PDA

View Full Version : [Rumour]Guevara gone?

TFC 420
12-05-2008, 09:43 AM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/

Is there any truth to this or is this just more mlsrumors bull shit?

NF-FC
12-05-2008, 09:46 AM
smells like bullshit to me

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 09:47 AM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/

Is there any truth to this or is this just more mlsrumors bull shit?

Yeah we had to make room for del piero, kaka and messi.

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Kaka...Messi. Get it?

(attn. King Dave)

Ossington Mental Youth
I fucking hope not.
Jesus.
What a fucking pain in the ass if its true.
Dude seemed happy here. There were some adjustments that needed to be made but some solid CBs would more or less solve. That and a striker.

David_Oliveira
might be similar to Beckham where he is there for a few months and then back to us. How long does the Clausura go for

Damien
12-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Bullshit. Worst comes to worst he trains with Motagua in the offseason but comes back for preseason.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I can understand if its a loan like Blanco etc to stay fit get in the sun but to leave?
Nah

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Bullshit. Worst comes to worst he trains with Motagua in the offseason but comes back for preseason.

yeah zactly what i was thinking

Damien
12-05-2008, 09:50 AM
TFC has the option to keep him or waive him, he cant cancel his own contract.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Forgive me for not reading too much into it, but technically it doesn't say anything about a permanent deal.

"Amado Guevara will be going back to Honduras and join Motagua for the Clausura tournament."

From what I understand the Clausura tournament in Honduras runs from January until May. He played in the tournament last year as well, which is what delayed his arrival.

ACSertL
12-05-2008, 09:54 AM
I guess he'd only be available to Motagua until the start of the MLS season since he is still under contract with TFC.

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Hope it doesn't delay his arrival next season. He'd mis like 7-8 games.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Which again, is what he did last year. As soon as he left the team... they got knocked out of the tournament. :lol:

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 09:56 AM
as long as his arrival isnt delayed, im cool with it.
Itd be nice to have him back for some preseason training with everyone else (including our new DP striker :):rolleyes:)

Damien
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I hope this doesnt start a trend for most MLS players to go and train with a team in the winter and actually play games. Injury's can happen!

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
I hope this doesnt start a trend for most MLS players to go and train with a team in the winter and actually play games. Injury's can happen!

The top players are doing it, especially the ones who aren't getting any younger. It's tough to take 3 months off and keep your body in peak physical shape.

Hitcho
12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
as long as his arrival isnt delayed, im cool with it.
Itd be nice to have him back for some preseason training with everyone else (including our new DP striker :):rolleyes:)

Nice?! I'd say it's imperative. One of the key things we're looking fro next season is stability, starting with a settled squad for pre-season training so that everyone can gel. Amado is a key player for us and he should be there for the ENTIRE pre-season camp.

I'm sure Carver will hold this view too, and seeing as we hold his contract, it should be a no brainer. Why is JC going to release one of his best payers from pre-season when A) he doesn't need or have or want to and B) he wants everyone together for pre-season?

If Amado is allowed off pre-season, it sets a bad precedent and tone for the rest of the season.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Good luck stopping him... I'm sure he wouldn't be opposed to 'walking out' on the league a second time.

Damien
The top players are doing it, especially the ones who aren't getting any younger. It's tough to take 3 months off and keep your body in peak physical shape.

I wonder if TFC can setup something with Winsper to have a winter program going to keep their players here.

TFC OZZ
I agree that the worst that could come of this would be him just missing pre-season. However, if we're signing a new DP striker, I think it's really important that they have practice playing together and form a good partnership. I think this could have serious negative effects for our offense.

If Guevera somehow does end up going for good, the natural replacement would be De Rosario...

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
If Guevera somehow does end up going for good, the natural replacement would be De Rosario...

Natural target.. yes. ;)

TFC 420
12-05-2008, 10:04 AM
L.A. is begging for trouble with Becks and Donovan. It's a matter of time before an MLS player sustains a major injury during the offseason. Hope L.A. has a good insurance policy.

Chevy
12-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I heard some rumblings about this late last year. Admittedly it was third-hand information, but originated with a former player. Guevera apparently doesn't get along that well with the English players.

Hope its not true, but you never know.

Damien
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
I heard some rumblings about this late last year. Admittedly it was third-hand information, but originated with a former player. Guevera apparently doesn't get along that well with the English players.

I know some people in the Media get frustrated with him because of his reluctance to talk (obviously because he doesn't speak a word on english).

I don't know why the guy doesn't learn when he's spend so much time here. Most players can pick up a new language within a year.

Shaughno
That's nothing new. He had problems when he was in NY.

Hitcho
Good luck stopping him... I'm sure he wouldn't be opposed to 'walking out' on the league a second time.

Fair point, but under FIFA rules can we not prevent him from playing for anyone else while he's under contract?

TFC 420

I thought Guevara and Rickets got along well

Hitcho
12-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe MoJo is plannign on shipping him out then, and bringin in his (supposedly) stated target of DeRo as a replacement.

I could live with that. I like Guevara, but you gotta be ruthless when it come sto improving the team and maintaining squad harmony.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Maybe MoJo is plannign on shipping him out then, and bringin in his (supposedly) stated target of DeRo as a replacement.

I could live with that. I like Guevara, but you gotta be ruthless when it come sto improving the team and maintaining squad harmony.

thatd be fine with me too provided we dont have to give up a huge amount for DeRo

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Ridding of Guevara is ok provided we get someone the same or better in his place and dont give up a huge amount.
Logical, i know

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
^^I'm surprised your not the GM.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
HAHAHA give it time.
Building up my resume with Football manager experience.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Fair point, but under FIFA rules can we not prevent him from playing for anyone else while he's under contract?

The only rules I've seen from FIFA on the subject are that, any player may only play for one club at a time. A player may be registered with up to 3 clubs per season, no more.

Chevy
12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I thought Guevara and Rickets got along well

That was also my response when I heard it. Time will tell I guess.

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 10:18 AM
HAHAHA give it time.
Building up my resume with Football manager experience.

I do well at Fifa 08 as well but I usually creat a bunch of players, make them all 99s and score 12 goals a game. thats not cheating is it?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
I do well at Fifa 08 as well but I usually creat a bunch of players, make them all 99s and score 12 goals a game. thats not cheating is it?

I dunno, ill have to check the books for that.
Ill let you know.
If not, ill hire you on as head trainer

Damien
12-05-2008, 10:21 AM

Not if you show Mo Johnston how to do that with REAL players.

Beach_Red
12-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Yes, you're right, you gotta be ruthless.

If he was replaced by someone who wouldn't be gone for international games and would playthe whole season, it would be fine.

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Not if you show Mo Johnston how to do that with REAL players.

Sure he can use such created legends as: Ballsface McFuckpants and Rape Belaclava. Top men in my books!

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Yes, you're right, you gotta be ruthless.

If he was replaced by someone who wouldn't be gone for international games and would playthe whole season, it would be fine.

Definately trading tit for tat there.

Jack
12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Guys...the article from the Honduran paper specifically states:

Amado quedará desligado del Toronto FC de la MLS para unirse al equipo de sus amores.

Which means: "Amado will sever ties with Toronto FC of the MLS to unite with the team he loves"

Doesn't sound like a temporary thing to me.

ACSertL
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Guys...the article from the Honduran paper specifically states:

Amado quedará desligado del Toronto FC de la MLS para unirse al equipo de sus amores.

Which means: "Amado will sever ties with Toronto FC of the MLS to unite with the team he loves"

Doesn't sound like a temporary thing to me.

Hmm...now that is an interesting twist.

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
You can almost always trust central american news reports. They are never one sided or written with a passionate heart instead of factual sources. Especially when it comes to the cool heads of soccer writers.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Fair enough... I don't read Spanish bitch!

alexintoronto
12-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Kaka...Messi. Get it?

(attn. King Dave)

:rofl::rofl:

(enjoy lunch)

Pigfynn
12-05-2008, 10:44 AM
These were the same papers that told us long before it was confirmed, that he was coming here.

It doesn't sound good.

Jack
12-05-2008, 10:47 AM
You can almost always trust central american news reports. They are never one sided or written with a passionate heart instead of factual sources. Especially when it comes to the cool heads of soccer writers.
Of course you never know.

But that's an article, not a column.

It's stated as fact in the article, rather than opinion.

He doesn't say "Motagua should bring Amado back" he says "Amado has agreed to a deal to return to Motagua"

Bit of a difference there, no?

He also states that this was confirmed by the Board of Directors of the club.

So this is not a rumour article in Honduras, but a report.

Looks true to me.

TEGUCIGALPA. - El mediocampista y capitán de la selección nacional, Amado Guevara regresa al Motagua como refuerzo para el campeonato de Clausura y pelear con todo la conquista del título que ya días no logran los azules.

La eliminación del equipo de la final del fútbol hondureño hizo que los dirigentes pusieran las barbas en remojo, y decidieran armar la institución con grandes figuras para hacerle frente al torneo que se avecina.

El “lobo” uno de los grandes caudillos del “ciclón” fue confirmado por la junta directiva y en las próximas horas se sumará a los trabajos de la institución. Amado quedará desligado del Toronto FC de la MLS para unirse al equipo de sus amores.

TEGUCIGALPA - Midfielder and national team captain, Amado Guevara, returns to Motagua as an acquisition for the Clausura championship to help the blues battle for the title they missed out on days ago.

Their elimination in the finals of Honduran football sent the directors back to the drawing board and they decided to arm the team with big-name stars for the upcoming tournament.

El "lobo", one of the great figures of the "cyclone" was confirmed by the board of directors and will soon begin training with the team. Amado will separate (or sever ties) with Toronto FC of MLS in order to join the team he loves.

There's my quick and dirty translation.

Boris
12-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Fair enough... I don't read Spanish bitch!

learn it!!!!
:rolleyes:

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 10:50 AM
learn it!!!!
:rolleyes:

Damn dirty mexirussian!

Boris
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Of course you never know.

But that's an article, not a column.

It's stated as fact in the article, rather than opinion.

He doesn't say "Motagua should bring Amado back" he says "Amado has agreed to a deal to return to Motagua"

Bit of a difference there, no?

He also states that this was confirmed by the Board of Directors of the club.

So this is not a rumour article in Honduras, but a report.

Looks true to me.

TEGUCIGALPA - Midfielder and national team captain, Amado Guevara, returns to Motagua as an acquisition for the Clausura championship to help the blues battle for the title they missed out on days ago.

Their elimination in the finals of Honduran football sent the directors back to the drawing board and they decided to arm the team with big-name stars for the upcoming tournament.

El "lobo", one of the great figures of the "cyclone" was confirmed by the board of directors and will soon begin training with the team. Amado will separate (or sever ties) with Toronto FC of MLS in order to join the team he loves.

There's my quick and dirty translation.

thing is though...i read la prensa de el salvador a lot and i see tons of stuff like that which in turn are false.

it is noteworthy but im going to wait and see.

TFC 420
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
no habla espanol!

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
thing is though...i read la prensa de el salvador a lot and i see tons of stuff like that which in turn are false.

it is noteworthy but im going to wait and see.

As pigfynn noted, and I believe he's correct. It's the same paper that confirmed he was on his way here... FWIW

flatpicker
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
looks like it's gonna be an interesting few months!

Boris
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
As pigfynn noted, and I believe he's correct. It's the same paper that confirmed he was on his way here... FWIW

i think youre correct....
frack...

canadian_bhoy
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Dero - January, Mo signs him as DP. Calling it now (I know others have too).

Anyone want to post odds?

I'm in for $10

Boris
12-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Dero - January, Mo signs him as DP. Calling it now (I know others have too).

Anyone want to post odds?

I'm in for $10

IM IN!

Billy the kid
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
It would be brutal if we gave up Guevara and got nothing for him. People are talking about replacing him with DeRo, but who better to trade for DeRo than Guevara. What would we have to give up to get him now?

Damien
12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeh I have to agree, if Guevara's leaving and Mo's not fighting to keep him it must mean we have someone lined up. Unless Mo's incredibly stupid... which I'm sure some of you suggest he is.

Pigfynn
12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
I would take DeRo as a replacement straight up. Fucking right....for alot of reasons.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
De Ro as dp, lordy, i hope not.
Love the dude, and im down with paying him with allocations etc but not DP

Damien
12-05-2008, 11:08 AM

I'd doubt DeRo would come as a DP cuz he still has a year or 2 left on his current contract. If we trade for him we get his current contract. Plus I'm sure he's willing to give a "home town discount".

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Figures, whoever I get on my Jersey ends up leaving. You can thank me for Cunningham though.

TFC 420
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I agree with using allocation money on DeRo. Save the DP slot for a top player with a decent European resume.

Jack
12-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm think we have stuff we can offer to Houston as they are looking to retool. I think they peaked with their current team and they need a revamp.

Marvell Wynne, maybe? He's going to maybe be sold anyway. Maybe Houston takes him since then they'll get money plus allocation if he's sold, if not they get him for a season until he goes next year.

Damien
12-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm think we have stuff we can offer to Houston as they are looking to retool. I think they peaked with their current team and they need a revamp.

Marvell Wynne, maybe? He's going to maybe be sold anyway. Maybe Houston takes him since then they'll get money plus allocation if he's sold, if not they get him for a season until he goes next year.

If they're revamping we have a draft pick or 3 to toss at them...

Pigfynn
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
DeRo and a DP striker. Oh! and a veteren CB and we will challenge for the cup.

TFC 420
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM

didn't DC do the same thing with Freddy Adu. He was sent to RSL for half the season. RSL sold Adu to Benfice for 2 mil. I'm not sure what the transfer fee for Wynne would be but considering how Mojo bent Rangers over in the Edu deal other European teams my abit more hesitant to shell out big bucks.

Jack
12-05-2008, 11:36 AM
didn't DC do the same thing with Freddy Adu. He was sent to RSL for half the season. RSL sold Adu to Benfice for 2 mil. I'm not sure what the transfer fee for Wynne would be but considering how Mojo bent Rangers over in the Edu deal other European teams my abit more hesitant to shell out big bucks.

Yeah... we'll see I guess. There's always a team out there willing to take a chance on a guy who looks promising.

(I just noticed I said "maybe" three times when talking about Wynne :D)

Bluenose13
12-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Here is the article from MLS espanol translated through babelfish.......Not as bad as we feared.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mlsenespanol.net%2F&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Jack
12-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Alright...so Bluenose's article says he's just going to play there on a loan-type deal to stay in shape.

Hmm...interesting.

justin
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
paul, i'm summoning you with my "shinning",

http://popvultures.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/homer_shiningspoof.jpg

clarification pretty please?

poppamidnight
12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Do we get a transfer fee for this? and is it considered a loan?

Personally if he's sticking there and getting game action, if i was Carver I wouldnt hold him to showing up for the ENTIRE pre-season (keep him fresh by bringing him for the last little bit of camp)

deschamp86
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/12/contrary-to-reports-guevara-staying-in-toronto.html

TFC 420
12-05-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/12/contrary-to-reports-guevara-staying-in-toronto.html
Thats good news.:)

Jack
12-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Well...turns out the article on the Honduran website was, indeed, BS.

Good to hear!

CoachGT
12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
The fan590 announced on the news this afternoon that he has signed in Honduras. No mention of a loan or anything else.

Ageroo
12-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I just heard that as well on the fan590...looks like there is truth to it...it was part of their sports news updates

Boris
12-05-2008, 05:40 PM
could be case of fan 590 taking the article in question and assuming it to be true?
could be someone reading these boards too :D

Martin Groove
But the fan was basing the story on the article in the Honduran newspaper

MUFC_Niagara
Hmmmm....i'd like to hear something from the club and the man himself putting this to bed...

Boris
12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Hmmmm....i'd like to hear something from the club and the man himself putting this to bed...

bam...you read my mind

Shakes McQueen
12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
If Guevara makes a statement, none of us will understand it. Although I guess we could look to see if he has "angry eyebrows" or not.

Because if he has angry eyebrows, we better start looking for a new AMF.

- Scott

Boris
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
If Guevara makes a statement, none of us will understand it. Although I guess we could look to see if he has "angry eyebrows" or not.

- Scott

i get it...

but we have enough spanish speaking people here.....:rolleyes:

SLBuu
12-05-2008, 05:47 PM

- Scott

lol.....dude. :noidea:

Brooker
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
any sighting of guevarra's mailman?

we need a reliable source!

Nuvinho
12-05-2008, 05:57 PM
any sighting of guevarra's mailman?

we need a reliable source!

his agent said No! check out the ives article listed earlier in this thread.

Brooker
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
was a joke :D

Big Bruva
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Hmmmmm Amado going back to Hondouras lol