PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kyle ?.... NOOOooooooooooooo

pubboy
12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I heard today that MLS are very interested in Kevin Kyle, a "striker" who is contracted to Coventry in the Championship, and on loan to Hartlepool.
This is great news if it with any other team than TFC - this guy is a complete donkey, with a terrible scoring record. He cant get a team to take him in UK, and Coventry have told him he will never play for them again. Dont be fooled by him or any press spin - he is a major liability. :rant:

werewolf
12-11-2008, 07:51 AM
He is a Scotsmen playing in English lower divisions...of course we would be interested in him!

Completely unsubstantiated rumour, but for arguments sake... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kyle

Hopefully he doesn't destroy the condo MLSE will rent out to him. Oh and nice striker rate...

NOT

flatpicker
12-11-2008, 08:03 AM
well, Coventry was once close to my heart...
But now I am only left with a jersey...
My heart belongs to another...

So Kyle (good name by the way)... here's hoping you find a good home... elsewhere.

mclaren
12-11-2008, 08:15 AM
No comment from me except this: :eek::eek:

pubboy
12-11-2008, 08:25 AM
[quote=werewolf88;296615]He is a Scotsmen playing in English lower divisions...of course we would be interested in him!

Completely unsubstantiated rumour, but for arguments sake... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kyle

Not exactly dead cert, but not made up either !

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/hufc/Pools-boss-rethinks-January-transfer.4760604.jp

Brown's injury will leave Pools desperately short of fire power in the New Year with Kevin Kyle's loan spell from Coventry City set to expire in January.

It looks highly unlikely Pools will sign Kyle in January as the former Sunderland striker would be forced to take a major cut from his wage at the Ricoh Arena.

At yesterday's club AGM, chairman Ken Hodcroft said: "There is no way we can pay the wages of a Championship player".

Kyle future looks likely to be in the Championship although SportMail understands there is significant interest in the 27-year-old from America's Major League Soccer.

Lucky Strike
12-11-2008, 08:26 AM
This is actually pretty old news... Still not really interested though.

pubboy
12-11-2008, 08:33 AM
This is actually pretty old news... Still not really interested though.

Really ? Not heard this before, hence me posting it.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2008, 08:44 AM
check out the rumors thread above

pubboy
12-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Wow - you're right. Post 6 days ago - very old news, and sorry to waste everyone's time for posting it again in error.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
no worries, it happens

Derko
12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
He is a Scotsmen playing in English lower divisions...of course we would be interested in him!

Hopefully he doesn't destroy the condo MLSE will rent out to him. Oh and nice striker rate...

NOT

While I agree that this player is of no interest to me, surely you jest in your first line, otherwise I would like an apology for the "Racist" flavour of that comment.

:drinking:English and Scottish Roots, don't mock them!!

Derko
12-11-2008, 02:22 PM
While I agree that this player is of no interest to me, surely you jest in your first line, otherwise I would like an apology for the "Racist" flavour of that comment.

:drinking:English and Scottish Roots, don't mock them!!

Sorry for the knee jerk reaction, but if a comment was made about some other cultures, there would be shit to pay.
And really how many English and Scottish players do we have?

Cheers

Lucky Strike
12-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Wow - you're right. Post 6 days ago - very old news, and sorry to waste everyone's time for posting it again in error.

Like Oss said, no worries: I'm sure I've done it too! :D

giambac
12-11-2008, 02:31 PM

NOT

Day after day, year after year, it seems this is all Mo and Carver want and look for. More crap to add to the crap we already have.

Enough already, look at other leagues, look at players from other countries.

Thsi is becoming a snore fest. Nothing new, nothing different.

Fort York Redcoat
12-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry for the knee jerk reaction, but if a comment was made about some other cultures, there would be shit to pay.
And really how many English and Scottish players do we have?

Cheers

Yeah I'm pretty sure he was referring to the ties to weak players Mo may have being Scottish and signing other players from the lower leagues.

don'tworryboutit.

Covlad
12-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I am praying he does not come here. He was a fan favourite at Coventry, for booing that is. Complete waste of money for us, so I pray he does not come here.

mclaren
12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I am praying he does not come here. He was a fan favourite at Coventry, for booing that is. Complete waste of money for us, so I pray he does not come here.

he was the same at Sunderland - showed some early promise but it soon fizzled out.

trane
12-11-2008, 03:42 PM
That is what we need a striker who cannot score on a consistent basis, we add a couple of centerbacks that cannot defend, and we continue the tradition.

giambac
12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
That is what we need a striker who cannot score on a consistent basis, we add a couple of centerbacks that cannot defend, and we continue the tradition.

Nicely said

at least others can see what is happening. Is this a Toronto sports thing. Bring in palyers who can't play and hope for the best and hope that the fans won't care.

colman1860
12-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Nicely said

at least others can see what is happening. Is this a Toronto sports thing. Bring in palyers who can't play and hope for the best and hope that the fans won't care.

Find me the link that shows that TFC has any interest whatsoever in this player.

Didn't think so.

SLBuu
12-11-2008, 04:34 PM
WOW!!! just wow

adammac
12-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I know who he is and I agree with most of you he would be a donkey :(

pubboy
12-12-2008, 07:49 AM

YAY - Another Cov fan - we should start the Toronto branch of the CCFC fan club !!! :cheers: