carts...

James17930
12-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I know we have a website that you can purchase products from the US from, but why don't we have a TFC on-line store where you could order gear from say Centre sports?

I mean, no one can tell me there isn't the demand right?

Like for instance, this new shirt...If I want one, I have to drive to the friggn' ACC?

I'm not trying to start a bitchy thread here, just wondering...seriously wondering why there is STILL not an online store with products coming from Canada.

:rant:

Where do you live?

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 11:40 AM
What about the shopadidas.ca site?

Not the point though. We don't deserve a fucking TFC on-line store?

I mean, I really can't believe that the club hasn't acted faster to collect on the money they are losing everyday that there isn't a proper on-line store.

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Where do you live?

Doesn't matter...although it's right under my name

James17930
12-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Doesn't matter...although it's right under my name

oh, sorry -- didn't see it.

flatpicker
12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
You would think Centre Sports would have a site for ordering... or perhaps even an MLSE site?
Between the Leafs, Raptors, Marlies, and TFC, you would think there is plenty to offer.
But it could be some sort of licensing agreement with leagues and manufactures?

DOMIN8R
12-11-2008, 11:45 AM
MLS in Toronto shares your disatisfaction. Last year he said he was working on it (an alternative?). Aparrently MLS has severe restrictions on all merch sales.

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
MLS in Toronto shares your disatisfaction. Last year he said he was working on it (an alternative?). Aparrently MLS has severe restrictions on all merch sales.

If that's the case then that's retarded. MLSE should have the right to market their product to the public the way they want.

DOMIN8R
12-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Constitutes part of the MLS franchise agreement apparently.

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Constitutes part of the MLS franchise agreement apparently.

Balls.

Hitcho
12-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I can see MLS keeping tight tabs on sales and merchandise. it's part fo the baggae that goes with the whole single entity thing - MLS owns everything.

That said, I don't see why they cannot license someone in Canada (MLSE, a third party distributor, whatever) to import TFC or other MLS related gear and ship it to customers in Canada without having to pay ludicrously high international postage rates. I've gone to order stuff from the MLS online shop site a few times, and each time I have cancelled the order when the postage rates came up.

MLS is losing a lot of sales from that, but then again they're making packets of money out of us anyway with all the TFC gear the fans buy, so do they really care?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
totally retarded.
Itd be cool if it didnt cost so much to ship from the states, cost more for the jersey and take so fucking long, but it doesnt. MLS is alienating potential customers/fans

Ben - D.O.W.
12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
My favorite - my dad in a thoughtful gesture last year got me some TFC giftcards to spend on merch or tickets. Except they're only good at the ACC - there's no online store to spend them at, and it's a pain coming from Guelph just to go there. Also you can't use them on tickets except for the single game ones you can't buy anyway. Thanks again MLSE.

The Pope
12-11-2008, 11:56 AM
didn't the NY Rangers just go to court over selling their own merch online?

Velvet Elvis
12-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Balls.

Balls are covered in the agreement as well ...

Phil
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I can see MLS keeping tight tabs on sales and merchandise.

Too bad they cant keep tight tabs on credit card numbers. :D

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
My favorite - my dad in a thoughtful gesture last year got me some TFC giftcards to spend on merch or tickets. Except they're only good at the ACC - there's no online store to spend them at, and it's a pain coming from Guelph just to go there. Also you can't use them on tickets except for the single game ones you can't buy anyway. Thanks again MLSE.

Another massive pet peeve of mine...I would have bought many as gifts by now if they meant something!

They have them at Zehrs and Esso stations which is so cool and yet pretty much useless.

I can promise you that just in gift cards alone the have lost $300-$400 from me alone.

Shaughno
12-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Too bad they cant keep tight tabs on credit card numbers. :D

Or where their shipments end up... :lol: Fucking useless website

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Here's a little scenerio...now it's super complicated so read carefully.....

Pigfynn's Friend: "hey there pigfynn, Merry Christmas!"

Pigfynn: "hey there friend I got you this $50 TFC gift card as token of our friendship"

Pigfynn's Friend: "Thank you Pigfynn! what a great gift idea!"

Pigfynn: "oh your welcome friend...you know you can go on-line to use that card to buy jerseys, t-shirts, hats, tickets and all your favorite TFC gear?"

Pigfynn's Friend: " Really? that's great! I'm so satisfied with the level of service being provided for me!"

Pigfynn's friend goes on-line a buys a TFC t-shirt and hat which cost him his $50 gift card (even though the two products were made for a total of $3.00 USD in a south asian country by children) Pigfynn's friend is happy and that's what matters.

Afra
12-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Have you tried calling Centre Sports? When I was in there a while ago and they were releasing the new jerseys to the public, the lady behind the counter was taking a phone order and specifically asked if they were to ship it out. I suppose it is only good if you know exactly what you want. I am not sure if it was just for those couple of days or if they do that all the time.

Bloor West FC
12-11-2008, 01:11 PM
We kind of do, just not public yet. Paul was talking about it on an interview with Business Television a few months back. I actually put it up on youtube. Most of the conversation was about there marketing techniques. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Hitcho
12-11-2008, 01:17 PM
We kind of do, just not public yet. Paul was talking about it on an interview with Business Television a few months back. I actually put it up on youtube. Most of the conversation was about there marketing techniques.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Bastard!

DOMIN8R
12-11-2008, 04:11 PM
We kind of do, just not public yet. Paul was talking about it on an interview with Business Television a few months back. I actually put it up on youtube. Most of the conversation was about there marketing techniques. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

I hadn't seen that interview before. Paul makes some interesting points in that interview.

Nice find.

Flashman
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I dunno what to say

use this site

Umm, no thanks....

I ordered my first jersey from them in May 2007, and finally recieved it sometime in September. I ordered another, long sleeved jersey in October, and never did recieve it. After they lost all my credit card information in January or February, I just let the order die a lingering death.

I live about 2000 km from BMO, so heading down to the ACC is not really a viable option. So yes, there is a market for a TFC website to sell merchandise.

Fortunately, we are making a trip home in January, so I will be able to pick up a new jersey at the ACC.:canada:

TFC Via Buffalo
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Just order stuff and have it shipped to my address. I'll stockpile everything and bring it over for ther opener next year! I can be like a parking lot Santa Claus in April.

Hitcho
12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Funnily enough, the club website has put up a news item today encouraging people to buy TFC gift cards, for use at the ACC:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/2007/gift_card/

How much better would it be to post a link to an online TFC shop, based in Canada so that you don't pay extortionate shipping rates and don't have to deal with blockhead US companies that lose orders, CC details, etc like they did to Flashman, above?

MLS = Muppet League Soccer

:noidea:

Hitcho
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Just order stuff and have it shipped to my address. I'll stockpile everything and bring it over for ther opener next year! I can be like a parking lot Santa Claus in April.

Do you take delivery of, er... non-TFC related stuff as well?! :D

TFC Via Buffalo
12-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Do you take delivery of, er... non-TFC related stuff as well?! :D

Possibly. I never get harrased at the border. I can bring a panda bear filled with crack across the bridge in my trunk and as long as I got my TFC stuff on and it's game day, I'm let right by.

Blizzard
12-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Umm, no thanks....

I ordered my first jersey from them in May 2007, and finally recieved it sometime in September. I ordered another, long sleeved jersey in October, and never did recieve it. After they lost all my credit card information in January or February, I just let the order die a lingering death.

I live about 2000 km from BMO, so heading down to the ACC is not really a viable option. So yes, there is a market for a TFC website to sell merchandise.

Fortunately, we are making a trip home in January, so I will be able to pick up a new jersey at the ACC.:canada:

I just bought a very nice red TFC golf shirt on eBay. I had it in two weeks.

Obviously you have to watch out for fakes but generally they are easy to catch.

Edit: Found the link to the shirt. http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Mens-ADIDAS-MLS-Soccer-TORONTO-FC-Polo-SHIRT-M_W0QQitemZ400010406567QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fa n_Shop?hash=item400010406567&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

I like it a lot!

B

Torcida
12-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Who gives a shit?

Oh yeah, you guys...

Pigfynn
12-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Who gives a shit?

Oh yeah, you guys...

Thanks for the contribution....you're awesome.

druid
12-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Who gives a shit?

Oh yeah, you guys...

Better players requires cash. Cash is derived, in part, from merchandise. Merchandise is bought, in part, from websites. Since all the sensible TFC support want better players, we're interested in the website merchandizing.

As for the MLS site... a friend tried to buy me a TFC shirt from their site. MLS lost the first order, and they reorder. Then they lost the second order and then they gave up. They were probably too busy selling Beckham shirts.

Hitcho
12-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I was going to order a TFC match ball from the official site, but the postage was insanely high and I've heard bad things about their site and orders being lost or fucked up. Since they don;t seem to sell TFC branded footballs at the ACC store, that's the end of that. But how many people would be buyiong those footballs for xmas for themselves, friends, their kids, nephews etc? Loads I reckon.

MLS and TFC are really missing a trick here.

Hitcho
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Possibly. I never get harrased at the border. I can bring a panda bear filled with crack across the bridge in my trunk and as long as I got my TFC stuff on and it's game day, I'm let right by.

Actually I wanted a walking table thing for my 6 month old daughter which they sell in the US but not in Canada for some reason, and won't ship it here either. But a panda filled with crack is a nice option for her as well I suppose - lol.

Try wearing a different team's shirt and see what happens. I bet if you had a Red Cows shirt on they'd give you grief.