PDA

View Full Version : R.Johnston:'First kick' sails wide

sulfur
12-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Starved for non-speculative, team-related news the MLS dropped a morsel for Toronto FC supporters to devour in releasing the 'First Kick' schedule on Tuesday in New York.

It is only three games, but if you look at the season-opening triumvirate (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/12/02/tfc_schedule_2009/) as a trend it can provide as glimpse of what the final three games of the season may hold. Last season TFC took three of a possible nine points and went on to finish with 35 points, missing the post-season by four points. In its inaugural season the team didn't record a point (or a goal) until its fifth match and finished with 25 points and a notorious goal-scoring record.Continues here... (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/12/02/johnston_first_kick/)

Stugatzo
12-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Thanks for this, but can you edit title?? I thought Mo was dumping on the opener being in KC. Now THAT would be welcome news.

sulfur
12-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Sorry... I always forget about MoJo being a "Johnston". Heh. He's just MoJo to me. :)

Flipityflu
12-03-2008, 01:52 PM
just curious, but does anybody know what the point of this was? honestly, why does it matter who plays who in the first few games. the only thing that matters is getting points, no matter who you play.

' the reality is that Reds face a pair of '08 playoff participants not to mention the Supporters' Shield and MLS Cup holders -- to begin the third season, meaning the playoffs will once again be a lofty aspiration.'

so, because we are playing Columbas and KC, we are going to have a hard time making the playoffs??????? huh

Damien
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I think the author has to meet a quota on quantity of articles written about TFC... his contract probably states nothing to do with quality.

Flipityflu
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
yeah, and it shows. i've never seen somebody able to predict how hard it will be to make the playoffs based on the schedule of the first two games before...not to mention the fact we don't even know what kind of team we are going to have. thats either brillant prediction or complete idiocy.