PDA

View Full Version : Reds looking to the future !!

denime
12-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Reds looking to the future

Toronto FC continues to build

Toronto FC continues to build both on and off the pitch, and Tom Anselmi (Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of MLSE) addressed Reds supporters at The Kit Party to update them on a number of issues, including the building of a new training facility. ...

Read more (http://%27http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081208&content_id=208063&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280%22)

denime
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
We're working hard to build the Academy and we are going to add a U14 team this year," he explainedThis is good news.

and this one too:

"We want to be the best team in the league and to do that we need to have a grass pitch and a world class training facility. We're working on it, please be patient."

H Bomb
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Ugh. Mr Anselmi, why don't you stop with the monthly press releases asking us to be patient and do something. There's no reason for us to be patient. The only reason we don't have these things he so wants to give us is bureaucratic bullshit and I've got no interest in it whatsoever. I'm so fed up with these worthless articles telling us of all the changes that still aren't happening. DO SOMETHING then unveil it...we have no reason to believe you since nothing you say gets done.

arbogast
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Ugh. Mr Anselmi, why don't you stop with the monthly press releases asking us to be patient and do something. There's no reason for us to be patient. The only reason we don't have these things he so wants to give us is bureaucratic bullshit and I've got no interest in it whatsoever. I'm so fed up with these worthless articles telling us of all the changes that still aren't happening. DO SOMETHING then unveil it...we have no reason to believe you since nothing you say gets done.

What can he really do?

The CITY OWNS THE DAMNED STADIUM. and we all know how slow, cautious and rediculous Toronto City Council is. I'm sure MLSE is just as pissed at the bureaucracy involved in making htis change as we are.

redcard
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
What can he really do?

The CITY OWNS THE DAMNED STADIUM. and we all know how slow, cautious and rediculous Toronto City Council is. I'm sure MLSE is just as pissed at the bureaucracy involved in making htis change as we are.

well he can start by building an indoor facility that can be used by TFC and the community similar to the Hershey sportzone in mississauga, once that is done then they can proceed with grass a BMO.

grass cannot and will not be put in BMO until they can have a facility for the community to use.

H Bomb
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
What can he really do?

They can stop with the lip service. I've read this article 100 times in the last 12 months. It's becoming a boy who cried wolf scenario. Just get on with it, we all know what the intentions are but intentions on their own do very little.

T_Mizz
12-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Where are the U-14s going to be playing?

Super
12-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Prediction:

Tom Anselmi will address supporters at the kit party, December 2012. He asks for patience in signing the first DP, in securing grass at BMO, in expansion, and in making the play-offs. "We're still a relatively new team, and it takes time to build a squad".

Oldtimer
12-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Prediction:

Tom Anselmi will address supporters at the kit party, December 2012. He asks for patience in signing the first DP, in securing grass at BMO, in expansion, and in making the play-offs. "We're still a relatively new team, and it takes time to build a squad".

You forgot "we have full confidence in Mo. He is on the right track to building the team for the long term. The reeeaaaall long term." ;)

Derko
12-09-2008, 10:16 PM
You guy's must be bored,lol
No comments

Beach_Red
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Prediction:

If there's no DP, no grass and no playoffs by 2012, who would go to a kit party?

Or is he addressing an empty room?

Super
12-09-2008, 10:41 PM
^ This is Toronto. ;)

TheRenter
12-10-2008, 12:33 AM
this thread makes me happy....some good posts in here, but i really think that if we are patient with this club, great things will take place for soccer in this city, and country...think positive:hump:

Shakes McQueen
12-10-2008, 12:34 AM
well he can start by building an indoor facility that can be used by TFC and the community similar to the Hershey sportzone in mississauga, once that is done then they can proceed with grass a BMO.

grass cannot and will not be put in BMO until they can have a facility for the community to use.

This all takes time. Building a new indoor facility is not a small financial proposition, nor a small time commitment. The team is two years old!

Throw in the fact that they also want a world-class training facility for the club, a grass pitch, and expansion to BMO itself - and he's right, we need to be patient.

I appreciate the fact that Anselmi updated fans on what the club's priorities are going forward, and that he related their commitment to eventually getting grass at BMO itself. It means these concerns are on their radar, which is a good thing.

TFC is new to the MLSE portfolio, and is the least profitable of all of their business ventures. Yet, of all three franchises, TFC is no doubt the club looking to spend the most money. We have to be patient.

We don't have one single wealthy tycoon owner - we have a board, that has to be convinced these things make sense.

- Scott

Pachuco
12-10-2008, 10:08 AM
This all takes time. Building a new indoor facility is not a small financial proposition, nor a small time commitment. The team is two years old!

Throw in the fact that they also want a world-class training facility for the club, a grass pitch, and expansion to BMO itself - and he's right, we need to be patient.

I appreciate the fact that Anselmi updated fans on what the club's priorities are going forward, and that he related their commitment to eventually getting grass at BMO itself. It means these concerns are on their radar, which is a good thing.

TFC is new to the MLSE portfolio, and is the least profitable of all of their business ventures. Yet, of all three franchises, TFC is no doubt the club looking to spend the most money. We have to be patient.

We don't have one single wealthy tycoon owner - we have a board, that has to be convinced these things make sense.

- Scott

TFC is less profitable then the marlies? probalby not.

I would even guess that TFC is more profitable then the Raptors.

Obviously the Raptors bring in more revenue, but I would think TFC is more profitable. I could be wrong though.