PDA

View Full Version : Dichio agrees to new deal with TFC

canadian_bhoy
12-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Suprised that it wasn't in the paper or mentioned here - Dichio announced last night that he has agreed in principal with the club for a new contract.

First Robbo - Now DD, this is great news for next season.

When he walked around the pitch after the last match against Chicago - I really thought that was it. Can't wait to see him back in action next season - let's hope he stays healthy.

rocker
12-05-2008, 08:14 AM
i think the reason it hasn't been mentioned is that he hasn't actually signed on the dotted line yet.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 08:15 AM
In principal does not equal a signed contract Mike, you should know that. ;)

canadian_bhoy
12-05-2008, 08:19 AM
In principal does not equal a signed contract Mike, you should know that. ;)

I can't see him pulling a Mo. The way he was talking last night - it's a done deal. I got the feeling that it wasn't signed because Mo was in Jamaica.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Regardless, he hasn't officially put pen to paper hence why it hasn't made the news.

Idiot. ;)

canadian_bhoy
12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Regardless, he hasn't officially put pen to paper hence why it hasn't made the news.

Idiot. ;)

Usually when someone makes a formal announcement at an event - it makes the news.

jackass ;)

MrHawk
12-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Does this mean Bosko Balaban won't be in TFC gear next year?

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Does this mean Bosko Balaban won't be in TFC gear next year?

Doesn't rule anything out. ;)

Mike, shut up douchebag it's still not official! :lol:

Fort York Redcoat
12-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Great almost news!

Cashcleaner
12-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Who's the asshole that's posting this "principle" garbage about...

Oh. Hey Mike.

Mrs. Workie
12-05-2008, 08:37 AM
The "I plan on being with the club for a long long time" line did it for me.

His role will change, but he's here for a while :D

Ageroo
12-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Great almost news!

Yes....I almost agree....great news :D

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I can't wait till this sprout of speculation grows into a beautiful weed of rumordom.

Cashcleaner
12-05-2008, 08:50 AM
^ Needs more fertilizer (ie: bullshit)

Lucky Strike
12-05-2008, 09:00 AM
If true, this is fantastic! I wonder how much his salary will be...in principle.

Bobo
12-05-2008, 09:17 AM
i think the reason it hasn't been mentioned is that he hasn't actually signed on the dotted line yet.

Ya but if someone catches wind (no pun intended) of Dichio taking a dump, its on the board. First news I've heard of it though. Great news. Don't know how effective he'll be, but at the very least its a morale booster for everyone.

Torcida
12-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Oooo Danny Dichioooo!
Dichio!!
Dichio!
Danny Dichiooooooo!!

Torcida
12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Oooo Danny Dichioooo!
Dichio!!
Dichio!
Danny Dichiooooooo!!

Oooo....

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
That's great that DD is going to be the principal! I hope he doesn't fall for Zack's crazy schemes and dodges. He should expel that screech kid while he's at it.

TFC 420
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
I figured DD was coming back when he was protected in the expansion draft.

Hitcho
12-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Yeah, makes sense. He's said all along he wanted to stay with the club, and he gave a radio interview after the season ended where he confirmed he wasn't going to reitre (it made a thread on here if I recall). My guess is the only deliberations were about salary and a coaching option with the club, something like that.

Great news though - having Dichio at the club as a player next season and long term in any capacity just fills me with joy and happiness. :D:D:D

Toronto_Bhoy
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Legend.

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Suprised that it wasn't in the paper or mentioned here - Dichio announced last night that he has agreed in principal with the club for a new contract.

Suprised. Really? They could find out that watching TFC games cures cancer and there would be no mention in any Toronto papers.

Hitcho
12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
^ :rofl:

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
^^Finally a laugh! Now I can go have breakfast. I've been on here since 4 waiting for that. My fiance thanks you Hitcho.

tfcmanu
12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah, makes sense. He's said all along he wanted to stay with the club, and he gave a radio interview after the season ended where he confirmed he wasn't going to reitre (it made a thread on here if I recall). My guess is the only deliberations were about salary and a coaching option with the club, something like that.

Great news though - having Dichio at the club as a player next season and long term in any capacity just fills me with joy and happiness. :D:D:D

http://www.z1035.com/includes/podcas...nny_Dichio.mp3 (http://www.z1035.com/includes/podcasts/Oct22_Danny_Dichio.mp3)

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=7037&highlight=z103

trane
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Love to here that. I just hope to see one full season with hem at the helm, and perhaps a game or two in the playoffs.

Technorgasm
12-05-2008, 10:55 AM
THIS IS FACT.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081205&content_id=207844&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

In front of hundreds of Toronto FC supporters at 'The Kit Party' Thursday night, Danny Dichio announced that he is staying with the team next season after agreeing a 1 year extension to his contract. The 34-year-old striker scored 5 goals in 2008 despite being troubled by injury.
"I'm overjoyed with the new deal because it has been going on for a while," said Dichio. "We agreed in principle to the terms and I'm really happy because I wanted to get it sorted before I go back to England. I'm happy here and my family is happy here so I want to be here for a very long time."

To watch the full interview on Toronto FC TV, click here (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=337).

Dichio spent much of the summer on the sidelines after sustaining a concussion during the Canada Day defeat to Vancouver Whitecaps and the striker was unsure if he would be fit enough to play in 2009. But he feels good about his health. "There were questions about my health during the season with the concussion I got but I felt strong in the games I was involved in towards the end of last season," explained Dichio. "I'm going to be pushing for a starting role and I'm sure John Carver would expect that. I'm not going to play every minute of every game next season, but I'm sure I can make a valuable contribution."
"I had a talk with my family and previous coaches back in England, and they told me to keep playing as long as I felt I could. I didn't want to stay for another year if I didn't feel right. I didn't want to cheat myself and the fans, but I feel strong and am really looking forward to it."

onemanbarmyarmy
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Don't Caps Lock Me Squid Brains!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
12-05-2008, 11:21 AM
One year extention = A-Ok
we love you Danny

canadian_bhoy
12-05-2008, 11:29 AM
THIS IS FACT.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20081205&content_id=207844&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

In front of hundreds of Toronto FC supporters at 'The Kit Party' Thursday night, Danny Dichio announced that he is staying with the team next season after agreeing a 1 year extension to his contract. The 34-year-old striker scored 5 goals in 2008 despite being troubled by injury.
"I'm overjoyed with the new deal because it has been going on for a while," said Dichio. "We agreed in principle to the terms and I'm really happy because I wanted to get it sorted before I go back to England. I'm happy here and my family is happy here so I want to be here for a very long time."

To watch the full interview on Toronto FC TV, click here (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=337).

Dichio spent much of the summer on the sidelines after sustaining a concussion during the Canada Day defeat to Vancouver Whitecaps and the striker was unsure if he would be fit enough to play in 2009. But he feels good about his health. "There were questions about my health during the season with the concussion I got but I felt strong in the games I was involved in towards the end of last season," explained Dichio. "I'm going to be pushing for a starting role and I'm sure John Carver would expect that. I'm not going to play every minute of every game next season, but I'm sure I can make a valuable contribution."
"I had a talk with my family and previous coaches back in England, and they told me to keep playing as long as I felt I could. I didn't want to stay for another year if I didn't feel right. I didn't want to cheat myself and the fans, but I feel strong and am really looking forward to it."

According to Shaughno, this article means nothing.

stretchthetruth
12-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Legend.

enough said.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 11:30 AM
I bet it's more than just a 1 year extension. I have a feeling there is an option for further role within the club after.

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 11:30 AM
According to Shaughno, this article means nothing.

Hey douchebag, watch your mouth or I'll shove it full of Rangers gear. ;)

Beach_Red
12-05-2008, 11:32 AM
The "I plan on being with the club for a long long time" line did it for me.

His role will change, but he's here for a while :D

It does look like the team is being fair with people - making offers and sticking to them. Sometimes, like Dikov, we're being used as negotiating tools (probably most of the time) but so far, TFC has handled itself pretty well.

Mrs. Workie
A lot of people have been saying they see him taking on more a coaching role after his career is over. Like I said before, he'll be with the club for a very long time.

Cashcleaner
Now now, let's get some perspective here. Just how well do we know this site (www.torontofc.ca) ?

Shaughno
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
^^ Not very well at all. I call unsubstantiated rumor!!!!!!

Hitcho
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Let's make Danny Prime Minister too. He rocks.

Hitcho
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
^^Finally a laugh! Now I can go have breakfast. I've been on here since 4 waiting for that. My fiance thanks you Hitcho.

She's very welcome. Any brekkie left for me by way of gratitude?! :D

Oldtimer
12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Let's make Danny Prime Minister too. He rocks.

He'd certainly do better than this bunch:

http://www.maxpower.ca/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/harper_cowboy.jpg

http://www.gloriakovach.com/Other/PublishingImages/20071019-subpage-Dion.jpg

http://www.thetelegram.com/photos/Telegram/stories/Jack-Layton.jpg

http://www.ledevoir.com/2007/05/05/images/duc_050507.jpg

Beach_Red
12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
He'd certainly do better than this bunch:

One of the bunch is missing....

Cashcleaner
12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
^ Hotlinking is not cool, Oldtimer. Didn't the intrawebs teach you anything?

giambac
12-05-2008, 04:08 PM

When he walked around the pitch after the last match against Chicago - I really thought that was it. Can't wait to see him back in action next season - let's hope he stays healthy.

Let me get this right.

We reigned 2 old injury prone players that were on our team last year. Yes a team that came last. And you say things are looking up for us????????????????:drinking:

Roogsy
12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Let me get this right.

We reigned 2 old injury prone players that were on our team last year. Yes a team that came last. And you say things are looking up for us????????????????:drinking:

So now it's not just Carver, it's the players as well. Wow. :rolleyes:

Why do you even follow this team?

jloome
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Damn, I'd love it if he could stay healthy for a whole season. His strike rate when he was on was pretty unbelievable, moreso for a target man.

BuSaPuNk
12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Great news!! Good to see DD will be here again. He is the heart and soul of this team. True Legend!!

Marco2K
12-05-2008, 05:11 PM
vote For Dichio!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shakes McQueen
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Let me get this right.

You don't like this team. No matter what you claim, you don't. You just don't.

You keep shifting the goalposts, and finding different things to complain about, depending on the subject at hand.

- Scott

tfc
12-05-2008, 05:21 PM
ughhhh giambac, give it up. nobody cares what you think. go support the KKKrew, it would suit you well.

jloome
12-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Y'know, I could be wrong, but I think I recall Giambac pulling this same schtick on the Voyageurs site a few years ago. Sean? Anyone who remembers? Same asshole, right?

NateDoGG
12-06-2008, 12:43 PM
dichio is the greatest toronto fc player to ever live, a true legend

Ossington Mental Youth
12-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Y'know, I could be wrong, but I think I recall Giambac pulling this same schtick on the Voyageurs site a few years ago. Sean? Anyone who remembers? Same asshole, right?

Whos his favorite team again? York Italia or something?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-06-2008, 12:49 PM
dudes a troll, i think i read something once that counted as a contribution, outside of that, he just trolls

deeznutz
12-06-2008, 02:09 PM

Hey mike maybe we can give him hand jobs too no?????

:noidea:

Blizzard
12-06-2008, 05:00 PM
dudes a troll, i think i read something once that counted as a contribution, outside of that, he just trolls

Jeez. If I were a troll, I'd be insulted by the comparison! :drinking:

B

NateDoGG
12-06-2008, 10:21 PM
dichio is the greatest EVER!

TorCanSoc
12-06-2008, 11:05 PM
CP24 (take it for what its worth) had text that said"Danny Dichio has signed on for next season" ..... "at a cut in pay"

wtf is that about?

He's got an absolute presence on the pitch. He has control, he slows it all down, plays smooth and flowing football for a big man. Next year, given a full season, I think he'll become the unsung hero with a lot of assists.

Pachuco
12-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't think what Giambac is saying is that far from the truth (the way he expresses himself just doesn't help him). Don't get me wrong, I think Danny brings alot to the team, but c'ommon, we certainly ain't going to rely on him being a starting striker next season, not if we want to make the playoffs. Nothing to do with his skill level, more to do with the fact that he WON'T BE HEALTHY ALL SEASON. I said this last year and I was right, I'll say it again this year and I know I'll be right. Some of you are hanging on to the possibility that Dichio can play an entire season, c'ommon, you know that won't happen. I'm glad they signed him for another year, I just hope he doesn't take too much cap space and I also expect him to take a back seat to Barrett and a future, younger striker.

rocker
12-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Dichio said himself he probably wouldn't play a whole season.. see the interview with Luke Wileman.

i don't see anybody hoping Dichio will be our #1 striker and healthy all season.. (see the thread where the poll has most people hoping for a new striker).

But to have him healthy when needed as a backup for half a season and maybe a starter for the rest, that's awesome. Even just having his presence around helps. Ibby was praising Dichio's lessons last year...

The Black Pearl
12-09-2008, 04:54 PM
great news

FluSH
12-09-2008, 05:06 PM
AMEN!