PDA

View Full Version : Darío Conca, of the Fluminense from Brazil to the MLS or maybe TFC?

tfcmanu
12-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Darío Conca is an Argentine creative mediocampista born from the quarry of River Plate that at the moment defends the colors of the Fluminense of Brazil. Conca, in addition registers passages by Catholic University of Chile, Central Rosary of Argentina and Vasco gives Range of Brazil.

Product of good season that it has had with the Fluminense (equipment with which even arrived at the Liberating end of the Glass east year), the Argentinean has sounded in several equipment of South America and Europe. And apparently also there would be interest from the Major League Soccer in counting on his services. B/R Ticket Guide Powered by FanSnap.com

This is part than our friendly inform on the matter (translation done by we ourself) into Soccer Brazil…
Héctor Horseman, leader of River Plate (club owner of the letter of the player), revealed that the club has a proposal of an equipment of MLS by Conca. According to the manager, the S-value more or less the same that Fluminense must pay to take control of happens of the mediocampista, that is to loan until December.
How much it has of certain in this? We do not know. But we give to thanks our friendly him of Soccer Brazil to send the rumor to us.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2 F90657-daro-conca-del-fluminense-de-brasil-a-la-mls&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Translate)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/90657-daro-conca-del-fluminense-de-brasil-a-la-mls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dar%C3%ADo_Leonardo_Conca

jloome
12-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the tip, Brazilian dudes. If you're asking for TFC fans' opinions, I'd have to say this looks unlikely: we already have a central American star, Amado Guevara, playing in the midfield hole and your guy appears to be a diminutive attacking midfielder.

Unless he plays regularly on the wing; we're looking for some help there, so that might be it.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
HA was just about to say the samething Jloome said (i read the article in MLSrumors earlier)

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
also theres really nothing linking us to this player

Marco2K
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
this guy would be an amazing pick up for TFC.

he is much better then Guevara anyways!

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Have you seen this guy play?

Marco2K
12-09-2008, 09:05 PM
He use to play for Vasco Da gama. Vasco then had to let him go cause of some contract issues. he would be a major upgrade.

Plus he is only 25.

Lets hope Mo can pick this guy up!

Marco2K
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dario+conca&search_type=&aq=0&oq=dario+con

fetajr
12-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Darío Conca is an Argentine creative mediocampista born from the quarry of River Plate that at the moment defends the colors of the Fluminense of Brazil. Conca, in addition registers passages by Catholic University of Chile, Central Rosary of Argentina and Vasco gives Range of Brazil.

Product of good season that it has had with the Fluminense (equipment with which even arrived at the Liberating end of the Glass east year), the Argentinean has sounded in several equipment of South America and Europe. And apparently also there would be interest from the Major League Soccer in counting on his services. B/R Ticket Guide Powered by FanSnap.com

This is part than our friendly inform on the matter (translation done by we ourself) into Soccer Brazil…
Héctor Horseman, leader of River Plate (club owner of the letter of the player), revealed that the club has a proposal of an equipment of MLS by Conca. According to the manager, the S-value more or less the same that Fluminense must pay to take control of happens of the mediocampista, that is to loan until December.
How much it has of certain in this? We do not know. But we give to thanks our friendly him of Soccer Brazil to send the rumor to us.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate (http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2 F90657-daro-conca-del-fluminense-de-brasil-a-la-mls&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Translate)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/90657-daro-conca-del-fluminense-de-brasil-a-la-mls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dar%C3%ADo_Leonardo_Conca

This guy is awesome and done well wherever he goes....please come to TFC.

When i was watching a Universided Catolica game from Chile a few years ago, I saw Conca playing for the first time and was very impressed, i remember thinking to myself "he's gotta be Argentinian"...since alot of impactfull players in the Chilean league are from Argentina.

fetajr
12-10-2008, 02:28 PM
but I have NO FAITH in MO. He wouldn't know great Latin American talent if it hit him in the face.

Plus the article talks about an MLS team placing a transfer offer on the table to River Place (Conca's owners) in order to get his rights. I doubt MO and cheap ass MLSE would make such an offer just to transfer a star young player, when they can sign a washed up piece of shit transfer free.

fetajr
12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the tip, Brazilian dudes. If you're asking for TFC fans' opinions, I'd have to say this looks unlikely: we already have a central American star, Amado Guevara, playing in the midfield hole and your guy appears to be a diminutive attacking midfielder.

Unless he plays regularly on the wing; we're looking for some help there, so that might be it.

Conca is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Guevara, and Conca will NEVER, EEEVER, get called to the Argentinian national team. They can trade Guevara for assets if TFC gets Conca.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-10-2008, 02:30 PM
has nothing to do with Mo or MLSE.
MLS puts the transfers out.
They have rarely paid for a transfer above 1 million dollars.
River has already received bids from Russia etc.
This Cheap mlse/clueless Mo schtick is boring, especially when people have no clue about what they are talking about

fetajr
12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
you mean MLS pays for the transfers?

ccopela
12-10-2008, 02:42 PM
you mean MLS pays for the transfers?

MLS pays for everything. Transfers, Player Contracts. I don't think there has been a transfer fee payed by MLS anywhere near 1 million dollars. The money for a transfer fee would either come out of the cap or the allocation money.

fetajr
12-10-2008, 02:56 PM
i see..my apologies to you guys and MLSE for my rant on that...

I wont take away my feelings toward MO though.

trane
12-10-2008, 03:05 PM
I like his age, as an attacking mid I would have liked to see more goals, but perhaps he is more of play maker. However, he could play for us for a while and he would probably produce in the MLS.

jloome
12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
I've seen two suggestions here that he's way better than Guevara, but that Youtube package sure doesn't support that contention. A handful of fairly average goals, then lots of shots being saved and a few decent through balls?

Perhaps good technique is being mistaken for productivity here; he's 5'5" inches tall and as a midfielder in a league as physical and less-technique based as MLS, he'd be beaten around a lot. Where's the statistical evidence that he could contribute more in this league than a former MVP and full international?

FluSH
12-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I might be heading to Brazil in Jan/Feb... I'll give you guys a full report + tell you where Mo Johnston is sipping his Capirinhas

Huginho
12-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Having seen many games of Conca while he was in Chile, I'll add my name to the Conca better then Guevara list although by a small margin. a few years ago His former club Catolica (Chile) took on DC United in the Copa Sudamericana and he ran circles around United. Not to mention helping Fluminese make it to the Copa Libertadores finals not long ago. I don't buy the full international argument considering the endless amount of players Argentina has to choose from opposed to Honduras. If El Mellizo can come into this league and single handedly take Columbus all the way then without hesitation I'd say Conca can.

I've seen two suggestions here that he's way better than Guevara, but that Youtube package sure doesn't support that contention. A handful of fairly average goals, then lots of shots being saved and a few decent through balls?

Perhaps good technique is being mistaken for productivity here; he's 5'5" inches tall and as a midfielder in a league as physical and less-technique based as MLS, he'd be beaten around a lot. Where's the statistical evidence that he could contribute more in this league than a former MVP and full international?

Beach_Red
12-10-2008, 04:31 PM
but I have NO FAITH in MO. He wouldn't know great Latin American talent if it hit him in the face.

Recognizing the talent isn't the hard part - convincing their agents to sign them to MLS contracts is the hard part.

Yohan
12-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Recognizing the talent isn't the hard part - convincing their agents to sign them to MLS contracts is the hard part.
aint that the truth. not to mention STUPID MLS transfer rules

jloome
12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Having seen many games of Conca while he was in Chile, I'll add my name to the Conca better then Guevara list although by a small margin. a few years ago His former club Catolica (Chile) took on DC United in the Copa Sudamericana and he ran circles around United. Not to mention helping Fluminese make it to the Copa Libertadores finals not long ago. I don't buy the full international argument considering the endless amount of players Argentina has to choose from opposed to Honduras. If El Mellizo can come into this league and single handedly take Columbus all the way then without hesitation I'd say Conca can.

That sounds like an objective comparison.

I have to wonder again, though, where he'd play if we're NOT getting rid of Guevara. Maybe Mo's concerned that the rumours about him staying in Honduras are true.

fetajr
12-11-2008, 10:39 AM

Totally agree Huginho.

Schelotto is pure heart and at his age, he's still got it.

if* TFC were the team interested in Conca, and they did get him, I am sure there is a way to have a duo of Guevara and Conca effectively on the field at any given time.

SLBuu
12-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Maybe if we get Conca, and a BIG IF, then sending Guevara back to Honduras wouldn't be such a big loss.

and if this Conca guy is as good as some make him out to be then why hasn't he been on some European clubs radar? he's a good age to go.

not trying to sound pessimistic, just asking an honest question.

Beach_Red
12-11-2008, 11:16 AM
That sounds like an objective comparison.

I have to wonder again, though, where he'd play if we're NOT getting rid of Guevara. Maybe Mo's concerned that the rumours about him staying in Honduras are true.

Given his history, it would be a good idea to have a back-up plan for Guevara. And maybe even a little pressure on him to perform.

fetajr
12-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe if we get Conca, and a BIG IF, then sending Guevara back to Honduras wouldn't be such a big loss.

and if this Conca guy is as good as some make him out to be then why hasn't he been on some European clubs radar? he's a good age to go.

not trying to sound pessimistic, just asking an honest question.

it says it here
"Producto de la buena temporada que ha tenido con el Fluminense (equipo con el que incluso llegó a la final de la Copa Libertadores este año), el argentino ha sonado en varios equipos de Sudamérica y Europa."

not very specific, but it says that interest is coming from various teams in south america and europe.

SLBuu
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
ahh! sorry about that.... was just wondering to myself and thought there was a reason for him not going over there, like permit issues or what not.

Thx

fetajr
12-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Perhaps good technique is being mistaken for productivity here; he's 5'5" inches tall and as a midfielder in a league as physical and less-technique based as MLS, he'd be beaten around a lot.

Most leagues are physical.... maybe not the Swedish one according to Don Cherry.

I think size in offensive positions is overrated in soccer... in TFC's case, we have size up front with Dichio.. but what we lack is ball control, creativity, speed controlling the ball and the ability to give Dichio a decent cross into the box.

jloome
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Most leagues are physical.... maybe not the Swedish one according to Don Cherry.

I think size in offensive positions is overrated in soccer... in TFC's case, we have size up front with Dichio.. but what we lack is ball control, creativity, speed controlling the ball and the ability to give Dichio a decent cross into the box.

That's very true. With Robbo lying deep, we had real problems at times last year holding onto the ball in the midfield. One more player who's hard to tackle sure wouldn't hurt.

Besides, if he's fast, there's nothign wrong wiith playing him in the hole and playing with a single striker, assuming that striker's good for 10-plus per season. I'll take a guy who scores four but sets up 12 or 13 over a second striker who scores six or seven but rarely picks up an assist.

Problem with that scenario is that we just signed Barrett to a four-year deal, and he isn't at his peak as a finisher yet....but did chip in more than five assists each of the last two seasons. So do we sign a guy like Conca and a) play narrow field 4-3-3 sitting him behind two strikers but sacrificing width; or b) in the hole, but lose a striker? Or C) Play a rigid 5-3-2, with attacking fullbacks? Because unless he'd be ready to play wide (as Keon Daniel apparently is), I can't see a scenario that involves him AND Guevara AND Robinson but also allows us to have two wingers on the field.

Any suggestions how this could work?

Huginho
12-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Doubt it would happen but I'd like to see a more attacking style 3-5-2.

----------Robbo
Ricketts -------------Brennan

-----Conca -----Guevara

Of course presuming that the Conca to MLS is true at all. Even though there is no link to tfc thus far, I think the main reason he's being talked about here is cause of Mo's trip's to Brazil and him looking for younger players, he fit's that criteria.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Brennan would be playing left back, so itd be either JoSmith or some other dude we are picking up (ideally Daniels, if he plays that position, which the impression i get he is an attacking do it all)

jloome
12-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Doubt it would happen but I'd like to see a more attacking style 3-5-2.

----------Robbo
Ricketts -------------Brennan

-----Conca -----Guevara

Of course presuming that the Conca to MLS is true at all. Even though there is no link to tfc thus far, I think the main reason he's being talked about here is cause of Mo's trip's to Brazil and him looking for younger players, he fit's that criteria.

Ricketts has never been a defensive-minded player , although he tracks back and tackles really well for a mid, so maybe. The problem then become what you do with Marv Wynne, who as far as I know is only rumoured to be leaving. Surely, if we're playing with attacking wingbacks, he gets the start over Rohan. But then what do you do with Ricketts, who is a good offensive player for us?

So you see the positional conundrum. If we take on a player in an AM position as a starter, we either have to go 5-3-2 and lose a winger, or 433 and lose a striker. We're also more defensively vulnerable on the wings, because we're playing a flatback three at that point, with robbo ahead of them.

trane
12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
That's very true. With Robbo lying deep, we had real problems at times last year holding onto the ball in the midfield. One more player who's hard to tackle sure wouldn't hurt.

Besides, if he's fast, there's nothign wrong wiith playing him in the hole and playing with a single striker, assuming that striker's good for 10-plus per season. I'll take a guy who scores four but sets up 12 or 13 over a second striker who scores six or seven but rarely picks up an assist.

Problem with that scenario is that we just signed Barrett to a four-year deal, and he isn't at his peak as a finisher yet....but did chip in more than five assists each of the last two seasons. So do we sign a guy like Conca and a) play narrow field 4-3-3 sitting him behind two strikers but sacrificing width; or b) in the hole, but lose a striker? Or C) Play a rigid 5-3-2, with attacking fullbacks? Because unless he'd be ready to play wide (as Keon Daniel apparently is), I can't see a scenario that involves him AND Guevara AND Robinson but also allows us to have two wingers on the field.

Any suggestions how this could work?

I do not think that we would see it at TFC, but instead of a pure 4-3-3, we should consider the 4-3-2-1,

-----------------------------S-----------------------------

---------------------AM-----------AM-----------------------

-----------DM---------------CM---------------DM-----------

---LB---------------------------------------------------RB---

------------------CB-----------------CB------------------------

Good defensively, but quick to transition into attack, with many options, outside back coming up, play through the CM, DM in support, ect.

Yohan
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I do not think that we would see it at TFC, but instead of a pure 4-3-3, we should consider the 4-3-2-1,

-----------------------------S-----------------------------

---------------------AM-----------AM-----------------------

-----------DM---------------CM---------------DM-----------

---LB---------------------------------------------------RB---

------------------CB-----------------CB------------------------

Good defensively, but quick to transition into attack, with many options, outside back coming up, play through the CM, DM in support, ect.
Ah yes. the vaunted Christmas tree line up :p

this assumes that both AM are clinical finishers...

trane
12-11-2008, 04:59 PM
^ That is what they call, it. But yes, you would hope that both AM are good finishers, but it gives you alot of options in attack without sacrificing as much defensively, as you would in a pure 4-3-3, or giving up as much offensively as if you were playing with a striker more isolated upfront. Say you play this with Dichio, as a striker and Guevarra ( although in our current line up I would prefer him as the CM) and Barret as the attacking mids, there would be a lot of interpaly and support up there, the CB would also be greatly presure, becuse in the midle you would have alot of 3 on 2 situations, with the CM and DMs close back. It creates presure while still cloging the mid field defensively.

jloome
12-11-2008, 07:14 PM
^ That is what they call, it. But yes, you would hope that both AM are good finishers, but it gives you alot of options in attack without sacrificing as much defensively, as you would in a pure 4-3-3, or giving up as much offensively as if you were playing with a striker more isolated upfront. Say you play this with Dichio, as a striker and Guevarra ( although in our current line up I would prefer him as the CM) and Barret as the attacking mids, there would be a lot of interpaly and support up there, the CB would also be greatly presure, becuse in the midle you would have alot of 3 on 2 situations, with the CM and DMs close back. It creates presure while still cloging the mid field defensively.

But this would mean relegating both Jo. Smith and Ricketts, two of our more dangerous players, to the bench, or rotating with Barrett. Do we stand the risk of losing Ricketts, who still doesn't have a deal, and not developing Smith by having him sit?

Yohan
12-12-2008, 02:12 AM
But this would mean relegating both Jo. Smith and Ricketts, two of our more dangerous players, to the bench, or rotating with Barrett. Do we stand the risk of losing Ricketts, who still doesn't have a deal, and not developing Smith by having him sit?
And Barrett is not an AM

trane
12-12-2008, 09:14 AM

I would like to see Ricketts tried in a more in a more central role I like him when he takes defenders one-on one. The way I see it, Barret is better suited as in a hole striker, you try Ricketts in there, Dichio, or whomever we may sign upfront, and Guevarra as the CM.

My issue, is that we have always complained about the quality of service from the wings, and to some point it is true, but we also have not been very effecitve when the ball does get into good forward position. I also find that some of our best opportunites have been when our outsidebacks have come up, be in WYnne, Attakora or Brennan ( as much as I do not like seeing them getting hung up there-Wynne in particular). A formation like this uses the speed of the backs as well.

Anyway it is all speculation untill we now who we acctualy have once the season starts.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-12-2008, 09:34 AM
ricketts could never play as a striker, his strike rate is far too poor

trane
12-12-2008, 11:17 AM
^ I meant as an attacking mid. He creates problems for the defenders when he attackes with the ball on his feet.

Yohan
12-12-2008, 12:44 PM
^ I meant as an attacking mid. He creates problems for the defenders when he attackes with the ball on his feet.
Games that Ricketts did play in more central role, he looked pretty lost.

trane
12-12-2008, 01:16 PM
^ I think everyone looked lost at times last year.

Yohan
12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
^ I think everyone looked lost at times last year.
true. but you'd think ricketts would have made some impact in CM role.

i dont think ricketts have the mentality to be a good CM. while his ind technique is good and his reading of the game is more suitable for winger. plays fine on the limited space on the edge of the pitch, but lacks vision and positioning sense to be a good CM IMO

trane
12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
^ Not as CM, he does not seem to have the vision or creativity for that, more like an AM. Get him a chance to be on the ball more and attack and use his quickness.

Yohan
12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I'd argue that AM requires just as much creativity and vision as a CM.

Ricketts will do better with dribbling and taking on defenders one on one in the middle of the pitch, but you need to be a good passer and a crosser in AM, plus that vision, positioning and tactical awareness to create opportunities.

I suppose it's worth a try, but considering we've been having so much problem making a decent first pass out of our own half...

jloome
12-12-2008, 09:29 PM
I'd argue that AM requires just as much creativity and vision as a CM.

Ricketts will do better with dribbling and taking on defenders one on one in the middle of the pitch, but you need to be a good passer and a crosser in AM, plus that vision, positioning and tactical awareness to create opportunities.

I suppose it's worth a try, but considering we've been having so much problem making a decent first pass out of our own half...

I'm guessing this guy isn't coming, as four central midfield attackers would be a wee bit strange.

Disagree on Ricketts, to an extent -- I just think that's too early to call He only had, that I recall, two games where he played centrally and did very well in one, just ok/poorly in the other (and was subbed out for fatigue, if I recall). He's pretty good at getting back and tackling, and the game where he played on the inside right of a 4-3-3, where all the kids were playing, he was the one of the best players on the pitch.