PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Brown?

jloome
12-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't know enough about him to say for sure, but Montreal's Roberto Brown has looked impressive the couple of times I've seen him. CP story today says he's out of contract, as is Matt Jordan and Mauro Biello.

Would Brown be a good depth signing?

werewolf
12-10-2008, 09:22 PM
another striker that scores every 4 games...

we can do better

Brooker
12-10-2008, 09:38 PM
we're getting a DP striker.... we don't need this guy.

besides if we don't get a DP striker and we signed somebody like this.... i wouldnt care bcuz i'd be in prison for strangling mo to death with my barrett jersey.

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Presumably TFC could have picked him up when Colorado released last year (or was it the year before that?) if they had an interest in him. He’d be a good depth player, would have been nice to have him during the stretch where DD was injured this year.

Lucky Strike
12-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Actually, Matt Jordan would be of greater interest to me. He's been great lately.

Toronto Ruffrider
12-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Roberto Brown is from Panama, correct? Unless he's a landed Canadian, there's no point in wasting an international slot on a so-so USL player.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2008, 12:13 AM
yeah gotta say the only way id wanna see this guy signed is if we were out injured strikers and we signed him on a temp contract

deschamp86
12-11-2008, 12:16 AM
In the few games I saw Brown play in the CCL I wasn't impressed,

rocker
12-11-2008, 09:11 AM
i watched every one of Montreal's Canadian championship and champions league games... he has problems finishing. and he's 31.

him and peter byers were "OK" (at least byers has potential) but I think the striker probs are what caused them to re-sign Sebrango from Vancouver.

jloome
12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Ah well, it was a thought. He scored against us, and looked dangerous at time in the montreal v vancouver cup game, so I thought there might be something there. But 5 in 22 is not a good rate, you're rght.

Speaking of Sebrango, how come he hasn't made the jump to MLS? THe guy has always been a pretty decent finisher.

giambac
12-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't know enough about him to say for sure, but Montreal's Roberto Brown has looked impressive the couple of times I've seen him. CP story today says he's out of contract, as is Matt Jordan and Mauro Biello.

Would Brown be a good depth signing?

So am I out of a contract. Maybe Mo will look at me.
Shit I want real players not minor league players.

trane
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I like what I have seen from all of the players. But Brown's strike rate is no impresive, although he does look dangerous at times, age is an issue with him as well as the other two.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2008, 02:46 PM
My buddies dad is a whitecaps supporter and says that Sebrango is a bit overrated and tends to dive alot (as well as ponces about the field). I think hes also a bit up there in age. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally the only thing going for both these teams is the fact that a) alot of the players have been playing together for a long time and b) theyve got relatively decent coaching staff.

Oldtimer
12-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Can we add all of these threads on every available player in the world to the superthread mods? Thanks!

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
its not that unreasonable to have a thread like this as they play for canadian teams and are prob on someones radar especially if they are canadian

jloome
12-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Can we add all of these threads on every available player in the world to the superthread mods? Thanks!

I thought we'd established that the superthread was for actual rumours, not just suggestions or discussions.

Article says Steffen Iversen and Henrik Larsson are both willing to move during the off-season, albeit likely to England. Iversen just had 10 in 22 for Rosenborg and Larsson speaks for himself:

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED09%20Dec%202008%2009%3A28%3A52%3A403

trane
12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
^ Larsson is rumoured to be moving to Everton, we are very short of strikers, due to injuries to both Saha ( he should be back) and Yakubu( for the season).