PDA

View Full Version : So who plays....

jloome
05-22-2008, 05:53 PM
...instead of Mo Edu? He's playing in the USA v England friendly next week ( just got called up) and will miss the Montreal game.

Suggestions (queue chorus of "Jarrod Smith in a 442)?

kdzb
05-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I guess that's the only plan or the second option is to insert Harmes on Mo Edu spot.

Keyman
05-22-2008, 05:59 PM
----Smith/Cunny-----Dichio-------
--------Guevara-----------
Robert---------Ricketts----
-------Robinson------------
-Brennan-Marshall-Velez-Wynne
---------Sutton--------------

:D 4-4-2

CretanBull
05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
I think we'll go 4-4-2, with Smith starting up front, or maybe showcase Cunny for a trade. Smith and Dichio would give us decent skill and incredible grit though - it would be a tough day for opposing defenders.

nfitz
05-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Where did you here he was called up? He's not mentioned in the announcement:
http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_6422546.html

nimamalek
05-22-2008, 06:03 PM
dont change something thats working, just replace Edu with Harmes and hope he doesnt have a bonehead moment, they play basically the same game, although Edu plays it better (even though he looked like shit against DC)

rocker
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Where did you here he was called up? He's not mentioned in the announcement:
http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_6422546.html

Ives says Feilhaber got hurt yesterday and Edu was chosen to replace him:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/05/edu-replaces-fe.html

Keyman
05-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Honestly though, I think you will see an entirely different lineup.

-------Cunny----Lomardo-----
--Robert--Rosenlund---Smith
-----------Phelan---------------
--Dunivant--James--Marshall---Tebily
-----------Edwards--------------

Cowboy905
05-22-2008, 06:13 PM
How come these guys leave for friendlies?

doesn't make sense to me. either play on your team in league play where you can contribute to 3 points, or you can play a meaningless friendly with a loser US squad against a useless English Squad.

giambac
05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
----Smith/Cunny-----Dichio-------
--------Guevara-----------
Robert---------Ricketts----
-------Robinson------------
-Brennan-Marshall-Velez-Wynne
---------Sutton--------------

:D 4-4-2

Like this lineup and the foramt 4-4-2 is the wy to go.

Only change i may consider is Smith for Ricketts. Maybe start Ricketts but substitute him at half time if he isn't performing.

Broadview
05-22-2008, 06:16 PM
^^^125....

Here's something you never woulda heard a month ago...

Why the hell would you sit Velez?

nfitz
05-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Ives says Feilhaber got hurt yesterday and Edu was chosen to replace him:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/05/edu-replaces-fe.html
Ah - a shame. Thanks.

Keyman
05-22-2008, 06:19 PM
^^^Here's something you never woulda heard a month ago...

For rest, maybe, that's the only reason I would sit him.
He's actually become a very strong member of our backline, and 3 games within a week may be too much for him.
You could also put Gala on the left as well, Harmse in at CDM, Melo in... There are a lot of options.
Tebily could also fill in, with James at CB.. orrrr

---Dunivant---James---Pehlan---Tebily---

giambac
05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
^^^125....

Here's something you never woulda heard a month ago...

Wow ain't that the truth.

I was a very big critic of Valez. I have to swallow my tongue and say this guy has really turned it around. he is getting better by the game which is great to see.

I wouldn't sit Valez. He is gaining confidence by the game and he is looking rather strong at our back end.

Hope he keeps it up.

SilverSamurai
05-22-2008, 08:22 PM
How come these guys leave for friendlies?

doesn't make sense to me. either play on your team in league play where you can contribute to 3 points, or you can play a meaningless friendly with a loser US squad against a useless English Squad.
Because players need to play friendlies for practice. Also for most players, representing your country is an honour. (Trophies aside)

kshep
05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Does the US England match fall on a FIFA date? If not, the club should ask Mo to stay since he's only being called as a replacement and wasn't a first choice.(I will hate to see that he goes over and sits the whole match or comes on as a late sub, when he could be playing in meaningful matches for us.) Just my opinion though.

Broadview
05-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't mind experimenting a little against Montreal, but Velez knows all the sneaky USL tricks!

Nuvinho
05-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I think maybe half the starters sit for the Montreal game

kshep
05-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I think maybe half the starters sit for the Montreal game

Carver's already on record as saying he doesn't sit players unless there injured/out of form. Besides we can't take these Canada cup games lightly, CCL is far too important a tournament to get into to be resting on our laurels.

When/if the Open Canada Cup is resumed(hopefully with TFC in the mix) then you might see starters sitting in place of subs/development players I'd imagine.

Nuvinho
05-22-2008, 09:38 PM
At home starters will play for the CCL, on the road, more of the reserves

Cas87
05-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Honestly though, I think you will see an entirely different lineup.

-------Cunny----Lomardo-----
--Robert--Rosenlund---Smith
-----------Phelan---------------
--Dunivant--James--Marshall---Tebily
-----------Edwards--------------

Okay?!?
Is this a lineup basically to see if our depth will actually contribute, thought we wanted TFC to win the Canada Cup and go to the CCL. Don't underestimate Montreal and Vancouver, USL teams can beat MLS teams

Lucky Strike
05-22-2008, 10:53 PM
It's pretty simple, really. With Edu gone, you put in Tébily who according to Birmingham people, plays actually better at DM than CB.

Pachuco
05-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow ain't that the truth.

I was a very big critic of Valez. I have to swallow my tongue and say this guy has really turned it around. he is getting better by the game which is great to see.

I wouldn't sit Valez. He is gaining confidence by the game and he is looking rather strong at our back end.

Hope he keeps it up.

WAIT....NO WAY!!! Giambac has said something positive. This deserves a TIFO at the Montreal game

:party: